Lord CowCow

Lord CowCow

A Wistful Breeze; A Lingering Melody

• S.S. Showdown
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,800 posts
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

We need more than one. I'd like to get a few in who are able to work together just in case throwing one person into things who holds views different than the rest is just begging to be torn apart.

Anyway as for who I think would be fitting. Not necessarily all of them but here's a few to choose from.

Black, for reasons all above.

Yui, because he was a good mod and if he thinks he'd be able to do it again that'd be great.

Bree, for similar reasons

Parenthesis, because that boy knows how to make people listen.

And of course

But I don't want to nominate myself that sounds selfish :x

Myself

I want in and the mods already know why but here's the gist of it.

I think I'm someone people can trust to listen to their issues and actually try and do something about it. Of course I can't promise to fix everything but I can at the very least be trusted to respond and see what I can do for anything that isn't uh...crazy.

I've been around quite some time now and I'm really active even when I have work, I always at least check things on the site each day, and I believe I'd be able to do some good as opposed to the hit and miss making threads about issues that I've been doing.

I just want to actually finally be able to feel like I can do something about the problems.

Also I'm sure many of you know that if I see an issue with something being done/posted I'll actually say it to the person. I already do it sometimes so why not let my words actually matter eh? That isn't to say I'll punish everything I think might be bad, that's silly, but I want to be able to at least mention it without mini-modding or going off topic too much.

Posted Image

White

White

• Night's Watch
  • 12,123 posts
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Life and Death
Dad spoke favorablely about Hina, and personally I'd recommend Jesse

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

W I R E D

W I R E D

S E N T I E N T

• VIP
  • 657 posts

Dad spoke favorablely about Hina,

Remember how I said no one else was qualified...?

I take that back.

You want new blood, you go Hina.

https://tinyurl.com/y73uyouw

EVOLVE TO THE NEW CONSCIOUSNESS

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Forward

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,909 posts

Can we not push revisionist history right now? Or even make it about tearing anyone down? This is the set up phase. It’s not even a day old, the thread should be positive until a good number of names are in the pot. We have like 5-6 atm, I believe. Just wait.

Roxas and I were often opposed. We disagreed about handling things. He never had a reign. Even with disagreements, it never reached anything resembling actual hostility until a couple weeks before demotion.

He wasn’t some evil mastermind. He wanted you banned, like much of the team. I believed it was wrong with the methods used, after evilfusion had made me realize that.

I pushed back on ideas like that and the NSFW rule, and I do appreciate support, but stop blindly praising me and pushing false narratives. I’m far from perfect.

This.

Just want to get this out of the way publicly. Black, I am not going to begrudge you in this thread. I just want to say that I am sick of Winter tearing me down to prop you up. I feel like Winter would hurt this election by speaking in bad faith. If there is any hostility, I do not wish to direct it towards you.

I’m going to take some time to get a clear head before I post my thoughts for nominations. I really do not want to fight with Black here, so I would appreciate it if Winter knocked it off with his “Black defied the Roxas tyranny” bit he keeps shoving into any talk of elections. It is completely mean-spirited and helps no one.

tumblr_inline_ot9go8xoBd1r7t2ot_540.gif

White

White

• Night's Watch
  • 12,123 posts

Who said this had anything to do with me?

I was more so talking about Enguin's seven wp incident and the locking threads in debates. My ban is between Evil and me, and Roxas was demoted long before it happened. Sure Roxas wanted me banned, but as you noted most people did. And you weren't around when Roxas was fucking around with my warning points. 

I'm not blindly praising anyone; our disagreements are numerous and well documented Black. The only reason I preferred you over Cow is I'm a little afraid the team will push Cowcow around, and I'm certain you wouldn't take it if they tried that with you.

Edit: Major problem with my original post is I said it was you single handly stopping the team, which is false since Evil and to a degree, Dad played a pretty big role. I gave you a little too much credit, I apologize

Posted Image

Posted Image

VCR_CAT

VCR_CAT

Video Cassette Kitteh

• Omnic
  • 2,478 posts
  • Spouse:Pizza

At first I was going to avoid this. With pretty much anything mod-related I've felt more or less like my views/ideals for what a mod team should look like are in such misalignment with most of the site that it would be hard to offer much input that would be both accepted, be constructive, and not add to any amount of drama. However, for this I do feel like, as another member of this site, I should offer my nominations. I mean, if I want this place to better, then I'm not going to accomplish that by doing nothing.

My not-so-short shortlist for nominations would be:

Black - As I've gotten to know you a bit better over time, I do feel like you can do a good job as a mod, and my nomination doesn't have to do with your performance in the past or how you have been before. It has to do with what kind of person I see you as now, and I do think you can step up to the plate for this position.

Cowcow - I don't think there's anything I can say here that hasn't been said before in this thread.

Sleepy - I can't think of many people on the site more universally liked/respected, and I think having that sort of presence on the mod team would be very beneficial for everyone. It's not just a matter of friendliness I put this nomination up, but a combination of overall people skills and reason. You're a smart and nice person, and I think you would do some good on the team.

Parenthesis - I've very much appreciated the way you've handled yourself and presented your points in the recent "issues", and it's the sort of voice that works towards building others and the site up rather than just simply throwing people under the bus. That's the way I want to see mods handle issues.

Bird - A guy can dream!!

Dova - You've given good reviews in CC, done a good job hosting contests, and overall have done a lot of good work in the CC section. You're also a pretty likable person, and I think that sort of positive productivity would be good to see in the team.

I also support Yui returning to the mod team if he feels he wants to. But yeah, I guess the final deal with these nominations is whether these individuals want to be in that position or not.

giphy.gif

Enjoy my comprehensive guide to Train Decks!
http://forum.yugiohc...s/#entry6619605

As well as my comprehensive guide to Cardian Decks!

http://forum.yugiohc...ians/?p=6948820

u8g1mOv.jpg

SmUH6Uv.png

White

White

• Night's Watch
  • 12,123 posts

This.

Just want to get this out of the way publicly. Black, I am not going to begrudge you in this thread. I just want to say that I am sick of Winter tearing me down to prop you up. I feel like Winter would hurt this election by speaking in bad faith. If there is any hostility, I do not wish to direct it towards you.

I’m going to take some time to get a clear head before I post my thoughts for nominations. I really do not want to fight with Black here, so I would appreciate it if Winter knocked it off with his “Black defied the Roxas tyranny” bit he keeps shoving into any talk of elections. It is completely mean-spirited and helps no one.

This is actually fair and I owe you an apology. 

I have redacted my old statement

She was a pretty active debtor in the height of Debates. We've had our disagreements on basically everything from Trans issues to the President. But what can be said about her is she stands her ground firmly and does her best to be objective. Some of the people nominated here act emotionally, and we should try to move away from that. I've found that Jesse treats people she agrees with and disagrees with equally in judgement. That's a rather important trait to have in a mod. 

It's not about being having neutral views, very few people are that, it's about being Neutral on your judgment.

Jesse is also an old fag, has friends in most pockets of YCM. She's been a little inactive (not in small part due to the chaos here), which might be a slight against her, but she's someone to consider in future waves

Posted Image

Posted Image

'

'

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

I'll second the Dova nomination. I was actually going to nominate him first but I had a couple minor concerns. He's an extremely reliable and agreeable person, and if he thinks he'd be up to the job then I'd welcome him as a mod

White

White

• Night's Watch
  • 12,123 posts

Dova and Sleepy make sense if we're considering a second CC or TCG mod respectively. I'm not entirely sure what the opening is, but I got the feel it was a PR mod spot. While both of them are incredibly qualified for their respective niches, I feel like there are better options for a general PR spot.

Good on Dae for bringing this up. Pretty sure mods should commit to not blocking users and being invisible. Doesn't apply in most cases, but there's a few 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

Wizard in Winter

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,198 posts

So, a nomination for Mod thread, huh? Level headed people with work ethic, eh? Alright...lemme see if I can put a few down.

Sai / Order Mario - Sai, for as long as I've known him on here, has had quite the work ethic going for him. I know good and well he has best intentions and even ideas regarding the forum and I have faith in him to know that he'd be a great addition to the team.

Yui - Dude was a Mod a while back, and honestly, he did a pretty good job at it. Not sure if he gelled well with the other Mods, but it sure seemed like he did. Plus he already knows what's expected of him in regards to Modship.

Chaos Sonic (Me) - Yes, I am adding myself into a nomination (if I can do that). It may sound selfish, but I think that this might be something I could accomplish. Level headed with work ethic, I could fit this role. Again, I may not have Mod experience nor do I seem to be Mod material, but I wanted to do more for this forum, which is one of the things I was hoping to do this year. If this happens to be the way to do that, then I'll take the opportunity.

Though if I can't just outright nominate myself, which to be fair, I can understand, then Sai and Yui being my nominations will be that.

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova
  • 2,775 posts
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova

Wasn't originally going to comment, but now that I've been nominated...

I firstly want to thank you guys for the support. It means a lot to me that you think I can be mod material, and you are willing to vote for me.

However, I don't think I am quite mod material yet. First off, my time management lately. I've been juggling this site, various others and many chats, which wouldn't normally be a problem, but considering that A) I don't really have much to do until Uni starts so I should really have free time and B) how many vidya games I've be playing that also take up this time. It's taken me a week to do two reviews; honestly. Secondly, I don't really know what I would do as mod. I'm all for keeping control of members, general moderating, being helpful etc. but I don't really have a plan or idea of what I would actually do/change in that position. Thirdly, I used to have a habit of running away when the going got tough, and I'm unsure if I've quite ironed that out yet.

So yeah, I would love to be a mod, but I don't think I should be your first choice at the moment, particularly if this is PR rather than CC/TCG.

As for my nominations, well, being a CC vet and not much else and being relatively new has me limited on my knowledge of other members, such as Black and Roxas, but I do know a few. Anywho, in no particular order:

Yui, even though I was absent for most of your modship, I have heard little but good things about it.

Darj, because, well, you're a great dude. I've seen you in both CC and TCG/OCG, and sometimes I feel put to shame in the former.

Cowcow. I have nothing new to say here.

Sleepy is great with people, and rarely if ever causes an argument. If there's one word to some up Sleepy, it's nice, but competent is a close second.

There are a few others, but I don't feel I know them well enough to nominate them.

"I make cards, but I can't make decks" - Dova 2016

Proud member of the Archetype Generator Meta and Duelist Port Royal! 

Random Stuff

J-Max

J-Max

Madolche Enthusiast

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

As was mentioned earlier, how does a fresh mod and a previous mod sound? If we do get fresh blood then please treat them well. I was warmly welcomed when I was a mod at it was great.

Yui and Cow are my recommendations thus far.

• Yui likes this

UpLrwFI.png

White

White

• Night's Watch
  • 12,123 posts

So yeah, I would love to be a mod, but I don't think I should be your first choice at the moment, particularly if this is PR rather than CC/TCG.

I hope you didn't take that line from me personally. It wasn't meant as a knock on your character or general ability

Posted Image

Posted Image

W I R E D

W I R E D

S E N T I E N T

• VIP
  • 657 posts

As was mentioned earlier, how does a fresh mod and a previous mod sound? If we do get fresh blood then please treat them well. I was warmly welcomed when I was a mod at it was great.

Yui and Cow are my recommendations thus far.

You were a good mod back in the day as far as I remember.

Also, straight up. I am downright sick of the Striker jokes and I wholeheartedly support Striker becoming a mod again. One of the most underrated mods on this site and the controversy surrounding his exit was completely overblown. When it comes to organizing clubs or events, no one is more detailed and in depth in their approach than Striker. He is a fine representation of this site and people's inability to stop whamming him over the head with that incident can be absolutely infuriating.

Decry my nomination all you want, but it's annoying how many people balk at the idea of Striker being a mod when other mods have done far worse and not bowed out as gracefully as he did.

In terms of old people I would support becoming a mod again:

Black

Striker

J-Max

In terms of new blood:

Hina

J-Max

J-Max

Madolche Enthusiast

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Thanks man.

I do have a lot of free time as me and Ashley look after each other as we are both overweight (looking into gastric band this year). I know that I was banned in the past due to my stupidity with the hentai and stuff but I do remember being a good mod (even banning the elusive ragnarok lol)

Not sure if you guys would accept me due to my past though......

But back to the topic at hand.

Striker needs power in contests.

UpLrwFI.png

Kazooie

Kazooie

Tired

• Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts
  • Discord:Kazooie#4258
  • Alias:Birdie
  • Spouse:Black & Melody

Edit: I also want to say Birdie wants to become mod again; that'd be a pretty good pick too. I imagine Black has more to say on that though.

If people want me back, I'm open to returning. But if people decide they don't want me to take up the position, I won't fight it. I've made it clear from the start that the community's input is valuable to me, and this isn't really different.

tumblr_inline_oyk1gkC3gE1rf2gbc_250.gif

White

White

• Night's Watch
  • 12,123 posts

I mean sakura is doing what Striker, but without warning and without apologizing and nobody gives a shit

Striker was polite enough to ask for permission before removing something that was basically harassment targetted at him

That being said, he can't fill gas...so

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mitch-Arei-Gensou-Engi-tan

Mitch-Arei-Gensou-Engi-tan

稗田 阿求

• Back Alley Alliance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts
  • Alias:Mitcher

jesse was mentioned earlier in the thread and i support that too, just throwing that out there. said individual is clearly able to deal with winter professionally despite their drastically contrasting perspectives on fucking everything. that's a pretty important personality trait to have in a mod imo. also for similar reasons to darj

At first I was going to avoid this. With pretty much anything mod-related I've felt more or less like my views/ideals for what a mod team should look like are in such misalignment with most of the site that it would be hard to offer much input that would be both accepted, be constructive, and not add to any amount of drama. However, for this I do feel like, as another member of this site, I should offer my nominations. I mean, if I want this place to better, then I'm not going to accomplish that by doing nothing.

My not-so-short shortlist for nominations would be:

Black - As I've gotten to know you a bit better over time, I do feel like you can do a good job as a mod, and my nomination doesn't have to do with your performance in the past or how you have been before. It has to do with what kind of person I see you as now, and I do think you can step up to the plate for this position.

Cowcow - I don't think there's anything I can say here that hasn't been said before in this thread.

Sleepy - I can't think of many people on the site more universally liked/respected, and I think having that sort of presence on the mod team would be very beneficial for everyone. It's not just a matter of friendliness I put this nomination up, but a combination of overall people skills and reason. You're a smart and nice person, and I think you would do some good on the team.

Parenthesis - I've very much appreciated the way you've handled yourself and presented your points in the recent "issues", and it's the sort of voice that works towards building others and the site up rather than just simply throwing people under the bus. That's the way I want to see mods handle issues.

Bird - A guy can dream!!

Dova - You've given good reviews in CC, done a good job hosting contests, and overall have done a lot of good work in the CC section. You're also a pretty likable person, and I think that sort of positive productivity would be good to see in the team.

I also support Yui returning to the mod team if he feels he wants to. But yeah, I guess the final deal with these nominations is whether these individuals want to be in that position or not.

i'm not fully to the point of nominating you but have you considered yourself by the way?

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

VD78ldS.png

W I R E D

W I R E D

S E N T I E N T

• VIP
  • 657 posts

I know that I was banned in the past due to my stupidity with the hentai and stuff but I do remember being a good mod (even banning the elusive ragnarok lol)

Okay, that is literally the only decision you made that I disagreed with. Other than that you were great.

Lambdadelta

Lambdadelta

Willpower is the catalyst to realize dreams.

• Zettai no Majo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts
  • Discord:Lambdadelta#7558
  • Alias:Hina
  • Spouse:Bern
For those who support me (Halu, Winter and Dad), I'd like to express my willingness and self-confidence in the matter. My time besides university is spent on literary fiction and philosophy so that I am in fact present regardless of my posting frequency, which Dad earlier remarked on. I have impartiality, objectivity and competence: the tangible triad of moderation, which is not chimerical (and thus easy to agree on) not embryonic (and thus rapidly applicable).

Otherwise, Fusion has expressed that pivotal cordiality and competence. He understands himself as an emotional being and utility of rules as the terms of use, which make him socially and critically agreeable a choice. His single bout of anger was succeeded by a synthesis of reflection—the kernel to adaptive and blooming moderation—and real behavioral shift through action, culminating to personal development. He's competent, alongside these, and his friendly, humble demeanor augurs well for a consolidated connection with the members.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users