[FLOD] Troymare and World Legacy

Troymare-Goblin-and-Mermaid.png

Troymare Goblin

Wind Fiend / Link / Effect

Link 2 1300 / L R

2 monsters with different names

(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can discard 1 card; during the Main Phase of this turn, you can Normal Summon 1 monster to a zone this card points to, inaddition to your Normal Summon/Set. If this effect was activated while this card was co-linked, you can also draw 1 card.

(2) Co-linked monsters you control cannot be targeted by card effects.

Troymare Mermaid

Water Fiend / Link / Effect

Link 1 1000 / B

1 “Troymare” monster, except “Troymare Mermaid”

You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.

(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 “Troymare” monster from your Deck. If this effect was activated while this card was co-linked, you can also draw 1 card.

(2) Monsters on the field that are not co-linked lose 1000 ATK/DEF.

Troymare-Griffin-and-Unicorn.png

Troymare Griffon

LIGHT Fiend/Link/Effect

ATK 2500 LINK-4 T L R B

2+ monsters with different card names

(1): If this card is Link Summoned: You can discard 1 card and target 1 Spell/Trap Card in your GY; Set that card on your side of the field, but it cannot be activated this turn. If this effect was activated while this card was co-linked, you can also draw 1 card.

(2): Special Summoned monsters that are not linked cannot activate their effects.

Troymare Unicorn

DARK Fiend/Link/Effect

ATK 2200 LINK-3 L D R

2+ monsters with different card names

(1): If this card is Link Summoned: You can discard 1 card and target 1 card on the field; return it to the Deck. If this effect was activated while this card was co-linked, you can also draw 1 card.

(2): While you control a co-linked “Troymare” monster(s), the number of cards you draw during your Draw Phase becomes equal to the number of those monsters with different names.

Troymare-Phoenix-and-Cerberus.png

Troymare Phoenix

Fire Fiend / Link / Effect

Link 2 1900 / T R

(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy it. If this effect was activated while this card was co-linked, you can also draw 1 card.

(2) Co-linked monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle.

Troymare Cerberus

Earth Fiend / Link / Effect

Link 2 1600 / T L

(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 Special Summoned monster in your opponent’s Main Monster Zone; destroy it. If this effect was activated while this card was co-linked, you can also draw 1 card.

(2) Co-linked monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects.

World-Legacies.png

Seiibutsu – “Seisou” / World Legacy – “World Spear”

Dark Machine / Effect

LV8 3000/0

You can only use this card name’s (1) and (3) effects once per turn.

(1) During damage calculation, when 2 monsters, including a Link Monster, are battling: You can discard this card; that opponent’s monster loses 3000 ATK.

(2) Your opponent cannot target other “World Legacy” monsters for an attack.

(3) If a monster(s) is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: Special Summon 1 “World Legacy Token” (Machine/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to each side of the field in Defense Position.

(World Legacy Inheritor)

Resistance Against the World Legacy

Trap

(1): Target Spell/Trap Cards on the field, up to the number of co-linked monsters on the field; destroy them.

EDIT: oh look, generic goodstuff that fits into a variety of decks. But also technically functions as it’s own core for whatever deck you work with. Would be neat if you had a MD another than Iblee. World Legacy stuff who cares.

Most of these are completely generic.  I love it.  Simple goodstuff effects, with further benefits off of being co-linked.  Resource moderation, multi attributes, theme based on mythical creatures... this is definitely an archetype that hits on lots of stuff I like.  Man, simple discard to do stuff... I missed that!  I feel like there should be so many more means to take advantage of that then there used to be.  Now to find them...

would say what makes or breaks this would be the Main Deck monsters (I mean, Destroymare isn't going to be the only one I hope..), but even if the Main Deck is utterly mediocre, since these are so generically usable, you could throw them into a completely different deck theme and run 'em anyway.  That Link 4 though... that's a pretty dangerous card.  It is one of those that'll be tossed in to help facilitate those first turn "break my board" scenarios, isn't it?

How far can you potentially go with these with a normal Grinder Golem combo?  I'd imagine that after you get the initial stuff, you should be able to Extra Link and cycle through your hand for whatever you may need to keep plays going.

Trap's kinda meh, but I suppose it has use.  I'd prefer Heavy Storm Duster though, even in this deck that focuses so much on its co-links.  I think the more important part of the trap is its story implications more than its practical use.  Inheritor looks like it could be crazy in this deck.  World Spear is hilarious if only because of that ridiculous debuff and the fact that it is a Recurring Nightmare target to counterbalance the self-discard.  That third effect is... interesting, but if it never hits the field, it seems a bit superfluous.

So between Phoenix, Cerberus and Goblin you have a really strong Extra Link, you just then need 2 Links pointing down from the EMZs. Give them Destroymare Everiese and they can't Kaiju your board either. Praise Ra!

EDIT: also Mermaid is going to mean that this deck will suffer from the Zoodiac problem - remember when Broadbull made every Zoo monster a Stratos? Well every Troymare is Tour Guide. It doesn't help that Mermaid is accessible through the Link Monsters, you could go like Gofu Token into Link Spider then Gofu+other Token into Goblin beneath it. Get the Extra NS then turn Goblin into Mermaid.

EDIT2: That said, just to be clear I'm not calling OP! or broken! before seeing the Main Deck in full. Just nice cards here is all, but like a lot of links, quite powercreepy

So these are the true or corrupted forms of Jack Knights, at least judging from the pieces of armor in some of them. That's cool and all but not entirely thrilled about the story following similar steps to DT, in that Qlips had Infernoids inside. Doesn't help that both these and Infernoids are Fiend. At least these come with a poli-Attribute theme.

Flavor aside, they look too fair to me. Discard to do X is ok but you won't be generating too much advantage, unless they are co linked, which pays off the discard, but that means that either the first Troymare you Summon won't net the draw, or you get a Link on board first through other means. In either case you will need to put some resources to kickstart them. Then again, that's not too bad with Gofu, Grinder Golem, Needlefiber, etc. around.

Looking at these again, is it concerning the fact that none of them have OPTs on their effects?  I mean, under full optimal circumstances, you'd only go +1 per summon (-2 on summon and discard, +2 on effect and draw, +1 on whatever advantage gained by monsters in grave), which is admittedly probably not super easy, but the fact you can trade them around and the ability to use other, more advantage-gaining links alongside these seems like a recipe for trouble.

Wanted to comment on the Legacy monster too:

I like that it's a hand Trap, but I'm not too keen on its field effects: As of now there aren't ways to get multiple World Legacies on board so the protection isn't as significant, and personally I'm not a fan of giving the opponent stuff, in this case a Token that can very well be used for Link Summons, including Linkuriboh. I can see it helps Jack Knights, but even then, without any effects that assist its Summon besides generic stuff, it may not be that easy to set up. I can only think of Mausoleum that can already help Jack Knights.

Oh neat, you can revive World Spear with Special Schedule.

N-not that I'm thinking about doing anything with that or anything!

I was thinking Konami actually made a "broken" Word Legacy card. Also, its going to be the weapon for the eventual World Legacy Megazord Boss Monster.

Looking at these again, is it concerning the fact that none of them have OPTs on their effects?  I mean, under full optimal circumstances, you'd only go +1 per summon (-2 on summon and discard, +2 on effect and draw, +1 on whatever advantage gained by monsters in grave), which is admittedly probably not super easy, but the fact you can trade them around and the ability to use other, more advantage-gaining links alongside these seems like a recipe for trouble.

they all have HOPTs on their "on Link Summon..." effect, except Goblin which I'm pretty sure is implicitly HOPT because of how extra NSs work

The rest of the cards were revealed, and it seems like they only have 1 Main Deck card. That is...strange. Especially since the card isn't like Aleister, where it is designed to work with other Decks. If they are intending these to work with other in the World Legacy lore, then I don't really understand how.

The rest of the cards were revealed, and it seems like they only have 1 Main Deck card. That is...strange. Especially since the card isn't like Aleister, where it is designed to work with other Decks. If they are intending these to work with other in the World Legacy lore, then I don't really understand how.

I think they will be the dark counterparts to the other "World Legacy" Archetypes (Krawler, Mekk-Knight, and Destroymare Iblee repreents World Chalice), also if we get a WIND, FIRE, and WATER Archetypes as well.

BlackwingGofutheVagueShadow-MP17-EN-C-1E

TIME TO PRAISE GOFU (again)

SS Gofu and Tokens.

Token + Gofu = Crystron Needlefiber

Needlefiber gets Glow-Up Bulb

Glow-Up + Needlefiber = Troymare Unicorn

-[Optional: Unicorn effect; discard 1, spin 1]

Mill 1, revive Glow-Up

Glow-Up + Token = Troymare Phoenix or Troymare Cerberus 

-[Optional: Phoenix/Cerb effect, discard 1, pop 1, draw 1]

Unicorn = Troymare Mermaid (above Phoenix/Cerb)

Mermaid effect, discard 1, SS Destroymare Iblee, draw 1

Iblee + Mermaid = Troymare Goblin

Goblin effect, discard 1, gain extra NS, draw 1

End result: Gain 2 bodies on board, neither in EMZ, gain a second NS without using the first, dicard 2-4 cards, draw 2-3 cards.

This can be done with other cards as well, just requiring tuner + 2 monsters, but this is a single card.

Yo is Eve about to gut herself? This stuff's getting dark

Y'all are totally missing out on the quality lore.

Ib isn't guttuing herself, Lee the World Chalice Fairy aka Evil Fairy Lady is making her do it. Evil Fairy Lady can then posses her to make Destroymare Iblee. It's literally in her name that they're combo'd in some way. Also It's important to note that before this happened, Arum met the lvl 5 knight and got him to not become a troy a la becoming a sword instead. That sword is the one doing the gutting. 

Archived