Question(s) about Pendulum monster(s) and Link Monster(s)

Phelphor, of the Deep

Question

I know due to the new extra deck rule, if you do pendulum summon, only 1 pendulum monster (face-up from your Extra Deck) can be summoned to the Extra Deck Zone but, you can also summon monsters from your hand in addition to this. Plus the new rule that the pendulum zone has become part of the Spell/Trap Zone (2 zones in the Spell/Trap zone also double as the pendulum zones). I have a few questions regarding pendulum monster(s) and link monster(s)....

Question 1: If I use Pendulum monsters to link summon, do these pendulum monsters go the GY or the Extra Deck face-up as pendulum usually do?

Question 2: I have a link monster in my extra deck monster zone and have pendulum cards in my pendulum zone so the question is can I pendulum summon pendulum monster(s) to the extra deck zones my link monster points to?

Question 3: If my link monster points to more than 1 space can I pendulum summon more than 1 pendulum monster from my extra deck?

Thanks for responding.

2 answers to this question

1. Your Pendulum monsters go to the Extra Deck. The only situations in which a Pendulum monster goes to the Graveyard is when it wasn't on the field (hit by Warning, discarded, milled, detached).

2. Yes. That's how Extra Monster Zones and Linked Zones work. Those are greenlit spots for any monster coming from the Extra Deck, including Pendulum monsters.

1. Your Pendulum monsters go to the Extra Deck. The only situations in which a Pendulum monster goes to the Graveyard is when it wasn't on the field (hit by Warning, discarded, milled, detached).

2. Yes. That's how Extra Monster Zones and Linked Zones work. Those are greenlit spots for any monster coming from the Extra Deck, including Pendulum monsters.

3. Yes. Note that I did have to look up the answer to that myself, but it logically makes sense given something similar happens with the other Extra Deck Summoning methods.

Archived