[OCG] First Scoop at Curse of the Dark

This time with vague descriptions. We cannot provide effects nor stats because Japan did not provide them.

https://i0.wp.com/ygorganization.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Diabolos.png?ssl=1

Ankoku no Maoh Diablos (Diablos, King of the Abyssal Darkness)

“Diablos has a powerful effect that can Tribute DARK monsters on your field to interfere with your opponent’s hand! Even though it’s a high level monster, it has an effect to Special summon itself easily!”

https://i2.wp.com/ygorganization.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Lilith.png?ssl=1

Akumajou Lilith (Lilith, the Fiend Lady)

“Lilith has a useful effect that can Tribute DARK monsters on your field to use Normal Trap Cards from your Deck easily!”

https://i1.wp.com/ygorganization.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/ShadowDystopia.png?ssl=1

Ankoku Sekai – Shadow Dystopia – / Shadow Dystopia

“Shadow Dystopia is a Field Spell with the astonishing effect of allowing you to use your opponent’s monsters!” It also supports the new monsters with activating their effects with an effect it has!”

https://i0.wp.com/ygorganization.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Virus.png?ssl=1

Aku no Deck Hakai Virus / “Ghastly Gloating Virus”

Note: This card is literally “Deck Destruction Virus of Evil”

“The Virus Trap Card can destroy the opponent’s hand and Deck by Tributing a DARK monster that fits the requirements. In addition, if you fit a certain criteria, there’s also an additional effect!”

Side Note: Ghastly Gloating Virus is not so much an accurate translation as it is us trying to preserve the alliteration pattern. Expect it to change when the TCG version of the card comes out for whatever name the TCG gives it. Do not get upset if it changes.

Pic link (sorry, blame mobile)

Source: https://ygorganization.com/downwiththesickness/

ok so just viruses basically

Lilith allows you to get around around the fact that some virus cards are limited.

Field Spell seems to allow you to Kaiju your opponent's monsters to pay for the Viruses

Diablos seems like it has a virus-like effect but on a monster

Hopefully there's some stuff in here that enjoys being tributed (make it sent from field to gy for Link Shokan triggers)

The art is cool, except Ghastly Gloating Virus which is beyond goofy.

So, depending on how efficient or fast these guys are, could these be the next pseudo-FTK/OTK hand-kill deck after Wind-Ups and X-Sabers?

I misread and thought the Field Spell would let you use the opponent's monster effects as your own, but yes, makes more sense to let you Tribute them for your cards and effects instead. I guess the issue will be turning them DARK, unless the Field already does it to, Zombie World-style.

Lilith got big potential IMO, depending on how generic or splashable it is. I mean, if she activates Normal Trap directly from the deck, it could open many possibilities.

Y'know just last night I was wondering "When will we get info on the Curse of Dark SD-R?" and here it is.

I misread and thought the Field Spell would let you use the opponent's monster effects as your own, but yes, makes more sense to let you Tribute them for your cards and effects instead. I guess the issue will be turning them DARK, unless the Field already does it to, Zombie World-style.

Hopefully it will, it'd be better than running DNA Transplant.

As published by Org, the press release for the TCG version:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Lair of Darkness Structure Deck

Darkest Diabolos and the terrifying tyrants of torment descend upon the earth in Structure Deck: Lair of Darkness! These wicked shadow lords boast immeasurable power, but demand heavy Tribute from any Duelist who seeks to wield it. Fortunately, villainy is the norm in the Lair of Darkness, and these monstrous dukes of deception aren’t that picky about whose monsters are being Tributed as long as this new Field Spell is in play! Monsters Tributed while Lair of Darkness is in play will find no rest in the Graveyard – their souls will return to the field at the end of the turn in which they were Tributed.

The vicious visage of Darkest Diabolos, Lord of the Lair holds no hint of compassion or mercy, not even for cards that have yet to be played – his special ability lets you Tribute a DARK monster to interfere with your opponent’s hand! Special Summoning Diabolos is no trouble either thanks to his powerful Summoning ability that will naturally trigger as you advance your gameplan. For the Duelist who prefers to sit back and watch their opponent’s strategy self-destruct, Lilith, Lady of Lament has prepared the brand-new Grinning Grave Virus. This Virus requires the Tribute of a DARK monster to activate, then unleashes a deadly epidemic on your opponent’s hand and Deck!

Structure Deck: Lair of Darkness is playable right out of the box, but many of its cards are right at home in Decks built using monsters from the upcoming Dark Saviors special booster set as well!

Product Releases April 20th, 2018

Each Structure Deck: Lair of Darkness contains:
36 Common Cards
3 Super Rare Cards
2 Ultra Rare Cards
1 Token Card
1 Beginner’s Guide
1 Double-sided Deluxe Game Mat/Dueling Guide

Source

Archived