First Card! Sleeping Beauty (:

LL - Cobalt Sparrow

This is the first card I post here! I'm pretty sure it's not worded properly, but I just wanted to try and recreate a very unique card from the anime that I loved, Parasite Paracide! With a more, well, useful effect. I'd hope. Anyhow, you guys tell me whatcha think! (:

KiVEQZP.png

Normal Spell

Banish 1 monster from your Deck face-down; shuffle this card into your opponent's Deck face-up. When your opponent draws this card: your Special Summon 1 of your face-down banished monsters, ignoring summoning conditions. You can only activate the effects of "Sleeping Beauty" once per turn.

The concept for the imagery/naming related to the effect was pretty simple: sleeping beauty fell asleep (banished face-down) for a long time, when suddenly a prince found her (opponents draws this card) and wakes her up (summons).

I think this is cute card especially for first entry. For 1/30 to 1/20ish chances you get a free summon and disturb opponent hand for a bit.

Although when the said effect resolved your opponent can use this against you. Its already punishing enough that you leaving your boss monster for such a broad chances IMO so i think its okay for making it somehow not easy to use by opponent also

I mean, it does benefit from Pot of Desires banishing too (considering how that works out) so you aren't necessarily stuck with whatever you banish from this effect. But yeah, it is luck-based and has the chance to backfire or take forever. Considering the searching power of a lot of stuff, you might get a shot but at the same time, may not. 

For a first card, this is good. 

(If I mentioned competitive uses, that's just a carryover from posting stuff in Advanced a lot and yeah, having to keep up to date with the meta. Don't worry about it too much)

Thanks for the comments! I do realize that the opponent can use it too but I figured that duels won't usually last long enough to pop this twice (unless either player is running stall decks, and even so). Pot of Desires was also part of the reason behind the effect! I hate when I end up banishing key components to my combos more often than not >:3

Anyhow,thanks again guys! I really appreciate that my first card here isn't too bad (:

Archived