Future of E-Sports? Will others copy OVERWATCH LEAGUE (OWL)?

Phelphor, of the Deep

Similar to professional sports teams. Each team in the overwatch league OWL represent a town/city/etc. (Like Shanghai Dragons represent Shanghai China)

Also overwatch league completely remodels how they do tournaments and etc so, if done well others will follow suit making it similar to basketball league or American football league.

If you and your friends wanna do a tournament with a custom team and custom rooster (it will be like a minor league) and maybe lucky to be asked to join the official/permanent team.

The Overwatch League (abbreviated as OWL) is a professional eSports league for the video game Overwatch, developed by Blizzard Entertainment which also oversees the League. The Overwatch League aims to follow the model of traditional North American professional sports, using a set of permanent teams and regular season play, rather than the use of promotion and relegation used commonly in other eSports leagues. Each team franchise is backed by an owner, and players that are signed onto the team are assured a minimum annual salary, benefits, and a portion of winnings and revenue-sharing based on how that team performs in the season.

The League was announced in November 2016, and the first twelve teams were established within a year from that. The first season started regular season play in January 2018, to run through June 2018, followed by post-season playoffs and an All-Star weekend to occur in July. A total prize pool of US$3.5 million is available to teams within the first season.

What will be the future of E-Sports? Will others copy OVERWATCH LEAGUE (OWL)? Has Blizzard done well with the OVERWATCH LEAGUE (OWL)? How will this effect other video games?

What video games do you want to copy the OVERWATCH LEAGUE (OWL) concept?

Rocket League and/or splatoon 2 is something I can see copying this concept and trying to push for a teams system similar to OVERWATCH LEAGUE (OWL)!

Discuss the future of e-sports after the debut of OVERWATCH LEAGUE (OWL) plus, what games do you want to adopt this?

Could you clarify on just what the OWL is, for those of us out of the loop?

OWL is short for Overwatch League...........................................

What will be the future of E-Sports? Will others copy OVERWATCH LEAGUE (OWL)? Has Blizzard done well with the overwatch league? How will this effect other video games?

What video games do you want to copy the Overwatch League concept?

Rocket League and/or splatoon 2 is something I can see copying this concept and trying to push for it teams system similar to OWL

Discuss the future of e-sports after the debut of Overwatch League plus what games do you want to adopt this?

Now that I have explain OWL. Can we stay on topic?

Discuss the future of e-sports after the debut of Overwatch League plus what games do you think will want to try to adopt this? What video games do you want to copy the Overwatch League concept?

OWL is short for Overwatch League...........................................

Now that I have explain OWL. Can we stay on topic?

Discuss the future of e-sports after the debut of Overwatch League plus what games do you want to adopt this? What video games do you want to copy the Overwatch League concept?

You... didn't explain it at all. You just reiterated that it's the Overwatch League. Like yeah I got that, but that doesn't answer the question. What is the Overwatch League? This is perfectly on-topic, as I'm asking because I (and potentially other members) don't know, and we can't be expected to partake in a discussion if we don't understand the subject that we're supposed to be discussing.

You... didn't explain it at all. You just reiterated that it's the Overwatch League. Like yeah I got that, but that doesn't answer the question. What is the Overwatch League? This is perfectly on-topic, as I'm asking because I (and potentially other members) don't know, and we can't be expected to partake in a discussion if we don't understand the subject that we're supposed to be discussing.

See original post....

Can you comment now, please?

Archived