Photo

Complaints Go Here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

Hi I'm Dad

Hi I'm Dad

There will be no prison which can hold our movement down.

• Moderators
  • 14,117 posts
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

Y'all motherfackers write too much dangnabit

Anyway, wow there were three posts since I started reading this page....

So it seems that the general idea is that we really do need a sorta power shift, which has been the theme throughout this thread.

I'd like to note that in my experience the mod team in general seems really really really intent on not adding more mods for reasons I don't understand so I'd like to hear from them why they think the smaller number is preferred.

Give me 24 hours and you'll have an answer.

lhRwFoL.jpg

Fuck your flag.

White

White

• Night's Watch
  • 12,133 posts
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Life and Death

The only thing that can justify this is that his section has so little activity that it doesn't currently need his attention.  Even then, I can't fight for Night.

It really goes back to the thing I've been saying. This isn't some super vital job that will define your life. But you owe it to the community to perform to your best levels. If you cannot, for ANY reason, be it life, health, school, etc. it's incumbent on you to step down to let someone do the job better than you currently can

That's not meant as a slap on you (you being any mod in the above situation), but rather an acceptance of reality. Black mentioned I'm being too hot in my critique, but I'm going to bluntly say it. I feel a number of people on the mod team care more about securing or preserving their modship than they do about YCM's future 

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Kazooie

Kazooie

Tired

• Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts
  • Discord:Kazooie#4258
  • Alias:Birdie
  • Spouse:Black & Melody

I agree with this. The way I see it, the team has given a good reason for why it could be abolished. However, until they can live up to that, it shouldn't be abolished. Either abolish the position, and have every mod improve their PR skills, or if the rest of the team cannot be more reliable for communication, then we are going to need a dedicated PR mod. Pick one option or the other, because right now, it just seems like the team has picked the worst part of both.

Preeetty much, yep. The mod team could maybe get to the point where it could handle it individually. But... The issue with that is that each person has a different view on things.

That's why I pushed for the PR thing. Having everything condensed down to one source, and having it given all at the same time, is immensely helpful to communicating between members and mods. Otherwise, you have like, six or seven different sources coming from the mods on what's going on, things get jumbled up, and communication becomes "Well, I heard this. But this other guy heard the exact opposite from another mod" and it's happened before.

That's why I think, even if the team could mostly be trusted to handle it without a position for it, it would still probably be better in the long term cause it's easier to organize when one-or-two people are handling the organization of different view points, so that it all gets communicated cleanly.

So I wanna say something real quick since the topic is being touched on.  This bit about "getting someone to challenge us" is something I'm pitching in the forum (something I started early last night either right before or after Black's status (at least I think it was Black)).  

I haven't taken it up with the rest of the team to even mention some of this yet in public, but I'll take my lickings if I need to.  Ain't nun.  But before I make another announcement I will go back to the mod forum.  This one is a little bit more sensitive so I can't afford to fuck it up.  Just expect something hopefully within 24 hours.  No promises.

Good shit, I like this. This is communication and it's good to hear! Keep us updated on how the discussion goes, when it becomes relevant dude.

Holy shit Birdie. I want to rep that post but hit my daily limit; everyone rep her because she deserves it.

If you're suggesting the team needs a PR mod or two again, I don't mind stepping up to the plate (and not backing down like last year). Correct me if I'm wrong or point it out if I'm just blindly tooting my own horn here, but I seemed to be one of the more well-liked mods while I was briefly on the team, which is important for the position, as well as one of the preferred picks for PR when it first happened (not gonna touch on the negatives of that whole thing; 2018's a year for optimism and good things!). Running General and Debates during Dad's hiatus also familiarized me with the section people seemed most concerned about me having to get involved with, and it all went pretty smoothly. No reason they can't bring you back as a PR mod too, come to think of it.

Also, rewinding a bit so that this isn't entirely about PR (I probably came off as kinda eager to grab the job; this isn't quite the case).

I'm glad my post didn't come across as inane, sleep depraved rambling after all! I think given everything that's happened, reopening the position is probably a good place to start. Proper communication is the base of getting everything sorted out. I believed that before, and I still believe that's the case.

Can someone please justify why Night should remain a mod?

Like I somewhat get people feeling bad for Zai, but people have been calling for Night to step down for almost 2 years now. Aix's literal resignation post was about how Night hasn't  been doing anything. Like c'mon, he might be iconic or something. Give him a member group. I'm just not seeing what he's done recently to merit a Showcase mod spot. A position that anyone from Thar to Dae to Tormy merit more

This isn't a sentimental affair guys. (1) is X doing their job 

Y- retain

N- sack

Seems to me the the team and certain members are hellbent on keeping the current mod team alive in some way or the other even if it means putting people into pointless positions 

Unfortunately, like Josh mentioned in his post, the issue with demodding Night is that the moment it was discussed and began to be put into effect, he appeared the next day and demanded to be back in his Super Mod position. It's impossible to come to a clear decision on what to do there, since he can just show up again like that, even though I agree he probably shouldn't be part of the team now. 

We can't talk to him cause he only shows up if he's in risk of losing his position, which goes back to maintaining the status quo over making actual progress.

It really goes back to the thing I've been saying. This isn't some super vital job that will define your life. But you owe it to the community to perform to your best levels. If you cannot, for ANY reason, be it life, health, school, etc. it's incumbent on you to step down to let someone do the job better than you currently can

That's not meant as a slap on you (you being any mod in the above situation), but rather an acceptance of reality. Black mentioned I'm being too hot in my critique, but I'm going to bluntly say it. I feel a number of people on the mod team care more about securing or preserving their modship than they do about YCM's future 

I don't feel like this is too hotheaded, honestly, I essentially said the same thing in my post. Part of the issue with downsizing, with no plan to replace the inactive mods, definitely felt like it was because there was concern over losing their position as a result of it, when all it would've done really is bring in new blood to make discussions more open to alternatives.

It's a legitimate concern, and that's why I'm pushing to expand the mod team more once the proper hierarchy has been established... And figuring out how the Night thing is going to be handled.

tumblr_inline_oyk1gkC3gE1rf2gbc_250.gif

Lord CowCow

Lord CowCow

A Wistful Breeze; A Lingering Melody

• S.S. Showdown
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,806 posts
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Night if you're reading this you're a cool dude, remember that.

If that fossil comes back to demand his position back again without good reason, kick him out entirely, use that super mod power, if he's going to do something as petty as demand to be a Super instead of regular Mod for no real reason he shouldn't be a Mod at all.

Posted Image

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Forward

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,913 posts

Unfortunately, like Josh mentioned in his post, the issue with demodding Night is that the moment it was discussed and began to be put into effect, he appeared the next day and demanded to be back in his Super Mod position. It's impossible to come to a clear decision on what to do there, since he can just show up again like that, even though I agree he probably shouldn't be part of the team now. 

We can't talk to him cause he only shows up if he's in risk of losing his position, which goes back to maintaining the status quo over making actual progress.

On the one hand, I kind of understand the concern, but just because Night could come crawling back and demand to be a Super again doesn't necessarily mean he'd get it. No one should cave in and let him have the job back.

If he shows up when he's at risk of losing his position, then here's the ultimatum you offer: He is definitely not going to be a Super. That's the bare minimum. If he throws a fit about that, as if he can't accept even being a regular moderator, then like Cow said, he shouldn't be a mod at all.

tumblr_inline_ot9go8xoBd1r7t2ot_540.gif

Kokichi Oma

Kokichi Oma

I... wasn't boring.

• Performa✩Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,863 posts
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie

I think... most of the immediately important stuff has been covered, though we may have missed something... so for now, I’d like to hear about:

Give me 24 hours and you'll have an answer.

This here. It’s fine that it took more than 24 hours, especially given that you got that news yesterday, but it still seems important for something to keep all this unity and desire for progress to not just.... fizzle out again.

Lies (Spoiler)

HulktySSJ2

HulktySSJ2

Click on my Sig!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

The Card Maker.

Hulkty's DeviantART

Dragonball, Eternal Journey Set

Hulkty's Dragonball/Z/GT/AF Animations

Hi I'm Dad

Hi I'm Dad

There will be no prison which can hold our movement down.

• Moderators
  • 14,117 posts
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

The Card Maker.

While the title of the thread is generic, it's about moderation and staff complaints. In addition, we do not have a way, on our own, to repairthe cardmaker. I apologize but please take those complaints to a different thread.

lhRwFoL.jpg

Fuck your flag.

White

White

• Night's Watch
  • 12,133 posts
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Life and Death

The Card Maker.

While the title of the thread is generic, it's about moderation and staff complaints. In addition, we do not have a way, on our own, to repairthe cardmaker. I apologize but please take those complaints to a different thread.

Striker and dova are working on it. You might be better suited to ask them imo than the mod team

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users