Complaints Go Here

One of those many underlying problems is that our admin is absent and there's things only he can fix. He pops in once a year for revenues' sake then vanishes.

I agree that Flame is our defacto leader. But there are many things Sakura does better when compared to Flame. They compliment each other. I think maybe changing Flame's title (as you all recommended) would be more appropriate. If he can promote himself to admin somehow, he'd certainly have my support.

We can technically promote ourselves (Supers anyway) to admin and back, but that's only in title and doesn't really give us further access than what we already got, except to maybe even more sensitive stuff. 

As for the staff thread, I do need to clean it, but with the way the mod thing is set up, unless you're a local mod and get assigned to the section manually via the ACP, it'll only show you as being responsible for all forums. Doing that also allows us to deal with issues outside our assigned areas. 

With Black and Cow being noted under "Other", those two will be moved to appropriate areas when section needs are determined.

====

I'll reply to inquiries about this in a couple hours; I cannot do so at the moment because I typed this during my short break between classes.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think we overuse the excuse that YCMaker isn't around as an excuse to not actually attempt to change certain things, but I would agree that certain things aren't changeable. That being said my understanding of the Super Mod position is that it has the exact same acp perms as the admin role so it shouldn't make any difference.

Worst case scenario you should be able to create a "support" ticket which will generate a Invision admin account, then you can go into the member list and modify the password on there and THEN login to the invision admin account and change what you need that way.

Ninja'd by Sakura, so Flame could just self-promote to Admin.

I do think we overuse the excuse that YCMaker isn't around as an excuse to not actually attempt to change certain things, but I would agree that certain things aren't changeable. That being said my understanding of the Super Mod position is that it has the exact same acp perms as the admin role so it shouldn't make any difference.

Worst case scenario you should be able to create a "support" ticket which will generate a Invision admin account, then you can go into the member list and modify the password on there and THEN login to the invision admin account and change what you need that way.

We're not. Striker and dova are recoding the cardmaker from scratch. We just held legit democratic elections. We're making a lot of progress

We're not. Striker and dova are recoding the cardmaker from scratch. We just held legit democratic elections. We're making a lot of progress

Which I'm glad, and I've seen the progress that is being made, and it's good progress. I just know for certain, that in the past, rather than actually looking into alternatives for solutions we have just swept it under the rug as it's something only "YCMaker" can do.

Which I'm glad, and I've seen the progress that is being made, and it's good progress. I just know for certain, that in the past, rather than actually looking into alternatives for solutions we have just swept it under the rug as it's something only "YCMaker" can do.

Evil mentioned the password for the lights randomly turns off and on. Just need someone to keep trying it daily. Or, we could Crab, log in as YCMaker and do things. I doubt the team will do the latter

Evil mentioned the password for the lights randomly turns off and on. Just need someone to keep trying it daily. Or, we could Crab, log in as YCMaker and do things. I doubt the team will do the latter

As I said, it should be possible to edit any users password so long as you have access to the ACP so it could, in theory, be done for both YCMakers and FallingPIzza's accounts. That being said I doubt they would have too much additional access to the backend as I would imagine that the forum is being run off of a VPS rather than being hosted by invision themselves (which is why the forum is so out of date) which would mean that all of the forum files which make it run are local and therefore not something managed by invision themselves.

As I said, it should be possible to edit any users password so long as you have access to the ACP so it could, in theory, be done for both YCMakers and FallingPIzza's accounts. That being said I doubt they would have too much additional access to the backend as I would imagine that the forum is being run off of a VPS rather than being hosted by invision themselves (which is why the forum is so out of date) which would mean that all of the forum files which make it run are local and therefore not something managed by invision themselves.

Only one way to find out

Just q if people have the balls to do it

I've been checking for the past couple months; the Look & Feel still asks for a password, even after I self-promote just to check. So yeah, if it weren't asking for a password, I would've given you guys the lights or if we did have a logo contest, just add it. Can keep trying, but likely will be same situation.

Looking at a lot of the messages, YCMaker's license expired a while back so IDK if that has anything to do with it.

====

Would be nice if YCMaker showed up to address the backlog of problems from spring 2016 up to now, but you know how dead he is.

As for the cardmaker, it's coming together for the most part. Current phase is rendering the text onto cards so it doesn't shrink to really small sizes after you write a certain amount of text. (You all know about how ours does that after maybe 5-6 lines).

Besides that, can't really give any more progress checks, because it's slow. That being said though, even if it does come together in the end, we still have to update the coding to the cardmaker, and that is also locked in the Look & Feel.

I've been checking for the past couple months; the Look & Feel still asks for a password, even after I self-promote just to check. So yeah, if it weren't asking for a password, I would've given you guys the lights or if we did have a logo contest, just add it. Can keep trying, but likely will be same situation.

Looking at a lot of the messages, YCMaker's license expired a while back so IDK if that has anything to do with it.

====

Would be nice if YCMaker showed up to address the backlog of problems from spring 2016 up to now, but you know how dead he is.

As for the cardmaker, it's coming together for the most part. Current phase is rendering the text onto cards so it doesn't shrink to really small sizes after you write a certain amount of text. (You all know about how ours does that after maybe 5-6 lines).

Besides that, can't really give any more progress checks, because it's slow. That being said though, even if it does come together in the end, we still have to update the coding to the cardmaker, and that is also locked in the Look & Feel.

I'll extend this offer once more, I have no qualms looking at the ACP and figuring out what I can do with it, believe it or not, I have had nothing but interest in supporting this place, my annoyance comes from the hindrance of my assistance, especially considering I'm clearly the most knowledgeable on the subject.

It doesn't even need to be in an official "staff" sense, just give me the super group and I'll see what is and isn't available and what I can get access too, discuss it with the team.

I'm trying to help you.

I'd probably have to talk it over with Flame first if he's comfortable with the idea, but I don't mind giving access to the ACP if it'll help you figure out what's going on.

Of course, converse with who it is necessary to converse with, I have a bit of spare time during my work days so I'll have a play around then (which is where I am currently) just let me know when the permission settings are properly setup.

I'd probably have to talk it over with Flame first if he's comfortable with the idea, but I don't mind giving access to the ACP if it'll help you figure out what's going on.

YCjaWHQ.png

So I have access to the Look & Feel section? Without the need for a password, which is a good start.

As of right now, I can get in without needing a password too. So it might be something in the internal Super Mod permissions. 

It appeared to be locked out perm until an admin accessed it as when I gave myself the admin group as a test to see if it bypassed it, it did, and no password is required.

Alright to update everyone on my findings, I do believe the vast majority of our issues stem from not having an active license key and therefore everything being a buggy mess, that being said we can purchase a https://invisioncommunity.com/buy/self-hosted version which would come with a license which could be used on this website, the issue is, I'm not about to fork out $200 on my own ESPECIALLY for someone else's website in which I would have next to no actual backend access, I'm not talking ACP I'm talking actual server files hosted on a VPS/Server. (To clarify this would only fix issues pertaining to the website and not the cardmaker itself, obviously)

In some good news though, I do have the ability to add some extensions, troubleshoot some of our actual site issues, play around with themes to get us a bit more modernized and I'm sure there is a whole myriad of things that I could add on/change but I'm not going to start adding and fixing things without the staff teams consent, especially considering I did just ask for the ACP to have a look.

Let me know your thoughts.

OH ALSO! I could disable the Ad system so YCMaker stops earning cash from the place, that would be fun.

Yes, please do give a middle finger to YCMaker. He doesn't deserve to get Ad revenue from this place without putting the minimum effort of maintenance. And yes, please modernize YCM.

I agree. YCMaker last logged in over 9 months ago. Let him squirm. Thanks Tormented for looking into things for us.

OH ALSO! I could disable the Ad system so YCMaker stops earning cash from the place, that would be fun.

I totally get why you'd want to do this. I do. It would at the very least get YCMaker to come over and check on the site. But I really don't think you should do that. End of the day this is still his site and I messing with his monetization of it is wrong.

Issue with cutting off ad revenue from this site is YCMaker coming over here and shutting the whole place down once he finds out, but seriously, it'd help if he at least check it on this place from time to time. Oh hell, Falling Pizza literally hasn't logged on since Halloween 2016 if that says anything.

Agreeing with Flame that we shouldn't be doing it for above reason.

====

Definitely fine with modernizing YCM. 

It was viglink and it appeared that the API key it had was actually corrupt anyway, so changing it has no impact on anything. Fun to dream though.

I will look at adding a theme or something of that sort, currently speaking with my weird access levels it does get caught every now and again, so not sure if I could just be given the full access to the ACP so I can do my best to try and combat some issues (I understand for the sake of security you guys want it slightly limited, so do what you will)

Also because we have no valid License Key it means that I don't have access to the visual editor (which makes things way easier), so doing it all via the power of CSS.

Of course, I was just inherently testing the capability to actually use these plugins and in effect bring some new life in... again without an appropriate form to discuss these (I'd prefer not to be spamming the complaint thread)

I'm unsure where the best place would be to talk about it, especially directly to staff... I've disabled the Name Effects and @ing people temporarily until we can come to an agreement on the best place to discuss changes that I'm looking at making.

Archived