You can read the title. In this format, every card/effect activation (that starts a chain), self-summoning method listed on card (whether effect or summon condition), or specially named Special Summon per monster (except Pendulum Summon) is only once per turn.
To provide an example of each:
• Pot of Greed would have "You can only use 1 'Pot of Greed' per turn."
• Mass Driver would have "You can only use the effect of 'Mass Driver' once per turn."
• Cyber Dragon would have "You can only special summon 'Cyber Dragon' with this procedure once per turn."
• You can only Ritual Summon "Hungry Burger" once per turn.
• You can only Fusion Summon "Elemental HERO Flame Wingman" once per turn.
• You can only special summon "XYZ-Dragon Cannon" with this procedure once per turn.
• You can only Synchro Summon "Stardust Dragon" once per turn.
• You can only Xyz Summon "Number 39: Utopia" once per turn.
• You can only Link Summon "Firewall Dragon" once per turn.
• You can only use each of the summoning procedures on "Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon" once per turn.
No longer could Konami "forget" to make burn effects hard OPT. Do note that additional restrictions such as "Can only use 1 effect of [card name] per turn and only once each turn" still apply.
There are a couple of exceptions, though: Anything that reads "up to twice per turn:" or "can only use the effect of [name] up to twice per turn" would read as the latter. Analogously for thrice per turn as well.
What are some repercussions of this?
- PRO: Most of the banlist could probably come off.
- PRO: It would be very difficult to FTK, OTK, or just loop in general.
- CON: The game would take a lot more bookkeeping.
These are just very general points without referring to the meta at all, so I'd like to know what you guys think. Did I miss any other large effects? Is anything unclear? What kinds of meta repercussions would this have, or are decks these days so reliant on repetition that literally the entire meta would be dead and nobody could predict what the rising meta would be? Please leave comments sharing your thoughts.