tX4Xg3m.jpg

IMG Cred: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/crystalsaga/images/3/30/Mage.jpg

Magical Mimic

DARK Spellcaster Effect monster

Level 1

500/500

1. When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap or card effect that adds a card(s) to their hand (Quick Effect): you can discard this card; negate that Spell/Trap or effect, and if you do, draw the same number of cards your opponent would have added to their hand.
  2. If this card is in your GY: you can pay 500 LP; shuffle it into your Deck.
    You can only use 1 of this card name's effects per turn, and only once that turn.

Basically a hand trap that steals the card advantage your opponent was about to generate while leaving them with the cost. i.e. Chain it to Pot of Desires, your opponent will banish 10 cards and draw nothing, and you draw the 2 cards. Or ROTA is negated and the user of Magical Mimic draws 1. 

So, basically it's a less flexible but stronger Ash Blossom. The self-recycling effect should be fine. I do am concerned about drawing the same number of cards the opponent would have added, snatching a Pot of Desires would be such an evil thing to do. Leaning to making it draw just 1 to keep it fair, and even then I'm not sure because it's still half an Ash Blossom that gets Level1 DARK/Spellcaster support, and thus searchable by Arf Thou, Timestar Magician, etc. although it loses on Tuner/Needlefiber support.

Archived