Pokemon: Mind and Soul [IC/PG-13/Not Accepting]

hxJ6EEI.png

"What no way, how'd we lose? I thought you were good, why are we even dating then?"

"We're not dating!"

"Well not with THAT attitude we aren't!"

"You did great Kanon. Rockruff's one tough cookie too!"

"Archie is also a good fighter," Kanon said, looking down at the Mareep and smiling. But only for a moment. Even if that sheep was a good boy and she wanted to just give him a hug for a job well done protecting her own Pokemon, there were still the "couple" squabbling and her own teammates to have to hear. Speaking of which, it wasn't long after the fight at all that Nomi had arrived, showing off a catch she'd made of her own.

"Hey guys good...uh, fight'r whatever. This is Knight!"

"Welcome to the team, Knight." Kanon had seen pictures of Hoppip before, but until just now, never got the chance to see one for real. She had to admit, she was a bit jealous of Oswald at the moment, since they were apparently so common in Johto. Oswald was from Johto, right? Had he ever mentioned where he was from?

iU8EggM.png

Throughout the rest of the day, Oswald had captured a Starly he promptly named Icarus, Oswald's Pokemon had gotten into some fights with wild Pokemon, and Kanon's own had done some fighting as well. By her count, Bubbles fought two wild Pokemon, and her Rockruff - who had since been given the name Lunar - fought one. However, night was falling, and the path ahead of the group was leading into marshlands, within which sat a statue of a tentacled Pokemon of some sort. It was a pretty big statue.

"I think this will make for a good camping spot for the night. Today has been pretty eventful, huh Kanon?" 

"Pretty eventful, yeah." As Kanon got started on setting up the camp, she kept glancing ahead, further down the route. Marshes, was it? No big deal. Kanon wasn't sure about her teammates, but she for one would be just fine. Oswald probably never even walked on sufficiently wet ground before, big city boy that he was, and Nomi... Kanon still wasn't entirely convinced that Nomi even knew what was happening half the time.

"Interesting statue over there," she commented. "We should go take a closer look before turning in. Assuming you're not afraid of a bit of adventure, anyway."

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ZA2NV7M.png

It seemed that Kanon and Oswald disagreed on what they should do next. Though Naomi didn't seem to have any questions as to what to do. When the two next saw her she'd be laying, spread-eagle, on the ground and snoring gently. With Princess laying down at her head and Knight sitting on her stomach, watching the two talk with his leaves spinning in circles.

-----

The next day was cloudier than the day before. A sort of gloom settled on the air as they continued on. Which caused Naomi, oddly enough, to be more alert. "This reminds me of home." She said as they walked through the marsh. She was on foot, Princess having a hard time traveling through the soggy ground, and Knight was floating around her head.

It was tricky to traverse the ground without one's foot sinking into it. There weren't any trainers that lingered in this place though there were wild Pokemon milling about. The area wasn't large, it would take less than half an hour to traverse, but, before they could, they'd come to the statue.

It was huge. And, as it seemed to be sinking into the ground at an angle, the thing was even larger than could be seen. The stone was old, worn out, and it was difficult to make out what it was. The closest thing that it could be compared to was a squid. The Inkay floating around it seemed to make that description more clear.

A man stood in front of it, staring up at the statue, as the group approached. He turned to face them once they got near.

Messy black hair, intense grey eyes, and an unusual choice of face-wear. He stared at the trio for several moments before speaking. "Why a squid?" His voice was somewhat muffled by the gas mask but, surprisingly, didn't sound hostile. It sounded more whimsical, flighty, and curious. "No, why NOT a squid. That's the real question. Why wouldn't it be a squid? There's no reason for it to be not. Without a reason then it might as well be true, right?" He turned fully to the group. "That's right. Why not. That's the answer to everything. You best remember that...whoever you are."

hxJ6EEI.png

It was a new day. Today was cloudier than before. If this was northern Hoenn, it would probably be raining. However, this wasn't northern Hoenn, and despite the gray skies above and the murky grounds below, the weather - while rather gloomy - was perfectly dry.

"This reminds me of home."

And Nomi was even walking on her own two feet. Needless to say, today was only just starting, yet had already turned out to be a weird day. Kanon was even agreeing with what she was saying. "Me too, though I'm more used to just wet ground and puddles than full-on marshes." Not that a marsh was any sort of problem for Kanon. Her boots kept her feet and legs dry due to their height. They sure were doing her favors today. If a marsh reminded Nomi of home, Kanon was sure she was also fine with such terrain. Which left...

Kanon turned her attention behind the girls of the team, toward Oswald. "Guess that leaves you as the odd one out, huh?" The thought that Oswald - who had been actually pretty reliable so far - might have trouble with something as simple as a marsh, amused Kanon, whether or not it was actually the case. Best of all, the group was closing in on that squid statue Kanon had caught sight of. The Inkay around the area confirmed to her that the statue was indeed a squid. However, once they got there, they were met with a distinctly non-squid figure.

With a gas mask?

"Why a squid? No, why NOT a squid. That's the real question. Why wouldn't it be a squid? There's no reason for it to be not. Without a reason then it might as well be true, right?"

...what?

"That's right. Why not. That's the answer to everything. You best remember that...whoever you are."

"Is that the answer to why you decided a gas mask was necessary, too?" Kanon couldn't help but ask. "Marshes have wet and soggy ground, not toxic air. You'd be better off with rubber boots like what I've got if marsh travel is your goal."

This day was only getting weirder.

Genny walked into the daycare, completely oblivious to Ivan as she tuned him out. He wasn't productive, and she needed nothing but positivity right then. When Etoile let out a small yelp once more, Genny loosened her grip somewhat, but walked into the building with a scowl. She even turned a cold shoulder to Kenta, despite his good natured antagonism that had brought her joy the day before. As she got more and more stuck in her head, an unfamiliar voice broke her out of it.

"Thought you were leaving what's the ruckus? Oh, there's more. What're y'all here for then?"

"Ah, we were here for... what was it again?" The performer asked, half-dazed, a nervous look in her eyes.

OCO5E4E.png

Entering the daycare, Ivan saw the place was pretty cozy. What wasn't so cozy was that the knobs that they had encountered earlier were there. Ivan glared at Chad, before shifting his gaze towards Fuyumi. She was rather quiet as always, not giving Ivan any sort of look. This slightly pissed him off - was she too good for him now? Her and especially Chad caused his blood to boil - he was already slightly irritated by then, especially since Genny had completely ignored anything that he had said. He angrily combed his hard with a grip that threatened to snap the comb in two. "New leaf. New leaf. New leaf." He angrily muttered to himself as the trio left the room. 

"Thought you were leaving what's the ruckus?" Suddenly, a voice came out of the back room. "Oh, there's more. What're y'all here for then?" Ivan took a very deep, heavy breath, trying to keep his composure.

"We're here because there ain't no Pokemon Center but this place." He said, his voice still with a slight tint of aggrivation. "Can you please heal up out Pokemon so we can be on our way? The quicker I can get back to making my lil' bud stronger the better."

sXIqNHS.png

As the group had run into the other group of Chad, Fuyumi and Kenta, the girl had a slight look of annoyance on her face. As Chad seemed to be talking down to them, again, as he and his crew left Jacklyn merely stuck her tongue out at them before saying, "hmph. Loser." The group was then greeted by yet another person, of who Jacklyn looked at with a sense of confusion. Looking at the man, then back to the door, then back to the man the girl said, "wait weren't you just-" however, she stopped as Ivan and Genny went to answer him, the girl nodded saying, "yeah! They're probably already a bit rested, but it never hurts to be sure." Thinking back to the group that had just walked back, Jacklyn said, "oh and, Mr. Daycare Man, is there a Pokemon Professor in town?"

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

"Interesting statue over there," Kanon commented. "We should go take a closer look before turning in. Assuming you're not afraid of a bit of adventure, anyway."

Oswald looked at the statue in the distance, and cleared his throat out.  

"Well, I want to make camp, and you want to keep going.  I guess the deciding vote iiiiiiiiiiis,"  Oswald turned to Naomi, who was promptly sleeping.  "I guess it's already been decided."  Oswald looked smugly towards Kanon.  "Adventuring time is tomorrow.  Sleep time is now."  He barked  with a rather authoritarian flare to his voice.  

The marsh  that they were now marching through continuously grabbed at Oswald's feet, dragging him down with it's muddy grasp.  Oswald struggled to even get his legs out to move.  It was getting to the point where he was now sweating.  Archie was in his ball, as to not get his wool all dirty with the muck...not too mention his tiny feet would surely get sunk into the marsh far worse than he was.  

"This reminds me of home."

"Me too, though I'm more used to just wet ground and puddles than full-on marshes."  Kanon turned her attention back towards him.   "Guess that leaves you as the odd one out, huh?"

Oswald looked at her, a bit disgruntled, but trying to mask his sweat and annoyance with a poker face.  

"Just.  Peachy."  He was going to ask the two girls where the were from, when they finally made it to the statue.  It looked like it was having a rough time in the marsh as well, due to it's lobbed alignment.  In front of the statue, was a strange character.  Oswald was on high alert immediately.  They didn't seem like any run of the mill trainer one would find lurking in the marsh.  

"Why a squid?  No, why NOT a squid. That's the real question. Why wouldn't it be a squid? There's no reason for it to be not. Without a reason then it might as well be true, right?" He turned fully to the group. "That's right. Why not. That's the answer to everything. You best remember that...whoever you are."

"Is that the answer to why you decided a gas mask was necessary, too?  Marshes have wet and soggy ground, not toxic air. You'd be better off with rubber boots like what I've got if marsh travel is your goal."

Oswald made sure to make his way to the front of the group, instinctively placing an arm out in front of Kanon.  Not even the marshy ground could prevent him from wanting to protect the other two. 

"Just who are you...and what are you doing here."  His tone was dreadfully serious...one he hadn't used since he got here.  However, this character...there were more attributes about him that tipped off his senses.  The way he talked...the way he dressed...it was all the evidence needed to come to the conclusion that this guy meant trouble.  At least...that's what all of his training as a Junior Interpol Agent taught him.    

ZA2NV7M.png

"Is that the answer to why you decided a gas mask was necessary, too?" Kanon couldn't help but ask. "Marshes have wet and soggy ground, not toxic air. You'd be better off with rubber boots like what I've got if marsh travel is your goal."

"Just who are you...and what are you doing here."

The man shook his head. "You did not learn the lesson yet it seems. Why do you think I would be here?"

"Why not?" Naomi answered, tilting her head at the strange man. Knight was oddly silent as he landed on her shoulder. He was staring at the man, quivering with nervousness. There was something very off about him that the Pokemon could sense.

"No no no, that's always the answer, and the answer that's always the answer is bound to be wrong sometimes. Otherwise there's no reason to ask questions." He looked at Kanon. Raising a hand and leaning down, more like flopping his upper body lower, he answered slowly. "Now you're a strange girl aren't you? Would not most people's first thought when seeing a mask such as mine be 'is there some kind of gas around here that makes it dangerous to breath'? Why, you could very well have already inhaled the gas due to all your questions. Instead of protecting your lungs from the dangers..."

A heavy silence fell for all of three seconds. "Good thing there is no such gas. Now, you." He swung his body to face Oswald instead, without fully answering Kanon's question. "I am Brady, a scientist. I am here...for science. Yes, much science to be had here." he pulled himself up and put a finger at the end of his gas mask, seemingly thinking. "Or is it science fiction...I always get those confused."

"He talks a lot doesn't he, Knight?" Naomi said to the Hoppip.

"Nicknames! Ah, you must be trainers then." Why that was the thing that gave him the conclusion was a mystery. "This would explain why you're here. You wish to catch or battle things, do you not? Well, go ahead, don't mind me, I shall be taking notes regarding the effect of such actions around this statue...Not that I have any reason to think that might do anything. Or rather, I do have a reason...you you know why?" He asked the group.

He didn't give much time for an answer before. "Why not! You're a bit slow aren't you?"

sXIqNHS.png

The man grunted and wiped his hands on the apron, though as it was covered in flour this didn't do much to clean them, and moved around the desk to the Healing Machine. "Well let me see those Pokeballs then." he said to them before placing them on the machine. "The Professor...those kids wanted to know too. I don't want to trouble her too much, that lady's had enough problems to last a lifetime." He eyed up Jacklyn. "What d'ya want to see her for?"

After the Pokemon were healed he handed them back to the group. "You haven't had them long, have you? You better be more careful with them if you want them to get any better. Especially you." He looked at Ivan. "Why you need to get strong anyway? You're not fixin to join Team Phoenix are ya?"

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

"You did not learn the lesson yet it seems. Why do you think I would be here?"

The answer wasn't a good one...it made his aura seem even stranger.  

"Lesson...what are you prattling on about?"  

"No no no, that's always the answer, and the answer that's always the answer is bound to be wrong sometimes. Otherwise there's no reason to ask questions." He looked at Kanon. Raising a hand and leaning down, more like flopping his upper body lower, he answered slowly. "Now you're a strange girl aren't you? Would not most people's first thought when seeing a mask such as mine be 'is there some kind of gas around here that makes it dangerous to breath'? Why, you could very well have already inhaled the gas due to all your questions. Instead of protecting your lungs from the dangers..."

Oswald had instinctively held his breath at the end of this man's sentence.  

"Good thing there is no such gas. Now, you."   Oswald let out a slight breath of relief.  He swung his body to face Oswald instead, without fully answering Kanon's question. "I am Brady, a scientist. I am here...for science. Yes, much science to be had here.  Or is it science fiction...I always get those confused."'

"He talks a lot doesn't he, Knight?"

"Nicknames! Ah, you must be trainers then." Why that was the thing that gave him the conclusion was a mystery. "This would explain why you're here. You wish to catch or battle things, do you not? Well, go ahead, don't mind me, I shall be taking notes regarding the effect of such actions around this statue...Not that I have any reason to think that might do anything. Or rather, I do have a reason...you you know why?"  Oswald raised an eyebrow, not willing to answer, when Brady interjected suddenly.  "Why not! You're a bit slow aren't you?"

"Yeah...well...try not to observe too close."  Oswald turned to Kanon and pointed a thumb at Brady.  "You sure you wanna hang around here with that...guy here.  I don't know why, but he gives me the heebie-jeebies."  Oswald shivered.  By the previous statement, it didn't seem that Brady was a trainer himself...but those types were strange as well.  "I think we should skip the statue."  

sXIqNHS.png

Jacklyn's curiosity for the professor deflated a bit, as the man at the daycare told them about their current situation. When the man seemed to be curious about her intentions, Jacklyn merely said, "oh, well I didn't have any particular reason to see her. I just thought it would be super cool to meet the professor of this region."

The man looked to her, before scolding, "well don't make a habit of bothering people for no reason." 

"Right, sorry." The girl's apology sounded more automatic then sincere. Though, she didn't actually feel all that motivated to go see the professor now regardless. As the man came back with their pokemon, all of them now fully rested and recovered, the girl cocked her head curiously at something he said. "What's a Team Phoenix?"

"Didn't they tell you anything when you came here? Team Phoenix is a buncha ruffians who've been stirring up trouble ever since the Champion went missing."

The girl looked to Ivan as he described them, absentmindedly saying, "I could see it." Turning back to the man, she then proudly proclaimed, "well, none of us are ruffians. We're all champs to be! They got a cool name though."

hxJ6EEI.png

"Just who are you...and what are you doing here."

"You did not learn the lesson yet it seems. Why do you think I would be here?"

"Why not?"

"No no no, that's always the answer, and the answer that's always the answer is bound to be wrong sometimes. Otherwise there's no reason to ask questions."

Are you serious right now? If it's wrong, it isn't the answer.

"Now you're a strange girl aren't you? Would not most people's first thought when seeing a mask such as mine be 'is there some kind of gas around here that makes it dangerous to breath'? Why, you could very well have already inhaled the gas due to all your questions. Instead of protecting your lungs from the dangers... Good thing there is no such gas. Now, you. I am Brady, a scientist. I am here...for science. Yes, much science to be had here. Or is it science fiction...I always get those confused."

Fiction isn't reality. And as if this guy wasn't already weird enough, Nomi addressing her Hoppip as Knight was all the prompt this guy - apparently his name was Brady - needed to guess that they were trainers. He wasn't wrong, but...

"You wish to catch or battle things, do you not? Well, go ahead, don't mind me, I shall be taking notes regarding the effect of such actions around this statue...Not that I have any reason to think that might do anything. Or rather, I do have a reason...you you know why?"

"...w--"

"Why not! You're a bit slow aren't you?"

"Yeah...well...try not to observe too close. You sure you wanna hang around here with that...guy here. I don't know why, but he gives me the heebie-jeebies."

"I don't like him either," Kanon agreed, low enough to make sure Brady wouldn't hear. "More than I don't like most people, which is saying something. He probably belongs in the mental home." Brady really rubbed this girl the wrong way. She knew checking out the statue last night was a better idea than doing it today. She was regretting not checking it out on her own.

"I think we should skip the statue." 

"Let's look at the statue and just ignore the creep. He even said not to mind him, so let's just pretend he doesn't exist." And with that, Kanon made for the statue itself, turning toward her two traveling partners. "If you're not chicken, of course."

ZA2NV7M.png

As the others talked to each other about Brady, Naomi was wandering past him towards the statue. Or rather the Inkay that were gathered around the statue.

No matter what the others decided to do Brady would be watching them. He wouldn't stay silent, though. Everything they did he would make an observation. Though he seemed mostly to be muttering to himself. As Naomi knelt down to watch some Inkay play his response was "Odd, she seems to have a rapport with them. Is she, too, a squid? No, squids don't exist....wait, that's not proven yet. That was just my theory, theories aren't real..." He'd speak up then, asking no one in particular. "Are theories real?" Before going back to muttering.

As they looked at the statue they'd notice that the ground around it seemed even softer than the rest. The statue was at an angle, due to having sunk into the ground over years, and there were markings all around it. It looked to be some sort of alphabet but none that any of the group had seen before. There were pictures as well. Symbols of moons, and crowns, and people in prayer.

If they lingered there they would start developing slight headaches. Naomi, herself, would scrunch her face at the pain. "I dun like this place."

Brady was there a moment later, leaning in towards them all. "You feel something, don't you?" He asked, sounding more sharp than before. His eyes darted between then rapidly as he did.

OCO5E4E.png

Jacklyn seemed to be interested in some professor that apparently lived in this town, as she asked about it while the old man healed their Pokemon. His response didn't seem all that helpful for the girl, not that he cared about some old professor. 

After the Pokemon were healed, the old man returned their Pokemon to them. Ivan almost immediately called upon Po, who was in perfect condition.  "You haven't had them long, have you? You better be more careful with them if you want them to get any better." The old man was going on about being careful, which Ivan ignored. Or at least he did until he was staring right into Ivan's eyes. "Especially you." He gave the old man a scowl, knowing exactly where he was going with this.

"Why you need to get strong anyway? You're not fixin to join Team Phoenix are ya?" Ivan was honestly surprised no one else had made the connection. He didn't even need to hear the old man explain what Team Phoenix was - he already knew. 

"What's a Team Phoenix?" Ivan turned to Jacklyn, ready to hear the explanation from the old man. Just as he had expected, it was a group of ruffians that stirred up trouble. Almost exactly what he would hear someone on the street explain Team Skull as. The girl turned to Ivan. "I could see it." 

"What's that suppose to mean!?" Ivan shouted, to both Jacklyn and the old man. He took a deep breath, trying to calm down after the sudden outburst. This time, he didn't do as well of a job, gritting his teeth and tightly clenching his fists as he felt a surge of emotions overcome him. "Listen 'ere, bub. I didn't leave Team Skull and come all the way here to some sheet​ty island to join some shitty team, aight!? If i were still in that market, I would of never left home!" He barked at the man, now getting a bit too close. Realizing what he was doing, he stepped back. "I don't need to hear this cra​p..." He grumbled, storming out of the room. He wasn't even sure why this had upset him so much - after all, he had gotten the same type of judgement from people before. He didn't care, all he knew was that he needed some fresh air.

Po, who was still in the room, shook his head and sighed, a sad look on his face. He'd follow his trainer out of the building, but he wasn't able to open the doors himself.

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

"Let's look at the statue and just ignore the creep. He even said not to mind him, so let's just pretend he doesn't exist.  If you're not chicken, of course."

Oswald placed his hand on his forehead, and shook it side to side.

"What is this insistence of calling my courage into question?"  He placed his hands on his hips and walked up to the statue that sunk into the mush.  "I'll have you know I have courage in spades!  That's what my mom told me anyways."  He huffed, as his head tilted to get an even look at the statue.  The statue was covered in symbols he had never read, with some depicting times of day and royalty.  It was such a peculiar sight for a place that seemed relatively uninhabited.  Thinking about these things was starting to give him a headache, for some odd reason.  Behind him, he could see Naomi making a funny face that obviously signaled pain as well.  

"I dun like this place."

He looked to the statue, then back to Naomi, and then focused again on the pain in his head.  

"Yeah.  It's giving me the creeps more than Dr. Lameman over there.  Maybe he's been standing around this thing for years."  Oswald gave a slight chuckle, but the mild discomfort was showing as beads of sweat on his head.  He looked to Kanon, and raised an eyebrow.  "Well...got a good enough look yet, chicken girl?" 

hxJ6EEI.png

"What is this insistence of calling my courage into question? I'll have you know I have courage in spades!  That's what my mom told me anyways."

"Mine liked to talk about how well I got along with Pokemon," Kanon called out in response, from the other side of the statue. She'd been circling around it, observing it. And once she was back at Oswald's side, with a look of disappointment on her face, he could hear her muttering "Stupid statue's too smooth to climb up." She wanted to get up on top of that statue, and it was bothering her. Enough to give her a headache, at that.

"I dun like this place."

"Yeah.  It's giving me the creeps more than Dr. Lameman over there. Maybe he's been standing around this thing for years. Well...got a good enough look yet, chicken girl?"

Kanon glared at the statue, as if it was mocking her. Then, she ran forward, jumping up and grabbing at one of the notches on the statue. She began going up, up... and promptly back down. Her boots were still wet from traveling across the marsh, causing them to slip at an inopportune time, which in turn caused Kanon to slip and fall, descending a dozen or so feet before splashing into the wet marsh grounds. At least the ground was soft, but not soft enough to make it not hurt at all.

"...let's just go," she groaned from her position on the ground. "That creep over there's giving me a headache anyway." Slowly, very slowly, Kanon worked on getting back up to her feet. Ow, owowowow. At least the ground's soft here. As a result of landing in the wet marsh ground beneath her though, Kanon's hair and the clothes beneath her raincoat were wet. One could tell by the much more sour expression on her face that she was none too happy about it.

ZA2NV7M.png

"I dunno'f she meant to do that." Naomi said in what she thought was an aside to Oswald but would have been loud enough for Kanon to hear anyway. She made her way over to the other girl as she was getting up. "There's better places to sleep ya know, y'can borrow Princess ifya needta." Of course this meant Naomi would have to go without traveling on foot after this marsh but sacrifices must be made.

In the background Brady watched the trio with his head tilted to the side. He scratched at his face. Or rather he scratched at the gas mask that covered his face. "There's something about those three. Adding new elements to an experiments always has such...unusual results. I wonder..." He called out to the trio. "What kind of effects do you have? Wait, wrong question, what changes are you going to wrought in the world?" He paused. "But would you know...no, likely not. Who can know what they'll do to the world until they've done it...Can I? Yes, wait, that's right. I know so maybe they know."

[spoiler=OOC]Feel free to leave the area after responding if you want. The route on the other side of the statue is the same as the beginning of the route. Go ahead and continue on up until the next city if you want.

sXIqNHS.png

"Champs to be, huh." The man muttered as he watched Ivan run off. "Wonder what his deal is." He glanced down at Jacklyn with some skepticism. "I suppose you're part of that group of kids come here to become our new champion. You've got some big shoes to fill you know. Maybe it'll be good for this place...You might want to go after your friend though."

He glanced at Genny. "You, I need to feed the Pokemon and that brother of mine hasn't come back, you're gonna help me."

[spoiler=OOC]So, Black, whenever you want to post again you can skip over the feeding Pokemon thing if you want it's just to give a way to let the others advance without ignoring Genny.

sXIqNHS.png

After Jacklyn's comment, she was suddenly taken aback and surprised at Ivan's outburst. Looking back and forth between the man and Ivan, unsure of what to do, she could only stand there as Ivan stormed out of the room. As the man commented about who he figured they were, Jacklyn just nodded saying, "yeah, we got here yesterday. And those shoes will be ours in no time! Just watch." The girl declared confidently before her turning her attention back to the door, seeing Po trying to get out. As the man told her to leave, she said, "yeah. Come on buddy," the girl said to Po as she opened the door up for him. 

Moving outside, she called out, "Ivan!" Walking over to him she said, "I'd ask if you're alright but uh-" she didn't finish, though her expression showed a mix of concern and some confusion. "I'm not really sure what you were just shouting about but um....sorry?" The girl felt like she had stepped on some kind of landmine, but wasn't really sure what said landmine was. 

OCO5E4E.png

Ivan stepped outside in a huff, shaking his head. He wasn't even sure what had ticked him off; it wasn't like he wasn't used to being type casted as a thug - he was one, after all, Still, he had hoped things would be different here...

"You moron..." Ivan said to himself, gritting his teeth. He doubt the other would want to keep going on with him, which he guessed was a positive. He had planned on ditching them anyways, at least now it wouldn't be out of nowhere. Still, it didn't feel right.

"Ivan!" A voice broke his train of thought. Ivan turned to Jacklyn, who looked both confused and concerned. He grimaced slightly; he had shouted at her in there in his fit of rage. "I'd ask if you're alright but uh-"

"I'm not really sure what you were just shouting about but um....sorry?"

He sighed. "No, no, I should be the one apologizing..." He shook his head, turning around. "I shouldn't of gone off like that in there... My bad." He turned back, seeing Po who was following Jacklyn closely. The small panda Pokemon ran up to Ivan, more concerned than upset at his trainer. "Once Genny gets out, we should get going." He said, turning away from the girl and the Daycare.

sXIqNHS.png

Jacklyn was slightly surprised by Ivan having already calmed down, but just nodded and said, "oh. No problem then. And make sure you apologize to the daycare man too. And Po too, he was worried as well." The girl nodded, now just standing there as she looked to the daycare, awaiting their other team member. A look of realization eventually crossed her face, as she turned back to the boy. "Oh yeah, Ivan," her expression became a bit more defiant and her voice stern. "You're darn right you aren't joining any shitty team on this island. After all, you're part of my team. And that's where you'll stay for the rest of this journey!" Smiling as she made her declaration, the girl nodded to herself. With that, she waited with her team member for Genny's part time employment to be finished. 

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

"Stupid statue's too smooth to climb up."

This girl was a lot more childish than he had initially realized.  It was even more apparent when Kanon tried to hike up the statue that she acknowledged was way too smooth to climb, prompting her to fall into the marsh.  Oswald would've stopped her, but he was rather curious if she was a good climber in all that rain gear.  Kanon picked herself out of the marsh, and the trio would start off again.  However, before they could leave the statue area entirely, Brady shouted something behind them.  

"What kind of effects do you have? Wait, wrong question, what changes are you going to wrought in the world?"

Oswald had an easy response.  

"A good one!"  He shouted back towards the weird stranger.  He then huddled both girls in close.  "If he follows us, I'll deck him, and you guys take off.  Got it?"  After that, they finally left the ominous statue's area.  

During their continual trek through Route 102, Oswald encountered another Young Trainer, who referred to himself as Ralphy.  Confident in his abilities, Oswald took the challenge and battled the Youngster.  

"I'm gonna whip you into the ground!"  He proclaimed, before sending out a Bidoof.  Oswald sent out Archie, who tackled the Bidoof hard.  Ralph instructed his partner to Tail Whip, as Archie continued another onslaught of tackles.  Ralph kept insisting that Tail Whip was going to do something eventually, but Bidoof was knocked out before it amounted to anything.  Oswald instructed that Tail Whip wasn't an offensive move, rather that it only lowered Archie's defense.  Ralph nodded, and sent out another Bidoof, who tackled Archie with devastating effect.  Taken aback, Oswald switched out his partner rather quickly, and sent out Icarus.  Icarus flew circles around the second Bidoof, and was able to make short work of it.  Another Bidoof was sent out, and with a mixture of Tail Whips and Tackles, Icarus took hefty damage, but returned with tackle's and growls of it's own.  Eventually, Icarus was able to claim victory, chirping furiously into the air.  Oswald wiped his brow...the battle was actually intense for a moment.  The balance he had to have with lowering Bidoof's attack, and making sure to attack was exhilarating.  It was scary to think that trainers so young could be such scary opponents.  

Without much other trouble, it looked like they were about to reach the next town.  Oswald made sure to wipe down Icarus and Archie with a Towel after exiting the Marsh.  They had gotten completely filthy during that Bidoof Brawl!  

hxJ6EEI.png

"What kind of effects do you have? Wait, wrong question, what changes are you going to wrought in the world?"

"A good one!"

Is thinking that far ahead good for people? Let alone on the scale these two are talking about?

"If he follows us, I'll deck him, and you guys take off.  Got it?"

"Sounds like a plan." Fortunately(?), it was a plan that didn't have to be acted out. The team left the statue's general area, without any further interference from Brady. Good riddance. As the team continued throughout the marsh, there wasn't all that much trouble, though Kanon seemed visibly bothered by something, judging by her uncomfortable body language.

iU8EggM.png

Despite that, however, the rest of the trek through Route 102 went without any incident. Oswald had been challenged by a trainer with a pair of Bidoofs, but it wasn't anything beyond Oswald's ability to handle. When the three got through the marsh, however, Kanon stopped. She glanced around, looking for the nearest tree or bush, before heading for a fairly large bush that wasn't too far from the group, "Hang on for a bit; my clothes are wet from when I fell earlier." With that, she removed the boots from her feet, tossing them down on their side and causing a small amount of water that had gotten in from her fall earlier to run out and onto the grass. From their view on the other side of the bush, Nomi and Oswald would be able to see that Kanon was putting a few items into her backpack, before emerging from her spot on the other side, looking otherwise exactly the same as she had before going off. She picked her boots back up, slipped her legs back into them, then went back to Nomi and Oswald.

"That's been bothering me for a while. Let's check out that town now. Hopefully they've got somewhere I can dry those clothes off." With that, Kanon started onward down the route, bound for her destination.

The gruff old man forcing Genny to help feed the pokemon was... unethical, to say the least, but it gave her some time to clear her head. She should know better than to lose her cool in an environment she wasn't comfortable with! What kind of performer breaks under that slight pressure? With Etoile safely tucked back inside of her ball for a nap, Genny walked out of the building, surprised to find her companions waiting on her.

"Oh? I figured you two would go on ahead..." Genny asked with an upbeat tone, but accompanied by a sheepish look on her face, "I missed most of that discussion, but monsieur filled me in as we worked... Should we, ah, get going? The professor must be a busy woman!"

ZA2NV7M.png

Naomi, unsurprisingly, rode on Princess for the rest of the trip after leaving the marshy area around the statue. Brady had watched them leave without saying anything else but the group could all feel his eyes boring into the back of their heads as they left.

The girl had trained her team up ever so slightly against wild trainers. Or, rather, she ventured of into tall grass while the other's eyes weren't on her and Princess and Knight had to work together to fend off some rather persistent Patrat. Knight had finally started using Absorb after almost getting KOed by one such Patrat and Princess didn't seem to have any trouble fending them off. Their attacks having bounced off her body whenever they charged.

Later on, while Oswald wiped down his Pokemon, Kanon had gone off into the bushes complaining about some sort of discomfort. When she returned Naomi poked her head up above Princess's. "Why d'ya wear that stuff if it doesn't stop ya from gettin wet?" She asked. It seems like it couldn't be comfortable wearing something like that all the time.

Naomi thought as she lay comfortably atop of a Rock type Pokemon.

Whatever Kanon's answer, the group would soon be off for the next city.

Upon entering the city the first thing they'd notice was the smell. The entire city smelt strongly of fish. Many of the people who lived there didn't even seem to notice the smell but it was clear who were the travelers as they tended to be covering their noses in some way.

However none of them commented. This was likely, as the group would notice next, due to the tremendous friendliness of the people of the city. As they entered multiple people would ask them how they were doing, if there was anything they needed, and giving out compliments as they passed by. "My that's a lovely raincoat miss." "You look like such a good lad." "I wish my children were as calm as you."

Signs marked the city as Islesbury, a harbor town and the only way to safely travel from this island to the mainland of Korova. Even more signs told of a daily Fishing Competition that was held on the other side of the town, run by the harbormaster. The signs said details could be found down by the harbor for anyone wishing to participate. Though they would need to find a fishing rod somehow first.

Various fisherman could be found around the city. Including several who seemed ready to battle any trainer who came across them. Though they, like the rest of the town, seemed to be of the welcoming sort and would even offer to heal after each battle.

[spoiler=Islesbury]Description:  A safe harbor for ships traveling near the Korova Region, due to the storms that sometimes pop up around the outer edges, which has a natural port for ships to dock. Also the one place to find a boat to the mainland. Known mainly for its fishy smell but pleasant people. As well as the fishing competition.

Harbor. The city is at the edge of a cliff and the harbor is an area under the cliff where ships can go. Which has a dock with stairs leading up to the main city. Also where the fishing competition is held. The dock is wide enough for Pokemon battles and stretches around the eastern side of the city.

Trainers: Various Fishermen. (Feel free to battle a few of them to get an extra level or two)

Encounters: Fishing. Magikarp, 75%. Goldeen, 20%. Remoraid, 4%. Feebass, 1% (Note, requires a fishing rod)

hxJ6EEI.png

"Why d'ya wear that stuff if it doesn't stop ya from gettin wet?"

"It does, just not..." Not when it's partly submerged itself. It was like the difference between holding a cup upside-down under the faucet, or laying it down sideways in the sink water. Kanon couldn't help but feel like the explanation would go over Nomi's head. "Nevermind," she sighed. As the group continued onward to the next town, the raincoat-clad girl continued "Anyway, most people have stuff like this where I'm from. Since we have to stay active in Fortree City, what with all the trees and bridges and stuff, but it's raining more often than not. I bet you wouldn't even last a week there."

In any case, the group continued on toward the next city. A city that, as Kanon got closer, smelled pretty bad. When she got to the city itself, the cause was clear. The entire place reeked of fish. Unpleasantly so, especially considering the stench of fish was never a pleasant one to begin with. However, the people here seemed friendly. Probably to try and make up for the town's awful smell. They greeted the group, asked how they were doing, if there was anything they needed, and even gave them compliments.

"My that's a lovely raincoat miss."

"Oh, er... thanks." That was probably the first time anyone outside of her native Fortree had ever complimented Kanon's choice in attire. Prior to this point, most of what she got was either comments from fellow Hoenn residents when she was leaving the region that she must have been from Fortree, questions about why she dressed this way when it wasn't even raining, and one guy that suggested she buy a longer raincoat to cover that small gap between her coat and boots. Never something like this before, and it had caught her a bit off-guard. Maybe because of how sincere the compliment felt, she wound up continuing without even thinking about it, "There was this black one I wanted back home with little Houndours on it, but they didn't have any in my size. That's part of growing up I guess; you can't find cute raincoats in your size once you get past like twelve years old."

It was then that something important struck her mind. She'd almost forgotten about it when she was hit with that compliment out of left field! "By the way, this town wouldn't happen to have a laundromat or something where I can dry off some other clothes of mine, would it?"

"Oh of course!" Kanon was then given rather simple directions to the nearest laundromat. As it turned out, the place wasn't all that far from where Kanon was already standing! Perhaps for people who'd gotten wet in the marsh?

"I'm going to go bring my clothes over there," she stated to Oswald and Nomi, pointing and walking in the general direction of the laundromat she'd been told about. "Shouldn't be long. Try not to wander off too far in the short time it takes." That last statement seemed to be directed at Nomi in particular.

sXIqNHS.png

With Genny rejoining the group, Jacklyn waved to the girl saying, "And let you miss a moment of the journey! As if! So was it fun working with all of those pokemon?" As Genny mentioned seeing the professor, the girl thought about it for a moment. While the man had told her not to just bother random people, Jacklyn was curious what to see a pokemon professor was like. And besides, if they were down, then it was obviously up to her and her team to help brighten their day up. Pumping her fist into the air she said, "let's go!" With that the trio made their way over to the professor's house. It wasn't all that impressive to look at, but Jacklyn wasn't much one to judge by an appearance and so she merely knocked on the door. 

Archived