Photo

[AGM/Written] Yollohcoatl: Field Spell triggered swapping Trapmons! (17/17)

- - - - - AGM EARTH Winged Beast Continuous Trap Field Spell Trap Monster

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts
    Last Visit Jan 17 2019 08:36 PM
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova
AGM Prompt

So, first off, flavour. Decided to name the monsters after South American birds, with one exception, and the Trapmons after Aztec Gods, again with one exception. Field Spells are named after Aztec city-states in Central America, and as for the other S/T Support...well, I just went with thematically appropriate names.

As for the designing, initially went with Psuedo-Trapmons for the Traps, but realized the prompt specified Continuous Traps, so that made life a little difficult in regards to Zone control. Regardless, I pushed on, adding some returning with the main monsters and some Mekk-Knight-esque field manipulation with one of the field spells. Had a bit of difficulty expanding said Field Spells given the prompts specifications, but I think it went decently. Also went a little risky and made HOPT as little of a thing as possible on the Trapmons and main monsters, in order to try and take advantage of swapping in and out of being a Trap or not.

Basic plays are setting up for Tribute Summoning Serpent, and then attacking. I hope I encaptured the swarming aspect of the archetype, but one thing I definitely did do is leave the field (haha hilarous joke xd) open for your opponent to activate one or more Field Spells to mess up the whole system. Like most of my AGM sets, its designed to work just as well in the AGM format as in Link Format, so hopefully I achieved that too.

Monsters: (5)
Trapmons: (4)
Field Spells: (4)
Other Spells/Traps: (4)

CnC would be much appreciated! Also trying out this new method of formatting to make it more pleasant to read. If you do post a review, feel free to say if it makes it look better or worse ^^

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts
    Last Visit Jan 17 2019 08:36 PM
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova
Bump.

Dova