[Leaderboard] Dova vs. BDS (Cards are up!)

Dova

ty for template batmed

Rules:

• All Leaderboard rules apply.
  • First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
  • All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
  • Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
  • Cards must be PM'd to me.
  • Both participants must approve both cards via notes, to help prevent functional and grammatical errors .
  • If arts are provided, I will remake both cards in the same template to help ensure anonymity.
  • In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.
Deadlines:
  • The deadline for cards is 2 days after challenge has been accepted.
  • The deadline for votes is 3 days after cards have been posted.
  • In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.
Rewards:
  • The winner gets a rep from the loser.
  • All voters get a rep for voting.
Requirements:
  • Let's make a Level 2 Ritual Monster and it's Ritual Spell! We don't have to make a Spell if the monster is already accessible with another Ritual Spell(s).

[spoiler=Card A]evigishki_nekrozmirror_by_bdsceptyr-dbzf

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Mirror" Ritual Spell. Must be Ritual Summoned. If this card is Ritual Summoned: Banish as many Spells & Traps on the field as possible, then you can switch the ATK/DEF of this card and/or 1 monster on the field that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. If this card is Tributed for a Ritual Sumon: You can target 1 WATER monster in your GY; banish it, and if you do, apply 1 of these effects.

• Add 1 "Mirror" Ritual Spell from your Deck to your hand.

• Special Summon 1 Level 4 WATER Warrior or Spellcaster monster from your Deck.

[spoiler=Card B]5xclKdM.png

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Gishki" Ritual Spell Card. When this card is Ritual Summoned: Your opponent draws 1 card, and if you do, add 1 Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card is sent from the hand or field to the GY: You can shuffle 1 other WATER monster from your GY into your Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gishki" monster from your Deck. You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.

Card A

For whatever reason, this is a Nekroz so I really don't know how this fits into the lore. Suppose it's a relic of what happened before Gishki turned into Nekroz or some in-between.

I mean, you technically can summon it off Kaleidomirror with another Nekroz, but yeah, IDK if they'd have space for this. It fits more for Gishki since they do have monsters that can fit easier. As far as they go, the Heavy Storm/banish effect isn't bad (iirc from 2015 versions, they only ran Vanity's or something as backrow so they wouldn't lose much) and stat switching works, even if it's restricted to ED monsters. Links don't care for obvious reasons, but can't argue with this becoming a 2500 ATK beater. 

As for the Tributing effect, I guess it gives both Decks more easier searching options (as opposed to the Nekroz ones requiring no monsters and banishing stuff to search more). For the other effect, both of them do have options, but...Nekroz don't really use Zefrasaber or Sorcerer; Dance, I suppose fits somewhere. As for Gishki targets, only Avance is live outside of being NS'd or flipped.

Card B

And here we have the purely Gishki stuff...

IIRC Gishki don't have any internal way of getting to their Rituals EASILY outside Vision, so...suppose lower the dependency on Pre-Prep or something, though the opponent does get a free draw. For this card's other effect, I guess you could also shuffle back stuff you milled via Noellia or whatever, then summon things out so... Looking at their stuff, Gishki do need the SS from Deck help and wouldn't hurt to recycle a lot of the members that you discard to trigger stuff (i.e. Vision, Shadow, Vanity).

=====

In the long run, both of these cards are mostly Gishki supports, so which one is better?

A: Gets access to Nekroz spells and Aqua/Photomirror for its primary Archetype, changes stats and then provides ways to summon stuff or search their Spells.

B: [Pre-] Prep and provides Deck summoning support. 

I think I'll go with A right now, considering yeah, it does have more targets that Gishki can use with the Spells (iirc their stuff is exact Level) and provides support that they can use in the long run. This is essentially getting their Ritual Spells faster, which both them and Nekroz could use (though latter probably doesn't need it too much, but it's nice if you need to retrieve stuff and don't have empty board).

With B, they have Diviner or Photomirror if you have to and more targets to summon (albeit not much), but that's about it outside of triggering off being Ritual fodder. That's good and all, but issue is more in summoning this with their lineup and a lot of the viable targets don't trigger on SSing.

Archived