Kid Gambino

rTnPRGL.png

[spoiler=Lore]Vylon Warship

Continuous Spell Card

When your opponent activates a Spell Card: You can add 1 "Vylon" Equip Spell Card from Deck to your hand. During either player's turn: You can banish 2 "Vylon" cards from your GY to Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Machine/LIGHT/Level 8/ATK 3000/DEF 2800). (This card is also still a Spell Card.) During the End Phase of the turn this card is Special Summoned: Place it in your Spell & Trap Card Zone or send it to the GY. When this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the GY: You can add 2 "Vylon" cards from your GY to your hand, except "Vylon Warship". You can only activate each effect of "Vylon Warship" once per turn.

[spoiler=Notes]Vylon Warship is meant to bring some more power to the Vylons without depending too much on having to Synchro Summon their boss monsters to inflict some damage or defend your Life Points. Searchable by various Vylon cards, this card's first effect makes running anti-Trap cards like Royal Decree even more viable, since they'll be incapable of using Traps and any Spells they activate will benefit you. Second effect allows this card to become a temporary 3000-ATK Spell Monster at the cost of banishing 2 Vylon cards from your GY, which is definitely a cost considering this card's third effect and the Vylon archetype's ability to bring their cards back from the GY. Lastly, the third effect allows you to continue the Vylon tradition of replacing one card with another when they are destroyed, except this card nets you 2 from the GY when destroyed by a card effect. I thought the Vylon could use a pretty powerful card such as this one and hopefully it touches a lot of bases that they need to become a much stronger archetype. Any and all constructive criticism is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!

Props for the creative effect, but somehow the card feels it out of place in Vylons. First, flavor-wise Vylons fight for peace, so why would they have a warship in the first place? This is nor a major issue however, and can be solved with a simple name change. But, then there is the self-Summon effect, which feels vulnerable to misuse if you focus on milling Vylon cards and Summoning this. Thankfully it has a hard OPT otherwise you would be able to Summon multiples and push for an OTK. Overall, it's an ok card, but doesn't really go with Vylon's theme and playstyle. Perhaps it would help if it had a lower Level, allowing you to use it as material for the Synchro Summon of a Vylon.

Props for the creative effect, but somehow the card feels it out of place in Vylons. First, flavor-wise Vylons fight for peace, so why would they have a warship in the first place? This is nor a major issue however, and can be solved with a simple name change. But, then there is the self-Summon effect, which feels vulnerable to misuse if you focus on milling Vylon cards and Summoning this. Thankfully it has a hard OPT otherwise you would be able to Summon multiples and push for an OTK. Overall, it's an ok card, but doesn't really go with Vylon's theme and playstyle. Perhaps it would help if it had a lower Level, allowing you to use it as material for the Synchro Summon of a Vylon.

I don't understand what you mean about them not having a warship. Vylons are literally weapons created to fight a war against the Iswarm, so how is a warship, which is meant to house soldiers and is also a weapon itself, out of place or not within flavor? The self-summon effect is a reasonable concern, I'll probably nerf it to only being Vylon spells. Also, though I thought I explained it pretty well in the notes, I'll reiterate the purpose of this card being a replacement, Main Deck boss for Vylons. Since a lot of Vylons are capable of replenishing your resources after being sent to the GY, I felt this card summoning itself by banishing Vylon cards from the GY was a good condition. Lastly, while this card isn't an Equip Spell itself, it's capable of grabbing Vylon Equip Spells from your Deck and GY, which fits completely with the playstyle of the deck. I appreciate the critique, I'm just not sure if you understand this card's capabilities fully.

I don't understand what you mean about them not having a warship. Vylons are literally weapons created to fight a war against the Iswarm, so how is a warship, which is meant to house soldiers and is also a weapon itself, out of place or not within flavor? The self-summon effect is a reasonable concern, I'll probably nerf it to only being Vylon spells. Also, though I thought I explained it pretty well in the notes, I'll reiterate the purpose of this card being a replacement, Main Deck boss for Vylons. Since a lot of Vylons are capable of replenishing your resources after being sent to the GY, I felt this card summoning itself by banishing Vylon cards from the GY was a good condition. Lastly, while this card isn't an Equip Spell itself, it's capable of grabbing Vylon Equip Spells from your Deck and GY, which fits completely with the playstyle of the deck. I appreciate the critique, I'm just not sure if you understand this card's capabilities fully.

I understand I'm getting picky here but I meant that Vylons having a warship implies they are a war-seeking race/archetype, when that's exactly not their case, bur rather are more like defenders that take action when certain threats arise. So, IMO, let's say a Fortress would be more fitting than a Warship in this sense.

And don't get me wrong: I get what this card does for the archetype with the searching, the extra power and all, I just said that it doesn't feel like going along the swarming and Synchro playstyle and theme of Vylons (e.g. you cannot Synchro Summon with it, and any Equip you equip to it will be destroyed once it goes back to the S/T Zone, although to be fair that will trigger the floating of the Equips, so that could be an acceptable play), but that's not a bad thing, and you intended for the card to be like that anyway. I mean, you could give this card to pretty much any other archetype and it would feel the same way, due to its uniqueness. Well, perhaps it would fit in Lightsworns, whose milling playstyle would go along its self-summoning effect, but I digress.

Archived