Vampire Headhunter (Playing the Meta for (Vampire) Suckers)

Black D'Sceptyr

I've fallen off the wagon with these intros to my cards haven't I? 

So yeah, this card offers field clearing, an easier way to trigger up the Kingdom, and more Level 5-6 plays with the Vamps. Specially those that can work around Bram's Battle-Phase-ending Sorciere de Fleur-mimicking effect. In a way. Also protection. That's fun right?

vampire_headhunter_by_bdsceptyr-dby6b9y.

[spoiler=Vampire Headhunter: Info]

DARK/Zombie-Type Effect Monster/Level 7/2450 ATK/1950 DEF

Lore: If a monster whose ATK is equal to or less than the total DEF of all "Vampire" monsters you control activates its effect (Quick Effect): You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon this card from your hand as a Level 5 or 6 monster with 0 DEF, also that activated effect becomes "Send 1 monster you control to the GY, and if you do, treat it as if it was sent from the Deck to the GY." All "Vampire" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects, except this Special Summoned card. A DARK monster that was Fusion, Xyz or Link Summoned using this card as material gains this effect. 

• If it is Summoned; Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent, then banish cards from your opponent's GY until there is 1 card left.

Oh look and it also has the same difference in ATK and DEF as Lady to Lord.

That's cool

Anyways, till tomorrow, reviews and revelry are well appreciated.

BDS, signing off.

Its Summoning effect is easy enough to activate and cleverly worded, given how some of the last Vampires had 0 DEF. Sending effect is reminiscent of cards like Dark Deal and Fabled Dianaira. Protection effect is good, and can even work if it is Summoned by something else like Call of the Haunted. With the last effect, I feel that all the banishing is excessive, but then again the archetype doesn't have a foot to stand on. And I'm not sure how this and the archetype would fair with their potential Link monster. Overall, it is a good card and does what Vampires should be doing a little more of: Summoning.

Archived