Season 17 Leaderboard Postseason FINAL

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Card A

n2ZUZ6P.png

Onixmas & Rudolph

Level 5 | LIGHT | Fiend | Effect

2500/1200
Effect:
If this card is in your hand (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 other card, and if you do, Special Summon this card. If Summoned this way, this turn, each time your opponent adds a card(s) to their hand, except by drawing them, immeditely draw 1 card. You can only Special Summon "Onixmas & Rudolphs)" once per turn. The activation of your cards and effects that include an effect that adds a card(s) to your hand cannot be negated.

Card B

blitzen_the_thunder_struck_by_bdsceptyr-

Blitzen the Thunderstruck

LIGHT - Level 3 - Fairy/Effect

2050/1050

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If you control no monsters: You can pay 1000 LP; destroy 1 card on each side of the field during the End Phase, also Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, Special Summon 1 LIGHT Fiend monster from your hand to your opponent's side of the field in Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Blitzen the Thunder Struck" once per turn. Cannot attack except to attack LIGHT monsters. If this card would destroy a LIGHT monster by battle, you can return that monster to the hand and Special Summon 1 "Reign Deer Token" (LIGHT/Beast/Tuner/Level 1/500 ATK/500 DEF) instead.

[spoiler=semi-relevant pic]

zc32ygT.jpg

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/rudolphtherednosedreindeer/images/4/49/Imagertrnrtmbcthsr.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150918103606

(Because this is pretty much what the final boils down to)

YCM, explain why you ALWAYS shrink stuff from Fandom.

====

Whoever gets to 3 votes first, or most votes by deadline wins.

You gotta explain votes and talk about both.

I reserve right to reject votes if reasoning is inadequate.

Whoever gets an accepted vote will be repped.

====

Deadline is 12/30 @ 6:30 pm HST

And yeah, this theme is technically late, but just enjoy Christmas and stuff sticking around for a bit longer.

(Members were supposed to do a reindeer themed thing; not explicitly)

[spoiler=what about the other two]

I didn't get entries from them, nor extension requests, so...both of them get 3rd by default.

Alright, time to finish up the Postseason and least 2017 on time so it doesn't leak over.

Happy holidays!

As far as I understand it, Card A can SS itself from the hand by discarding itself to the GY, then immediately SSing it, as it doesn't specify where it is Special Summoned from, so it basically becomes a drawing Maxx "C". The ability to discard a card from your hand in case you want to trigger a GY effect is kinda neat, but I think the option between discarding and not was not the initial intention. Regardless, the blanket protection for drawing is welcome, and slightly buffs it as a handtrap. In massively searching Decks, this would be a key card, as the protection, unlike the plussing of your opponent, works on drawing. Really, considering how generic it is, I'd put it at slightly below Maxx "C" as a generic generic, but something that has potential in future Decks. Nekroz?

Card B...is odd. I mean, non-targeting removal is great, but is it worth it? You need no monsters, and if you are running another LIGHT monster(s), you lose a card in your hand, and you also need to pop a monster you control. Returning to the hand and granting a Token is semi-decent, but its a battle effect on a monster that Summons itself at the EP of your turn, leaving it vulnerable to whatever your opponent does. A few decks could use some of its effects, but none I can think of want all of them.

Vote to Card A.

I should've ended this 15 hours ago, but yeah. 

So...BatMed wins this 1-0 and ultimately gets the Season 17 Postseason title. 

=====

Quick thoughts (and because of its nature, I'll try to RP it as Flash Star/Rudolph [you guys knew this, right?])

photo-808290.jpg

Card A

(I'm not seeing my likeness in here, despite the card name referencing me, but that isn't a problem due to artwork and all.)

I mean, yeah, it's a free search punisher and lets your own go off without being chained to and stuff (i.e. no getting Ash Blossom'd). Nothing wrong with it. 

(Uh, and typo much?)

Card B

Yeah, I don't know about this one. It's a non-targeting Scrap Dragon, but requires you to have no field setup, then gives the opponent another monster (IDK, I suppose you're supposed to force Satan Claus / Santa Claws onto them, and then bounce them later), but yeah. Token thing is fine, but battle-reliant effects are fading out if I remember correctly. Then again, you can only attack LIGHT monsters [DNA Transplant would help in this case, yes, but it's gimmicky]; I guess you do have Lightsworns and stuff as valid attack targets, but...

IDK, considering this is based on my dad from the 1998 special (only by name, not character), I really don't know how much justice this does him.

======

I'd have to vote A too. 

======

So yeah, this cleans up the Postseason and the last one of 2017. 

Archived