[Written] Altergeist Initiation

Atypical-Abbie

Recently made an Altergeist Deck, so I had an idea for a card for them. It's designed to work with Multifaker, as it allows you to Special Summon a monster, then use Multifaker's effect, then Normal Summon a monster, so you potentially get 4 monsters with no field. Also gives them 800 extra ATK and DEF and gives it some protection, as the Main Deck have quite small stats, so this can help them a bit.

Altergeist Initiation

Normal Trap

Special Summon 1 "Altergeist" monster from your hand and equip it with this card. It gains 800 ATK and DEF, also it is unaffected by your opponent's Spell/Trap effects. If this card leaves the field, destroy that target. If you control no monsters, you can activate this card from your hand. You can only activate 1 "Altergeist Initiation" per turn.

To be fair what they need is a slight bit more consistency, basicly a blanket searcher for faker, protocol and marionetter. The idea is alright, though faker and the revival trap into faker add enough field presence, this being another "vomit your hand onto your field" kind of card is something I actually do not like about this, Furthermore this card being usable during an opponent's first turn is alright, though hardly makes it better than a worse fleeting infinity. The atk/def boost and protection are cute, though a threatening attack that goes through is a result of bad luck and/or incompetence.

To be fair what they need is a slight bit more consistency, basicly a blanket searcher for faker, protocol and marionetter. The idea is alright, though faker and the revival trap into faker add enough field presence, this being another "vomit your hand onto your field" kind of card is something I actually do not like about this, Furthermore this card being usable during an opponent's first turn is alright, though hardly makes it better than a worse fleeting infinity. The atk/def boost and protection are cute, though a threatening attack that goes through is a result of bad luck and/or incompetence.

A Deck always needs more consistency, sure, but they also need speed, something that is pretty hard to do on your first turn with the cards they have available so far. Plus, I would say that the ability to consistently get out Multifaker for that free search can help out a lot, and as this allows you to directly go into a Link Monster, you get the search from Meluseek, which gets you a Normal Summon Marionetter that gets a Protocol or what have you.

Archived