[FLOD] Fleeting Infinity

DSNGciVVoAAOe-q.jpg

Fleeting Infinity

Normal Trap Card

If you control no cards, you can activate this card from your hand.

(1) Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that monster’s effects are negated until the end of that turn. If this Set Card is activated, also, during that turn, the effects of other Spell & Trap Cards in the same column as this card are negated.

So another Hand Trap, Trap where it negates effects of a monster and Spell/Traps if active from being set though it has to be in the same column as the targeted monster.

Still neat that Konami is thinking of trying to give us more Hand Trap, Traps.

I find funny how Traps became so slow that they are evolving into actual "hand Traps". I wish the game took steps back from hand trap formats but it looks like it's actually moving forward.

Anyway, first effect reminded me of Veiler, except that this gets to be usable in either player's turn as long as you control no other cards of course. The Set effect is more of a bonus to me, but a good one if your opponent happens to activate its Spell/Trap in the same column. I guess it will add a layer of importance and complexity to card positioning.

I find funny how Traps became so slow that they are evolving into actual "hand Traps". I wish the game took steps back from hand trap formats but it looks like it's actually moving forward.

Anyway, first effect reminded me of Veiler, except that this gets to be usable in either player's turn as long as you control no other cards of course. The Set effect is more of a bonus to me, but a good one if your opponent happens to activate its Spell/Trap in the same column. I guess it will add a layer of important and complexity to card positioning.

Wouldn't this be a good direction for hand traps though as 1. their actual traps instead of monsters with quick effects for discarding themselves and 2. hand traps like these often have a set condition for being able to be activated from the hand. Finally 3. if konami evolved hand traps to be like and continued with it further, this it might integrate itself as a interesting segment of the game where you can throw a hand trap like this out when meeting the conditions for it to throw your opponent off.

Still for this card the hand trap requirement for controlling no cards seems to make this feel like you more so want to set it rather than use it as a hand trap as for just negating effects while having nothing on the field and this doesn't destroying/preventing the monster from attacking doesn't seem to do much for you. In addition to that if you do play it from being set it adds a bit more in to it as it will also nullify spells/traps that are in the same column as it and that part is permanent (doesn't appear to state their negated until the end of turn as well) in comparison to the monster effect negation which is only for the turn.

IDK, personally I would prefer for the meta to go back when Setting stuff like Normal Traps was still viable. Nowadays the only Traps you see around are the Solemns, the sporadic Mirror Force Trap, and of course Evenly Matched and Paleozoics, but those 2 are due to their unique effects. Got me wondering if Konami should make a new Type for these kind of Traps, like Quick-Play Traps or anything to distinguish them from the standard Normal Traps.

it's just effect veiler 2017

sure, it has an additional effect and fucks over magical musketeer (lol), but it's just a veiler equivalent in 2017

i guess it's closer to breakthrough skill you can use from the hand, but it's comparable to veiler T1 (lack of BP means they're the same), with the utility of helping you break boards going second, and after that it's just going to be a worse breakthrough.

This probably means it ends up being the best option of the bunch, especially considering how little those cards see play, not including Lost Wind in Paleo or w/e, but I don't think this is really some groundbreaking card to be upset about being a handtrap.

It encourages better placement, I guess?

I mean, the fact that this is a veiler that works outside the main phase, and stuff like paleos can work decently with the "no board" restriction, since they restore your lack of field presence.

The additional effect when it's properly set is pretty powerful, but is everything but reliable. Maybe it could be used against pendulum decks that are still using luster for some reason, but even then the counterplay is stupid easy (just use the other pendulum zone), and this card is telegraphed to hell and back.

There are probably trap synergies beyond paleos, but they aren't coming to mind yet.

I kinda 2nd to Darj here on can Traps will be just Traps? Powerful counters or booster in a pinch that you require to set for a turn to be used seems fair and putting the Thrill on the game overall.

But at the same time we all agree that format speed overall cannot be caught up by most traps we have. So the resulting evolution is understandable...and one could argue this elevate my aforemention thrill factor higher (well there a risk some will regard the in game experience as BS pulling...maybe?)

in correlation of the card itself. I think konami actually realize the both above point by keeping it as regular trap having much more powerful effect as set and as the lesser yet still decent hand trap-able effect. I can appreciate that. Maybe in a future what konami did to repopularize actual Traps like this again is either makin a stronger variant or by heaven will's unban Makurya the Destructor

I mean, the fact that this is a veiler that works outside the main phase, and stuff like paleos can work decently with the "no board" restriction, since they restore your lack of field presence.

The additional effect when it's properly set is pretty powerful, but is everything but reliable. Maybe it could be used against pendulum decks that are still using luster for some reason, but even then the counterplay is stupid easy (just use the other pendulum zone), and this card is telegraphed to hell and back.

There are probably trap synergies beyond paleos, but they aren't coming to mind yet.

The first part is why I love the card. Especially since it can shut down opposing spells and traps in a column if set.

The set part actually brings me to another point, if they are gonna make hand trap traps do you think it'd be a good idea to  have 1 effect that has to be used via being set? Maybe i'm wrong but it seems to be the best way to handle cards like these without nerfing them into the ground. Say 1 effect that can be just used from the hand and one very good effect that has to be set for it to be used.

Balances it out i'd assume on paper but idk in practice since AFAIK we've never had a trap like this (Evenly Matched could be played from the hand but didn't have an additional effect if set... not like it needed it with something like the initial lol)

Just negating the effects of pendulums is not quite as good as preventing their activation in the first place, but you take what you can get.

I mean, the card isn't bad, and it's not bad seeing this going first or second. But, with the state of the game as it is now, I don't know if this is a card you necessarily want to be running. OCG-wise relatively few people are using Veiler as it is, and TCG-wise almost nobody is using Veiler. Blossom and Ogre both have the larger benefit of being able to hit monsters as well as Spells and Traps, and in the case of OCG they have the benefit of Maxx "C" being unlimited to add to the bunch.

It's not that this card is bad, it's just that it doesn't do anything that other cards don't already do but with added versatility. If the stronger hand-traps got hit and the game's speed is still at the current state it's at, yeah I can see people flocking to use this card. But right now, it's probably going to be overlooked upon its release, depending on any banlists that are released before then.

Thing is, I just have trouble seeing this be played.

Veiler isn't terrible T1, but it's far from good, and after that you're... Playing this to be a normal trap that negates s/t that are either stupidly played in the same column as it/are Pendulum Scales?

Other than MagiMusket, this card doesn't work unless it's negating a floodgate that's up (sloooooooooow) or it's putting a dampener on Pendulums. Given the ability to shift scales around, you're likely wasting either the monster negate or the s/t negate, due to the fact that they have to happen at the same time.

It's not a bad card, but it's not good enough. It just encourages forms of technical play that... Already existed due to Broken Line/Fuse Line.

When you lost the die roll and have to go second? Otherwise you're fully capable of setting it when you're going first?

I concur with black

I just don't see a veiler clone being enough 

It might take the place of veiler, maybe, but it's not gonna see any more play than that.

Veiler just doesn't do enough these days to matter unlike the others. It has very specific uses like with Invoker and Needlefiber, but outside of that there are usually better than trap options

Agreed. It's not a bad a card, but in a game with Candina's are dodging Veilers with Lycoris, Resorts are protecting Quik Fix's and Sleepers and so on it just doesn't do enough. The set effect is fine but then it suffers the same problems as every other trap card. I'd like to see more cards like this in the future. 

Its a shame this card being a literal hand trap does not do enough, either it should ve done a little more (like perventing the target from being used as material tributed , etc) or a little (just a little) more flexible on the hand activation condition (like just having less cards than the opponent rather than having no cards at all). Still is a nice try for where are they taking trap cards, having aplications (even if minimal) going first or second

Its a shame this card being a literal hand trap does not do enough, either it should ve done a little more (like perventing the target from being used as material tributed , etc) or a little (just a little) more flexible on the hand activation condition (like just having less cards than the opponent rather than having no cards at all). Still is a nice try for where are they taking trap cards, having aplications (even if minimal) going first or second

No backrow or No Monsters 

Either condition would let you use it (outside of T1 going second as VCR noted) without being a mediocre break through clone

But you have to literally bet on lose the dice roll, or be willing to go fieldless in a game-state where 6K+ Damage is normal 

It's too much risk to use properly for a small chance of reward

I can see it replacing veiler however 

No backrow or No Monsters 

Either condition would let you use it (outside of T1 going second as VCR noted) without being a mediocre break through clone

But you have to literally bet on lose the dice roll, or be willing to go fieldless in a game-state where 6K+ Damage is normal 

It's too much risk to use properly for a small chance of reward

I can see it replacing veiler however 

The last will depend on the deck itslef, veiler is still a lvl 1 monster which means access linkuriboh if needed (in case sheet happens) and a tuner so needlefiber or actual synchros

I mean, like, any trap, hand or otherwise, is pretty bad if you're not seeing it in your hand on the first turn. You can argue that seeing this on your second turn kinda sucks, but like, so does seeing a Blossom or Ogre on your second turn after your opponent already did all their biz.

The discussion just feels like it's going into the typical "This card is bad in situations where it's bad" territory. But it's like Black and (in a round-about way) myself said; this is just kind of a Veiler card. It's not bad, it's not amazing but it's not bad by any means. If you're going first and you see this in your hand, then yeah you set it. You don't pass unless you're being a supreme meme lord and playing Gorz in the year of our lord 2018 (please someone do this). If you're stuck going second, which WILL happen in pretty much almost every match you go in unless your opponent really wants to go second and you really want to go first, then you have a nifty little Veiler in your hand.

If you're going second and you see this as your draw, then it's about as bad as seeing any hand trap as your draw going second instead of being in your opening hand. It's gonna feel bad.

The last will depend on the deck itslef, veiler is still a lvl 1 monster which means access linkuriboh if needed (in case sheet happens) and a tuner so needlefiber or actual synchros

And a light for BLS in BA

Pt taken

I mean, like, any trap, hand or otherwise, is pretty bad if you're not seeing it in your hand on the first turn. You can argue that seeing this on your second turn kinda sucks, but like, so does seeing a Blossom or Ogre on your second turn after your opponent already did all their biz.

The discussion just feels like it's going into the typical "This card is bad in situations where it's bad" territory. But it's like Black and (in a round-about way) myself said; this is just kind of a Veiler card. It's not bad, it's not amazing but it's not bad by any means. If you're going first and you see this in your hand, then yeah you set it. You don't pass unless you're being a supreme meme lord and playing Gorz in the year of our lord 2018 (please someone do this). If you're stuck going second, which WILL happen in pretty much almost every match you go in unless your opponent really wants to go second and you really want to go first, then you have a nifty little Veiler in your hand.

If you're going second and you see this as your draw, then it's about as bad as seeing any hand trap as your draw going second instead of being in your opening hand. It's gonna feel bad.

Only if you make the bone headed meme pt that games are won by t1. I'll take an ash t2

Actually it's better than Veiler and arguably other hand traps if you go second and draw this in your turn, since unlike Veiler you can still drop it to negate an opponent's floodgate monster or whatever and proceed with your plays. Bonus if there is a backrow that you can also stun.

Actually it's better than Veiler and arguably other hand traps if you go second and draw this in your turn, since unlike Veiler you can still drop it to negate an opponent's floodgate monster or whatever and proceed with your plays. Bonus if there is a backrow that you can also stun.

You don't get that bonus if activated from hand. Has to be set.

Archived