[FLOD]Shouboushi Hidarmer

Shouboushi-Hidarmer.jpg?resize=425%2C640

Shouboushi Hidarmer

FIRE/Beast-Warrior/Link/Effect

LINK-2 ATK1500

2 Beast, Beast-Warrior and/or Winged-Beast monsters

(1) This card gains 100 ATK for each Beast, Beast-Warrior and Winged-Beast monster on the field.

(2) Once per turn: You can target 1 Spell and Trap Card on each player’s side of the field; destroy them.

(3) When this card destroys an opponent’s monster in battle: You can target 1 of your Beast, Beast-Warrior or Winged-Beast monsters in your Graveyard or that is banished; add it to your hand.

Not much to say, starts at 1600, which is kinda tough to destroy things with, but it instantly makes the third effect live. It's kinda shitty twin cyclone destruction as well

This card could be handy for Blackwings (Until the Dark Elemental Link 2 comes out) since you can use 2 of them to summon this, then spam your other Blackwings to get 2 Synchros and some other Main Deck Wings to up its ATK to a max of 2100 where if it does manage to destroy a monster as a result of battle it can then recycle one of the monsters in your grave to resummons/resynchro.

Not a bad card by any means, for 2 monsters and its great Link Arrows, that is already good enough, but having three effects like that is a decent bonus. It's interesting that it also mentions banished, because that means that Bujin can take advantage of this quite heavily, slap a Horn of the Phantom Beast on it as well and you got an awesome little thing.

As mentioned before, I might run this guy in my Raidraptors until we get the Witch's Apprentice Link.

He's great going up against certain Decks, as he gains ATK equal to the number of those Types on the entire field, meaning he could get to a theoretical maximum of 2700 ATK, which isn't bad.

Kind of wish he got more of a boost, though.

If only it was just beast, then it would be better for babycoons <3

That being said, this isn't exactly what babycoons need now, because this is better for a grindy format. In fact, this coulda been released as an Xyz back before dragon rulers. I think. I've never been good with meta timings.  

[spoiler=I went on a little tangent about what babycoons need oops]

What babycoons ideally need is a turn 1 "PlayAroundMe" monster.

"But Naturia Beast-"

only has 2300 ATK which most other turn 1 monsters can get around.

Also the fact that you need to either waste a #64 token or run a level 3 tuner is not ideal. 

Archived