[DBDS] Skyfang Brigade

186_20171225030203_XKJwRdldXWLlVcYmBZYmj

Kuugadan no Eiyuu Lafarl / Lafarl, Hero of the Skyfang Brigade
Light Dragon / Effect
LV8 2800/2200
You can only use this card name's (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can activate this effect; excavate cards from the top of your Deck, equal to the number of "Skyfang Brigade" monsters you control, except "Lafarl, Hero of the Skyfang Brigade", add 1 of the excavated cards to your hand, and shuffle the others into the Deck.
(2) When an opponent's monster effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 "Skyfang Brigade" card; negate that activation.

186_20171225030221_CtBTh6EUSneAVwaGfnRHC

Kuugadan no Hishou Recon / Recon, Skyscout of the Skyfang Brigade
Wind Beast / Effect
LV2 100/500
(1) During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Skyfang Brigade" monster from your hand, except "Recon, Skyscout of the Skyfang Brigade".
(2) If another "Skyfang Brigade" monster is Special Summoned to your field while this card is already face-up: You can target 1 Set card on the field; destroy it.

Kuugadan no Gekishu Donpa / Donpa, Marksman of the Skyfang Brigade
Wind Beast / Effect
LV2 500/1000
(1) During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Skyfang Brigade" monster from your hand, except "Donpa, Marksman of the Skyfang Brigade".
(2) If another "Skyfang Brigade" monster is Special Summoned to your field while this card is already face-up: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; destroy it.

186_20171225030235_YNeHuzH5lHYKh8OkzXoY1
Kuugadan no Toushi Blavo / Blavo, Fighter of the Skyfang Brigade
Fire Reptile / Effect
LV4 1900/200
(1) During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Skyfang Brigade" monster from your hand, except "Blavo, Fighter of the Skyfang Brigade".
(2) If another "Skyfang Brigade" monster is Special Summoned to your field while this card is already face-up: You can activate this effect; all "Skyfang Brigade" monsters on the field gain 500 ATK/DEF until thend of this turn.

Kuugandan no Kenshi Beat / Beat, Swordman of the Skyfang Brigade
Earth Warrior / Effect
LV3 1200/500
(1) During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Skyfang Brigade" monster from your hand, except "Beat, Swordsman of the Skyfang Brigade".
(2) If another "Skyfang Brigade" monster is Special Summoned to your field while this card is already face-up: You can add 1 "Skyfang Brigade" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Beat, Swordsman of the Skyfang Brigade".

186_20171225030247_kg5LIUxU6QHPfm7E0PKbF
Kuugadan no Eichi Wiz / Wiz, Sage of the Skyfang Brigade
Water Spellcaster / Effect
LV7 1600/2800
(1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can gain 500 LP for each "Skyfang Brigade" monster with a different name you control, except "Wiz, Sage of the Skyfang Brigade". 
(2) When an opponent's Spell/Trap Card is activated (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 "Skyfang Brigade" card; negate that activation.

Kuugadan no Koukou Sajita / Sajita, Loner of the Skyfang Brigade
Wind Wind Beast / Effect
LV5 1200/2400
You can only use this card name's (1) effect once per turn.
(1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each "Skyfang Brigade" monster with a different name you control.
(2) Your opponent cannot target "Skyfang Brigade" monsters you control for an attack, except this one.

186_20171225030258_4Wxeo9rBjD7HmacffLRcV
Kuugadan Shuuren / Skyfang Brigade Training
Continuous Trap Card
You can only activate the effect of a card with this name once per turn.
(1) If a "Skyfang Bridage" monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect: You can target 1 of those monsters; Special Summon 1 "Skyfang Bridage" monster from your Deck whose Level is lower than the Original Level of that monster.

Hiryuutei - Fandra / Dragon Airship - Fandra
Field Spell Card
(1) Before you draw during your Draw Phase: You can add 1 "Skyfang Bridage" monster from your Deck to your hand.
(2) If you control 5 or more different "Skyfang Bridage" monsters: You can send this card in your Field Zone to the Graveyard; Destroy all cards your opponent controls, but your opponent takes no damage until the end of this turn.

New theme, first from Dark Savior/Saver. And I pretty much wanna refer to it as Redwall.dek. Field Spell is slow, but defo strong as hell. Trap seems garbo, Level 3 is surprisingly strong.

keanZT7.png

I'm definitely liking the little ones. Getting a Ruri vibe from them, and that makes me happy.

The bigger guys are also pretty cool, especially the negators, but I get the feeling that they are very dependent on maintaining a hand advantage, which seems difficult outside of their rather slow Field Spell.

Birdtits is clearly the worst, though at the same time the archetype seems to really want to keep the small guys on the field for as long as possible rather than using them for fodder, though that didn't seem to make running her worth it.

Super, super reliant on Beat and Lafarl (the field is nice but it's not reliable in any way) though thankfully Lafarl is never going to be dead. I'm not really sure yet on what to think since they seems to be really prone to blowouts due to how much they need to dedicate to the field.

This is...surprisingly refreshing. They don't rely on an Extra Deck or column based gimmicks, they have simple Special Summoning effects that can spam, but only if you don't bring the big monsters out, their types and Attributes are all over the place, having 3 Beast/WIND is the closest they come they come. They are not super strong right now, but they are already playable with what we have here. It feels almost retro, but still modern enough. I wonder if there will be anything else here, because it feels like they would work with a Fusion Monster, possibly Contact Fusion based on their playstyle.

EDIT: Oh, the Field Spell says 5 or more, so yeah, probably gonna get some sort of Extra Deck monster. Well, it's fine, doesn't matter to me, Main Deck only have gotten enough love lately anyway.

WIND (Windwitch Engine Synergy) Level 8 (Trade-In) Dragon (Return of the Dragon Lords), and already this Archetype's off to a roaring start in terms of engine/tech choices. And it Pot of Dualities out more Skyfangs on Return of the Dragon Lords Skyfang Summon effects AND NEGATES BY DISCARD okay that one almost seems contradictory to the rest of the Archetype's hand-intensive playstyle tho.  

But seriously, already the best card here, and really, this Deck can run without need of the Normal Summon (THREE different Beast monsters within this Archetype means Ayers Rock Sunrise, which I am utterly shocked everyone forgets exists, is also your friend) so hullo Grinder Golem tie-ins. Also, main searcher's Reinforcement of the Army-happy, the Trap....okay I used to call monster-replacing traps trash too, then Metalfoes Counter nearly cost me an inch of enamel grinding my teeth together so yeah, that's not gonna get a SECONDED from lil' ol me.  Plus it activates your currently placed boards on demand, so....

Field spells a bit slow, but it seems sturdy if you can keep it on the field long-really, face-up Spells are gonna be a monster's issue and the boss can handle that if necessary, second Hornet's Nest comes out, nobody's hitting backrow with destruction/banishment effects, so Localized Trunade'll be the main thing going, and considerin-okay, yeah, I'm reading too much into this card, run it if you want, but it'll mainly be for the last effect like Scars was. And really, they'll likely be more support for them-all it needs is ONE SUMMONING SPELL/TRAP and everyone'll get sick of seeing this Deck so much. 

But yeah, run Grinder, Trade-In, shittons of Ayers Rock and/or GY revival Spells/Traps-especially for Sajita, 2500 damage to cap off a turn of splashing out your whole board is bonkers for one card to do from the GY. And the Spellcaster is wondrously cool-think some copies of her will do for the negation, but how much is the question. 

Yeah, solid set with the support stated ad nausem by moi above.

If anything for this themes style of play I feel like they may make a Destiny Draw esc card for it to help with the themes consistence plus the fact that the smaller monsters can easily bring the bigger ones into play is really nice for the deck. Still with Sajita it could of done with Wiz's DEF to be a more consistent Wall Monster.

I like the theme of the archetype. A crew that roam in a freaking airship.

I wish Blavo had the effects of Beat though, since I find its artwork amazing and it's a FIRE/Reptile, an underused typing, that further gets FIRE 200 DEF support, and could have been a solid core for the archetype. But the Warrior took that role, oh well.

With the 2 Level 2 Beasts I cannot but think of Obedience Schooled, which would help in getting more Skyfangs on board for their effects, but the lock on Beast Special Summon is such a hindrance. If only it didn't have it.

The Spell/Trap support looks decent, but AFAIK not good enough for the top tier levels. Maybe if they had floating effects as bonus they would have been closer.

Play Beat, play another guy, search lafarl, play lafarl, get a power spell. Yeah, I like these guys.

The fact that lafarl doesn't need to get a skyfang card makes such a huge difference. He could grab a pot of desires to just provide advantage, he could grab soul charge so you could gain massive advantage the next turn (or decent advantage then and there), et cetera.

Honestly, other than lafarl, I don't think you use anything over level 4. Maybe 1 wiz, but the deck feels better off just capitalizing on the fact that lafarl is just amazing.

Archived