Pokemon: Mind and Soul [IC/PG-13/Not Accepting]

hxJ6EEI.png

The door opened to reveal to the trio of trainers, a tired-looking woman. She squinted as if the sun was too much light for her eyes, and judging by the single dim bulb hanging in the shack behind her, it may well have been.

"I am Professor Cedar, yes. What have you come here for?"

"Oh!  Nice to meet you Professor!  I'm Oswald!  And these are my... friends! Naomi and Kanon!"

"Acquaintances," Kanon muttered. "Lying about it won't do us any good or bad, so what's the point?"

"We're just new adventurers here in Korova, and we'd figured we'd stop by and pay our respects to the region's leading professor. We were wondering if there was anything we could do to help around. If there's anything amiss, or strange going on... we wanna know about it. Right?!"

"As a matter of fact, he is right," Kanon agreed. "Being a professor is surely busy work, so I won't waste your time. We heard some talk that implies something terrible happened to you, and we'd like to get to the bottom of what it is and what we can do to resolve the issue, if anything."

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ZA2NV7M.png

"Oh!  Nice to meet you Professor!  I'm Oswald!  And these are my... friends! Naomi and Kanon!"

"Acquaintances," Kanon muttered. "Lying about it won't do us any good or bad, so what's the point?"

"That's t'long've a word. Let's jus say friends." Naomi responded to the two before the Professor could answer. She honestly wasn't too worried about what level of relationship she had with these two. But she didn't really feel like calling them something so syllable-y.

Though the Professor didn't seem to care much about this little back and forth between the three.

When Oswald and Kanon asked her question she pushed her glasses up a bit and let out a deep sigh. She opened the door a bit more and stepped into the doorway. As she stood it turned out she was above average height, though she seemed quite thin.

"So they're still talking about that?" Cedar said with a hint of annoyance. "Well, first of all, nothing happened to me. Furthermore it was in the past, years ago, so no there isn't anything you can do." She got a faraway look as her eyes darted back and forth. It seemed she was thinking about something intently. "You're not here for a starting Pokemon, I can see you've already been training Pokemon of your own. Your concern is noted but if you don't need anything else I should get back to my research." Her gaze lingered on Oswald and she seemed to be examining him in particular. "Make sure not to get into any trouble. I've heard rumors of some dangerous people in the next city."

sXIqNHS.png

After having finished her own battle, she held onto Cherry as she went to watch Ivan go onto his own fight. Looking at the patrat, the girl's eyes lit up at the sight of the pokemon, being able to actually recognize it as opposed to most of the others that she had seen in this region thus far. After watching Ivan and his panda pokemon Po go to town on it, the girl looked as equally excited as she always had saying, "nice job Ivan! And you too Po, you were both awesome!" Cherry waved her arms in agreement as Jacklyn gave her praise to them. While Ivan seemed to be done for the night, Jacklyn said, "what about you Cherry, are you still up for more training?" The buneary looked a little worse for wear but still willing to go train. "That's the spirit!" Pumping her fist into the air, both she and Cherry seemed keen on continuing their training montage. Looking back to Ivan, she said, "you can go back to camp, Cherry and I are going to stay out a little longer." 

Regardless of what Ivan did, Cherry and Jacklyn continued to train, finding a few more random pokemom, such as some ratatta. With a few successful victories under Cherry's belt, the Buneary eventually seemed far too fatigued to continue going, falling asleep on the ground as the last battle finished. Putting her back in her pokeball, the girl then merely stood where she was for a moment. Oddly still and even more oddly silent, with a soft smile on her face, the girl looked around the scenery around her for a few minutes before saying, "alright. Time for bed." With that, she marched her way back to the camp site,going into her tent and sleeping the night away .

Though late to bed, the girl was early to rise, and with similar enthusiasm she went to tackle this day as she had any other. Making her way out of the tent as she had woken up, Jacklyn began to pack up what she could. Eventually, once everyone else was awake and ready to go, the girl began to list off the day's agenda. "Alright, first, we'll go and clean everything up. And then after that, we'll get going to the next city down the road. Oh, I didn't get much for breakfast, but here, I got these." Reaching into her bag of snacks, the girl pulled out peanut butter sandwich crackers. Giving a thumbs up, as the group was getting ready to move out, Jacklyn helped pack up the tents, and when everything was set up, the group was off to the next city .

When the group had gotten over to the next city, the girl's eyes were wide with wonder as she saw what the town was like. In stark contrast to the city they had just been in, this was far less urban, as denoted immediately by the small fence around the perimeter. "Whoa, it's so small." Looking to the others, she said, "I've never seen a place like this before. Let's go! Er, where do you guys want to go explore first?"

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

"Acquaintances.  Lying about it won't do us any good or bad, so what's the point?"

He looked at Kanon a bit harshly.  He wasn't lying in saying that they were friends...it was just hard for him to get the words out.  He wasn't the guy that typically ran around with friends...he had to stay home and support his mom.  Maybe that's how he came across though...he would have to make sure to strengthen his and Kanon's bond.  

"That's t'long've a word. Let's jus say friends."

Oswald then turned to Naomi and nodded with a smile.  She got it...or at least she was blindly ignorant to any other emotion other than sleepy and tired.  

"So they're still talking about that?  Well, first of all, nothing happened to me. Furthermore it was in the past, years ago, so no there isn't anything you can do.  You're not here for a starting Pokemon, I can see you've already been training Pokemon of your own. Your concern is noted but if you don't need anything else I should get back to my research." Her gaze lingered on Oswald and she seemed to be examining him in particular.  Was she already aware of why he was here?  Had Looker made sure to tell her? "Make sure not to get into any trouble. I've heard rumors of some dangerous people in the next city."

Oswald looked on the professor with a hint of disappointment, but nodded respectfully.  

"Thank you Professor!  I'm sorry we bothered you!"  And with that, he ushered the other two away from the building.  Archie baa'd at the Professor, before following his trainer.  Oswald then rubbed his chin.  "Dangerous people in the next city, huh?  Maybe we should go investi-...I mean maybe we should keep our wits about us while we travel there, huh?  Don't want to get involved with anything dangerous."  He then started to head for the next route that would take them to that city.  "Well let's get a move on, why don't we?!" 

hxJ6EEI.png

"So they're still talking about that? Well, first of all, nothing happened to me. Furthermore it was in the past, years ago, so no there isn't anything you can do."

Never too late to undo a mistake. Unless you're talking about something a bit bigger than just somebody slipping up.

"You're not here for a starting Pokemon, I can see you've already been training Pokemon of your own. Your concern is noted but if you don't need anything else I should get back to my research. Make sure not to get into any trouble. I've heard rumors of some dangerous people in the next city."

"Thank you Professor! I'm sorry we bothered you!"

"Good luck with the research," Kanon followed up, as Oswald ushered her away from the professor's shack. She couldn't bring herself to just parrot what Oswald had said; she wasn't particularly thankful for the visit, after all. She didn't really learn much of anything, thus defeating the purpose of this little detour entirely. All she got out of it was that there were some dangerous people in the next city. Kanon would probably know them when she saw them, right? So just avoid them if she cpuld help it. Easy.

"Dangerous people in the next city, huh? Maybe we should go investi-...I mean maybe we should keep our wits about us while we travel there, huh? Don't want to get involved with anything dangerous. Well let's get a move on, why don't we?!"

"Not like there's much to stick around for here," Kanon agreed, following Oswald along toward the route to the next city, picking up her pace to catch up to the boy. "By the way, you were about to say we should go investigate. If you're curious about what some good-for-nothings are up to and want to look into it, I wouldn't bother if I were you. Not like some kids fresh off the boat to Korova will stop someone from doing what they want if they really want to get it done."

In the wee hours of the morning, before the sun was even on the horizon, Genny felt a wide flipper lightly tapping her face. Cracking her eyes a smidge to look at the baby Pokemon, she booped its nose with a smile. She rose silently, quickly rolled up her sleeping bag, and left the tent, leaving her packed belongings behind. With Etoile in her arms, she headed off just a ways from camp, setting her on the ground and taking a deep breath.

"Are you ready, Etoile?" A happy bwark and a bobbing head met the question, earning a smile from the performer. "Alright, then here we go."

After a beat, the two began to vocalize in unison, warming up. As Genevieve began to sing, Etoile created an Aqua Ring and stood on her hind flippers, front flippers wide and eyes closed as she held the tone.

Tu représentes la marée 
Destinée à chercher la vie, hors de portée
Mais l'océan est changeant, comme coule le temps, 
Saisis donc ton destin...

-----

Returning to camp as the sun rose, Genny found Jaclyn preparing to leave, and decided to take her tent down. Ivan would rise soon after, only for Jackie to offer her companions some food and orders.

"Alright, first, we'll go and clean everything up. And then after that, we'll get going to the next city down the road. Oh, I didn't get much for breakfast, but here, I got these."

As Jackie handed her some peanut butter crackers, Genny's face contorted slightly, tucking them into a plastic bag and placing them into her purse.

"Non, non, I still have some of the, eh... Trail mix left. And I can buy us lunch at a restaurant in town, so eat just enough!"

----

Genny blinked as the group arrived to what had been called a "city", certain that it had been mere moments since she was at camp, despite the short journey the group had undertaken to arrive at the small town. Genny felt let down after her offers of clothing and food, the town in no way measuring up to her claims. She squeezed Etoile tight to her chest as she walked forward, taking note of her surroundings. In fact, this podunk made her...

"Whoa, it's so small." Jackie broke Genny's concentration, "I've never seen a place like this before. Let's go! Er, where do you guys want to go explore first?"

"Ah, uh... Wherever you two think is best," Genny smiled softly, gripping Etoile even tighter, "Though I do not think we should stay here too long... It does not appear that there is much for us, here."

ZA2NV7M.png

Professor Cedar waved halfheartedly at the trio as they went to leave. She wasted no time in ducking back into her house and closing the door. As she did Naomi spoke up. "Maybe her parents leave her at home too." The other two would likely not really know what that statement meant. Though she seemed to not think anything of the professor's shut-in attitude.

She didn't resist the group's decision to move on. She liked this place, and wanted to pet that orange Pokemon from before, but she didn't feel like making much of a fuss.

And so the group made their way onto the next route without any hassle.

Route 102 was a more curved route, especially near the center, where the route splits around a large stone statue, with a bit of a marshy center. The road leading up to the center wound in a back and forth way and the road seemed to curve around the patches of tall grass as opposed to the previous route which simple cut straight through.

The moment that the group stepped into the route a pair of young trainers, one male and one female, approached them. Or rather the female approached them while dragging the male along. "Hey you!" She shouted out. "Battle me and my boyfriend!"

The boy muttered "not your boyfriend..." to which the girl shook him a bit. "Me and my BOYFRIEND."

[spoiler=Route 102]Note: If trainer teams not specified leave it to the Player to decide as long as it’s not too far out there.
Note2: Encounters are just a basis and the most common Pokemon found; if Players want a specific Pokemon that fits there they can ask.

Trainers: Several Youngsters and Lasses with common Pokemon.
Encounters: Grass. Hoppip, 15%. Bellsprout, 15%. Rattata, 25%. Patrat, 10%. Starly, 20%. Bounsweet, 15%.
Marsh/Statue. Poliwag, 35%. Inkay, 25%. Ducklett, 10%. Bidoof, 30%.

Also note that Naomi WILL be catching something here later.

And before anything else, the group, specifically Oswald and Kanon, will be challenged to a double battle by Youngster "Couple" Julie and Roman. Julie is the more aggressive battler while Roman is more reserved.

Julie: Fomantis, level 7, Leaf Guard. Moves, Fury Cutter, Leafage.

Roman: Ducklett, level 6, Keen Eye. Moves, Water Gun, Water Sport, Defog.

sXIqNHS.png

As the group entered the town, they'd immediately be almost bowled over by a runaway Stufful. A blonde haired man, with a pair of leather gloves on his hands, ran up to them and apologized. "That little varmint keeps breaking outta the daycare. Sorry bout that folks." He inched towards the Pokemon who, as soon as he stepped closer, immediately took off again.

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

As they entered Route 102, Oswald and the two girls were stopped straight in their tracks by a couple of youngsters.  The girl was quick to challenge them.

"Battle me and my boyfriend!"

"not your boyfriend..."

"Me and my BOYFRIEND!"

"Geez you kids go fast nowadays huh?"  Oswald said, scratching his cheek.  Although they were children, he found himself hesitant to throw Archie into the mix of things.  But he would have to sooner or later...it would be better if he got the handle of battling now.  He looked at Kanon and shrugged.  "I guess we're up.  I'm counting on you, alright!"  He looked to Archie, and nodded his head, too which the Pokemon replied with a baa.  Archie leaped out in front of Oswald, static beginning to dance around his wool.  "I'll be counting on you too, Archie!"  With his declaration of battle, the other two trainers sent out their pokemon.  The girl's Fomantis, and the boy's Ducklett.  As soon as Kanon sent out a pokemon, the battle would start. 

The girl made the first move.   

"Fomantis!  Use Fury Cutter on that Rockruff!!"  There was no hesitation from her at all.  She was on the offense, and looking for a weak target!  It must've been her specialty.  Quickly, Oswald reacted. 

"Archie!  Intercept that Fury Cutter with Thunder Wave!"  Archie baa'd aggressively, as the static built up and shot out from his wool in small yellow bands, aiming between Fomantis and Rockruff.  When the attack connected, static began to envelop the Fomantis, making it extremely slow.  "That should give you some time, Kanon."  

"Ducklet, Water Gun!"  A stream of water then made contact with Archie, pushing him back and into the ground.  The boy looked slightly enthused that his attack connected.  

"He caught me off guard when I was reeling with success...I can't get ahead of myself...this is my first battle after all."  Oswald said, the words smacking against a closed fist against his hand.  "Archie!  Counter with a Tackle!  Make it a strong one too!"  Archie shook itself of the water, and charged the Ducklett, ramming it in the chest with it's head.  "That's the way!  Just like at the academy!"  Oswald cheered.  Something was rising inside of his chest...was battling actually fun?  

OCO5E4E.png

After the exciting battle, Ivan decided that it was probably time for him to rest. He decided to stick around a bit to keep an eye on Jacklyn, but eventually both of them went to their respective tents, resting for the night.

Ivan woke up the next morning early, yawning loudly as he got ready. Heading out of the tent, he saw that Jacklyn had woke up even earlier than he had. "Morning." Ivan said, still yawning as he stretched. He accepted the peanut butter cracker, eating it almost immediately as he got it. "Thanks." He spoke, mouth still full as he started working on putting his side of the camp away. Putting the camp away was much easier than setting it up. Without much else, the group set out.

Ivan couldn't help but smile as they made it to the next city. This was more like what he was used to, at least in terms of the size of the city. The small town made him a lot more comfortable than the last city they were in. "I've never seen a place like this before. Let's go! Er, where do you guys want to go explore first?" Ivan turned to Jacklyn, before turning to Genny.

"Ah, uh... Wherever you two think is best," She looked tense as she spoke, although she tried her hardest to hide it. "Though I do not think we should stay here too long... It does not appear that there is much for us, here." Ivan scoffed, noting her discomfort.

"What's wrong? Superstar can't handle a small dainty town?" Ivan spoke, slightly mockingly but still annoyed. He didn't know much about fancy folk like her, but he had an idea of how they acted. He'd give her more lip, but there were more pressing issues. "Anyways, we should hit up..." 

As he was talking, a Stufful darting towards their direction nearly knocked Ivan off of his feet as it slammed into him. Behind the Pokemon was a blond haired man, chasing after the Pokemon. "That little varmint keeps breaking outta the daycare. Sorry bout that folks." As soon as he got closer to grab the Stufful, it darted off again.

Ivan shook his head. "Don't worry 'bout it." As he spoke, he combed his hair back. He turned back to his group. "As I was saying... we should probably hit up the Pokemon Center." He turned back to the man. "Actually, since you're here, can you point us to where the Pokemon Center here is?"

hxJ6EEI.png

"Maybe her parents leave her at home too."

Her parents what? As much as Kanon wanted to ask just what Nomi was talking about, she couldn't help but feel that anything coming out of the girl's mouth would be pretty much useless. Better to not ask. Besides, it was unlikely that the professor still lived with her parents. Kanon simply followed Oswald's lead to Route 102. It was there that they were soon met by two trainers.

"Battle me and my boyfriend!"

"not your boyfriend..."

"Me and my BOYFRIEND!"

"Geez you kids go fast nowadays huh? I guess we're up. I'm counting on you, alright!"

"I should be telling you the same thing," Kanon responded, grabbing a Pokeball and sending it forth, unleashing her relatively new Rockruff onto the field of battle. And then the fight began. The other girl's Formantis moved in to use Fury Cutter on Kanon's new friend, but Oswald's Mareep - apparently named Archie - intercepted the attack with a Thunder Wave. Followed by the boy's Ducklett shooting the sheep with a Water Gun, to which Archie retaliated with a Tackle.

"That's the way!  Just like at the academy!"

"Hear that, boy? City boy here had some classes on battles. Let's not let him upstage us. Give that Ducklett a Leer; show him who's boss!"

With a confident bark, the Rockruff turned its attention to the Ducklett, seeming to stare right through both its body and soul. It seemed to be more vulnerable to attacks, just in time for Archie to ram its head into the creature. That must have hurt! The girl seemed none too happy with the tag-team attack.

"How dare you gang up on my boyfriend's precious Pokemon!"

"I'm not your boyfriend," the boy interjected.

"Formantis! Get that Rockruff with Fury Cutter!"

sXIqNHS.png

Differing to the rest of the people around her, Jacklyn listened to the suggestions of the others, nodding her head as they did. As they were speaking, however, the group was stopped by a rogue Stufful. More specifically a Stufful crashing into Ivan. As the girl saw someone who seemed to be some kind of worker apologize to them, the girl merely said, "oh no, it's no problem at all." The man then told them what direction the pokemon center was in, before taking off for the Stufful, who had bolted off again. "Alright gang, let's get going!" 

As they made their way towards the building, the girl saw it labeled as a daycare, and with a wondrous expression said, "oooooh, I've never been to one of these before, but I've heard of them! They supposedly have a lot of pokemon they take care of, and raise some too, so let's go check it all out gang!" Before she started to get sidetracked by all the pokemon that seemed to be walking around, she said, "oh, but I guess we should get our pokemon checked out first. So let's go inside first!" With that, the girl walked her way into the building, gesturing for the others to follow. 

ZA2NV7M.png

"Use a grass move." Roman muttered towards Julie as the Formantis headed for Kanon's Rockruff.

"Oh, you're right, you're pretty smart I'm glad I chose you!" She then called out to her Pokemon. "Leafage instead!" The Formantis looked to be a bit confused by the sudden change in attack order and was open for a moment. But then it created a bunch of leaves to pelt the Rockruff.

The boy turned his attention back to his own Pokemon, who had been hit quite hard. "Ducklett, use Water Gun on the Mareep then try and keep Formantis between you and it." The Pokemon would fire a blast of water at Archie then move and attempt to continue moving so that the Mareep wouldn't be able to get a good line of site on it.

Meanwhile Naomi was resting atop of Princess and watching the battle play out. She heard Princess grunt part way through and the girl leaned forward to look into her Pokemon's face. "Wazzup?" She asked.

Princess glanced up at her but didn't respond. However Naomi saw a pink blur and then something smacking into Princess.

Blinking in confusion Naomi focused more and noticed a Hoppip floating nearby who was trying to assault Princess with quite ineffective attacks. Though calling it an "attack" seemed to be giving it too much credit. "Huh...does it wanna battle? Uh...Princess, Horn Attack?"

[spoiler=OOC]So feel free to get an attack on Formantis before it uses Leafage. Also yes, Roman is a cautious one. However the Ducklett has taken about a 1/3 of its health in damage.

Meanwhile Naomi has her own encounter going on...Also that is not in fact Tackle. The Hoppip is literally just ramming into Princess. Which would at best be a base 20 "basic attack". Because the Hoppip is an idiot.

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

As the tackle made contact, Oswald pumped his fist a little.  With the combo of Rockruff's Leer, and Archie's attack, it seemed to be quite the hefty hit.  Oswald looked to Kanon and smiled.  

"Nice trick!"  He said, almost surprised.  It was then that the opponents made their move.  Ducklett launched another Water Gun.  "If you've got anything else up your sleeve, now's the time!  Archie, move out of the way!"  Archie baa'd, as he leaped to the side, letting the water drizzle onto the ground.  Oswald was about to launch another assault, when the Ducklett made it's way towards the back lines, putting itself in between their opponents, and it's partner.  "Impressive!  These kids got some guts.  I could learn a thing or two from them."  This battle was proving to be more taxing than he had initially thought.  He looked to the boy across the way, and smiled.  He wouldn't let this boy's tactics get the best of him.  After all, one of these battlers was Jr. Interpol!  

The girl had caught on, with the help of her 'boyfriend, and was now beginning to use Grass-Type moves.  Rockruff would definitely be at a disadvantage.  But the Formantis' movement's were slow, due to a combination of the paralysis and it's trainers changing order. 

"Archie!  Now's your chance!  Tackle Formantis, now!  If Leafage comes, block it for Rockruff!"  Steam seeped from Archie's nose, as he baa'd again.  He made a mad dash to force his body into the Formantis.  Once he rebounded, he would pull the same stunt that kid had, this time in reverse.  Archie would use his body as a shield to guard against the oncoming leafage aimed for his partner.  "Archie, use Growl!"  Archie then Baa'd a baa that would shake the heavens, almost intimidating enough to make a Pokemon pull it's punches.  Oswald flashed Kanon a thumbs up.

"Archie's got you covered!  Get in there!"  

hxJ6EEI.png

"Use a grass move."

"Oh, you're right, you're pretty smart I'm glad I chose you! Leafage instead!"

"Archie! Now's your chance! Tackle Formantis, now! If Leafage comes, block it for Rockruff!"

The Mareep baa'd once again, charging toward and running into the Formantis, before growling at it as per Oswald's command. This was her chance. "Let's not waste the chance. Rockruff, Tackle that Formantis!" With an enthusiastic bark, the Rockruff charged into the fray, running straight at Formantis, before throwing its body at the other Pokemon once it was in range. Direct hit! The Formantis retaliated by swinging its leaves at Rockruff, but Archie was there, taking the hit just like Oswald told him to. Everyone was doing a great job so far, but Kanon wasn't sure how she felt about Archie taking every single hit.

"Don't let your Pokemon get too hurt," Kanon commented.

ZA2NV7M.png

"Why haven't they lost yet?" Julie exclaimed. "Formantis Leafage again!" The Grass type attempted to throw more leaves, this time directed at Archie, but their body froze up from the paralysis. "Oh no, what did they do to you?"

Roman, beside her, let out a sigh. "Ducklett, in the air and hit the Rockruff with a Water Gun!" The duck Pokemon flapped its wings and raised itself a bit above the ground in order to see over its ally Pokemon and let loose a stream of Water at Kanon's Rockruff. Striking the Rock type in the face with its attack.

Over in Naomi-land Princess reared its head and slammed its horn into the incoming Hoppip. The small Pokemon took the hit and their hovering became unstable and they crashed into the ground. It seemed that the single attack had very nearly taking out the Grass type in a single hit. "Whoa, you're super strong Princess." Naomi said as she patted the Pokemon's head.

Princess grunted, with a bit of pride, as they looked back at the wild Pokemon. The Hoppip was struggling to get back up and, once it did, tried once more to charge in at Princess.

"Oh...wait I know." Naomi said as she fumbled around her bag. Pushing aside the marshmallows she pulled out a Pokeball and aimed at the Hoppip.

[spoiler=OOC]Both the opponents are sitting around 60% health atm but Rockruff and Archie both have taken some hits as well.

And will Naomi catch the Hoppip? Find out in the stunning conclusion next post!

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

"Don't let your Pokemon get too hurt," He heard Kanon say. 

"Rockruff's gonna get way more hurt!  Archie can take it."  Archie whimpered, as it was hit by the leafage.  Oswald flinched, hearing a sound that he wasn't familiar with coming from his partner.  Even though the Fomantis wasn't as strong, due to the Mareep's ferocious growl, the attack was pretty strong.  However, Archie was still on his feet, eyes blazing with fight.  Oswald smiled, albeit a little nervously.  The girl issued an order to Fomantis to strike again, which Oswald wasn't ready for.  Luckily, the Fomantis stopped in it's tracks, static electricity visibly dancing around Fomantis' skin.  The Paralysis had taken affect!  Oswald smiled again, it was a perfect opportunity to get a hit in!  "Archie!  Get in there and Tackle Fomantis!" 

"Ducklett, in the air and hit the Rockruff with a Water Gun!"

Oswald had forgotten, but the Ducklett was able to become airborne in this fight!  Ducklett easily hit Rockruff in the face with a stream of water.  No doubt that hurt Rockruff.  The only good thing about this was that the Ducklett had left cover to get the attack in.  Now was the time to land an attack on it!  After Mareep's Tackle, it looked up, almost ready for Oswald's command. 

"Archie, use Thunder Wave again!"  Archie's fur started to fluff out, as electricity shot out in a ring from the wool, aimed in the air above Ducklett.  Then he turned to Kanon.  "We should focus on taking out one!  I vote Fomantis!"

hxJ6EEI.png

"Rockruff's gonna get way more hurt! Archie can take it."

That's called overexertion... or something. Point being you're an idiot.

Whatever it was Oswald had in mind by letting Archie take too much damage, it was working. The Formantis stopped in its tracks, unable to move all of a sudden. The Mareep ran and tackled the Formantis once again, only for the boy of the pair of opponents to issue his next order. Something Kanon had somehow overlooked.

"Ducklett, in the air and hit the Rockruff with a Water Gun!"

Ducklett was a bird. It had wings. It could do that. The Water Gun connected, causing a sharp whimpering sound to come from Rockruff as it shook its face wildly, trying to get as much water off its face as possible. That wasn't a sound Kanon wanted to hear again, partly because it was clearly a sound of pain, but also because it was way too high-pitched and irritating. She'd have to check Rockruff's face later to make sure it was alright.

"We should focus on taking out one! I vote Fomantis!"

"Agreed. Rockruff, Tackle that Formantis!" Rockruff suddenly seemed to be back into participating into the fight, as it let out an enthusiastic bark and charged the grass-type enemy once again, sending its body on a crash course with Formantis's own. That Formantis sure could take a beating.

ZA2NV7M.png

"Oh, dang it!" Roman called out as his Ducklett was paralyzed by Oswald's attack. "Should've taken that one out first..."

Julie meanwhile was panicking over Archie's Tackle on her Fomantis. "Fomatis, Fury Cutter, no, Leafage...no, Fury Cutter!" She called out. The poor Pokemon didn't seem to know what to do and thus Rockruff's Tackle also landed straight on. The Grass type was knocked to the ground as they were KOed by the attack.

The last opponent left, Roman let out a groan. "Do I really have to?" He muttered.

"Of course you do, avenge my honor as your girlfriend!"
"But..."

Roman's protest was cut short by Julie's aggressive throat clearing. He sighed. "Ducklett, Water Gun the Rockruff again." He said without much enthusiasm.

Off in Naomi-land the girl had tossed her Pokeball with surprising accuracy. She had learned how to throw things because it was easier to toss things into the garbage rather than getting up to throw it away. Thus as she hit the Hoppip the ball shook once, twice, thrice...click! With a single move Naomi had caught herself a Hoppip.

She let out a non-energetic, but decidedly happy, cheer as she got Princess to move her towards the ball, as well as asking Princess to pick it up for her.

Naomi sent out her new catch and the Pokemon eyed her with some suspicion. "Ello." Naomi said. "We're all gonna be buddies now...I should give ya a name." She closed her eyes and thought, thought, started falling asleep...The Hoppip booped her on the nose out of impatience and Naomi startled back away. "Your name will be Knight!" She cried out suddenly.

The Hoppip let out a chirping noise, seemingly satisfied with this name, and then floated in front of Princess.

PokePerspective

"Hey, you! You may have bested me this time but the next time we battle I shall triumph!" Knight proclaimed.

"...You do know we're on the same side right?" Princess responded with some trepidation.

"Egads you're right! Well then we shall be eternal rivals!"

"Things just keep getting noisier..."

[spoiler=OOC]The Fomantis is down, all that's left is the Ducklett and his less than enthusiastic trainer.

And Naomi has a new Pokemon!

Hoppip (Knight), level 3, Male, Chlorophyll. Brave Nature. Absorb, Splash.

And Princess has gained a level!

Also yes I figured I'd let the Pokemon talk among themselves a bit. Probably won't do it too often but every once in a while, usually at the end of a post.

"What's wrong? Superstar can't handle a small dainty town?"

Genny grit her teeth as Ivan spoke from behind her, tightening her grip on Etoile. The pup ended up yipping in pain, knocking its trainer out of her rage.

"Ah, uh... You would not expect me to shine here, would you?" She forced a smile, though Ivan was soon distracted.

"Anyways, we should hit up..." 

As the Stufful ran into Ivan, Genny let out half of a snicker, feeling that must be Karma. She barely paid attention to the man who followed soon after, back in her thoughts as she glanced at the town. Before she knew it, the group had ended up at what seemed to be the daycare, and Jacklyn had headed in.

"I guess we should follow along..." Genevieve muttered, the thoughts of breaking away from this duo resurfacing, squeezing her precious companion tighter.

OCO5E4E.png

"Not... quite what I was asking for." Ivan said as the man pointed them to the Daycare. He simply shrugged - it didn't really matter to him, as long as he could get his Pokemon healed. As they made their way towards the Daycare, Ivan noticed why the man had pointed them towards the Daycare; there wasn't a Pokemon Center in sight. 

Jacklyn, as always, darted right into the Daycare. Ivan almost entered the building when he suddenly turned to Genny. She had been really tense ever since they came here, almost tense. It had been bugging him slightly ever since they came into the town - he wondered what she thought of him. If seeing this town put her this tense... it was a good thing she didn't know about his past. "Hey, quit lookin' so tense already!" Ivan shook his head. "We'll be in and out of this stand asap, aight? Ya makin' me nervous too!" Taking a deep breath, he took out his comb and combed back his hair. His eyes shifted from Genny's to her Popplio's, which seemed to be locked in an iron grip. "Also, ya might wanna loosen up a bit." He said, turning around while pocketing the comb. "I don't think... uh... Etoile, appreciates you gripping 'er so hard." He scolded her, before making his way into the Daycare. 

hxJ6EEI.png

"Do I really have to?"

"Of course you do, avenge my honor as your girlfriend!"

"But..." The girl of the pair didn't seem to be taking any protest on the matter. "Ducklett, Water Gun the Rockruff again."

"Are you two even a couple?" Kanon couldn't help but ask. It was painfully obvious that they weren't, but it simply wasn't a question she could hold back any longer. No doubt the girl had plenty to say on the matter, which Kanon opted to ignore entirely, instead watching as her Rockruff just barely eluded the water gun aimed at it.

"Let's wrap this up before you get hurt again. Tackle that Ducklett, and put some backbone into it." The rocky canine nodded, then charged at the Ducklett once again. As the Rockruff charged, Kanon felt the inklings of a name for her relatively new catch come to mind. That might work.

sXIqNHS.png

With the group in agreement, they had made their way into the daycare building proper. The building itself was not all that big, and the inside wasn't anything too remarkable either. The floor was simple and wooden, with the only thing to adorn it being a small table with a few chairs around it overt op a carpet. On the opposite side of the door that the group had come in from, there was a large counter that blocked any entry to a door that was immediately behind it. Near the counter was also something that resembled what appeared to be the kind of machines one would see in a pokemon center, but it looked far smaller and more dated than the ones that would actually be there. Upon making her way in, though, Jacklyn simply looked around the room, still in awe of the room before saying, "oooh. Comfy." 

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

The Fomantis was now lying on the ground, unable to get itself back up.  This must've meant it was out for the count, and only Ducklett was able to fight.  

"Are you two even a couple?"

Oswald caught himself smiling at the comment.  That boy's composure gave off the vibe that he wasn't into the girl.  Maybe he was just shy about his true feelings.  He shook his head.  What was he thinking?!  These were children!  These two probably didn't even know what a proper relationship was.  

"We have to put this poor boy out of his misery."  He said, shaking his head with fingers placed against his temple.  Kanon instructed her Rockruff to Tackle the Ducklett, as Oswald clenched his fist.  This was the closer!  "Archie!  From the other side!  Let's make a duck sandwich!  Tackle!"  With another Baa, Archie moved his short legs as fast as they would carry his woolly body, attempting to smash the Ducklett from the opposite side as Rockruff.  "We'll show you proper teamwork!  Not something someone is forcing another to try and do!"  He said, eyeing the boy, who was still reluctantly ordering his Pokemon around. 

From the treeline, Oswald felt daggers piercing through the back of his head.  He shrugged the sensation to keep focus on the current battle.   

ZA2NV7M.png

"Are you two even a couple?"

"Yes! A-are YOU?" The girl retorted, despite Kanon and Oswald never having said anything to imply they were. She still thought she had one-upped the other girl and was looking on smugly as the fight continued.

The boy, meanwhile, had seemed to resign himself to his face. He muttered an apology to his Ducklett as the bird got hit by two Tackles at once, finally dropping its health down to zero and ending the match.

"What no way, how'd we lose?" The girl looked at the boy. "I thought you were good, why are we even dating then?"

"We're not dating!" Roman said.
"Well not with THAT attitude we aren't!"

As the squabble continued Naomi made her way towards the others in her group, holding her new catch in front of her. "Hey guys good...uh, fight'r whatever. This is Knight!" She held the Hoppip out towards the two, who made happy chirping noises in response.

As the group continued along the winding path, with the occasional encounter on the way, they made it close to the halfway point, where the marshy area highlighted by the giant, squid-like, statue in the middle, lay. It was beginning to get dark but if the group pressed on for a bit longer they would reach the edge of the marshy area, and would have to be careful not to get bogged down in the mucky ground.

sXIqNHS.png

"Look it's the Slowpokes." came the somewhat haughty voice of Chad. He, and his companions Fuyumi and Kenta, were on their way out when the trio had entered and looked around. "You just got here didn't you? Well looks like you're two steps behind us, which you should get used to, and I bet you haven't even gotten any stronger."

"No time to fight." Fuyumi muttered beside him.

"Yeah, you're right, lets leave these bozos in the dust. No point sticking around this place. Even that Professor was a waste of time. Come on guys, let's go."

As the trio headed out Kenta waved jovially at the group. "See you again!" He called to them.

At which Chad scolded him. "Don't be so friendly with the enemy, Kenta." He said with a sigh.

"Oh, right, sorry, it's a habit..." Kenta said, before giving the group an attempt at a glare, though, despite his size, it didn't really look all too intimidating.

From a back room a voice called out. "Thought you were leaving what's the ruckus?" And a man, looking almost identical to the one they had encountered at the entrance of the town, except wearing an apron, came out. "Oh, there's more. What're y'all here for then?"

[spoiler=OOC]NOK: So if you want to reach the marshy area in your next post you can. Remember it's not like...overtaking the area it's, relative to the entire route, a small spot. However there will be a thing if you get all the way to it so don't pass through it/enter it completely. Basically wrap up stuff with the battle and whatever else you wish to do on the way there and decide if you're stopping for the night before the marsh or after.

Also, Archie and Rockruff have gained a level from the fight. Rockruff has gained two. And you both get 220 Poke for the battle.

JIG: Hey it's the rivals again! If you want to interact a bit on their way out you can. Also daycare man.

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

"Yes! A-are YOU?" 

The question from the girl made Oswald look to his side to Kanon, only to have him raise and eyebrow.  His lip quivered, as he let out a laugh.  

"As if."  Oswald focused back onto the battle, which ended as soon as Rockruff and Archie made contact with the opposing Ducklett.  The sandwich strategy worked!  Archie baa'd triumphantly, as he hopped back over to Oswald.  Oswald met the little sheep with a hug.  "I knew you could do it buddy!"  Placing his partner back down, Oswald looked over to Kanon again, only this time with a thumbs up.  "You did great Kanon.  Rockruff's one tough cookie too!"  Behind him, he could here Naomi trotting up to the two of them.  He greeted her with a wave, and noticed the girl had a new Pokemon in her hands.  

"Hey guys good...uh, fight'r whatever. This is Knight!"

The small red pokemon was quite a nostalgic sight.  

"A Hoppip huh?  Those guys are really common in Johto.  When they're just floating in the air on a summer's day, they're as cute as all get."  Oswald smiled, and pat Knight on the head.  "Welcome to the team, little buddy.  I'm expecting a lot from you."  Seeing Naomi happy with her new catch, Oswald couldn't help but feel a little jealous.  Of course Archie was great, but to be a great Agent, he'd need a full team.  It was probably a good idea to start looking for a new addition to the roster.  He turned around and shrugged to himself.  Maybe he would stumble upon something soon.  

As the the three team members continued down the Route, Oswald couldn't shake the feeling that they were being followed by something with devious intent.  He kept looking over his shoulder, but only managed to catch some rustles in the trees above.  He looked to Archie, who looked a little uneasy.  He probably felt the same way.  The next time Oswald looked over his shoulder, he could see a blur heading right in his direction.  He managed to duck, only for the creature to land on the ground in front of him.  It was a bird Pokemon that he wasn't familiar with.  He took out his Pokedex to scan it, only for it to reply in a robotic monotone.  

"Starly, the Starling Pokemon.  They flock in great numbers.  Though small, they flap their wings with great power."

"Tough guy with loads of spirit huh?  Sounds like my kind of," Oswald was interrupted when the bird approached Archie at a rapid pace.  It was a blindingly fast strike, and the Starly collided with it's head against his partner's!  "We're gonna have to teach this thing some manners!  Archie, use Thunder Wave!!"  Archie cried, as it let off the attack, almost missing Starly as it tried to flutter to the side.  Static began to build up around Starly, as the Paralysis was beginning to come into play.  "Good!  Now Tackle!"  Archie responded, and rammed the little bird with all his might.  Is this what it meant to be a proper Pokemon trainer?  Oswald reached for his pocket to grab a pokeball, winding his arm, and letting loose.  The ball tapped the bird on the head, and bounced off, encapsulating the small Pokemon with red light, and trapping it inside.  

Oswald gulped, as the ball rocked back and forth.  Eventually, the Pokemon had given up, and the ball made a satisfying click.  Wiping his forehead, he went up to the ball and picked it up, placing it on his belt.  

"I think I'll name him...Icarus!"  He said, looking at the ball in his hand.  He let out his new capture, which unfurled its wings and chirped.  It seemed annoyed that it was captured.  "Hey now!  You've been watching ever since we won that battle.  I think you wanted someone strong to be your friend...or maybe you flew a little to close to the sun."  Oswald began to snicker.  He knelt down and put his hand to the ground.  "From this point on, I'm counting on you now, Icarus."  The bird tilted it's head, and tucked its wings back in.  It hopped into Oswald's hand, looking away, as if to not acknowledge what he said was true.  Archie began to hop up and down, baaing contently at his new 'brother'.  

A while after they kept trekking down the Route, and after two wild battles with Archie, and one with Icarus, they came upon the halfway point to the next town.  In the distance they could make out a large statue of a tentacled Pokemon.  That meant that they were approaching the Marsh quickly!  However, the sun was falling, and it would soon be night.  It wouldn't be the best ideas to trudge through the muck in that hour.  

"I think this will make for a good camping spot for the night.  Today has been pretty eventful, huh Kanon?"  

Archived