[FLOD] Solar Batteryman

DSDFATXVAAAx6Ni.jpg

Solar Batteryman

Level 4 LIGHT

Thunder/Effect

You can only use each effect [among the (1)st, (2)nd, and (3)rd effects] with this card’s name once per turn.

(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 Thunder monster from your Deck to the GY.

(2) If another Thunder monster is Normal or Special Summoned while this card is already in a Monster Zone: Special Summon 1 “Batteryman Token” (Thunder/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0).

(3) You can target 1 “Batteryman” Effect Monster on your field or in your GY; until the End Phase, this card’s name becomes that card’s name.

ATK/1500 DEF/1500

Guess by wording of among I guess it means you can only use 1 Solar Batteryman effect once per turn and only once that turn.

Pretty sure you can use all three effects in a turn but only each once.

This is so ridiculously good for the deck. If you get a hand with Batteryman Charger, Battery Charger and something to deal with Charger's tribute you can summon Charger to summon this from the deck who dumps 9-Volt. Play Battery Charger and special summon 9-Volt. Add Fuel Cell to hand. Summon Fuel Cell. Activate the token summoning effect of Solar. You can tribute the token for Fuel Cell's effect or you can keep it around for Charger's boost.

That gives you a field of 3300 or 3000 Charger, 2000 9-Volt, 2100 Fuel Cell, possibly a Batteryman token, and 1500 Solar. If you drop Short Circuit, that's game. This adds a ton of consistency to a solid low tier deck.

The first effect is bound to age well IMO, since it mills a Thunder regardless of Level, and triggers on both Normal and Special Summon. While the second effect generating a Token opens up Link Summon plays. IDK about the last effect, though. It can act as an extra Batteryman AA for big damage? Still, cools stuff. Now I wonder if Batterymen will get a Link monster anytime soon.

The first effect is bound to age well IMO, since it mills a Thunder regardless of Level, and triggers on both Normal and Special Summon. While the second effect generating a Token opens up Link Summon plays. IDK about the last effect, though. It can act as an extra Batteryman AA for big damage? Still, cools stuff. Now I wonder if Batterymen will get a Link monster anytime soon.

They may do and this maybe related to it for the last effect if that Link Monster gets a boost based on number of same monsters with declared name where this could support with as it can change its name.

On one hand, this solves the issue of the first Batteryman AAA being a pain to get to the Grave without NSing it...

On the other that's really funking slow. I guess it sets up for Industrial...?

I'm also unsure how you're summoning a thunder after summoning this, without having an otherwise good hand.

I guess if anyone was wondering what Bobobo-bo bo-bobo would look like as a Batteryman, you got your answer.

Jokes aside, that first effect is one that I'm pretty excited about.  It's too bad there aren't tons of Thunders that really like the GY but it's bound to get some useful targets over time.  It could become pretty good in Thunder Stun.  That second effect also looks interesting, but it seems pretty awkward to be able to trigger.  Photon Sanctuary might be the best way to do so, but that's relying on an unsearchable (I think?) Spell so... If that third effect was a quick effect, that could be interesting for Inferno Reckless Summon shenanigans, but as it is now, it's kinda just.. there.

*fangirls because batteryman support*

This card is freaking amazing. The Foolish Burial effect by itself almost makes this a x3 slot card imo, considering it sets up Industrial and idk what Batteryman deck isn't running at least x2 Industrial. I agree with Black, second effect is kinda just like "okay... sure" and I'd probably hate it more if it wasn't basically link summoning support and the rest of the card wasn't already fantastic. Last effect is so you have better consistency to Batteryman AA OTK and honestly this card couldn't be more perfect for Batterymen right now. Bravo, Konami.

as the first and foremost batteryman player, i must applaud this card for what it is, and while i can't say i don't wish for more, this is more than enough to satisfy me.

one of the good things about this card is that in combination with 9v, it thins your deck by 2 cards, and may even justify things like photon lead being run in your deck. a free summon, in a deck with 6 mill/searchers is never to be underestimated.

also, portable battery pack, a card that never had quite enough cards to justify running, is now worth re-testing in the deck. the mill effect promises to be useful in the build, and the ability to both search and mill off of one batterypack activation, is tempting enough to justify a fresh test.

On one hand, this solves the issue of the first Batteryman AAA being a pain to get to the Grave without NSing it...

On the other that's really f***ing slow. I guess it sets up for Industrial...?

I'm also unsure how you're summoning a thunder after summoning this, without having an otherwise good hand.

industrial strength, photon sanctuary, fuel cell (assuming any other battery is present), battery charger, CotH or any of it's variants, mithra, (assuming the build is tribute focused) ect. this card makes a bad hand salvageable via mill (most battery hands are only weak because you don't have the right battery in grave), and a good hand that much better in most variants, which is all i really wanted.

I guess if anyone was wondering what Bobobo-bo bo-bobo would look like as a Batteryman, you got your answer.

Jokes aside, that first effect is one that I'm pretty excited about.  It's too bad there aren't tons of Thunders that really like the GY but it's bound to get some useful targets over time.  It could become pretty good in Thunder Stun.  That second effect also looks interesting, but it seems pretty awkward to be able to trigger.  Photon Sanctuary might be the best way to do so, but that's relying on an unsearchable (I think?) Spell so... If that third effect was a quick effect, that could be interesting for Inferno Reckless Summon shenanigans, but as it is now, it's kinda just.. there.

it doesn't need too many targets for it's mill, it already has 9V and AAA, that's enough to give it a strong start, since AAA loves having at least 1 in grave as early as possible, and i don't need to explain why a 9V in grave early (assuming you have the means to revive him) is a good thing. photon sanctuary doesn't hurt to have as a 1-of in the deck, since its 2 free monsters for no cost, meaning more tribute fodder for charger or link shenanigans where the funk is my generic LIGHT link monster konami. if you have it in hand, great. if not, it won't hurt you.

the second effect is for fuel cell, and potentially industrial strength (if you only want to hit a backrow)

the 3rd effect isn't really great, but it does open up IRS plays, so it breathes new life into the AA playstyle, which was dead at this point, and still isn't really worth it.

...it doesn't need too many targets for it's mill, it already has 9V and AAA, that's enough to give it a strong start,

I kinda meant outside Batterymen.  I like the idea of the deck, but I haven't much used it hence why I didn't make commentary on this card in-theme.

But do you run in Link Hunders?

yes. yes you do. In hunders, this card has a utility as a 3rd and fourth AAA.

for example, say you have AAA, this, and ma or pa in hand, you summon ma or pa, then summon this, and you have now set up your later plays with AAA, and still have a R4 or L2 availible to you on the first turn, which isn't too strong of a start, but it sets up for both the grind game, and for an explosive play assuming you have something to recycle your monsters in hand. it's not an outright OTK boost to the decks,but it is a consistency booster, which was something else the deck needed.

Archived