I have precisely too fucking many nominations, ama

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Why do you love helping people, SasoriNara?

I'd say I forgot about that, but I see it every time I log in, and considering the log out button is right beside notifications, it's a pretty common occurrence.

The short version of why I like to help people is because there are a lot of things in the world that suck, and helping to improve one of them is an accomplishment in and of itself.

Isolation and lack of involvement, huh?

*Starts scribbling things down in a notebook* Interesting...

If you want elaboration, it basically boils down to the fact that, while you are by every means a positive force in the RP section, I've seen very little effort from you to help with things elsewhere in the site.

It's been said a few times that a level head, fair judgment, and decent activity are the most important things to be a mod. I disagree with that. Or rather, that's not the kind of mod I think YCM needs right now. Flame Dragon is the epitome of those things, but even with him in the Captain's Chair, things have kinda been spiralling down over the last year.

I think that what the forum needs is someone willing to put in the work to push to improve things. People might argue "well if they became a mod, they'd step up" but I don't think that defense is valid. You don't need to be a mod to step up. Cowcow has proven that. Yui has proven it. Black has proven it. Hell, even I've proven it. The mod team needs a public servant, not another adjudicator.

The short version of why I like to help people is because there are a lot of things in the world that suck, and helping to improve one of them is an accomplishment in and of itself.If you want elaboration, it basically boils down to the fact that, while you are by every means a positive force in the RP section, I've seen very little effort from you to help with things elsewhere in the site.

It's been said a few times that a level head, fair judgment, and decent activity are the most important things to be a mod. I disagree with that. Or rather, that's not the kind of mod I think YCM needs right now. Flame Dragon is the epitome of those things, but even with him in the Captain's Chair, things have kinda been spiralling down over the last year.

I think that what the forum needs is someone willing to put in the work to push to improve things. People might argue "well if they became a mod, they'd step up" but I don't think that defense is valid. You don't need to be a mod to step up. Cowcow has proven that. Yui has proven it. Black has proven it. Hell, even I've proven it. The mod team needs a public servant, not another adjudicator.

I see. I figured it was something like that.

Guess that means 2018 is the year to change that about me then.

#Striker4Mod

According to my calculations, the odds of that are very slim. Do you agree and why?

Yes, I agree that the odds of that are slim. You have received very little support, and even if you make it past the nomination stage, I don't see how you would change public opinion quickly and drastically enough to win democratically.

tfw striker's chances are literally as slim as your own

I mean, given that nothing in this is definite at the time, an argument could be made that any member has an equal chance at it, but I feel most of the assumptions I'm making are safe bets.

That said, it's totally fine if I lose. There are multiple other candidates who could do great stuff with the position. I'll have more to say on the matter in about 11 hours, but I'm really not feeling competitive about this at all.

Yes, I agree that the odds of that are slim. You have received very little support, and even if you make it past the nomination stage, I don't see how you would change public opinion quickly and drastically enough to win democratically.

Any particular reasoning to elaborate on this, my good sir? You did say you'd present feedback, so here I am asking for it. And tbh, I didn't expect to win or even get on the ballot. Why? Old opinions die hard.

Any particular reasoning to elaborate on this, my good sir? You did say you'd present feedback, so here I am asking for it. And tbh, I didn't expect to win or even get on the ballot. Why? Old opinions die hard.

Because you had, I believe, 3 nominations? That's probably beneath the cutoff, so unless you receive more support before midnight, you likely aren't going to be in the vote itself, and unless you manage to change a lot of minds, or there are a ton of people who want you as a mod who have declined to say anything at this point, you just don't have the support needed to win.

I'm not trying to insult you, or anything, it's just a numbers game. If you have a realistic explanation of how you would win this, given what all we've seen so far, I'm all ears.

Because you had, I believe, 3 nominations? That's probably beneath the cutoff, so unless you receive more support before midnight, you likely aren't going to be in the vote itself, and unless you manage to change a lot of mind's, or there are a ton of people who want you as a mod who have declined to say anything at this point, you just don't have the support needed to win.

I'm not trying to insult you, or anything, it's just a numbers game. If you have a realistic explanation of how you would win this, given what all we've seen so far, I'm all ears.

Oh, I believe you misunderstood me. I didn't really expect to get a single nomination in this. Why? I'm not what you'd call one of YCM's best members, and my political capital diminished a long time ago. Hypothetically speaking, if I did somehow get enough nominations, what feedback would you have to either support or go against my candidacy? I know 2014 was, in hindsight, a shitshow. Have things changed, assuming this hypothetical scenario? I'm curious.

Archived