[OCG] The Valuable Book 20 Promos

192_20180110015454_zqe3TCVl2T7eP7Y3QS2em

VB20-JP001 クインテット・マジシャン Quintet Magician
Level 12 DARK Spellcaster Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 4500
DEF 4500
Materials: 5 Spellcaster monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned.
(1) If this card is Fusion Summoned by using 5 Spellcaster monsters with different names as materials: You can destroy all cards your opponent controls.
(2) Cannot be Tributed or be used as a Fusion Material, and cannot be destroyed by card effects.

VB20-JP002 円融魔術 Magicalize Fusion
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
(1) Fusion Summon 1 Spellcaster Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by banishing monsters you control or have in your GY as Fusion Materials.

BEUD's rival/Five Headed Dragon's counterpart has appeared!

Quintet laughs at Kaijus, basically.  Although immunity to being Tributed or destroyed by card effects is pretty lacking, being a 4500 Beatstick with a Nuke Button sorta makes up for it, I guess.

And now Spellcasters can join in on the Dragon's Mirror fun, too.  Kinda disappointing that Fusing is all it does, but it still gives a new option to Spellcaster Fusions.

Since Magicalize Fusion it can use monsters on the field Pendulum Magicians can (that any Pendulum Magicians in grave if used as Xyz Material)

If you can make Z-ARC, clearly you can make this. Just need an extra monster. Timestar perhaps?

Is that monster in the fusion spell picture a already existing monster or a new one all together? Also noticing the fusion looking full dark magician so possibly other dm support for it?

I don't think it exists. Although, it resembles Apple Magician Girl, except it's male.

I’m glad that Magicalize Fusion has Fusion in the name, but I’m prettt sure that quintet isn’t good.

The nuke is neat, but only if you make it for a +0, and the protection leaves it open to targeting effects.

Interesting that we finally got an anti-Kaiju protection, though.

Shaddolls could use the Miracle Fusion for Winda, but not sure if it would be that big of a play to warrant running this card. I would use it to Summon the Fusion, though, since Shaddolls should have little issues with getting 5 different Spellcasters in the GY. Trying to think of any other potentially relevant Spellcaster to Summon through it, but got nothing yet. inb4 the 2 Thousand-Eyes Restricts :v

Feels kinda random to me to get a Spellcaster version of 5-Headed Dragon as this time when the latter has been around for so long. I get the vibe this monster could appear in a movie or mini-series as the trump card of Yugi or the otherwise protagonist xD

The spell pisses me off because it sounds kind of useful until you realize there are barely any fusion spellcasters in the first place and all the ones that exist generally don't need this. Supreme Arcanite and Crystal Bell have Miracle Synchro Fusion, Dark Paladin has Timaeus and the Buster Blader archetype fusion, Thousand-Eyes and Millennium-Eyes have Relinquished Fusion, Time Magic Hammer needs Hermos, Winda doesn't need it, and as far as I know, everything else are cruddy non-effect monsters.

Quintet himself seems like the definition of a win more card. And I personally think we've had more than enough Dark Magician aesthetic bosses.

Not personally very fond of these as far as promos go.

Is it just me, or Quintet Magician resembles Silent Swordsman from the skin and hair color? If it's indeed him, I wonder how he ended up as a Spellcaster.

Also does the Spellcaster from the Fusion Spell appear somewhere else? I don't think I have seen it before.

of interesting note, if you use future fusion in shaddolls, you can now trigger 5 monsters in one go, all before your main phase, and nuke your opponent's board on the very next turn. which is nice.

other than that, the card's not the greatest thing ever, but it's an easy 4500 monster to throw out if you have the means to do so, and it'll only ever get easier to summon with time.

as for the spell, there's nothing that i know of that needs it. if it were a quickplay, it'd be borderline busted, but it's not, so it's just a meh card that may or may not see much use in the future. it's not terrible, but it's just a less valuable dragon's mirror.

[Lazy admin. Fix your damn website]

OP. You missed another monster from the value book pack that lets you discard 2 spellcasters from your hand to Set 2 spell/trap card that has dark magician in it's text from your main deck.

source? I can't find this anywhere

but so is every 4500 monster

what i mean is just that it's a strong monster, that will only get easier to summon over time, and if you run anything that sends things to grave often, then you can likely drop it on turn 2-3. it's not bad, it just doesn't have a proper niche atm.

of interesting note, if you use future fusion in shaddolls, you can now trigger 5 monsters in one go, all before your main phase, and nuke your opponent's board on the very next turn. which is nice.

other than that, the card's not the greatest thing ever, but it's an easy 4500 monster to throw out if you have the means to do so, and it'll only ever get easier to summon with time.

as for the spell, there's nothing that i know of that needs it. if it were a quickplay, it'd be borderline busted, but it's not, so it's just a meh card that may or may not see much use in the future. it's not terrible, but it's just a less valuable dragon's mirror.

Future Fusion was errata'd to mill the next turn, and Summon the Fusion in the 2nd turn. I do like the idea of milling 5 Spellcasters, not just Shaddolls but also Trick Clown or maybe FairyTail Snow, and pressure the opponent into destroying Future Fusion, though.

Future Fusion was errata'd to mill the next turn, and Summon the Fusion in the 2nd turn. I do like the idea of milling 5 Spellcasters, not just Shaddolls but also Trick Clown or maybe FairyTail Snow, and pressure the opponent into destroying Future Fusion, though.

that's the idea. yeah FF is slower now, but with this monster, it can become a MASSIVE threat in dolls, if not dealt with asap. it's removal pressure that while somewhat slow, will generate more than enough advantage upon trigger to be worth running.

also, winter, who runs DAD in dolls? i mean, it's not a bad monster, but dolls have enough trouble with element variation for their fusions, and they have more than enough battle power via said fusions (in combination with the doll effects) to kill most threats. DAD wouldn't help them all that much would it?

that's the idea. yeah FF is slower now, but with this monster, it can become a MASSIVE threat in dolls, if not dealt with asap. it's removal pressure that while somewhat slow, will generate more than enough advantage upon trigger to be worth running.

also, winter, who runs DAD in dolls? i mean, it's not a bad monster, but dolls have enough trouble with element variation for their fusions, and they have more than enough battle power via said fusions (in combination with the doll effects) to kill most threats. DAD wouldn't help them all that much would it?

OCG side? Many people. I don't after Construct got banned. Chaos Emperor and BLS were my main ways of grave manipulation. You can use Avarice I guess, but relying on a semi'd spell that can be outed by hand traps seemed questionable to me. You run 3 allure, run Brio and Coral Dragon. And then there's the fusions. In most cases you can make it work.

What elemental variation are you referring to? Dad's just nice to clean out a backrow before investing in Trish or something. Or baiting a solemn

OCG side? Many people. I don't after Construct got banned. Chaos Emperor and BLS were my main ways of grave manipulation. You can use Avarice I guess, but relying on a semi'd spell that can be outed by hand traps seemed questionable to me. You run 3 allure, run Brio and Coral Dragon. And then there's the fusions. In most cases you can make it work.

What elemental variation are you referring to? Dad's just nice to clean out a backrow before investing in Trish or something. Or baiting a solemn

in general, the main elements i run are shekhinaga, and anoyatillis (winda goes 3 without saying) with the other fusions being 1-of each just in case. main build i see nowadays though is the invoked build, since it gives them access to beaters, makes the WIND fusion element, not be complete trash, and gives them a reason to run LIGHT monsters. might try adding a dad to the deck then.

in general, the main elements i run are shekhinaga, and anoyatillis (winda goes 3 without saying) with the other fusions being 1-of each just in case. main build i see nowadays though is the invoked build, since it gives them access to beaters, makes the WIND fusion element, not be complete trash, and gives them a reason to run LIGHT monsters. might try adding a dad to the deck then.

r4UY0tH.jpg?1

I like my dolls more pure tbh

That being said, I can see myself take out 2-3 card in the main to find room for Quintet and Magical. Dad at that point would be a lot better

Archived