Complaints Go Here

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been discussed.

Most are in favor of keeping it as is for now.

Also we learned we can't make specific sections filter free :(

Of course, of course! Okay, let's try this from a different angle.

Instead of getting rid of the filter, why don't you lower the requirements? Like 1000 posts or something? No one is getting to 10,000 any time soon. And I know you all wanna favor the older members, but throw the newer ones a bone. You won't keep people around if it feels like you discriminating against the new people.

Side note, according to the list of the number of posts that determine you position, I should be an Elite Member, but I am only Advanced (which I have been for over a year now) So even our titles are buggy.

By the posting requirements, you would have the Elite Member as a default user TITLE, if you choose not to have a custom one. However, the Advanced Member GROUP lasts until you hit 5,000 posts (more specifically, if you have 150 - 4,999 posts; the 3-5 star ranges).

The Level 3 rank or the Advanced group may need renaming to avoid confusion, but yeah, it isn't broken.

iU8EggM.png

As for reducing the filters for general groups, they have to be done via groups and they're already set in that guide thread.

(https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/328183-a-guide-to-ycms-ranking-system/)

Member: 0 - 149 posts (1 and 2 stars)

Advanced Member: 150 - 4,999 posts (3 through 5 stars)

Senior Member: 5,000 - 9,999 posts (6 stars)

Legendary Member: 10,000+ posts (7 stars)

I would be willing to lower it to Advanced members, but obviously, it isn't solely my decision to do this and would require another discussion with the rest of the team. Or just remove the "tame" swear words from the filter; major ones are probably the racial slurs, the f-bomb and some other stuff. 

Or break Advanced into two groups [current one stays for 3-4 stars, and 1,000 - 4,999 get a new one that can have the filter removed].

(Please note that the groups do not automatically update; if your post count falls into a higher group and you are listed as either Member or Advanced, you need to post again to have it reflect your correct one.)

Dae, I specifically told you to not spam in that user's thread (and the general rules of spamming apply). If your post is considered to be spam, which it was, then it will be removed. As I told you before, your other posts were removed by Cow and Dad; NOT me. I wasn't online when someone reported your other posts for spamming. 

Other members were also dealt with; you weren't singled out for being you.

My case:

https://forum.yugioh...ello/?p=7076648

yes, the rules do say, at minimum write more than just a "hello and welcome", but no one called out those others and I was specifically targeted by Sakura. It is unjust if I am targeted and others are not, after the rules change. Her spam was not fair.

I admit to my posts being "spam" under new rules, but you have not done anything to present this to other members in the way that I have been dealt. I take responsibility to my posts being spammed and they were handled.

My case:

https://forum.yugioh...ello/?p=7076648

yes, the rules do say, at minimum write more than just a "hello and welcome", but no one called out those others and I was specifically targeted by Sakura. It is unjust if I am targeted and others are not, after the rules change. Her spam was not fair.

I admit to my posts being "spam" under new rules, but you have not done anything to present this to other members in the way that I have been dealt. I take responsibility to my posts being spammed and they were handled.

They don't need to.

Enguin was never presented with warning before that he would be dealt with vastly differently than everyone else before him.

Just suck it up. This is why variable standards suck

Given a lot of shitposting regarding power abuse, such as SK79LinkXyz's last post in this thread, or Cow's own posts elsewhere, it's really making it difficult to see what's a legitimate complaint in this thread, or if people are really just shitposting.

And sometimes it's not necessarily variable standards. There are people who just stir the pot to see how much they can get away with, while others aren't so eager to test those limits. Rather than variable standards being applied, it's the same standards being applied across the board, and it's a matter of who has stepped out of line more often than others.

So please be more careful with distributing all blame towards the mods, and be more willing to accept the circumstances when it is a member who stepped out of line and received due warnings or punishments. And save shitposting for other topics, rather than disrupting the conversation here.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding Tormented becoming having a place on the staff team.  This time will be used to voice any concerns members may have regarding Tormented.

Things to note:

• Flame has not yet rendered his own decision.
  • There are two notable votes in favor of adding Tormented to staff, including myself and Sakura.
  • Everything else is up in the air.

Right now, we should clear the air.  If you have any concerns regarding Tormented being added to the staff team, no matter how small or large, please discuss them with us.  

Yo Dad, you forgot to post what you're actually talking about for the people that don't read the mod report thread. In case you haven't edited it or someone hasn't posted before me and filled everyone in, the team is pondering the possibility of adding Tormented to the team as a full-time moderator. Now then, my two cents.

With the utmost respect for Torm and the work he'd put in for this site lately, I'm against this idea of putting him into the mod team, for now anyway. Black and CowCow have apparently not quite finished their trial periods as junior moderators yet, and we're already thinking of putting Torm on? It's a bit soon for that. Plus, while he's perfectly capable of fixing the site (or at least, the bits that he can fix), how do we know he'll do such a good job at helping run the site? I'm not saying he's incapable of it, but is Torm what the mod team needs to help run the place, or what the place itself needs to get it back into at least mildly working order? Those two things are rather different.

What section (if any) would he even be in charge of? Showcase? Night's already got that, and unfortunately, despite his inactivity, he has the section under control because there's nothing to keep under control.

Yo Dad, you forgot to post what you're actually talking about for the people that don't read the mod report thread. In case you haven't edited it or someone hasn't posted before me and filled everyone in, the team is pondering the possibility of adding Tormented to the team as a full-time moderator. Now then, my two cents.

With the utmost respect for Torm and the work he'd put in for this site lately, I'm against this idea of putting him into the mod team, for now anyway. Black and CowCow have apparently not quite finished their trial periods as junior moderators yet, and we're already thinking of putting Torm on? It's a bit soon for that. Plus, while he's perfectly capable of fixing the site (or at least, the bits that he can fix), how do we know he'll do such a good job at helping run the site? I'm not saying he's incapable of it, but is Torm what the mod team needs to help run the place, or what the place itself needs to get it back into at least mildly working order? Those two things are rather different.

What section (if any) would he even be in charge of? Showcase? Night's already got that, and unfortunately, despite his inactivity, he has the section under control because there's nothing to keep under control.

I edited my post.

Also, there will be some changes with sections relatively soon.  There was talk about "section moderating" being super archaic, and how moderators shouldn't be tied down to a section.  Rather, they should be able to move freely across YCM to do what is necessary.  That's a separate discussion for another time, but there's a little note about it.

Also, Tormented has mod experience across other forums iirc.  I shared your concern, but they've been put to rest (for me personally).

To be fair, the dude has initiative to do things, which seems really good for the team. Also he could be in charge of site maintenance, instead of an actual section, to give him an official job. I personally disagree with him not being a person the mod team could use, I think that he is a person who can implement changes with the site, as opposed to a section, and gives him official authority.

As far as being a person for the candidacy, couldn’t helping to get it into working order also be a part of running the site. He is friendly and active enough, and tbh could just work as a general floating mod for everything? Just kinda help out with all of it.

Just my opinion... :)

Pretty sure Tormey would be a good addition, in the long run. The mod team is at the point where, for the time being, there won't need to be a lot more, if any, appointments it seems, so adding him in now, while the team is mostly settled and all, seems like a good decision.

He's already doing a crapton for the site as is, and I don't think he's the sort who would be untrustworthy as a moderator. I'm sure he would be mostly doing more of the same for the most part, but I think that's perfectly fair, considering what he's doing is pretty big for the site. Having someone on the team dedicated to expanding features and fixing stuff is a good idea I think, maybe it's a bit more of a formality than anything.

I support the idea, dude's been doing a lot for YCM and I think that he can be trusted with the position.

Pretty sure Tormey would be a good addition, in the long run. The mod team is at the point where, for the time being, there won't need to be a lot more, if any, appointments it seems, so adding him in now, while the team is mostly settled and all, seems like a good decision.

He's already doing a crapton for the site as is, and I don't think he's the sort who would be untrustworthy as a moderator. I'm sure he would be mostly doing more of the same for the most part, but I think that's perfectly fair, considering what he's doing is pretty big for the site. Having someone on the team dedicated to expanding features and fixing stuff is a good idea I think, maybe it's a bit more of a formality than anything.

I support the idea, dude's been doing a lot for YCM and I think that he can be trusted with the position.

Any news on your fate in Modship Birdo?

Archived