[DPR] SUPER LONG SWORD (for those that like anime)

Eshai

Haven't done one of these in a while. Been working more on archetypes as of recent.

Superlongsword

Spell - Equip

You can only control 1 face-up “Superlongsword". If the equipped monster destroys a monster by battle: It gains 300 ATK/DEF and attacks once again in a row. Your opponent cannot take damage from a battle involving the equipped monster. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.

Figured this would be funny. I wanted an "attack all monsters your opponent controls" card but I figured there should be a couple more restrictions to prevent too much exploitation. The "idea" here is that you use this with cards that get benefits from destroying monsters by battle. While this might not seem too good, there is a combo with another card in the DPR that's essentially Horn of the Phantom Beast but as a generic Equip Spell, so you get a little generic draw engine via equip cards. Also, some protection if you can't get over something, so that's nice.

I'm working a lot more on the Duel-Portal at the moment, where I'm working on an archetype with a lot of battle destruction capabilities. Figured I wanted a card like this in the DPR anyways so I might as well test it while I'm testing other stuff.

Nice card, it certainly fits a niche without being too obscene. When I think of "superlongsword", Sephiroth's sword comes to mind... is that what this card is based on or something else? Also, not sure how the name lines up with the flavor of the card, maybe I'm missing something, but it's whatever. I don't think the "You can only control 1 face-up Superlongsword" clause needs to be that strict, but I understand that you'd want to prevent 1 monster from having multiple of these, so I'd suggest making it to where you can only attach 1 "Superlongsword" to 1 monster at a time. The ATK gain and multi-attack is cool, and is balanced by your opponent not being able to take any damage from the attacks, which is actually good since this applies to both battle and effect damage. No concerns with the shield effect considering the first one. Altogether, great concept.

Archived