Sacred Arch-Airknight Parshath (Word Salad PSCT)

ZUSivR3.png

Fairy/LIGHT
Level 9

If you activate a Counter Trap Card, OR if you negate the activation of a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect (except during the Damage Step): You can banish 2 other Fairy monsters from your hand, field and/or GY; Special Summon this card from the GY (if it was there when you activated/negated) or hand (even if not). If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can add 1 "Parshath" card or 1 Counter Trap from your Deck to your hand.

2800/2300

Okay, so if I understand this correctly, this means that it did not need to be in the hand when you activate it, so if you somehow added it to your hand before the Counter Trap Card or negation, you could still Special Summon it, however if it was sent to the GY after the Counter Trap Card or negation occurred, you cannot. I assume the reasoning for this being that it is public knowledge in the GY, and therefore it isn't already assumed that one could be in the hand, even if you did add it to the hand, though in the GY it must always be there to confirm that condition check. This is odd, but if I understand it correctly, makes sense with how the game works. Bloody hell, I haven't used this card before, but I hope someone will find this necessary eventually, otherwise the word salad they made for this card will go to waste.

Counter fairies get an ace monster for this era. I wonder if one could make Fariy-Type centric Lightswom with it because of the GY special summon? [...]

Given that counter trap retrival is somewhat doable (most notably troymare griffin, especially with their own infernity barrier) this might be an entertaining or even surprisingly good idea.

Wait, so say you discarded it for Magic Jammer or something.  Would you not be able to SS it from grave in that condition?  Or since you negated the spell while it was in the GY, would it be able to be summoned?

Yes, it was there when you negated, though it would not fulfill it when you activated it. So, this would technically mean that if your opponent negated the Magic Jammer, you wouldn't be able to Special Summon it.

Archived