President Trump: Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?

.Rooster

>Candidate Trump told Flynn to contact and get the Russian to pose a unified front on sanctions and Israel 

>Stock Market Drops 300 points, billions of US wealth lost

>Correction, president elect trump

Oh ok

>Trump tells CDC to remove "science" and other words from their report

https://www.snopes.com/2017/12/15/trump-administration-bans-cdc-officials-using-certain-words/

>I want to assure you there are no banned words at CDC. We will continue to talk about all our important public health programs. — Dr Brenda Fitzgerald (@CDCDirector)

Oh ok

Yeah I'm not buying anon sources from people who don't have the stones to put their names to what they wanna put out

They've repeatedly made a mockery of themselves in the recent year, and these are only the two that impacted me personally in the last month

The whole God damn country is being made a mockery of and that impacts all of us.  That's not gonna change for several years.  And isn't snopes a site that has been vehemently ripped apart by (most) of the republican party?  I'm surprised to see it be used (except when convenient).

I'll take the words of a general and a reporter before anything that comes outta Hick Huckabee's mouth is something trustworthy.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole God damn country is being made a mockery of and that impacts all of us.  That's not gonna change for several years.  And isn't snopes a site that has been vehemently ripped apart by (most) of the republican party?  I'm surprised to see it be used (except when convenient).

I'll take the words of a general and a reporter before anything that comes outta Hick Huckabee's mouth is something trustworthy.

Which is why I linked the director of the CDC's own words

"Hick Huckabee"

Why are we dipping into the ad hom well so early?

Cuz she reminds me of my redneck neighbor.  He's a hick, but she's more of a man than he is.  Broader shoulders, more discernable facial hair, bigger lips.  

I'm being held to a higher standard than the president which is bizarre, but I do get it.  And I said I was surprised.  This article I've already read a while back so it wasn't new news to me.

A derogatory slang term for lower class whites raised in rural areas, usually within trailer parks or hog farms. Generally used more for Midwesterners than Southerners; dumber than a post.

Wonder if you'd be fine with derogatory posts towards black people being thrown around

What standards are you being held to again? I'll be careful not to calling you "crooked" "low-energy" "lyin'" in the future given your clear cut feeling about them

The fact that I was "called out" for calling her a hick but when your president berates entire countries it's acceptable.  See, the difference is, I'm nobody.  I have zero weight.  This man, on the other hand, is supposed to be the leader of the free world.  Those are the standards.

And I don't care what you call me.  You have no value to me.  Your words mean nothing.  From jabroni to cuck, I don't care.  Does it sting?  Sure.  But coming from you, I'll be fine.  Keep that self-righteous stuff to yourself.  If your president can do it, so can I.

Hick is a racial term, on the other hand I'd love for you to defend how countries with 5-6 times the morality rate of the US aren't "sheet holes"

Tell me when you're done trying to push false equivalencies. When Trump goes around calling black people bastards and monkeys, I'll have an issue with him  

That's cute.  We've had better people come out of Haiti than we have here in the U.S.  People with talent, people with skills, people with dreams.  You wanna talk about false narratives, then let's pretend for a moment.  Let's pretend that there was this great country where it was so far ahead of everyone else that it was able to claim everywhere else was a shithole.

But, this country doesn't realize it's a shithole, so the comments are ironic.

He thinks your people are terrorists, he thinks mine live in huts and have aids, he thinks the people of South America are rapists, but he thinks women coming from Russia to have children to claim citizenship are fine people.  Frankly, their all shitholes.  But the biggest shithole is right here.  The U.S.A.  From foreign politics to at home politics, we've been a laughing stock.  But if you don't have a problem with it, neither do I.

Racism wasn't cute last time I checked. But you might be able to get away with it because it's against white people 

My people are dead. The current people living in Iran saw to that. What's left of them have assimilated and married terrorists. 

I wonder about that. I assume you're talking about the higher income levels for immigrants from African countries relative to US born whites (and blacks). How much of that has to do with affirmative action and diversity quotas I wonder.

You're going to need to quantify your assertion a little better for it to be a valid argument

It's pretty ironic you're calling the US a sheet hole. You talked about "my people" so let's talk about them. They're being shot on the street for refusing to live in 1000 AD. It's very convenient to glorify other countries and sheet talk your own without having been to them. 

Would you want to live in Honduras or Columbia? Those places are sheet holes, all the people there might not be, but objectively speaking the US is leagues more attractive 

What's wrong with women legally coming here to have children? Birth Right Citizenship is protected is it not?

That's cute.  We've had better people come out of Haiti than we have here in the U.S.  People with talent, people with skills, people with dreams.  You wanna talk about false narratives, then let's pretend for a moment.  Let's pretend that there was this great country where it was so far ahead of everyone else that it was able to claim everywhere else was a shithole.

But, this country doesn't realize it's a shithole, so the comments are ironic.

He thinks your people are terrorists, he thinks mine live in huts and have aids, he thinks the people of South America are rapists, but he thinks women coming from Russia to have children to claim citizenship are fine people.  Frankly, their all shitholes.  But the biggest shithole is right here.  The U.S.A.  From foreign politics to at home politics, we've been a laughing stock.  But if you don't have a problem with it, neither do I.

This... this is perfect.

This perfectly explains the world right now, and how bad humanity has gotten, blah blah blah Humans Are ******** blah blah blah stop killing each other yada yada yada can't wait for the apocalypse something something something...

Anyway, you're right, Trump has no right to say that about other countries when it applies most to this country, but then again, he has no right to say any of the things he says, or anything at all, or be the President, or be a politician, or be in the White House, or be anywhere near the White House (metaphorically and physically), or be anywhere at all except the local prison or the electric chair.

Also, I know why we all call him "White", because he's the right-wing SJW *shot*

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/12/graham-called-mexico-other-countries-hellholes-201/

I mean...this isn't "new" rhetoric. He denies saying it. And that's a shame. He should have said it and embraced it cause Iran, Mexico, and basically every country outside the US is a sheet hole

Norway definitely belongs on that list too

This... this is perfect.

This perfectly explains the world right now, and how bad humanity has gotten, blah blah blah Humans Are ******** blah blah blah stop killing each other yada yada yada can't wait for the apocalypse something something something...

Anyway, you're right, Trump has no right to say that about other countries when it applies most to this country, but then again, he has no right to say any of the things he says, or anything at all, or be the President, or be a politician, or be in the White House, or be anywhere near the White House (metaphorically and physically), or be anywhere at all except the local prison or the electric chair.

Also, I know why we all call him "White", because he's the right-wing SJW *shot*

Trump has the right to say just about w/e he wants. It's called 1A

What I'm trying to say is, screw humanity, screw the world, screw the universe, screw life, screw everything, nothing matters, I'm going over to my fantasy world where Super Saiyan SSJSS9999 Nazi Communist furry dragon ninja pirate zombie robot human ghosts are the norm and reality has no bearing, cynicism cynicism nihilism nihilism.

I have officially lost faith in humanity and government cause Trump is still at large and not in prison for, if anything, the molestation he (probably) committed. (He's a politician; cover-ups happen every other second)

This is probably sounding very familiar, and it should, because this is how all of my posts here on General have went.

Trump has the right to say just about w/e he wants. It's called 1A

We all do.  It's a protected amendment.  Isn't that why hate speech is protected across the country?

What I'm trying to say is, screw humanity, screw the world, screw the universe, screw life, screw everything, nothing matters, I'm going over to my fantasy world where Super Saiyan SSJSS9999 Nazi Communist furry dragon ninja pirate zombie robot human ghosts are the norm and reality has no bearing, cynicism cynicism nihilism nihilism.

I have officially lost faith in humanity and government cause Trump is still at large and not in prison for, if anything, the molestation he (probably) committed. (He's a politician; cover-ups happen every other second)

This is probably sounding very familiar, and it should, because this is how all of my posts here on General have went.

There's no proof that Trump molested anyone.  It's been heckled down to "locker room talk".   We can't prove anything because it's all he said she said.

We all do.  It's a protected amendment.  Isn't that why hate speech is protected across the country?

Absolutely.

I'd contest if calling a country a sheet hole is "hate speech"

Would it be hate speech if I called North Korea a "sheet hole" what about Venezuela where they're running down dogs for food? How about Chechnya where there's an active holocaust against non-straight individuals? 

As for Russians, as a partisan, I'm glad they're coming here and having kids. Not so much race oriented rather than minting of conservative voters. I'm honestly SHOCKED the GOP has never tried to import people from Right leaning countries like Vietnam and Russia, cause you can bet your ass the dems try to stock up on Latinos every time they get into the white house. Democrats just know how to get into power and stay there a lot better than the republicans

Absolutely.

I'd contest if calling a country a sheet hole is "hate speech"

Would it be hate speech if I called North Korea a "sheet hole" what about Venezuela where they're running down dogs for food? How about Chechnya where there's an active holocaust against non-straight individuals? 

I'm not talking about "shithole".  I'm talking about things like "hick" or "jabroni".  We don't like them.  We hate them.  You were upset with me because I shouldn't say those things.  And you're right.  That was awful of me.  Yet and still, these things happen (primarily to people of color) and they are told to get over it.  Because "it's my right".

And yes, North Korea is a shithole.  Not because of the citizens but because of its ass backwards ruler.

My whole thing with this, and a lot of the president's statements in general, is that its not how the POTUS should act. You're supposed to conduct yourself with dignity and tact when you're in that position. Its not illegal, its just... bad. It makes him look stupid and hateful, which in turn makes the US look stupid and hateful. For me there's no politics involved here at all, its just not something you say as the President of the United States of America. Things you do and say while in office can have far reaching consequences both here and internationally, and I don't think Donald Trump realizes or cares about that. If that doesn't raise some alarm bells, it should.

-A Duck's two cents

Absolutely.

I'd contest if calling a country a s*** hole is "hate speech"

Would it be hate speech if I called North Korea a "s*** hole" what about Venezuela where they're running down dogs for food? How about Chechnya where there's an active holocaust against non-straight individuals? 

Wait, those actually happened? I think I'm starting to see Trump's statement had a little more validity than I expected.

This is, however, about how Trump said that we shouldn't be accepting immigrants from these countries. WE SHOULD, EVEN IF THEY'RE, you know. In fact, the fact that they're that bad means we have to accept immigrants from there even more. It's just Trump being the biggest bigot to ever hold elected office in the U.S.

Wait, those actually happened? I think I'm starting to see Trump's statement had a little more validity than I expected.

This is, however, about how Trump said that we shouldn't be accepting immigrants from these countries. WE SHOULD, EVEN IF THEY'RE, you know. In fact, the fact that they're that bad means we have to accept immigrants from there even more. It's just Trump being the biggest bigot to ever hold elected office in the U.S.

I'mma stop you right there.

That title belongs to Reagan.

I'm not talking about "shithole". I'm talking about things like "hick" or "jabroni". We don't like them. We hate them. You were upset with me because I shouldn't say those things. And you're right. That was awful of me. Yet and still, these things happen (primarily to people of color) and they are told to get over it. Because "it's my right".

And yes, North Korea is a shithole. Not because of the citizens but because of its ass backwards ruler.

C'mon, Nancy Pelosi literally made a "five white guys" joke yesterday (ironically her whip in congress was one of those 5 white men).

It happens to everyone, people just prioritize it in cases where they feel targeted. And that's not a knock on you. There's a group that was pissed at Pelosi and not at Trump, and another group that was pissed at Trump and not at Pelosi. People tend to look at the complexity of reality and focus on the bits that make them look best or push their goals. I'm guilty of this too (not in this case, but in many others)

Angry at you? No. I think we should be able to say "jabroni" and "hick" and "baka"

They're cruel and wrong things to say, but give people enough rope and they'll hang themselves. The best disinfectant to finding the wicked people is sunlight

I don't think you're wicked, and you were doing yourself a disservice there by going for an ad hom attack, nothing more or less (see I didn't report you)

My whole thing with this, and a lot of the president's statements in general, is that its not how the POTUS should act. You're supposed to conduct yourself with dignity and tact when you're in that position. Its not illegal, its just... bad. It makes him look stupid and hateful, which in turn makes the US look stupid and hateful. For me there's no politics involved here at all, its just not something you say as the President of the United States of America. Things you do and say while in office can have far reaching consequences both here and internationally, and I don't think Donald Trump realizes or cares about that. If that doesn't raise some alarm bells, it should.

-A Duck's two cents

Opposing view pt, the US is under no obligation to prioritize taking in people from nations with far substandard living standards than us (which is what Sen Durbin was trying to get POTUS to do).

I'd add on the POTUS's point and also say we shouldn't take in people from rich nations that have a drastically different world view than us (like Norway). In my humble opinion, one more black kid born in Richmond or one more white kid born in Wisconsin is better for America than any immigrant could be

Opposing view pt, the US is under no obligation to prioritize taking in people from nations with far substandard living standards than us (which is what Sen Durbin was trying to get POTUS to do). 

I'd add on the POTUS's point and also say we shouldn't take in people from rich nations that have a drastically different world view than us (like Norway). In my humble opinion, one more black kid born in Richmond or one more white kid born in Wisconsin is better for America than any immigrant could be

So why can't he say "Its my opinion that the US should not prioritize taking in immigrants from nations with far lower living standards than our own." That's a valid way of saying the same thing without coming off like a simple minded, hateful person. I don;t agree with his opinions, but the issue here isn' what he's saying so much as the way he chooses to express himself.

So why can't he say "Its my opinion that the US should not prioritize taking in immigrants from nations with far lower living standards than our own." That's a valid way of saying the same thing without coming off like a simple minded, hateful person. I don;t agree with his opinions, but the issue here isn' what he's saying so much as the way he chooses to express himself.

That'd be a more eloquent way of saying things, if what he said was hateful (I don't think it is), then putting lipstick on the pig doesn't make it less hateful

A country's ability to integrate people from other countries is critical to both its own growth and its reputation with other countries. That said, there's a balance to be struck when it comes to how many people are allowed in, and immigrants from countries that are especially fundamentally different are going to be harder to integrate. I'm for a certain amount of immigration, but when it's en masse from a very different country then there's that much more to integrate which makes the integration that much more difficult for all parties involved including the migrants. 

A country's ability to integrate people from other countries is critical to both its own growth and its reputation with other countries. That said, there's a balance to be struck when it comes to how many people are allowed in, and immigrants from countries that are especially fundamentally different are going to be harder to integrate. I'm for a certain amount of immigration, but when it's en masse from a very different country then there's that much more to integrate which makes the integration that much more difficult for all parties involved including the migrants. 

And yet a country with one of the lowest immigration rates, Japan, is also one of the most successful?

And yet a country with one of the lowest immigration rates, Japan, is also one of the most successful?

Japan also only has guns on its police force.  Not to mention their school system and education is far more advanced (mostly because they go to school year round).  Their success is attributed to much more than their immigration rate.

Archived