[DPR] Darkworld Headvise (Tomenting Tussles with Tempered Toughness)

Black D'Sceptyr

darkworld_headvise_by_bdsceptyr-dbznfth.

[spoiler=Darkworld Headvise: Info]
Quick-Play Spell Card

Lore: Until the End Phase of the next turn after this card resolves, the original ATK/DEF of all monsters that are Summoned to the field becomes 100.

Seriously, why should Shackles have all the love?

I just got back from some dry runs with a customized variant of this Deck, which REALLY actually made good usage of Tokens and Equip Spells to upend otherwise meta-adjacent Decks (really, I can't promote it enough I love this Deck so much)....

...and really, it got me thinking-the new standard of ATK/DEF modifying Spells/Traps to basically upend any battle that a certain monster goes through feels like we effectively peaked at creativity with Moon Mirror Shield-so here's something that can easily make the battles of many a little bit easier for everything. 

Lemme know what you think, or rather....reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BDS, signing off.

Update I: Alright, guess monsters on the field as this card is activated are exempt. Bringerofcake, thanks for the clear words on this. 

This card is broken or at the very least overpowered. No cost (having grapha or least a DW on the field or some kind of requirement or cost would make people feel a little more at ease*)

Especially since we now live in the era where special spam and/or extra deck exist (plus less not forget good ol grapha)

Case #1

opponent has (one or more) super op high atk thing on their side of the field

play this card now summon any DW with more than 1000 ATK and swing.

Case #2

opponent has (one or more) super op high atk thing on their side of the field while having at least 1 DW

play this card now summon return DW to hand to summon grapha from GY plus summon more DW and swing.

Case #3

its your opponent's turn: opponent has (one or more) super op high atk thing on their side of the field while you have grapha on the field

activate this set card, opponent now stop what they are doing or ram into Grapha and lose a monster plus grapha will go where it will want, the GY.

Case #4

opponent has (one or more) super op high atk thing on their side of the field while having at least 1-2 DW

play this card now summon more DW now go to the extra deck.

Having no cost or requirement makes it TOO GOOD. since there is not downside this card would be main or at least side deck until it gets limited or our right banned.

• 2 weeks later...

This card is broken or at the very least overpowered. No cost (having grapha or least a DW on the field or some kind of requirement or cost would make people feel a little more at ease*)

Especially since we now live in the era where special spam and/or extra deck exist (plus less not forget good ol grapha)

Case #1

opponent has (one or more) super op high atk thing on their side of the field

play this card now summon any DW with more than 1000 ATK and swing.

Case #2

opponent has (one or more) super op high atk thing on their side of the field while having at least 1 DW

play this card now summon return DW to hand to summon grapha from GY plus summon more DW and swing.

Case #3

its your opponent's turn: opponent has (one or more) super op high atk thing on their side of the field while you have grapha on the field

activate this set card, opponent now stop what they are doing or ram into Grapha and lose a monster plus grapha will go where it will want, the GY.

Case #4

opponent has (one or more) super op high atk thing on their side of the field while having at least 1-2 DW

play this card now summon more DW now go to the extra deck.

Having no cost or requirement makes it TOO GOOD. since there is not downside this card would be main or at least side deck until it gets limited or our right banned.

Oh wait, I forgot to make sure I said that this was to apply to all monsters on the field or Summoned until the next turn, new monsters on the field included. It may not keep it from being broken, but I can help clarify what it's supposed to make Decks be-and 100 base stats could limit the amount of damage input. Alright, I'll modify it. Hold on, folks.

P.S. this is not intended to be Dark World support, its a compliment card to Darkworld Shackles, which did this for one card.

I feel like hitting everything already out AND anything that comes out in the next two turns is a little overkill. I really like the flavor and the concept , but I think just toning down the effect a bit to be either one of the two categories (everything for the next two turns but keep current monsters as is, or vice versa) would make the card a little less devastating while still retaining a goodly amount of value.

I feel like hitting everything already out AND anything that comes out in the next two turns is a little overkill. I really like the flavor and the concept , but I think just toning down the effect a bit to be either one of the two categories (everything for the next two turns but keep current monsters as is, or vice versa) would make the card a little less devastating while still retaining a goodly amount of value.

Problem is with keeping what's on the field unaffected by the effects. This only promotes "first past the post plays" and would be more suiting on a trap-a soon-to-be-banned one, if Royal Oppression and Vanity's Emptiness would indicate. I want this to apply to everything for two turns, and then have players use other cards to make it work, rather than just plopping this down and locking their opponent from even attempting to battle their way past busted boards. Not everyone's got a second mortgage to take out for a set of Utopia. 

And keeping it to only monsters on the field makes this a strictly worse One Day of Peace-all the one-turn dissuading of power with the added danger of it getting smoked if you need it to defend in a way Peace can't be. 

As is, this is meant to be format defying-where every outside boost counts in spades now, even with the 300 boost most Field Spells grant their Archetypes. Glad Beasts in particular'll get a hefty boost-having an essentially faster Waboku means they can go live far earlier, get past everything in a way that Moon Mirror Shield couldn't do reliably (they tag in and out, making the Shield unwieldly) and inhibit the opponent in a way that Red Reboot can't touch, and Indomitable Gladiator Beast can work around.

They'll still have recoverability issues, sure, but they have better chances of surviving long enough to press their advantages now.

Other Archetypes can benefit as well - Hopeless Decks'll that much more bonkers-but the main point of this is to change the focus of the Duel from putting numbers on the field and more with using your outside boosts to maximum advantage for 2 turns. That's the point of this card. It may be broken, yes. But that'll likely be solved with a limit, not by making its gamechanging effect less so and letting your opponent play around it with new threats if kept to current monsters - or worse yet, using it as the newest anti-meta-made-meta if only applied to current monsters, as they use it on you when you start trying to get past their Abyss-Scale laced Megalos or effect-immune Master Peace.

Problem is with keeping what's on the field unaffected by the effects. This only promotes "first past the post plays" and would be more suiting on a trap-a soon-to-be-banned one, if Royal Oppression and Vanity's Emptiness would indicate. I want this to apply to everything for two turns, and then have players use other cards to make it work, rather than just plopping this down and locking their opponent from even attempting to battle their way past busted boards. Not everyone's got a second mortgage to take out for a set of Utopia. 

And keeping it to only monsters on the field makes this a strictly worse One Day of Peace-all the one-turn dissuading of power with the added danger of it getting smoked if you need it to defend in a way Peace can't be. 

As is, this is meant to be format defying-where every outside boost counts in spades now, even with the 300 boost most Field Spells grant their Archetypes. Glad Beasts in particular'll get a hefty boost-having an essentially faster Waboku means they can go live far earlier, get past everything in a way that Moon Mirror Shield couldn't do reliably (they tag in and out, making the Shield unwieldly) and inhibit the opponent in a way that Red Reboot can't touch, and Indomitable Gladiator Beast can work around.

They'll still have recoverability issues, sure, but they have better chances of surviving long enough to press their advantages now.

Other Archetypes can benefit as well - Hopeless Decks'll that much more bonkers-but the main point of this is to change the focus of the Duel from putting numbers on the field and more with using your outside boosts to maximum advantage for 2 turns. That's the point of this card. It may be broken, yes. But that'll likely be solved with a limit, not by making its gamechanging effect less so and letting your opponent play around it with new threats if kept to current monsters - or worse yet, using it as the newest anti-meta-made-meta if only applied to current monsters, as they use it on you when you start trying to get past their Abyss-Scale laced Megalos or effect-immune Master Peace.

My issue with your approach is mostly philosophical, because I believe cards should not be designed to be Limited, especially since a limit on a powerful card amounts to "sack the win" (see soul charge, Maxx "C"). I understand the concepts of what you are trying to do, but I think the card warps those two turns too much for it to remain in its current state. At best, it's a strictly inferior One day as you called it, at best it's an OTK with decks that CAN change their ATK to high Levels (just because you can't shell out the fundage for UTL doesn't mean that it doesn't exist). Consider also monsters whose effects make them immune to Spell effects (master Peace, Towers) or who can't be destroyed by battle (Sleeper under Last Resort) that can just out most other monsters in the game, and make it extremely difficult to be beaten on the next turn, leading to game all but won.

Again, I like the idea behind this card, but I feel like it's too strong in its current form. The ideas I provided are possibilities, but if you can find a different way to reign it in a bit, by all means.

Also as an aside this is an instant 3-of in FA.

Alright, I took this into mind and decided to fix the card to your first original suggestion; now all monsters on the field as this card is immediately activated are exempt.

My issue with your approach is mostly philosophical, because I believe cards should not be designed to be Limited, especially since a limit on a powerful card amounts to "sack the win" (see soul charge, Maxx "C"). I understand the concepts of what you are trying to do, but I think the card warps those two turns too much for it to remain in its current state. At best, it's a strictly inferior One day as you called it, at best it's an OTK with decks that CAN change their ATK to high Levels (just because you can't shell out the fundage for UTL doesn't mean that it doesn't exist). Consider also monsters whose effects make them immune to Spell effects (master Peace, Towers) or who can't be destroyed by battle (Sleeper under Last Resort) that can just out most other monsters in the game, and make it extremely difficult to be beaten on the next turn, leading to game all but won.

Again, I like the idea behind this card, but I feel like it's too strong in its current form. The ideas I provided are possibilities, but if you can find a different way to reign it in a bit, by all means.

Also as an aside this is an instant 3-of in FA.

A potent card IMO. Setup your board, play this and at the very least you will discourage the opponent from attacking. Or play it defensively during the opponent's turn so you take little damage, if any at all.

Personally I'm not a big fan of cards with a single effect, especially in these powercreeping formats. IMO it would be a welcomed touch if you added a "from GY" effect that searched for a "Darkworld" card so it blends better with its pseudo-archetype. Those are, Darkworld Thorns and Shackles. In fact, if it were to Special Summon Thorns, as an E-Teleport, it could become an amusing engine. Equipping Shackles could be interesting too, as you could play during a battle for the sudden ATK change.

Archived