[EXFO] F.A. Auto Navigator

26195837_1148445871964216_16158081101996

F.A. Auto Navigator

Level 1 WIND Machine Tuner Effect Monster

ATK 0

DEF 0

If this card is in your hand or GY: You can target 1 “F.A.” monster you control whose current Level is higher than its original Level; Special Summon this card, and if you do, reduce that target’s Level by the difference between its current and original Level, and if you do that, this card’s Level becomes equal to the amount reduced. If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 “F.A.” Field Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of “F.A. Auto Navigator” once per turn.

At least for me, this came as pretty unexpected. I had anticipated F.A. to be purely a maindeck monster sort of deck, but this happened. That said, this thing is dang good, and its existence for being so good, and its status as a Machine, opens up a LOT of plays with Needlefiber and Summon Sorceress. There's a lot more you can do with the deck now, and this card definitely enables it. Also, another thing to note is, having the deck's plays shift towards more general and generic Link plays closes off Marshalling Field somewhat; the deck's ability will probably be much better overall with non-Machine monsters opened up to toolboxes than it is with a trap used to boost the levels.

Well, this certainly wasn't where I expected F.A. to go.  I guess with U.A. existing, I just thought it would stay a Main Deck only archetype, but then again Synchro and the mechanic's inherent tie-in with duels on wheels doesn't completely throw things off.

My F.A. decks did use Synchro, but usually as a means to field Ancient Fairy Dragon (via Destrudo) and often as a ladder to Galaxy Tomahawk and its five tokens.  This can help set that up without exterior (out of archetype) hoops to jump through while also giving means to get to the field spells to enable more searches.  The only problem with that is you're still going minus to get the F.A. up to level 7 in the first place, but it does open up some cool methods of further extension.  The fact that it works in the grave as well is fantastic, though giving a level 9 Synchro does seem a bit... off.

Something something something about making multiple AFD's in one turn using this, Destrudo, and Galaxy Tomahawk tokens.

It got my interest for being a Level1 WIND/Machine Tuner, also taking a closer look at the artwork it turns out to be a cute hologram girl, making it even better.

I'm a bit disappointed at the hard OPT on its self-Summon effect, otherwise it would be akin to a Quik-Fix/Level Eater/Lady of the Lake for the archetype, and I don't think I have to elaborate on how crazy that could have gotten, possibly taking F.A.s to the top tiers. Oh well.

It's so sad how tuners are used to make "Needlefiber" rather than the actual Synchros. But no one iz here for drama

This card (unlike the Synchro) is actually pretty good, AND it's a Machine Duplication target. All what they need now is a proper searcher the fields pop doesn't count, for now and they'll be ready to go. Talkin about a Link driven Build.

It's so sad how tuners are used to make "Needlefiber" rather than the actual Synchros. But no one iz here for drama

This card (unlike the Synchro) is actually pretty good, AND it's a Machine Duplication target. All what they need now is a proper searcher the fields pop doesn't count, for now and they'll be ready to go. Talkin about a Link driven Build.

...you shouldn't be using this to make Needlefiber. You should be using other Tuners to make Needlefiber, to pull O-Lion from the deck, then use that with Needlefiber to make Summon Sorceress, O-Lion summons a token to a zone Sorceress points to, then Sorceress targets THAT to summon Navigator from the deck. Then, you can hopefully go into Skulldeat (at least 3 materials for it is still pretty good). Now you have Navigator in the grave to be used freely for the synchro summons to zones that Deat points to and get that extra 300 ATK boost. Isn't that nice?

I mean, a hard-OPT on the self-summon is a no-brainer, and not having it would just be overtly silly, sillier than Quik-Fix.

As for the search? I mean, you're only searching the field spells, which is a pretty small gain considering activating a Field Spell over a Field Spell isn't destroying it anymore, so that could have been a soft-OPT, but I guess this goes as the safe route for avoiding anything from becoming unintentionally silly. Just the safe route is all.

I mean, as predicted this card is very good, but also as predicted the synchro is largely mediocre. I hope the other two cards are good enough to make this deck solid, because there ARE some good cards in there, they just need something to tie it all together. Otherwise, it'll remain as pretty underpowered across the board.

I mean, a hard-OPT on the self-summon is a no-brainer, and not having it would just be overtly silly, sillier than Quik-Fix.

As for the search? I mean, you're only searching the field spells, which is a pretty small gain considering activating a Field Spell over a Field Spell isn't destroying it anymore, so that could have been a soft-OPT, but I guess this goes as the safe route for avoiding anything from becoming unintentionally silly. Just the safe route is all.

I mean, as predicted this card is very good, but also as predicted the synchro is largely mediocre. I hope the other two cards are good enough to make this deck solid, because there ARE some good cards in there, they just need something to tie it all together. Otherwise, it'll remain as pretty underpowered across the board.

Self summon, I think you can pretty easily quasar with it given the FA's increase levels. You'd get an infinite recurring Tuner

As for the Fields

TCG has limited Set Rotation

OCG has limited Terra, banned AFD, and semi-limited set....Field spells can be quite potent, and we have no idea what they're gonna get. I don't see why it shouldn't have a hard OPT

Self summon, I think you can pretty easily quasar with it given the FA's increase levels. You'd get an infinite recurring Tuner

As for the Fields

TCG has limited Set Rotation

OCG has limited Terra, banned AFD, and semi-limited set....Field spells can be quite potent, and we have no idea what they're gonna get. I don't see why it shouldn't have a hard OPT

You should probably try out F.A.'s before... really saying any of that. I don't see this deck easily or practically summoning Quasar in-theme any time soon.

Because you're using a lot of general statements like "But Field Spells HAVE been good in SOME decks, and AFD is good, THEREFORE..." which, doesn't work. Look at the deck, try it out, see how it actually works out.

Because with a Hard OPT on the summon, a hard OPT on the search is unnecessary considering you'd only be searching 2 field spells off of its effect at most with only its summon, and the deck has no immediate and easy means of summoning it through alternate means, and this is if you're Normal Summoning it, which isn't a good thing for this deck.

Field Spells CAN be potent, yes, in some cases they have been. But you're not talking about THIS case, you're just tossing out vaguely true, general statements that don't necessarily apply.

You should probably try out F.A.'s before... really saying any of that. I don't see this deck easily or practically summoning Quasar in-theme any time soon.

Because you're using a lot of general statements like "But Field Spells HAVE been good in SOME decks, and AFD is good, THEREFORE..." which, doesn't work. Look at the deck, try it out, see how it actually works out.

Because with a Hard OPT on the summon, a hard OPT on the search is unnecessary considering you'd only be searching 2 field spells off of its effect at most with only its summon, and the deck has no immediate and easy means of summoning it through alternate means, and this is if you're Normal Summoning it, which isn't a good thing for this deck.

Field Spells CAN be potent, yes, in some cases they have been. But you're not talking about THIS case, you're just tossing out vaguely true, general statements that don't necessarily apply.

I meant, if the tuner DIDN'T have a hard OPT, you can make quasar incredibly easily off it. Even adding a blank card to you hand, can serve as discard fodder etc for incredibly silly plays. Fire Wall Summoner Monk for example.

Letting you search multiple spells for "free" and "free" recurring tuner is bad news. Konami was smart

I meant, if the tuner DIDN'T have a hard OPT, you can make quasar incredibly easily off it. Even adding a blank card to you hand, can serve as discard fodder etc for incredibly silly plays. Fire Wall Summoner Monk for example.

Letting you search multiple spells for "free" and "free" recurring tuner is bad news. Konami was smart

Like I said, with the hard OPT on the self-summon, a hard-OPT on the search, which only gets field spells is pretty superfluous. It's rare, in this deck, that you're summoning this card more than once and getting its effect in a turn without going out of your way and generally losing resources, and right now with what we have the field spells don't really do anything in the way that you can reliably and easily abuse to gain functional resources.

Again, play the deck and find out how it all works first.

Like I said, with the hard OPT on the self-summon, a hard-OPT on the search, which only gets field spells is pretty superfluous. It's rare, in this deck, that you're summoning this card more than once and getting its effect in a turn without going out of your way and generally losing resources, and right now with what we have the field spells don't really do anything in the way that you can reliably and easily abuse to gain functional resources.

Again, play the deck and find out how it all works first.

It's not hard to do VCR, you don't need to play "the deck" that's not even what I'm trying to say. The Synchro doesn't  have an OPT for the level gain effect. And it's generic. It should be pretty clear how it's a quasar clone form there. 

It's not hard to do VCR, you don't need to play "the deck" that's not even what I'm trying to say. The Synchro doesn't  have an OPT for the level gain effect. And it's generic. It should be pretty clear how it's a quasar clone form there. 

...Trying out a deck with a good build is the best way to get a good read on how well it plays. As it is right now, the synchro is really mediocre; even without a hard-OPT on its summon, it's a difficult card to summon more than once in a turn with a rightful hard OPT on the tuner's summon. The deck has poor advantage gain and resource management, as well it lacks any sort of actual engine to output monsters onto the field. Navigator is effectively the only actual engine card in the deck right now; there isn't anything in-theme that summons any monsters immediately on a turn besides the synchro monster itself. Not only that, IF you manage to get the resources well to get out the Synchro monster and everything you need for it consistently AS WELL as multiple F.A.'s in the grave, you need the spells to get its level up to 13, which right now isn't exactly the most practical thing to do thanks to how much you're spending to get cards together, the poor consistency, and the cards you need to get the level up.

And if you do, and you somehow manage to get its level up, and summon another one, you'd need to do another tuner somehow and then get a second one's level up, all with a Link monster on the field. All of this is pretty impossible given how poor this deck manages resources and how Navigator is the only actual engine card.

It honestly helps to play the deck first, or in this case give it more than just a passing glance. It's nowhere near a "Quasar Clone", it's just... an overwhelmingly meh monster.

Idk if it was answered, but setting a field over a field IS destruction.

they just ruled that Geartown misses timing if you set over it.

F.A. Field Spells specify it needs to be by a card effect, also I seem to remember that in MR3 it was made that replacing a field spell with a field spell doesn't count as destruction anymore, it just sends to the grave.

...Trying out a deck with a good build is the best way to get a good read on how well it plays. As it is right now, the synchro is really mediocre; even without a hard-OPT on its summon, it's a difficult card to summon more than once in a turn with a rightful hard OPT on the tuner's summon. The deck has poor advantage gain and resource management, as well it lacks any sort of actual engine to output monsters onto the field. Navigator is effectively the only actual engine card in the deck right now; there isn't anything in-theme that summons any monsters immediately on a turn besides the synchro monster itself. Not only that, IF you manage to get the resources well to get out the Synchro monster and everything you need for it consistently AS WELL as multiple F.A.'s in the grave, you need the spells to get its level up to 13, which right now isn't exactly the most practical thing to do thanks to how much you're spending to get cards together, the poor consistency, and the cards you need to get the level up.

And if you do, and you somehow manage to get its level up, and summon another one, you'd need to do another tuner somehow and then get a second one's level up, all with a Link monster on the field. All of this is pretty impossible given how poor this deck manages resources and how Navigator is the only actual engine card.

It honestly helps to play the deck first, or in this case give it more than just a passing glance. It's nowhere near a "Quasar Clone", it's just... an overwhelmingly meh monster.

I think we're misunderstanding each other.

When Fishborg was used to make quasar, it's not like it was used in a fishborg deck, I'm talking about using these two in a synchro deck much like how that lv 5 black wing synchro is

I think we're misunderstanding each other.

When Fishborg was used to make quasar, it's not like it was used in a fishborg deck, I'm talking about using these two in a synchro deck much like how that lv 5 black wing synchro is

Oh no, you're just misunderstanding that you need to use F.A. cards to make F.A. cards work. Navigator needs an F.A. monster with a higher level to self-summon, which means you need the spells to go with it. Same goes with Motorhome, you need the F.A. spells to make it all work, and as-is the deck lacks the consistency to make any sort of micro-"engine" work. You can claim it's like Fishborg, but it really isn't.

Archived