I was right AND wrong about Extra Link

luMuQhp.jpg

https://ygorganization.com/flodtroymareworldlegacyextralink/

MegaCapitalG video:

​"EXTRA LINK" is scary AF: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366551-extra-link-is-scary-af/

​I was right, it was a matter of time before Konami made an Archetype that focused on the Extra Link (granted its not explicitly stated in their effects), but I was wrong in that the Troymare are not the end-all be-all Archetype that I warned of. If you want to read the effects and stats of these cards, click the first link. I knew it was a matter of time before Konami started pushing the Extra Link to sell the Link Summon mechanic, kinda like how they used Contact Fusion, Accel Synchros, Chaos Xyz Evolution, and (to a smaller point) Extra Deck Pendulum Monsters to push and sell Fusion Monsters, Synchro Monsters, Xyz Monsters, and Pendulum Monsters. The Troymare (btw, weird name I don't know what it's supposed to relate to) are just the first step in doing this, but I was wrong on how Konami would do this., or even if they want to push it after the Troymare are released in the game.

​I thought Konami would put these kind of cards in the anime during some arc where Yusaku has to "find himself" and learns of the "mythological and legendary" Extra Link, then eventualy Firewall Dragon would get an Extra Link evolution card (a Rank-5 Firewall Dragon basically) and from there he would beat Revolver in a Duel, etc. But to straight-up do this during the newest "Duel Terminal" chapter of the OCG/TCG, that I think takes balls and is clever because it gives them a chance to actually plan this out through trial-and-error by way of the players. I still stand by a lot of what I said in my previous post about it (third link above), but what I will say now is I might have been wrong about Konami would push it or if they want to keep it.

​After the Troymare come out, I'd say wait about 3 to 8 months, then we could see either 1 of 2 possibilities; if the Troymare are popular but not so much that they are overrunning the game, we could see more cards (Archetypes and one-offs) that could directly support the Extra Link in their effect text like the Match Wiinners Iron Knight of Revolution and Sanctity of Dragon; OR if the Troymare become this era's Dino Rabbit or Magician Pendulum, we could see Konami shy away from the Extra Link by making more cards and Archetypes more suited to exclusively Summon other Extra Deck monsters from older Archetypes (maybe a few new ones as well) like what they just did in the Link VRAINS Pack.

​These are my opinions NOT fact, that is all.

Extra Link is the same result as a face up domain lock

People need to get over themselves

I was just saying it from the perspective of them selling product. I'm actually pretty over the whole Extra Link is scary BS that I admit was stupid of me to say at the time.

Archived