Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Complaints Go Here

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 3,397 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Alias:Yui

Yo Dad, you forgot to post what you're actually talking about for the people that don't read the mod report thread. In case you haven't edited it or someone hasn't posted before me and filled everyone in, the team is pondering the possibility of adding Tormented to the team as a full-time moderator. Now then, my two cents.

With the utmost respect for Torm and the work he'd put in for this site lately, I'm against this idea of putting him into the mod team, for now anyway. Black and CowCow have apparently not quite finished their trial periods as junior moderators yet, and we're already thinking of putting Torm on? It's a bit soon for that. Plus, while he's perfectly capable of fixing the site (or at least, the bits that he can fix), how do we know he'll do such a good job at helping run the site? I'm not saying he's incapable of it, but is Torm what the mod team needs to help run the place, or what the place itself needs to get it back into at least mildly working order? Those two things are rather different.

What section (if any) would he even be in charge of? Showcase? Night's already got that, and unfortunately, despite his inactivity, he has the section under control because there's nothing to keep under control.

• Dad likes this

justyui.gif

Dad

Dad

There will be no prison which can hold our movement down.

• Moderators

• 14,525 posts
    Last Visit 11 minutes ago
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

Yo Dad, you forgot to post what you're actually talking about for the people that don't read the mod report thread. In case you haven't edited it or someone hasn't posted before me and filled everyone in, the team is pondering the possibility of adding Tormented to the team as a full-time moderator. Now then, my two cents.

With the utmost respect for Torm and the work he'd put in for this site lately, I'm against this idea of putting him into the mod team, for now anyway. Black and CowCow have apparently not quite finished their trial periods as junior moderators yet, and we're already thinking of putting Torm on? It's a bit soon for that. Plus, while he's perfectly capable of fixing the site (or at least, the bits that he can fix), how do we know he'll do such a good job at helping run the site? I'm not saying he's incapable of it, but is Torm what the mod team needs to help run the place, or what the place itself needs to get it back into at least mildly working order? Those two things are rather different.

What section (if any) would he even be in charge of? Showcase? Night's already got that, and unfortunately, despite his inactivity, he has the section under control because there's nothing to keep under control.

I edited my post.

Also, there will be some changes with sections relatively soon.  There was talk about "section moderating" being super archaic, and how moderators shouldn't be tied down to a section.  Rather, they should be able to move freely across YCM to do what is necessary.  That's a separate discussion for another time, but there's a little note about it.

Also, Tormented has mod experience across other forums iirc.  I shared your concern, but they've been put to rest (for me personally).

lhRwFoL.jpg

Gangsters.  Outlaws.

ShimoHkun1

ShimoHkun1

Edgy Edge of Edgeness

• Advanced Members
  • 256 posts
    Last Visit May 24 2018 08:06 PM
  • Discord:ShimoHkun1#7602
  • Spouse:Absol and Red Eyes Black Dragon

To be fair, the dude has initiative to do things, which seems really good for the team. Also he could be in charge of site maintenance, instead of an actual section, to give him an official job. I personally disagree with him not being a person the mod team could use, I think that he is a person who can implement changes with the site, as opposed to a section, and gives him official authority.

As far as being a person for the candidacy, couldn’t helping to get it into working order also be a part of running the site. He is friendly and active enough, and tbh could just work as a general floating mod for everything? Just kinda help out with all of it.

Just my opinion... :)

A man has two reasons for doing somthing. The right reason and the real reason.
Previous Name: Red Eyes B. Dragon Knight
Pügioh hehe
My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube....aeKftg/featured
and
If you like this card let me know!

Red Eyes B. Dragon Knight

Usami Rainko

Usami Rainko

Time moves like a toy box

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,199 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:10 PM
  • Alias:Mitcher

seems to me a formality than anything

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

VD78ldS.png

Nathanael D. Striker

Nathanael D. Striker

Take a breather and relax.

• Leaderboard Chairman
  • 19,313 posts
    Last Visit 6 minutes ago
  • Discord:Striker#1560
  • Alias:Striker
Promote him already. After all the work he has done, he has shown he can be a beneficial asset. Keep him close.

SkDC0v5.png

Kazooie

Kazooie

Beep Beep I'm a Cheep

• Bird
  • 2,681 posts
    Last Visit May 16 2018 02:08 AM
  • Discord:Kazooie#4258
  • Alias:Birdie
  • Spouse:Black & Melody

Pretty sure Tormey would be a good addition, in the long run. The mod team is at the point where, for the time being, there won't need to be a lot more, if any, appointments it seems, so adding him in now, while the team is mostly settled and all, seems like a good decision.

He's already doing a crapton for the site as is, and I don't think he's the sort who would be untrustworthy as a moderator. I'm sure he would be mostly doing more of the same for the most part, but I think that's perfectly fair, considering what he's doing is pretty big for the site. Having someone on the team dedicated to expanding features and fixing stuff is a good idea I think, maybe it's a bit more of a formality than anything.

I support the idea, dude's been doing a lot for YCM and I think that he can be trusted with the position.

Posted Image

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch

• 13,242 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

Pretty sure Tormey would be a good addition, in the long run. The mod team is at the point where, for the time being, there won't need to be a lot more, if any, appointments it seems, so adding him in now, while the team is mostly settled and all, seems like a good decision.

He's already doing a crapton for the site as is, and I don't think he's the sort who would be untrustworthy as a moderator. I'm sure he would be mostly doing more of the same for the most part, but I think that's perfectly fair, considering what he's doing is pretty big for the site. Having someone on the team dedicated to expanding features and fixing stuff is a good idea I think, maybe it's a bit more of a formality than anything.

I support the idea, dude's been doing a lot for YCM and I think that he can be trusted with the position.

Any news on your fate in Modship Birdo?

h9HnKYe.gifLmjKZ7T.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

Kazooie

Kazooie

Beep Beep I'm a Cheep

• Bird
  • 2,681 posts
    Last Visit May 16 2018 02:08 AM
  • Discord:Kazooie#4258
  • Alias:Birdie
  • Spouse:Black & Melody

Any news on your fate in Modship Birdo?

I will not be rejoining the team. This isn't the place or time to talk about it.

Posted Image

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch

• 13,242 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

I will not be rejoining the team. This isn't the place or time to talk about it.

I'm sorry to hear that and wish you the best in what ever you pursue instead

That being said, I 100% support Tormey being added to Modship

h9HnKYe.gifLmjKZ7T.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users