Black Luster Soldier - Envoy Soldier

Atypical-Abbie

A Link Monster for Black Luster Soldier Decks. It allows you to Special Summon an extra monster from your hand ignoring it Summoning conditions, then it gains ATK equal to that monster's ATK, which is typically quite high for BLS monsters. Lastly, if it inflicts battle damage, you get to fill up your GY with monsters from your Deck, as well as sending an opponent's card to the GY. It's Link Arrows are meant to work so you can use it even if you got other Link Monsters out, since its Summoning conditions may be harder to achieve right away.

black_luster_soldier___envoy_soldier_by_

2 Level 7 or higher Warrior monsters
When this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 7 or higher Warrior monster from your hand to your zone this card points to, ignoring its Summoning conditions. This card’s original ATK is equal to the ATK of the monster it points to. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can send 2 Warrior monsters with different Attributes from your Deck to your GY, and if you do, send 1 card your opponent controls to the GY. You can only use each effect of “Black Luster Soldier - Envoy Soldier” once per turn.

It's a good card and will probably see play in BLS deck. The problem is that you are giving up "2 Level 7 or higher Warrior monsters". In BLS deck that would be some of the boss monsters and this is what you get for it?

Also, you don't really want to link with the rituals since the point of them is to give them extra effects and have them win you the duel. 

This card also requires you to have a monster in your hand ready to summon so it can be hard to pull off.

However, this card is pretty good Cardian support. They have 8 monsters in the archetype that are level 7 and hight that summon themselves and wouldn't you have it, they're warrior-type. Surprisingly works well with the deck since they can have trouble fulfilling come of the summoning conditions of some monsters and this gets around that. Not sure how useful the last effect is for them since they don't exactly benefit from being in the GY.

It's a good card and will probably see play in BLS deck. The problem is that you are giving up "2 Level 7 or higher Warrior monsters". In BLS deck that would be some of the boss monsters and this is what you get for it?

Also, you don't really want to link with the rituals since the point of them is to give them extra effects and have them win you the duel. 

This card also requires you to have a monster in your hand ready to summon so it can be hard to pull off.

However, this card is pretty good Cardian support. They have 8 monsters in the archetype that are level 7 and hight that summon themselves and wouldn't you have it, they're warrior-type. Surprisingly works well with the deck since they can have trouble fulfilling come of the summoning conditions of some monsters and this gets around that. Not sure how useful the last effect is for them since they don't exactly benefit from being in the GY.

It is a card that you normally don't pull out until later. I made this so it worked with the Gaia the Fierce Knight support cards they have, as well as any other Level 7 or higher Warriors you can think of, so experimentation is key. The last effect is also meant to help the fact that you may banish to get out an Envoy of the Beginning or something, so you get out even more monsters. It can be slow to begin with, but become a powerful ally as well.

Black Luster Soldier brought me here, especially that image since I've used it for my DNF avi/sig iirc. Anyway...

I too would have commented on how the Summoning conditions would have made this non-ideal, but your explanation to the other review dealt with those concerns. Also, Chaos Emperor Dragon is Envoy of the End. Black Luster Soldier is Envoy of the Beginning (and Evening Twilight, but that one's Summoning conditions are inferior compared to EotB). Hell, I'd prefer bringing out EotB with this card's Special Summon effect than EoET as the former would still be able to use its effects. Hell, Super Soldier and Sacred Soldier are perfectly good cards to bring out with this, depending on what you have. Though with Super Soldier, it can be a dead draw if you don't have this card ready to go or its Ritual, so...yea. It's last effect, I really enjoy. EotB would be pleased, which may persuade me to bring out either Super Soldier or Sacred Soldier first and keep EotB as a back-up plan just in case.

Overall, I am very pleased with this card as it makes a great edition to the Black Luster Soldier family.

Black Luster Soldier brought me here, especially that image since I've used it for my DNF avi/sig iirc. Anyway...

I too would have commented on how the Summoning conditions would have made this non-ideal, but your explanation to the other review dealt with those concerns. Also, Chaos Emperor Dragon is Envoy of the End. Black Luster Soldier is Envoy of the Beginning (and Evening Twilight, but that one's Summoning conditions are inferior compared to EotB). Hell, I'd prefer bringing out EotB with this card's Special Summon effect than EoET as the former would still be able to use its effects. Hell, Super Soldier and Sacred Soldier are perfectly good cards to bring out with this, depending on what you have. Though with Super Soldier, it can be a dead draw if you don't have this card ready to go or its Ritual, so...yea. It's last effect, I really enjoy. EotB would be pleased, which may persuade me to bring out either Super Soldier or Sacred Soldier first and keep EotB as a back-up plan just in case.

Overall, I am very pleased with this card as it makes a great edition to the Black Luster Soldier family.

Right, I messed that up, though truthfully it can work with Envoy of the End as well if you want. That reminds me, how come it hasn't been re-released here yet? It's been 3 years since it got an erratum.

Archived