Constellation Magician

Atypical-Abbie

A Link Monster for Magician Pendulums, it searches Pendulumgraphs and Magician monsters should you not Pendulum Summon that turn, which is on every turn it is up, so helps that it can be protected by the Pendulumgraphs, and lastly it Special Summons monsters as well, to support not using Pendulum Summoning for the search. It also got respectable stats and Link Arrows.

constellation_magician_by_zaziuma-dbzfwf

2+ Spellcaster monsters
When this card is Link Summoned: You can Set 1 "Pendulumgraph" Spell/Trap directly from your Deck. During the End Phase, if you did not Pendulum Summon this turn: You can add 1 "Magician" Pendulum Monster from your Deck or face-up from your Extra Deck to your hand. If a "Magician" Pendulum Monster this card points to leaves the field: You can Special Summon 1 "Magician" Pendulum Monster from your hand to your zone this card points to. You can only use each effect of "Constellation Magicain" once per turn.

It's not Heavymetalfoes Electrumite, requires more materials and has fewer, less impactful effects.

We can already search the Pendulumgraphs with "Duelist alliance" and "Double Iris Magician" easily enough, and certainly easier than summon a Link 3 who's other effect only pays off if we don't pendulum summon. 

Next, If I wanted that End Phase search I would play "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon" instead and keeps my pendulum summon. Searching during the End Phase is basically useless unless you're searching a handtrap or something special.

Finally, the summon from the hand effect is terrible, this is literally a Pendulum-based Archetype, why would I not just pendulum them out with all my other monsters instead? If it was from the deck it would be neat but this card is just so underwhelming that I can't see it being played at all.

It's not Heavymetalfoes Electrumite, requires more materials and has fewer, less impactful effects.

We can already search the Pendulumgraphs with "Duelist alliance" and "Double Iris Magician" easily enough, and certainly easier than summon a Link 3 who's other effect only pays off if we don't pendulum summon. 

Next, If I wanted that End Phase search I would play "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon" instead and keeps my pendulum summon. Searching during the End Phase is basically useless unless you're searching a handtrap or something special.

Finally, the summon from the hand effect is terrible, this is literally a Pendulum-based Archetype, why would I not just pendulum them out with all my other monsters instead? If it was from the deck it would be neat but this card is just so underwhelming that I can't see it being played at all.

Well you certainly are not holding anything back. Maybe you do not realize that a Linl Monster has different value to Double Iris in that it opens up more and is a bonus. As for the search effect, it is designed so that you do need to Pendulum Summon which is why it Special Summons from the hand.

Well you certainly are not holding anything back. Maybe you do not realize that a Linl Monster has different value to Double Iris in that it opens up more and is a bonus. As for the search effect, it is designed so that you do need to Pendulum Summon which is why it Special Summons from the hand.

If it were Link 2 I would see some value on this card but Link 3 is just too much. Do you intend to pendulum summon to bring this card out and get its search effect off next turn?

My reasoning is that you would have to have a very interesting hand to be able summon this but not have access to the "Pendulumgraph" card either by Iris, Alliance or drawing them.

Another thing I thought was why wouldn't we just the Pendulum summon to get out "Timestar Magician" and get my search that way, instead of summoning this and waiting until the End Phase, heck even "Oafdragon Magician" would be a better choice to get monster recur monsters face up from the extra deck.

This card does a lot but Pendulum Magicians already have extremely high card quality in their effects so it can be hard to design support for them that would actually see play

Archived