Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Complaints Go Here

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

Iron Fusion

Iron Fusion

HEART IRON

• Springtime Hero
  • 29,525 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Fusion

Well

I don't have a complaint with any specific mod, but I think the past couple years and the last 4-5 shitstorms I can think of all related to some sort of communication issue and the mods ultimately accepting responsibility and saying they should have handled the event better. That has been one recurring pattern, and the other is that there's a large, vocal dissatisfaction amongst the members with how things are.

I haven't gotten the sense that the mod team as a whole wants to address those concerns, it's more about riding out the storm behind an action taken or not taken. I've seen individual mods express their concerns and I myself have no personal issues with any of the mods right now, but I don't think those individual concerns carried out to the actions of the whole team. Like if I'm complaining to my Senator, they can help placate my concerns and I do believe that they are listening to me, do care, and want to help, but it's a matter of working with all of the other Senators to make something happen.

I suspect part of that is that it's always the same people participating in the discussions and demanding/suggesting change. It doesn't matter whether they're voicing absolutely legitimate concerns that should be considered or total bullshit, I think subconsciously there may have been a feeling amongst mods thinking "they're impossible to satisfy" and "it doesn't matter what we do" so there's little to no motivation to make an effort to work something out. It's become a vicious cycle created over time where members overreacted harshly albeit with good points and mods tried to make peace against the harsh tone and defend their new mod or tried making up for their mistake and meeting in the middle never quite worked out for either side. 

I guess what I want is for each mod to be honest with themselves and ask: do you still care?

If you don't, that is okay.

It is perfectly okay if you stopped giving a shit about a Yu-Gi-Oh! forum, that's more than okay! It's expected! You think any of us jackasses are gonna be here in 15-20 years? Why the hell would we? That's not crapping on YCM, it's just very unrealistic for this crowd to still be around when we're in our 30s and 40s. It's a phase of our lives and a phase in yours, do you want to be a mod here in 10 years? (If you do that's cool, I address that further down) I have seen generations of YCMers come and go at this point, people I talked with every day have moved on from this site for many years now and that's completely acceptable and the way life goes.

But if you do understand how you feel and accept you don't care anymore...move on and step down! Whether you go tend to real life or stick around the forum, there is no shame in not being a mod anymore. Just today, no one told Smear to not let the door hit him on the way out, they thanked him and left it at that.

Not being a mod anymore doesn't invalidate who you are, it shouldn't.

Like my buddy Black, he got on just fine after not being a mod anymore. You know who else did? J-Max, Icy, Striker, Yankee, Koko, Opal, Yui, Pika, Rinne, fucking Crab after getting banned, I think evilfusion and Roxas are doing fine after recently stepping down, same with Rai and Aix I'm assuming they're having a good life somewhere. I could go on.

If you do still care, and you want better for the forum, you have to show it. Actions speak louder than words.

Maybe that'll involve bugging your fellow mods to come online for a group meeting at this time or next week or whenever. Or it can be including an ETA like with the Birdie thing, "I understand you all are rallying for Birdie to rejoin, please give us about a week to get back to you." Even if you're telling someone they need to wait and it'll be another week because you need to hear from 3 more people, it's better to receive some form of acknowledgement than nothing at all. 

Maybe I'm underestimating the difficulty in doing this and rallying the troops. But I've seen ex-mods criticize the status quo like Black, Koko, Yui, and Roxas, so I believe their experience lends the perspective that change is doable, but isn't being done.

If you do care about being a mod and YCM, and you envision yourself being here a few more years and beyond, I ask that you not take the role for granted just because there's some unspoken tenure and recognize that members are feeling shunned and not really being listened to. 

And take note of this: all these members that come into these threads every time something happens care about the site and want to make changes to better the community and foster site growth. I can understand how it's difficult to separate the good intentions behind posts and only feeling attacked and that they're ungrateful. I work in customer service, I seriously get it. It can be a thankless job sometimes.

There is a generation ready to pick up where you left off. It's not about driving you out, it's about letting them step up and a chance to assess your priorities. YCM has members with ideas, community involvement, and the 

--->time and activity<---

that the job demands. I think they should get a shot if the position doesn't make a difference to you.

If you really do want to do something about this negative climate that's pervaded the site, please start making strides. If not, you can step aside and be rest assured someone will step up in your place. That's not giving up, it's prioritizing your life. My friends won't give me shit for never beating a video game if I'm taking time out of my life to do something else instead, they let me live my life.

This whole essay (I actually wrote a damn essay shit...) is directed at each mod, but not out of any personalized context. I haven't been active lately, I don't know what that name-change drama's about and I don't give a shit. I don't know who's been doing what, who's in favor and who's not. 

Think hard about what you want to do...and go do it.

3bxRxYn.jpg

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

I am not afraid

• The Chariot
  • 26,455 posts
    Last Visit Today, 10:04 AM

Might have to reread through some of the other posts, but I think it's best to at least answer this one right now.

Since Winter brought it up, as did Cow, who do you think is the head of the team? Or are we a chicken without one?

I'd say you're a chicken without one. I was saying this to Winter in a status update this morning, but I frankly don't think there's really anyone in charge at the moment. Because Evilfusion was in charge, but while you and Sakura are both Super Mods, I'm not sure I could say either of you live up to that position the same way.

There was something a while ago when the general mod team was restructured, and some mods were demoted from Super Mods to regular mods. Though it wasn't because there were any problems, so much as the team really did just need a restructuring. I think there needs to be something similar now. Not necessarily removing or adding new mods, and I certainly have no interest in asking any particular mods to step down. More that I believe the current "hierarchy" of the mod team, such that it is, needs to be reevaluated.

Though it can be considered indicative of our site overall, I don't think we should pay much mind to things like this. The arbitrary hatred between different forums is no new thing. If someone got banned on another site for defending YCM, it speaks far more toward the incompetence of that forum's staff than it does that of our own.

EDIT: what the fuck do I always talk this fancy?

I'm inclined to agree with this. Going to avoid delving into my own personal experience here too much, but I will say that if some other forum hates us so much that they'll ban anyone who defends us, that's their problem, and not ours. I don't think anyone here should feel obligated to improve things just because some other forum doesn't like us.

But that isn't say we shouldn't improve things at all. We do have our issues, but that's for us to decide. This is our community. What difference does it make what some other forum thinks of the team here?

Posted Image

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 13,996 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

Would Bree even be willing to return @North & Black?

She mentioned this place was getting her down when she took her recent break

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

Tsumugi Shirogane

Tsumugi Shirogane

Fiction.

• Moderators

• 47,636 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie

Would Bree even be willing to return @North & Black?

She mentioned this place was getting her down when she took her recent break

The frustration with the team's handling of her potential return was part of the reason for leaving. She's also not the only one to receive such things and be left with radio silence, she just didn't press as hard as Cow did when the team's promises of discussion fell through. I assume she still would, though I won't speak for her, I'll aks her to post here later.

I'll be back later. We're currently DRV3ing.

You are an insane person and very creative.

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

I am not afraid

• The Chariot
  • 26,455 posts

I think evilfusion and Roxas are doing fine after recently stepping down

I'm sorry, but I'm not. I'm really not. I think it's best if I don't go into it, so I'll just leave it at that.

With Smear formally stepping down, let's look at the current mod team.

- YCMaker and Falling Pizza already don't count, since they're inactive.

- Broke. N is a Junior Mod.

- Dad and Zai are regular mods.

- We've got Flame, Sakura, and Night as are Supers. Really, these three in particular are why I'm suggesting the restructuring of the hierarchy.

Posted Image

J-Max

J-Max

Madolche Enthusiast

• Madolche
  • 13,221 posts
    Last Visit May 15 2018 10:19 AM
  • Spouse:ur mom

Thanks Fusion for the shoutout, means a lot to me man. Being relieved of my Mod duties was probally one of the best things to happen to me here. Too much stress due to RL stuff too.

As for the subject at hand. I see no 'we'. The team is supposed to work as a unit and I see no teamwork. With the shitstorm that happened recently with Dae and the issue that happened with Enguin, the mod team as a whole needs to improve. Can we give you time? Sure we can. I don't have any beef with any mod apart from Sakura. You need to come out of the shadows.more. The fact that we can't see when you are online means that we have no idea when you are available to PM and the like.

Also STOP just locking threads on a whim and even worse delete perfectly reasonable posts. Sorry to be like that as we go way back, but I had to relay my problems.

We also need some fresh people on the team. Maybe a month trial to see who fits the bill. Or how about a fresh take on recommendations. I'm sure that a lot of people have ideas for who would be a ideal candidate for the position.

Just my 50 pence. 

Posted Image

SK79LinkXyz

SK79LinkXyz

jamais vu is a serious matter......

• Advanced Members
  • 377 posts
    Last Visit 16 minutes ago
  • Alias:SK79LinkXyz

Members like to PM me about how much the mod team sucks. One person regularly does it and a handful will chime in here and there. I want a better picture though so I figure I'd open it up to the whole forum.

If think the team sucks use the space below to tell us why. I will be over seeing the thread to make sure things don't get to crazy. If you'd rather say something in private my PM inbox is always open.

You can thank me and many others like crow crow and j-max (Somehow I really fan the flames......)

I am glad we can get this out and in the opening to where we can resume the communications with the mods to create a better environment for us here on YCM.
"behold I shall be a blight upon this forum

and everything I touch shall wither and die."

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,312 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:43 PM
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

Sakura: What happened? I sometimes feel Sakura's mental health has been damaged. Not an attack, just a concern, they seem more stressed, more snippy, and less agreeable than they once were. They tend to get more defensive and have become a hell of a lot more rigid with rules that are, honestly, still very wobbly. I've already talked in my thread how bad this Dae stuff was, though forgot to mention that the locking of his threads showed that even that's not enough to get answers.

I got no excuse for what happened with the last couple incidents, even if I did have my own problems outside this site that plays a role in why I'm a lot harsher than usual.

Most of them pertain to either having to hear parents arguing about what one of my relatives on the mainland is doing sticking her nose into our business, and having to deal with internal arguing with parents at times or ranting about mundane home problems. There are some issues that piss me off at work (which usually pertains to customers/park guests at the water park being impatient/complaining in a similar vein), but those are rare. I have no control over this because yeah, things happen.

Couple that with several complaints / member problems from 2016-2017 and yeah, it doesn't mix well for handling general site matters...at all. 

(Custom Cards does not have this issue; I need to ask myself "why can't I be more open in general site stuff like I am when I manage my own section".)

Dae was owed an explanation with the name change, but at the time it was done, I could not render an immediate one. One should have been given upon returning, or rule 12 shouldn't have been invoked, given the circumstances. His threads were locked because the matter could've simply been taken up over PM (and I even quoted the rule that explained his name was changed), though an in-thread response was needed.

Well

I don't have a complaint with any specific mod, but I think the past couple years and the last 4-5 shitstorms I can think of all related to some sort of communication issue and the mods ultimately accepting responsibility and saying they should have handled the event better. That has been one recurring pattern, and the other is that there's a large, vocal dissatisfaction amongst the members with how things are.

I haven't gotten the sense that the mod team as a whole wants to address those concerns, it's more about riding out the storm behind an action taken or not taken. I've seen individual mods express their concerns and I myself have no personal issues with any of the mods right now, but I don't think those individual concerns carried out to the actions of the whole team. Like if I'm complaining to my Senator, they can help placate my concerns and I do believe that they are listening to me, do care, and want to help, but it's a matter of working with all of the other Senators to make something happen.

I suspect part of that is that it's always the same people participating in the discussions and demanding/suggesting change. It doesn't matter whether they're voicing absolutely legitimate concerns that should be considered or total bullshit, I think subconsciously there may have been a feeling amongst mods thinking "they're impossible to satisfy" and "it doesn't matter what we do" so there's little to no motivation to make an effort to work something out. It's become a vicious cycle created over time where members overreacted harshly albeit with good points and mods tried to make peace against the harsh tone and defend their new mod or tried making up for their mistake and meeting in the middle never quite worked out for either side. 

I guess what I want is for each mod to be honest with themselves and ask: do you still care?

If you don't, that is okay.

It is perfectly okay if you stopped giving a shit about a Yu-Gi-Oh! forum, that's more than okay! It's expected! You think any of us jackasses are gonna be here in 15-20 years? Why the hell would we? That's not crapping on YCM, it's just very unrealistic for this crowd to still be around when we're in our 30s and 40s. It's a phase of our lives and a phase in yours, do you want to be a mod here in 10 years? (If you do that's cool, I address that further down) I have seen generations of YCMers come and go at this point, people I talked with every day have moved on from this site for many years now and that's completely acceptable and the way life goes.

But if you do understand how you feel and accept you don't care anymore...move on and step down! Whether you go tend to real life or stick around the forum, there is no shame in not being a mod anymore. Just today, no one told Smear to not let the door hit him on the way out, they thanked him and left it at that.

Not being a mod anymore doesn't invalidate who you are, it shouldn't.

Like my buddy Black, he got on just fine after not being a mod anymore. You know who else did? J-Max, Icy, Striker, Yankee, Koko, Opal, Yui, Pika, Rinne, fucking Crab after getting banned, I think evilfusion and Roxas are doing fine after recently stepping down, same with Rai and Aix I'm assuming they're having a good life somewhere. I could go on.

If you do still care, and you want better for the forum, you have to show it. Actions speak louder than words.

Maybe that'll involve bugging your fellow mods to come online for a group meeting at this time or next week or whenever. Or it can be including an ETA like with the Birdie thing, "I understand you all are rallying for Birdie to rejoin, please give us about a week to get back to you." Even if you're telling someone they need to wait and it'll be another week because you need to hear from 3 more people, it's better to receive some form of acknowledgement than nothing at all. 

Maybe I'm underestimating the difficulty in doing this and rallying the troops. But I've seen ex-mods criticize the status quo like Black, Koko, Yui, and Roxas, so I believe their experience lends the perspective that change is doable, but isn't being done.

If you do care about being a mod and YCM, and you envision yourself being here a few more years and beyond, I ask that you not take the role for granted just because there's some unspoken tenure and recognize that members are feeling shunned and not really being listened to. 

And take note of this: all these members that come into these threads every time something happens care about the site and want to make changes to better the community and foster site growth. I can understand how it's difficult to separate the good intentions behind posts and only feeling attacked and that they're ungrateful. I work in customer service, I seriously get it. It can be a thankless job sometimes.

There is a generation ready to pick up where you left off. It's not about driving you out, it's about letting them step up and a chance to assess your priorities. YCM has members with ideas, community involvement, and the 

--->time and activity<---

that the job demands. I think they should get a shot if the position doesn't make a difference to you.

If you really do want to do something about this negative climate that's pervaded the site, please start making strides. If not, you can step aside and be rest assured someone will step up in your place. That's not giving up, it's prioritizing your life. My friends won't give me shit for never beating a video game if I'm taking time out of my life to do something else instead, they let me live my life.

This whole essay (I actually wrote a damn essay shit...) is directed at each mod, but not out of any personalized context. I haven't been active lately, I don't know what that name-change drama's about and I don't give a shit. I don't know who's been doing what, who's in favor and who's not. 

Think hard about what you want to do...and go do it.

For the most part, a lot of the reason why things aren't spelled out directly for you is derived from having to deal with the multiple complaints. Some of you do have legitimate ones (such as my major shortcomings), but even if we do implement changes and explain to you WHY they need to be changed, a couple of you aren't satisfied even with those. 

Recall what I mentioned in the other thread, albeit in a harsher tone than it should've been. If you don't continually argue with what we're trying to tell you (and it is legitimate), then we'd be more open to trying to work out a compromise between you want and what we want. Some complaints are fine, but not when it's on a daily basis and it's only one member doing all of it. 

With ABC's one, I addressed his suggestions and noted certain things that I could look into, but a few things cannot be moved due to general standards. I didn't make ALL the suggested changes, but at least the major ones that I said I would compromise on. At this point, I wasn't mad at him because he does have legitimate points and I conceded the fact that Casual is rather harsh for newer members, even though it was never intended to be. I do need to look over a few things though like I said I'd do earlier on.

=====

I really want to be a much kinder mod like I was in the past and live up to the expectations as a Super (which I promised I would do when I got this role), but it also relies on you not volleying complaints every so often about the site as a whole, especially when it becomes a forum-wide drama.

I don't like it when these events escalate to a full-blown drama thread, whether it's an individual decision or a group one. I honestly still care about this site, but to be blunt, having to read the complaints from the same users / trying to reason has made me get harsher on certain cases, and I don't like how that turned out on my end. 

Might have to reread through some of the other posts, but I think it's best to at least answer this one right now.

I'd say you're a chicken without one. I was saying this to Winter in a status update this morning, but I frankly don't think there's really anyone in charge at the moment. Because Evilfusion was in charge, but while you and Sakura are both Super Mods, I'm not sure I could say either of you live up to that position the same way.

There was something a while ago when the general mod team was restructured, and some mods were demoted from Super Mods to regular mods. Though it wasn't because there were any problems, so much as the team really did just need a restructuring. I think there needs to be something similar now. Not necessarily removing or adding new mods, and I certainly have no interest in asking any particular mods to step down. More that I believe the current "hierarchy" of the mod team, such that it is, needs to be reevaluated.

I'm not thrilled with my performance either, and like Yui already mentioned to me privately (and I addressed accordingly), I have a lot of work I need to do in being sociable. 

To answer J-Max's concerns:

Incognito mode

Unless it's during school hours, when I'm checking on this site during HW or definitely late night when I am sleeping, most of the time, I am online. Again, if you need to PM me, then you can just do it and I will get back to it when I am available or if I get to my box.

Locking threads

Pertaining to that thread pertaining to Enguin's ban that got locked, it was dealt that way because (1) the matter was already dealt with, and (2) it was pointless bumping to complain about how it was done, in the midst of another incident. 

=========

Honestly yeah, I've made a shit ton of mistakes during my modship (whether they were minor kinds of things or the massive headaches) and I am not pleased about any of them. I made a promise that I wouldn't screw up, but I already did it multiple times and it reflects horribly on me. I got no excuse for this, and that's something I need to fix, and definitely soon.

I need to improve on being more vocal about announcing decisions we make, either individually or as a team, especially if I am to be seen as one of the members leading this place while YCMaker is absent. Even if

That, and be more rational in overall decisions instead of acting on partial impulse. Finally, actually be able to take criticism. I'll admit that I don't particularly like it much, especially when I am trying to do my best with whatever I have to work with, but I'd rather have you guys PM me privately (or even get Flame/Night to relay it) instead of turning it into a massive complaint.

That being said, even if I admit that a lot of the shit I did was wrong and demonstrate resolve to go back to the old me that wasn't plagued with so much crap, there's far more that needs to be done. I won't sugarcoat this.

I'm not happy with the mod team being fractured as-is, myself included for not speaking up more and definitely getting myself into these messes. 

======

As for restructuring, Smear's demotion was being talked about amongst ourselves for a while, but just never brought to full light until recently. Flame and I both encouraged him to post a resignation thread as opposed to him being auto removed without taking care of final affairs. Or least I reached out to him last night about the matter. Yes, this should've been dealt with earlier. (Once Saturday comes around, the demotion proceedings will be finalized)

Quite honestly, I do wish that more of the staff would come on and weigh in on discussions, and getting fresh blood is always welcome.

Granted, we (or least I) have said that any mod selections are off until a thread comes up, but like I noted above, it's for us to get our own affairs in order before accepting a new colleague. This does involve getting the other active mods involved (because on average, it's usually Dad, Flame and myself talking about things on average; Broke. N contributes a bit nowadays) and then figuring out "what sections require a moderator or additional support" and figure out potential choices. This takes time, and I honestly cannot give a definitive ETA on when a decision can be rendered.

Hopefully it can be in a timely manner.

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 23,873 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:35 PM

This is a point I feel rings very true. As Sakura said we've been talking about Smear stepping down for some time. In fact, I'm pretty sure it predates when everyone started talking about it by a couple days. I honestly believe part of the reason it got delayed is because of stubbornness and not wanting to seem like team was giving into the mob.

The restructuring was more or less creating a new hierarchy. The ways Mod/Super Mod worked was if you were the "Video Games" Mod you could only moderate posts in VG while a Super has the ability to do it in all sections. It was changed so all Mods basically became Supers and Supers were given increased access to the Admin CP. The Supers were also the ones that had more weight in various mod discussions. If memory serves we normally only had 2 Supers.
cZx2XQg.png
FC: 0989-1906-1912

(Mizzet)

(Mizzet)

Firemind

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,263 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon

Some complaints are fine, but not when it's on a daily basis and it's only one member doing all of it.

Cherry picking this right here.

I'm tired of hearing this.

This has been said by you a decent amount, it's been said by Zai a ton, and evilfusion brought it up occasionally as well. You talk about how the member base wouldn't be happy no matter what you do, but you have nothing to back this up. This isn't a case of "members being mad no matter what the team does". This is members being mad because the team does the exact same thing again and again. Before you complain about how no amount of improvement would satisfy the member base, try improving a nonzero amount.

And to say that these compaints are from only one member is absurd. This thread proves that more than just a minority can see the mistakes the mod team is making. Hell, multiple people who were on the team recently echo that it's just as bad on the inside, and current team members echo the overwhelming lack of internal communication.

So no, I'm not going to stop pointing out when faults are made. I'm not going to act like all the concerns people bring up are overblown. If you want to stop being criticized, stop giving people so much reason to criticize you.

If they bring up an issue that isn't really a problem, don't tell them. Show them.

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 13,996 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Literally what?

The Enguin thing wasn't dealt with. You guys justified his ban to start saying he already had a temp ban and that he didn't learn.

Newflash, he didn't have a temp ban, and the mod in question told him the temp ban was wrong and revoked. 

ie, you guys lied about your initial justification for banning him. It's closed if we take you guys saying "deal with it" as an acceptable answer. Something that is doubly uncertain given how flimsy your initial case was

There have been a ton of necros that have been locked. You know what hasn't happened to them? Hiding post that make the mod team look bad.

soviet-censorship-naval-commissar-vanish

^^

That's what it looks like was going on here, not a procedural necro lock. If it was procedural, Dad would not have responded with "WTF" when Black and I confronted him about your actions

You clearly didn't consult the team or anyone before acting, and now you're acting like its our fault for daring to call you out.

I also don't appreciate this excuse about your behavior being a recent phenomenon. We were talking pretty amicably right up till you decide to unload on me after evil gave everyone cover for banning me last year sakura. There's a ton of defense you can mount, but trying to pass off this phase of poor transparency as a recent phenomenon is dishonest.

Again, if life is super busy and stressful, I don't get why you guys insist on struggling in life and doing shoddy jobs as mods? 

Finally, there's no reason to be passive aggressive, name the "one person" who's been going for your head in this. It certainly wasn't me even post Dae's sig change. In fact I was the person who noted the name change was likely innocent given you used to do the same thing to my sig. You're really making me regret standing up for you with this self pity act

Proof:

I don't know who used to do it, and I really didn't mind, but someone used to add El-Shaddoll Construct to my profile and type in "Free Construct"

I love shaddolls, miss construct, and agree with the sentiment, but someone used to do it without asking me

I can't help but think that Dae's name change was done without malicious intent, but regardless, they should have asked for his permission given he no longer was part of the fun times thing

bngoeJd.gif

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

I am not afraid

• The Chariot
  • 26,455 posts

I'm not thrilled with my performance either, and like Yui already mentioned to me privately (and I addressed accordingly), I have a lot of work I need to do in being sociable.

I can settle for that. As I've already said, I like the idea of each mod improving their PR skills, and being more sociable would help. They're not quite the same thing, but I believe social skills would do well to serve for PR. Think of them as short and long term goals.

The restructuring was more or less creating a new hierarchy. The ways Mod/Super Mod worked was if you were the "Video Games" Mod you could only moderate posts in VG while a Super has the ability to do it in all sections. It was changed so all Mods basically became Supers and Supers were given increased access to the Admin CP. The Supers were also the ones that had more weight in various mod discussions. If memory serves we normally only had 2 Supers.

Right. I think that restructuring was good, and while the current team is much different than the team at the team, both in the exact roster as well as pure quantity, something similar should be done here, albeit on a smaller scale.

Essentially, maintain the idea of all mods basically becoming Supers, but the actual Supers are my major point of concern here. I can't really argue with what you said about there only being 2 Supers, but I do think that should be the case right now.

I think at least one of the Supers should be demoted to the rank of a "regular" mod. I'm not quite asking for calling someone's head completely, but a new hierarchy does need to be established now. I don't think it'll fix everything, but I think we need at least a stepping stone.

For me, it's less about getting new blood on the team or what have you, but getting the current team to actually step up their game. Adding or subtracting mods doesn't matter if the structure is inherently wrong.

Posted Image

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 13,996 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Having a new team of players that are more willing to accept criticism without going defensive would work too. We obviously need an Evilfusion like figure that's willing to slap down the team when they act on their worse impulses

But starting over given the constant strife that's gone on with this team might not be the worse idea. No sakura, it's not one member. There are multiples in this thread alone, and they're not my cronies

At some pt one needs to accept maybe the problem is internal. Not sure how many more people need to leave or quit the mod team because of how you guys have been acting for y'all to accept this

I can settle for that. As I've already said, I like the idea of each mod improving their PR skills, and being more sociable would help. They're not quite the same thing, but I believe social skills would do well to serve for PR. Think of them as short and long term goals.

Right. I think that restructuring was good, and while the current team is much different than the team at the team, both in the exact roster as well as pure quantity, something similar should be done here, albeit on a smaller scale.

Essentially, maintain the idea of all mods basically becoming Supers, but the actual Supers are my major point of concern here. I can't really argue with what you said about there only being 2 Supers, but I do think that should be the case right now.

I think at least one of the Supers should be demoted to the rank of a "regular" mod. I'm not quite asking for calling someone's head completely, but a new hierarchy does need to be established now. I don't think it'll fix everything, but I think we need at least a stepping stone.

For me, it's less about getting new blood on the team or what have you, but getting the current team to actually step up their game. Adding or subtracting mods doesn't matter if the structure is inherently wrong.

Night basically doesn't exist 

Sidenote:

It's honestly super disappointing that only Flame and Dad have so far not responded with "well you guys suck too"

bngoeJd.gif

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

I am not afraid

• The Chariot
  • 26,455 posts

Night basically doesn't exist 

I mean, the solution I could offer there is to just demote Night entirely, and then Flame and Sakura can be our two Supers, but that seems a little extreme, so I'd rather not actively push for that just yet.

To play devil's advocate for a moment, the issue with the mod team is that, as far as the team is concerned, nothing they do will ever be good enough. Putting aside whether or not you believe that, I think the best course here is to at least offer more restrained demands. It wouldn't be making concessions on what we actually want when all is said and done, more just trying to meet them half way.

You want something done? Okay, now understand why the mods might be reluctant to agree to that. For example, if the suggestion were to kick Night off the team entirely, but the team doesn't want to kick him off, I think one "compromise" (If you can call it that) is to reduce Night to a regular mod. It doesn't completely remove Night from the team, but I think it placates any mod who at least wants Night to stay on the team, while also perhaps opening the door to Night leaving the team entirely.

Maybe not a good example, or one I explained very well, but generally, I have to wonder if the team thinks people are just demanding way too much. So, I don't know, maybe break things down into a smaller, step-by-step process, and try to at least get through Step 1 before asking what a mod might end up treating as Step 7?

• Yui likes this

Posted Image

Dad

Dad

I was just hoping you know.

• Juice

• 14,708 posts
    Last Visit 6 minutes ago
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

Maybe not a good example, or one I explained very well, but generally, I have to wonder if the team thinks people are just demanding way too much. So, I don't know, maybe break things down into a smaller, step-by-step process, and try to at least get through Step 1 before asking what a mod might end up treating as Step 7?

Let me go a step further and admit that this is bullshit.  It's not too difficult.  We just haven't actually done anything regarding those demands yet.

These complaints are (for the most part) perfectly just.  People feel stepped on.  They feel like their voices aren't be heard, but instead, ignored.  That's why things haven't gotten to this point yet again.  And I'm part of that problem.  Arguably I'd like to think that's minor but if one of us takes the blame I think we all should.  One of us should've checked the other when it comes to shit like Dae's situation.  But we didn't.  And look where we are again.  It's time to switch it up like switches in a 64' impala.

Drowning in your silence.

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neow

• Moderators
  • 11,587 posts
    Last Visit 6 minutes ago
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

I mean, the solution I could offer there is to just demote Night entirely, and then Flame and Sakura can be our two Supers, but that seems a little extreme, so I'd rather not actively push for that just yet.

To play devil's advocate for a moment, the issue with the mod team is that, as far as the team is concerned, nothing they do will ever be good enough. Putting aside whether or not you believe that, I think the best course here is to at least offer more restrained demands. It wouldn't be making concessions on what we actually want when all is said and done, more just trying to meet them half way.

You want something done? Okay, now understand why the mods might be reluctant to agree to that. For example, if the suggestion were to kick Night off the team entirely, but the team doesn't want to kick him off, I think one "compromise" (If you can call it that) is to reduce Night to a regular mod. It doesn't completely remove Night from the team, but I think it placates any mod who at least wants Night to stay on the team, while also perhaps opening the door to Night leaving the team entirely.

From what I've gathered there was a point where Night was demoted to regular mod but then he came back and idk what happened but he became super again.

8PBUpdp.gif

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

I am not afraid

• The Chariot
  • 26,455 posts

Let me go a step further and admit that this is bullshit.  It's not too difficult.  We just haven't actually done anything regarding those demands yet.

These complaints are (for the most part) perfectly just.  People feel stepped on.  They feel like their voices aren't be heard, but instead, ignored.  That's why things haven't gotten to this point yet again.  And I'm part of that problem.  Arguably I'd like to think that's minor but if one of us takes the blame I think we all should.  One of us should've checked the other when it comes to shit like Dae's situation.  But we didn't.  And look where we are again.  It's time to switch it up like switches in a 64' impala.

The problem is that solutions are offered, agreed to, and then apparently rarely followed up on. So, yes, it is time to switch it up. The question is, will you actually do it?

From what I've gathered there was a point where Night was demoted to regular mod but then he came back and idk what happened but he became super again.

...Well then.

Not sure why Night became a Super again, but given what I've been talking about, that sounds like a decision that may need to be overturned.

Posted Image

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 13,996 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
By Sakura's own admission. Only 3 mods even discuss stuff. There's a lot of fluff that can be trimmed and replaced

I also have serious problems with Sakura and his ability to interact with the public. Zai atleast does lip service before vanishing.

We have been moderate? Or atleast most people have. Cow and Giga shut down my call elections. Birdie for mod got stalmented. Cowcow for mod got lost in PMs. Downgrade enguin's ban was ignored despite the prosecutions case falling apart. Now is the era for change

We also need mods who will follow the rules to the letter. So far that's just flame

bngoeJd.gif

Dad

Dad

I was just hoping you know.

• Juice

• 14,708 posts
    Last Visit 6 minutes ago
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop
If you want to be blindly obeyed, look for another forum. If Flame was the only one following the rules to a T, we wouldn't have individual voices.

Perfection doesn't exist. It won't happen. If the rules could be followed perfectly, this mod team wouldn't exist. But that's not case nor will it ever be.

You should prepare yourself for that.

Drowning in your silence.

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 13,996 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

If you want to be blindly obeyed, look for another forum. If Flame was the only one following the rules to a T, we wouldn't have individual voices.
Perfection doesn't exist. It won't happen. If the rules could be followed perfectly, this mod team wouldn't exist. But that's not case nor will it ever be.
You should prepare yourself for that.

Flame was the only one that expressed any discontent with ignoring the ban shedual for Enguin and jumping to perma. The rest of you were happily sharpening the guillotine while feeding us bs that he was already repeated banned

We're not talking about minor leverage here. You guys lied, and justified your actions on lies.

If you can't uphold your word even to a modest degree. Don't agree to shit. No one forced you all to accept the Giga-Cowcow reformed rules. Hell, you personally even cited them when justifying my ban saying ignoring them was a special case for me. Another issue is you guys tell us stuff and never follow through. Night on Zai is an example. The stalled reforms are another. Honestly not sure what you guys are doing.

It's not like we're losing our shit over one incident. You guys fuck up near daily, and then some of you have the gall to blame us for being "mean"

bngoeJd.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users