Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New Staff Member Election

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
247 replies to this topic

Tsumugi Shirogane

Tsumugi Shirogane

Fiction.

• Moderators

• 47,641 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie

I would like to put forward another initiative, optional though it may be. We have a good bit of names now, probably in the 12~ range, but this is still very new. It would probably be for the best if we had some sort of set time on nomination period... Then have a discussion to suss out the final picks. I don't know how many people would be in the voting bracket at the end, could be anywhere from 3 to 10, but this does seem like the best direction to take something like this in.

But the initiative... I suggest that nominees cannot speak ill of another nominee. It doesn't look good for either side to have that occur, and there are people willing to speak up who don't have a dog in this fight. Speaking in private amongst those you agree with is one thing, but it seems like it's unsporting to try to win by tearing your opposition down. Especially when we're trying to achieve change and progress.

However, this is all just my opinion. I'm a nominee, like all of you, and I intend to follow through on this. It would probably be fine for the final crop of candidates to discuss each other a bit more freely, but I believe it will only breed strife at this point. Maybe the moderators can also have a discussion with the nominees what they think of the others, and try to present that in an unbiased manner, with anonymity granted to those offering up opinions?

Up to each of you to see if you want to do this, though. No sense forcing it to be peaceful, by members or mods alike.

I would also say that, if you're a fan of 2 mods being elected and/or 1 former 1 new mod being elected, you should speak up, clearly. The team has to know what you want to consider it, after all.

• Yui likes this

You are an insane person and very creative.

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,881 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:28 AM
While this isn't official personally I feel we should leave this one until Tuesday or Wednesday and start making voting threads after that.
cZx2XQg.png
FC: 0989-1906-1912

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 14,027 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:18 AM
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

I would also say that, if you're a fan of 2 mods being elected and/or 1 former 1 new mod being elected, you should speak up, clearly. The team has to know what you want to consider it, after all.

Strongly in favor of this. Don't remember who's Idea it was (Cow or J-Max I think)

But support it. 

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades

• 3,650 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:56 AM
  • Alias:Yui

I like that initiative you're proposing. It's better for one to win on one's own merits than on somebody else's shortcomings. As for that last bit, although I proposed it, it feels worth reiterating that I think it'd be good for the mods to have one returning mod and one completely new to the team.

Strongly in favor of this. Don't remember who's Idea it was (Cow or J-Max I think)

It-Was-Me-Jim-Carrey-Liar-Liar.gif

JustYui.gif

stuff I've won

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 14,027 posts

While this isn't official personally I feel we should leave this one until Tuesday or Wednesday and start making voting threads after that.

So what are people running for again? Like what section is this gonna be a modship of?

bngoeJd.gif

Tsumugi Shirogane

Tsumugi Shirogane

Fiction.

• Moderators

• 47,641 posts
    Last Visit

So what are people running for again? Like what section is this gonna be a modship of?

What kind of position will this new staff member fill?

None! Ok, not quite, but the spot isn't going to be for a specific section. We need more voices on the team; more opinions, and more manpower to properly keep things running smoothly. No specific expertise necessary, just a good, level head and the work ethic to get shit done.

Someone who fills a general role, it would seem. Nothing specific.

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 14,027 posts

Someone who fills a general role, it would seem. Nothing specific.

Ah, was a little confused cause it seemed like a PR mod.

All the better tbh

bngoeJd.gif

SK79LinkXyz

SK79LinkXyz

jamais vu is a serious matter......

• Advanced Members
  • 380 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 10:45 AM
  • Discord:MidnightTexas
  • Alias:SK79LinkXyz
please do not vote for me. I do not want the job. thank you.
"behold I shall be a blight upon this forum

and everything I touch shall wither and die."

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,881 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:28 AM

please do not vote for me. I do not want the job. thank you.

We will likely draw up an initial list of names and anyone that doesn't want the job can have their name removed before the voting threads are made.
cZx2XQg.png
FC: 0989-1906-1912

(Mizzet)

(Mizzet)

Firemind

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,265 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon
Frankly, I think we should distinguish between "tearing down candidates" and "pointing out weaknesses of candidates".

In the past, people have been promoted because their weaknesses were unknown or unconsidered. After time had passed, those problems, that those who kept silent already knew about, became apparent.

If somebody has a legitimate concern about someone, they should by all means bring it forward, whether the concerned individual is being considered for modship or not. Of course this shouldn't be a battle, this should not be determined by people tearing each other down, but to shut out criticism will only lead to a blind decision being made.

So before this all is over, I'm going to be going over what I believe the weaknesses of everyone brought forward in this thread. This includes myself. I want this process to be as amicable as possible, but a discussion where we only bring up positives is intentional ignorance.

J-Max

J-Max

Madolche Enthusiast

• Madolche
  • 13,221 posts
    Last Visit May 15 2018 10:19 AM
  • Spouse:ur mom

Frankly, I think we should distinguish between "tearing down candidates" and "pointing out weaknesses of candidates".

In the past, people have been promoted because their weaknesses were unknown or unconsidered. After time had passed, those problems, that those who kept silent already knew about, became apparent.

If somebody has a legitimate concern about someone, they should by all means bring it forward, whether the concerned individual is being considered for modship or not. Of course this shouldn't be a battle, this should not be determined by people tearing each other down, but to shut out criticism will only lead to a blind decision being made.

So before this all is over, I'm going to be going over what I believe the weaknesses of everyone brought forward in this thread. This includes myself. I want this process to be as amicable as possible, but a discussion where we only bring up positives is intentional ignorance.

Have to agree here. As long as it doesn't lead to spite it should be open discussion. The mods have full control over the thread(s). so can dish out warnings and such if it gets too personal.

Posted Image

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neow

• Moderators
  • 11,609 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:18 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Oh shit there's gonna be an actual vote vote?

BRAWL TIME

Also yeah, more than one is ideal. Yeah.

8PBUpdp.gif

SK79LinkXyz

SK79LinkXyz

• Advanced Members
  • 380 posts

Good points. Ive been around here and there so I know the finer points of certain people who were in similar position later revealed their true nature (only after getting said job.)

People need to be honest as well, for example I do not feel I would be able to donate enough of my time to the job. This is one of the reason why I declined the offer. Others should follow suit.

I think some people who may get the job would honestly abuse the power given which means if they get the job it would be back to square one once more.

We will see how it goes in the next few days.

Also we need to see who needs to be dismissed as that will tells us how many and what position will be available.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Tsumugi Shirogane

Fiction.

• Moderators

• 47,641 posts
    Last Visit
Now, I definitely don't think that mouths should be kept shut forever. I only feel that you shouldn't be too loose lipped this early on in the process. I would hope that there's some sort of top 5 of the nominees who go up for vote, and I would say that discussing those is more merit worthy.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong. There are some choices I thought weren't great, but I don't want to step on any toes before things get more serious. I just figured it would be a nice idea, if it worked out.

Que sera sera.

Quokka FLOCKA

Quokka FLOCKA

dig beak membr

• Senior Members
  • 5,551 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:51 AM
  • Alias:Best Mod
  • Spouse:Icy and ur mom

I nominate Krow for mod and best mod. As much as my meme campaign was a meme I actually do want to contribute to this forum. YCM was a pretty big part of my life back in the day. I'd like to give back since I got unbanned (Shoutout to Dad <3). 

I have experience in this area. I've ran multiple, and some popular fansites. I'm one of the higher ups at my job and own a side business with employees so I deal with discipline almost on a daily basis. 

Due to the nature of my work I am also available at all waking times so activity isn't an issue.

Offical friend of Willieh

SK79LinkXyz

SK79LinkXyz

• Advanced Members
  • 380 posts
I don't one should vote for themselves. one can say they want the job and want to be nominated.

Then again even applied, people will get their friends/etc. to vouch so, this concept does have its flaws.

VCR_CAT

VCR_CAT

Video Cassette Kitteh

• Omnic

• 2,832 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:44 PM
  • Spouse:Pizza

jesse was mentioned earlier in the thread and i support that too, just throwing that out there. said individual is clearly able to deal with winter professionally despite their drastically contrasting perspectives on fucking everything. that's a pretty important personality trait to have in a mod imo. also for similar reasons to darj

i'm not fully to the point of nominating you but have you considered yourself by the way?

I wasn't sure how many people would be on board with the idea, and with the last moderation-consideration thread I think Cow laid out some good reasons for why I might not be fit for the job. I'd be willing to give it a shot if people wanted me, but yeah I don't think I'll be nominating myself.

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA

giphy.gif

u8g1mOv.jpg

Chaotic Angel

Chaotic Angel

The Cursed Emperor

• Legendary Members
  • 10,827 posts
    Last Visit Jul 23 2018 01:28 PM
  • Discord:Ronzilla#2134
  • Alias:Chaotic Angel
  • Spouse:ur mom

Hmm... I don't want to be nominating myself either, but having discussed with Sakura before about being one I don't mind giving it a shot IF I am absolutely needed.

On the other hand, I recommend Cow and Parenthesis to become mods in their own right. Chaos Sonic seems like a good candidate as well, don't get me wrong.

I mean, it's going to be a hard call. There's a lot of members we know and should deserve a moderating spot. I can't say for sure who though.

TLDR: Cow, Parenthesis and Chaos Sonic are my recommended members other than myself.

Sig

Upcoming Projects

For reference only

Name History

Senyuu --> Angelic Champion

Angelic Champion --> Final Slayer

Final Slayer --> Chaotic Angel

Chaotic Angel -->Dark Necromancer

Dark Necromancer --> Chaotic Angel

Chaotic Angel --> Cirnotic Angel

Cirnotic Angel --> Chaotic Angel

Logos

Dad

Dad

I was just hoping you know.

• Juice

• 14,719 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:33 AM
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

When I originally brought this forward to the team with the idea of a new election, my intention was to do multiple cycles.  Receive the wanted nominations and ask the members to reduce it to top five out of the nominated candidates.  This would then be taken to a vote between five candidates to reduce the pool to three.  This process continues to remove one more candidate by vote, leaving two candidates for moderation.  The members would choose between the top two and whoever won would be placed in a trial period like everyone else.

There's currently an ongoing discussion about adjusting this for other purposes which we're not ready to discuss just yet, so please be patient with us.

Drowning in your silence.

bury the year

bury the year

reach heaven through violence

• Senior Members
  • 9,622 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 08:04 PM
  • Alias:Rinne

When I originally brought this forward to the team with the idea of a new election, my intention was to do multiple cycles.  Receive the wanted nominations and ask the members to reduce it to top five out of the nominated candidates.  This would then be taken to a vote between five candidates to reduce the pool to three.  This process continues to remove one more candidate by vote, leaving two candidates for moderation.  The members would choose between the top two and whoever won would be placed in a trial period like everyone else.

There's currently an ongoing discussion about adjusting this for other purposes which we're not ready to discuss just yet, so please be patient with us.

Not to henpeck, but this seems superfluous. If the idea is that "we need to reform the mod team with any semblance of expedience," then holding multiple rounds of voting accomplishes nothing that a single first-past-the-post vote does not. Frankly, do one round of voting and get it over with already.

Additionally, I would feel much more comfortable with this process if the staff team is able to hold some form of "veto by consensus," whether it is once the nominations are received, or after voting has been tallied. (i.e. If a majority of staff doesn't believe a member should serve and can provide an explanation, they shouldn't be allowed to participate in the election.) While I acknowledge that something of the sort was what undermined the last attempt of a mod election, from the perspective of a former moderator of this site and others, the majority of members are unfit for staff duties. That very well may include members who've been nominated or who have posted in this thread.While the staff team certainly isn't infallible, they at least know what characteristics they desire and require of other prospective staff. This will help to guard against spoilers or any other attempts to undermine the process.

And as to stay true to the purpose of this thread, I nominate Giga/Parenthesis and Birdie, and no others, for the position of moderator. Their virtues have been praised in previous posts, so I'll just echo the sentiments there and call it a day.

1This is totally me being vague, but I don't feel it's appropriate to list any particulars unless it is specifically requested of me.

dAx113Q.gif

edh decks • ephara, god of the polishallar, the firefletcher • tuvasa the sunlit (wip)

decathlon challenge (1/10) • (azorius) • (dimir) • (rakdos) • (gruul) • emmara, soul of the accord • (orzhov) • (golgari) • (simic) • (izzet) • (boros)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users