[VJMP] Elemental HERO Solidman

ElementalHEROSolidman.png?resize=206%2C3

Elemental HERO Solidman

Level 4 EARTH Warrior Effect Monster

ATK 1300

DEF 1100

You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.

(1) When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “HERO” monster from your hand.

(2) If this card is sent from the Monster Zone to the GY by a Spell effect: You can target 1 “HERO” monster in your GY, except “Elemental HERO Solidman”; Special Summon it in Defense Position.

Oh hey, Goblindbergh can funk off. Really boring ass card tho.

I feel like part of this was to give HERO's a more in-theme means of putting monsters on the board, but also to give a better excuse to keep Stratos banned. I kid, I kid.

I mean, the card's good, it just, it just doesn't do anything interesting. It's really nothing more than a goodstuff that's pushing the use of Mask Change and Poly more than just straight Link Summoning.

It's good, it's some good stuff. It's just, really not much else to say.

I feel like part of this was to give HERO's a more in-theme means of putting monsters on the board, but also to give a better excuse to keep Stratos banned. I kid, I kid.

I mean, the card's good, it just, it just doesn't do anything interesting. It's really nothing more than a goodstuff that's pushing the use of Mask Change and Poly more than just straight Link Summoning.

It's good, it's some good stuff. It's just, really not much else to say.

Wouldn't CoTH/Oasis plays be better?

Regardless, we finally have a good target to MC into Dain, which the deck has sorely needed for a while now

Ultimate example of a card that does everything it needs to in utility for its archetype but has absolutely no personality in its design. Though I guess having an EARTH hero who isn't ass is kinda nice. Lame that linking into Wonder Driver doesn't trigger the float, I mean not that Wonder Driver is any good or anything but still.

Wouldn't CoTH/Oasis plays be better?

Never? It doesn't have any effects that proc on Special Summon, and its send-to-grave effect only works with Spell effects.

Even if it worked with traps, it's just... what are you gaining? There are no effects that proc specifically when special summoned by a HERO effect, going out of your way to pop your own trap is a waste of resources with this deck, overall slower to rely on, and all you gain is just summoning 1 HERO so... it won't be connected to a trap to be killed? A very small, negligible gain that has me heavily questioning why you didn't just summon the target you're trying to summon with Solidman with the CotH in the first place, or why you aren't just running Return to the Frontlines. Just... kind of a "I chain Maxx 'C' to Duality" levels of bad meme.

Never? It doesn't have any effects that proc on Special Summon, and its send-to-grave effect only works with Spell effects.

Even if it worked with traps, it's just... what are you gaining? There are no effects that proc specifically when special summoned by a HERO effect, going out of your way to pop your own trap is a waste of resources with this deck, overall slower to rely on, and all you gain is just summoning 1 HERO so... it won't be connected to a trap to be killed? A very small, negligible gain that has me heavily questioning why you didn't just summon the target you're trying to summon with Solidman with the CotH in the first place, or why you aren't just running Return to the Frontlines. Just... kind of a "I chain Maxx 'C' to Duality" levels of bad meme.

I was being silly, I thought it was S/T effects for the second one

Sorry

DestinyHERODiskCommander-RYMP-EN-R-1E.jp

Errata when

Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "HERO" monster from your Deck

Oh dear god Dian can summon Vyon

I like it for its utility of being able to Xyz, Link and also Recycle HERO's if used for Poly or Mask Change. Sure this card is not much different from Goblindbergh for that utility but still a nice support card for HERO's plus if I taken anything in from this, this means that if we get more new main deck E-HERO's in the future their either going to be Water or Wind since for new gen HERO's we got main deck wise...

DARK: Shadow Mist

FIRE: Blazeman

LIGHT: Honest Neos

EARTH: Solidman

So fingers crossed in the near Future that we get a new WIND HERO that or a good WATER HERO.

I like it for its utility of being able to Xyz, Link and also Recycle HERO's if used for Poly or Mask Change. Sure this card is not much different from Goblindbergh for that utility but still a nice support card for HERO's plus if I taken anything in from this, this means that if we get more new main deck E-HERO's in the future their either going to be Water or Wind since for new gen HERO's we got main deck wise...DARK: Shadow MistFIRE: BlazemanLIGHT: Honest NeosEARTH: SolidmanSo fingers crossed in the near Future that we get a new WIND HERO that or a good WATER HERO.

OCG made this card, they have stratos at 2. KOJ could not care less about TCG or its bad banlist choices

Water is likely bubbleman

IDK about this card. It's a better Goblindbergh for HEROes for sure, but the last HERO deck I watched still plays Tin Goldfish and combos it with Summon Sorceress to go for Toadally Bahamut right away. On the other hand, this can strengthen OTKs by using it for Dian or Trinity.

It isn't THAT solid.
It is as a Goblindberg replacement, and the revive is cute, but the best plays it could make require 2 Extra Monster Zones opened up by a Link more often than not.

I kinda wanted to Special Prisma, dump Neos, and revive Neos after fusing, to get a Contact Fusion out, but it requires hoops to jump. It mostly is another Mask Change enabler I suppose.

Archived