PREDICTION: The effect of the next Dark Elemental Lord.

Z6d9xhR.jpg

LOD-JP024 エレメントセイバー・モーレフ Elementsaber Molehu
Level 4 DARK Warrior Effect Monster ATK 1900 DEF 0
(1) During either player’s turn: You can send 1 “Elementsaber” monster from your hand to the GY, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; change that target to face-down Defense Position. (2) Once per turn, while this card is in your GY: You can declare 1 Attribute; until the end of this turn, the Attribute of this card in the GY becomes that declared Attribute.

​(I know someone posted this card already, so I won't talk about it here).

I will be predicting that the new Dark Elemental Lord will have an effect, much like the other Elemental Lords, that will either be a weakened or stronger version OR an exact replica of an effect of a Spell/Trap currently on the banlist (I went with Normal Spells/Traps because all the other Elemental Lords have effects based on Normal Spells/Traps at 0 on the banlist). I would not know about the name or Type of this monster so please don't ask, and I am working off of Elementsaber Molehu's effect for this prediction so I could be completely wrong in what I'm saying, so I don't need to hear that I'm wrong I'm perfectly aware that I could be.

● Change of Heart: This effect would let you take an opponent's monster so you could use its effect, attack, then flip it face-down to avoid any potential negative effects of that monster. They could go with a slightly nerfed version of Change of Heart's effect as to not break this card.

● Painful Choice: If Konami made a Dark Elemental Lord with a nerfed effect of Painful Choice, it could be used as a good way to Special Summon the other Elemental Lords and send Elementsabers to the GY to use their effects that change their Attributes.

● Sixth Sense: Just like with Painful Choice, this card's effect could be very useful for not only getting certain monsters in the GY, but also drawing other cards you would need for any set-up you might be trying to get. This effect would be heavily nerfed no matter what.

● Trap Dustshoot: Although Moulinglacia already deals with getting rid of cards from the opponent's hand, this effect would be different in that it wouldn't send cards to the GY that might actually help the opponent, but it also allows you to see what they have in hand so you can try to counter them (if possible). They could probably get away with this card's effect as is.

Change of Heart would be fun, but if the Elementsabers and Elemental Lords got a Painful Choice card that would also be fun. Considering the WATER one already discards I think Trap Dustshoot would be a bit redundant though. 

Pls. PLS NO SIXTH SENSE. That card and any variant of that card doesn't need to exist. 1/3 chance of drawing 5-6 cards was the lamest idea ever for a card.

Pls. PLS NO SIXTH SENSE. That card and any variant of that card doesn't need to exist. 1/3 chance of drawing 5-6 cards was the lamest idea ever for a card.

Not the point, Sixth Sense was banned because it can get cards into the GY faster for Decks like Lightsworn when it was relevant, drawing cards is just extra.

I know I have seen people think that it'll probs allow you to draw 2 cards as that is similar to what the dark spirit art did , BUT I don't believe that should be used as a basis to predict that the elemental lord will have a similar eff as the Light and Wind ones had effects that were different from their spiritual arts (Whereas the Fire, Water and Earth ones were similar)

I know I have seen people think that it'll probs allow you to draw 2 cards as the dark spirit art did that, BUT I don't believe that should be used as a basis to predict that the elemental lord will have a similar eff as the Light and Wind ones had effects that were different from their spiritual arts (Whereas the Fire, Water and Earth ones were similar)

That would be closer to Pot of Greed than Dark Spirit Art - Greed as Pot is banned much like the cards whose effects were taken or edited from other cards on the banlist.

That would be closer to Pot of Greed than Dark Spirit Art - Greed as Pot is banned much like the cards whose effects were taken or edited from other cards on the banlist.

I know, I was aware of that when I was typing my post, I worded it weirdly at the start. I meant to say "as that is similar to what the spirit art did".

I know, I was aware of that when I was typing my post, I worded it weirdly at the start. I meant to say "as that is similar to what the spirit art did".

But no they will NEVER give a monster in this game, Elemental Lord or otherwise, an effect that is a replica of Pot of Greed, plus everyone seems to love the newest "Pot of" Spell we get every year anyway (Pot of Desires).

Not the point, Sixth Sense was banned because it can get cards into the GY faster for Decks like Lightsworn when it was relevant, drawing cards is just extra.

No, that's just wrong. It was banned because it could give stupid card advantage for no real cost, and the random chance didn't make it fair, it just made it more luck reliant. It was used in literally every deck.

Don't correct people when you don't know what you're talking about.

also there's no reason why they wouldn't put pot of fuken greed on an elemental lord. We already got Beginning of the End, which has a similar condition and draws 3 cards instead of 2, and it's a sheet card liteerallly noone plays

saw play during the ba format for a short period of time by some players, cant remember if it made it into top lists though.

Especially since the last time they did that, said card got banned

I thought the last card that had a PoG effect was Pot of the Forbidden

also there's no reason why they wouldn't put pot of fuken greed on an elemental lord. We already got Beginning of the End, which has a similar condition and draws 3 cards instead of 2, and it's a s*** card liteerallly noone plays

Wait, so they wouldn't give it a PoG effect because it would be too good or too bad?  I'm getting mixed messages here.

I think giving it a PoG effect would be fine as long as it has a HOPT like Grandsoil got considering it is an abusable effect.

nah I'm saying that they would give it a Pot of Greed effect and I think that they should. It'd be a nice card to be able to drop in rando dark decks and just refill your hand.

ABC Gun said that they would NEVER give a card a pot of greed effect and that's just wrong

I doubt it will have a non-offensive effect, since so far all Elemental Lords have effects that harm the opponent, rather than support the player. because of this, I lean towards the DARK Elemental Lord having the Change of Heart effect. But who knows, it could be the big exception.

I would say Trap Dustshoot too but, seems to me they are going for old school power Spell/Traps, and Dustshoot was released much later than those.

No, that's just wrong. It was banned because it could give stupid card advantage for no real cost, and the random chance didn't make it fair, it just made it more luck reliant. It was used in literally every deck.

Don't correct people when you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm not, that's how I used to use the card. I just wanted my Lightsworns in the GY so I could Summon Judgment Dragon I never really cared about drawing anything except some Spells/Traps. I said what I said because that's how I viewed it but if Konami ever comes out and starts telling us exactly why certain cards end up at 0 then I will go with what they say.

nah I'm saying that they would give it a Pot of Greed effect and I think that they should. It'd be a nice card to be able to drop in rando dark decks and just refill your hand.

ABC Gun said that they would NEVER give a card a pot of greed effect and that's just wrong

When I said that I meant an effect that just lets you draw 2 cards for no cost at all or any negative effect. If they were to let you draw cards it would be with a Graceful Charity effect at best.

It’s DARK. Every lord, at least before Forceaurage, follows an attribute theme of some sort.

Moulinglacia, Grandsoil, and Pyrorex follow their spirit arts. Water is associated with hand control, earth is generic, and Fire is associated with burn.

backrow control is associated with wind, in a number of situations.

forceaurage is more associated with a card that is lightning, not really light itself

DARK’s most prevalent theme is the Grave, though a number of themes have draw power added to them, not to mention Allure and Beginning of the End. Painful Choice seems most likely, but Pot ofGreed also seems possible.

pretty sure this is the wrong section, though.

Archived