Dova's AGM Legacy Support Thread

Dova

For those who don't know the deal with these sort of threads, they are basically just us AGM members adding cards to TCG/OCG archetypes that have been allowed into the AGM Format, or just support for either our or other's older AGM prompted/custom archetypes. For the latter, I've given links in the spoilers, so if a name catches your eye, please look at it! Mostly gonna be stuff I like/have done/have played, as that will what I am most familiar with. As a reminder, this stuff is designed with MR3 in mind. With that said, let's get into the custom cards!

[spoiler=AGM Support][spoiler=Heartless Horseman]Archetype: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359023-agm-heartless-horseman-battle-phase-nightmares-66/

The Writing on the Wall
Quick-Play Spell

If you control a "Heartless Horseman" monster(s): Activate 1 "Broken Seal" from your hand, Deck or GY. if this card was not sent to the GY this turn (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 face-up card you control; send it to the GY, also Special Summon 1 "Heartless Horseman" monster from your Deck.

[spoiler=Amurite]Archetype: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/348270-written-agm-amurite-artifacts-except-much-more-annoying-1212/

Amurite Panic
Quick-Play Spell
Target 1 card you control; destroy it, and if you do, set 1 "Amurite" card from your hand or GY to your Spell & Trap Zone as a Trap. You can reveal 1 "Amurite" card from your hand when you activate this card, and if you do, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's activation.

[spoiler=Renga]Archetype: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/355440-agm-written-renga-revealing-to-swarm-1313/

Renga Influence
Continuous Spell
Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 revealed card in your hand into your Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. When you Xyz Summon exactly 1 "Renga" monster: You can attach this card to that monster as an Xyz Material.

[spoiler=Sacred Ash]Archetype: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/355012-agm-sacred-ash-burn-revive-survive-1212/

Sacred Ash Janus
FIRE | ✪✪✪ | Spellcaster/Effect | 1200/0

You can pay 1000 LP; Immediately after this effect resolves, Tribute Summon 1 FIRE monster from your hand. If a "Sacred Ash" monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your GY. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

[spoiler=Raptor Ace]Archetype: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/365823-raptor-ace-dinosaur-starship-pilots-agm-written/

Raptor Ace Eorahornet
WIND | ✪✪✪✪ | Dinosaur/Ritual/Effect | 1200/1200 

You can Ritual Summon this monster using any "Raptor Ace" Ritual Spell Card. This monster gains 100 ATK times the combined Levels of all monsters you control. (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card, then target 1 face-up monster you control; increase its Level by this card's Level on the field. If this card is Tributed: You can add 1 "Raptor Ace" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.

Raptor Ace Maneuver
Counter Trap

When a card(s) you control are targeted by a card or effect: You can target 1 face-up WIND Dinosaur monster you control; reduce its Level by the number of cards targeted, and if you do, negate that card or effect, and if you do, banish it.

[spoiler=Sunbeast]Archetype: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/356077-sakura-agm-praise-the-sun-sunbeasts/

Sunbeast Ka'īlio
LIGHT | ✪✪✪✪ | Beast/Effect | 1500/1700

You can Tribute this card, then target 1 other "Sunbeast" monster in your GY; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated this turn. You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn. If this card was not sent to the GY this turn (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 face-up Beast monster you control; it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects this turn.

Sunbeast Īliohae
LIGHT | ✪✪✪✪✪✪ | Beast/Effect | 2400/2000

Monsters in your opponent's hand, Deck or GY cannot activate their effects. If this card is destroyed: You can target 1 Level 5 or lower "Sunbeast" monster in your GY; Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.

Sunbeast Worship
Counter Trap
When an opponent's monster targets a card(s) you control for a card effect or an attack while you control a face-up "Sunbeast" monster(s): You can choose new appropriate targets on either side of the field, regardless of the player who is required to control them.

[spoiler=Aura]Archetype: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/337377-written-auras-steady-power-ups/

Uramii the Aura Striker 
LIGHT | ✪✪✪✪✪ | Warrior/Effect | 2200/600

During your Main Phase: You can pay 1000 LP, then reveal this card and 1 Equip Spell Card in your hand;Special Summon this card from your hand in face-up Attack Position, then equip the revealed Equip Spell Card to this card, then, if that was an "Aura" card, gain 300 LP for each face-up Spell/Trap Card you control.

Aura of Satisfaction
Continuous Spell
Once per turn, at the end of the Battle Phase, if a monster you control destroyed an opponent's monster by battle: Add 1 "Aura" card from your Deck to your hand. During your opponent's turn, if you have more LP than your opponent (Quick Effect): You can send this card you control to the GY, then target 1 "Aura" Equip Spell Card in your GY; equip it to a face-up monster you control.

[spoiler=Vigilizard]Archetype: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/357058-written-vigilizard/

Vigilizard Engineer - Improvisor
EARTH | ✪✪✪✪✪ | Reptile/Effect | 2200/800

If a monster(s) your opponent controls changes its battle position: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, banish the top card of your opponent's Deck. This card inflicts piercing battle damage. If this monster inflicts battle damage: Activate 1 of the following effects.
● Draw 1 card and reveal it, then if it was a Reptile monster, draw 1 card.
● Target 1 "Vigilizard" monster in your GY; Special Summon it.

Vigilizard AI - Mastermind
EARTH - ✪✪✪✪✪ - Cyberse/Fusion/Effect - 1800/1400

"Vigilizard Engineer - Improvisor" + 1 "Vigilizard" monster
Must either be Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by Tributing the above cards you control (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"). Cannot be targeted by cards or effects or for attacks while you control another "Vigilizard" monster. This card inflicts piercing battle damage. When a Reptile monster you control attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn, if a "Vigilizard" monster attacks or is attacked by an opponent's monster, at the start of damage calculation: You can shuffle 1 of your opponent's banished cards into the Deck; your battling monster gains 1000 ATK until the end of this turn.

[spoiler=Konami Support][spoiler=Artifacts]Artifact Thyrsus
LIGHT | ✪✪✪✪✪ | Fairy/Effect | 1100/2500

You can Set this card from your hand to your Spell & Trap Zone as a Spell Card. During your opponent's turn, if this Set card in the Spell & Trap Zone is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard: Special Summon it. If you have an "Artifact" monster(s) in your GY (Quick Effect): You can discard this card; cards in the and that would be sent to the GY are unaffected by your opponent's cards or effects this turn.

Artifact Khetaka
LIGHT | ✪✪✪✪✪ | Fairy/Xyz/Effect | 1000/2700

2 Level 5 monsters
Once per turn, you can activate 1 of these effects (Quick Effect):
● Set 1 "Artifact" monster from your Deck to your Spell & Trap Zone as a Spell Card.
● Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Fairy monsters you control cannot be targeted for attacks or card effects this turn.

[spoiler=Shaddolls]Vale of Shaddolls
Continuous Trap
You can target 1 "Shaddoll" monster in your GY; Special Summon it in face-down Defense Position. If this card is sent to the GY by a card effect: You can target 1 "Shaddoll" monster in your GY; this effect becomes that monster's effect if it is was sent to the GY by a card effect. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

[spoiler=Fabled]The Fabled Tiamun
LIGHT | ✪✪ | Beast/Effect | 1000/0

When this card is sent from the field or Deck to the GY by a card effect: You can discard 1 card, and if you do, add 1 "The Fabled" monster from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=Noble Knights]Morgana
DARK | ✪✪✪ | Spellcaster/Effect | 1300/400

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by sending 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your hand to the GY. If this card is Summoned: Add 1 "Noble Knight" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If you control no other cards: You can send this card you control to the GY, then send 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to the GY; add 1 Equip Spell Card with the same name as that card from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 of your banished "Merlin"; Special Summon it. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

Mordre, King of the Ignoble Knights
DARK | ✪✪✪ | Warrior/Xyz/Effect | 2300/2300

3 Level 5 "Noble Knight" monsters
Once per turn, you can also Xyz Summon this card by using a face-up "Noble Knight" Synchro monster you control as its material. If this card is Special Summoned: You can equip 1 "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Card from your Deck and GY each to this card. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 "Noble Knight" monster in your GY; Special Summon it. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card your opponent controls; send it to the GY.

Ignoble Arms - Calrent
Normal Spell

You can only control 1 "Ignoble Arms - Calrent". Equip only to a Warrior monster. If it attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card is destroyed: Send 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Deck to the GY. You can banish 1 "Noble Arms" card from your GY, then target 1 face-up DARK Warrior monster you control; equip this card from your GY to that target. You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.

[spoiler=Laval]Lavalval Mollusk
FIRE | ✪✪✪✪ | Aqua/Xyz/Effect | 1700/900

2 Level 4 FIRE monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can send 1 "Laval" monster from your Deck to the GY, then this card gains ATK equal to half its ATK. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 3 FIRE monsters in your GY; shuffle them into your Deck, then send the top card of your Deck to the GY. If it was a FIRE monster, Special Summon it.

[spoiler=Cyber Dragon]Cyber Dragon Chip
LIGHT | ✪✪ 
| Machine/Effect | 600/0
If this card is Summoned: Add 1 "Cyber" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is banished: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Cyber" monster from your Deck. You can only use 1 effect of this card's name per turn, and only once that turn.

[spoiler=Red-Eyes]Jinzo - mk Red-Eyes 
DARK | ✪✪✪✪✪✪ | Machine/Effect | 2400/1500

When a Trap Card or effect is activated on the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, if you do, banish that card. Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Red-Eyes" Spell/Trap Card from your GY; add 1 Level 7 or lower DARK Dragon monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can target 1 face-up "Red-Eyes" monster you control; your opponent takes damage equal to half its ATK.

[spoiler=Spirit Cards]Inari-No-Kami
WIND | ✪✪ | Psychic/Spirit/Effect | 900/600

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 Spirit monster from your GY, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Special Summoned: Immediately after this effect resolves, you can Normal Summon 1 Spirit monster from your hand. During the End Phase of the turn this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand.

Ushotama
WIND | ✪✪✪✪ | Thunder/Spirit/Effect | 800/1800

Cannot be Special Summoned. If this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: You add 1 Spirit monster from your GY to your hand. If this card is added to your hand: You can reveal 1 Level 5 or higher monster in your hand; until the end of the next turn, reduce its Level by 2. During the End Phase of the turn this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand.

Hinotama
FIRE | ✪✪✪✪ | Pyro/Spirit/Effect | 800/1800

Cannot be Special Summoned. If this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: You can discard 1 monster; your opponent takes damage equal to its ATK. During the End Phase of the turn this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand.

Yamata Serpent
WIND | ✪✪✪✪
✪ | Reptile/Spirit/Effect | 2000/2700
Cannot be Special Summoned. If this card battles an opponent's monster, at the end of the Damage Step: Add as many Spirit monsters from your GY to your hand as you can OR until you have 5 cards in your hand, also your opponent banishes 1 card in their hand face-down. During the End Phase of the turn this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand.

Spiritual Essence
Continuous Spell
When this card is activated: Add 1 Spirit monster from your Deck to your hand. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to a Spirit monster's Summon. During the End Phase of the turn this card was activated: Return it to the hand.

[spoiler=Update History]5/01/18: +2 Artifacts, +1 Shaddoll, +1 Fabled, +1 Heartless Horseman, +1 Amurite, +1 Renga, +1 Sacred Ash, +2 Raptor Aces
7/01/18: +3 Sunbeasts, +2 Auras
14/01/18: +1 Noble Knight, +1 Laval, +1 Red-Eyes, +1 Cyber Dragon, +2 Spirit Cards, +2 Vigilizards
19/01/18: +3 Spirit Cards, +2 Noble Knights

CnC would be nice, even just for one or two cards you are familiar with!

YES

So, here's my concern with Diplojetus: its name. Like, the effect is utterly fantastic for the archetype, the Level gives you a really easy Ritual play that makes Screechdeploy work its magic even faster, and that Quick Effect self-Tribute that then searches a Spell Card can get you out of a few dangerous situations (Battle Phase shenanigans with Barrage?). But for the life of me I can't figure out the name. Diplodocus isn't a raptor (like the regular monsters) or a big theropod (like the other three Rituals), and I don't know what dogfighting craft, real (little boys) or fictional (big strong Rituals) the other part of its name is a reference to.

Also, Maneuver is really nice for those moments when AGM Frightfur would utterly screw your day by reviving Tiger with Hydra. Good work.

Vale is stupid good for Shaddolls, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Helps build a bit more field presence, and can trigger effects twice that you might need to make a play/get past something big bad and Normal Summoned.

Tiamun is FANTASTIC, except for that really ugly 100 DEF. Why? Can you imagine searching two of those things off Birth of the Hydra? 1000/0 is a great statline for any monster thanks to that one amazing search card, and I'm honestly wondering why you're not capitalizing on it to make Fabled run any faster than they already can.

Thought it was just named after dinos lmao

Edit its name (Eoraptor + Hornet from HALO) and changed Tiamun's DEF; completely forgot about Hydra. Also, slightly buffed the Counter Trap, as I realized it only worked when only monsters were targeted.

Nah, I went for raptors. Literally every Raptor Ace is named for a predatory dino- Velociraptor, Utahraptor, Troodon, Deinonychus, Carnataurus, Tyrannosaurus, and Allosaurus. The little ones were complimented by the name of an IRL fighter jet, the big ones worked with space dogfighters.

Yeah, Birth of the Hydra is a double search for 1000/0, plus a search for any Reptile if you have a Sorcery Hydra out. It's one of the best cards to plus off of in the AGM, especially with Blank Spell Slip existing in the AGM to let you do it 6 times, and Hydra's Egg letting you search Birth. 1000/0 is second only to 1700 ATK/DEF in terms of how amazing it is to have (and the Fungal Serpent "combined stats of 2900" gimmick and FIRE monsters with 200 DEF being a close third and fourth, respectively).

Iliohae (not going to be bothered with accent marks, no sir) is still a bit much. Think of it this way: Tink/Melon pressured me into Limiting the existing AGM card Envious Ogre, which has only part of that effect (prevents your opponent from activating cards/effects from hand), makes your opponent plus each turn, is a nigh-unsearchable Level 5 EARTH Fiend (no generic support there) that self-Summons from your hand/Graveyard if your opponent searches, and grants your opponent the effect of Infinite Cards.

I don't know what nerf to give it, but it needs a hit somewhere.

Anyway, I think you might enjoy looking over (and attempting to support) Aura- check the approved outside stuff, I made them- simply because they have a lot of room to grow in terms of support, and their gimmick being Equip Spells means that there's not much they can currently do without a lot of generic cards that hurt them at present.

Edit because I forgot Ogre could revive itself

(Draco, you are lucky that there are no words in Hawaiian that are spelled the same way as ʻĪliohae without the ʻokina and kahakō, or else I'd be telling you that it technically translates to something else.)

I mean, if it comes down to it, just restrict ʻĪliohae to the field or something. But then again, point of Sunbeasts was that you had to run external support for them (but technically speaking, they DID get a consistency card). But then again, Sunbeasts only have Kākela for any form of searching on summon. 

Kaʻīlio (whatever type of dog this is supposed to be, unless just saying dog with the particle) is a welcome addition, given that I only gave them that one Level 3 for any lower Level members and less reliance on Unleash. Rest of the effect is fine.

Worship isn't bad and least redirects stuff. And yeah, it's another search target so...

Nerfed the Sunbeast to the GY. Added +2 Aura support, because that archetype is really slow. I don't think my card are enough, but I can't think of anything else to add for the moment without making the currently made cards any more powercrept.

Improvisor is pretty neat, even though most of its role overlaps with Slasher's (but not in a way that makes one outclass the other), but my one issue is that you forgot one of the primary gimmicks of Vigilizards- everything pierces. Also, I don't get the exact point of Mastermind in an archetype designed for aggro/Defense Position stun, because while most members would appreciate the stat boost, it's not like most members would have much of a problem getting big with help from Slasher and the Field Spell. Also, uh . . . you goofed in Mastermind's Material line.

Morgana should also probably have the ability to search Noble Arms cards, but that's the only complaint I have.

I'd point out that all the existing support for Red-Eyes asks for Dragons or Warriors, but as a Jinzo retrain I can't exactly complain about it being a Machine. I can suggest an alternate name, though: "Jinzo - mk Red-Eyes"

Improvisor is pretty neat, even though most of its role overlaps with Slasher's (but not in a way that makes one outclass the other), but my one issue is that you forgot one of the primary gimmicks of Vigilizards- everything pierces. Also, I don't get the exact point of Mastermind in an archetype designed for aggro/Defense Position stun, because while most members would appreciate the stat boost, it's not like most members would have much of a problem getting big with help from Slasher and the Field Spell. Also, uh . . . you goofed in Mastermind's Material line.

Morgana should also probably have the ability to search Noble Arms cards, but that's the only complaint I have.

I'd point out that all the existing support for Red-Eyes asks for Dragons or Warriors, but as a Jinzo retrain I can't exactly complain about it being a Machine. I can suggest an alternate name, though: "Jinzo - mk Red-Eyes"

I felt Mastermind was something to combo with Slasher, because I didn't think either alone would be able to get over everything. OCG fixed. Morgana searched Noble Knight cards...but I felt that was too strong at that moment. Hopefully I'll get another opinion on it.

Well, I guess you can't really go wrong with more ATK boosting.

It's not fixed. Currently, Mastermind requires "Vigilizard Engineer" - Improvisor, when the quotation marks need to be moved over to the other end of the word "Improvisor".

Also, I still recommend you add the AGM version of the piercing clause ("This card inflicts piercing battle damage") to both Mastermind and Improvisor, as they can't actually inflict much damage in a Deck focused around putting all of your opponent's sheet in Defense Position.

Well, I guess you can't really go wrong with more ATK boosting.

It's not fixed. Currently, Mastermind requires "Vigilizard Engineer" - Improvisor, when the quotation marks need to be moved over to the other end of the word "Improvisor".

Also, I still recommend you add the AGM version of the piercing clause ("This card inflicts piercing battle damage") to both Mastermind and Improvisor, as they can't actually inflict much damage in a Deck focused around putting all of your opponent's sheet in Defense Position.

Aight so, I did add the piercing and change the OCG. But, because I opened it in more editing options, I forgot to save. Well done Dova. Now it's there.

Archived