Jump to content

Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[CHQ] Guild Examination Quest

Cherry Heart Skaia Quest for the D Save Me

  • Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21
Astolfo

Astolfo

    rider of black

  • Resident Trap

  • 4,118 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:15 PM
  • Alias:Neph
9pJuHuy.png
Ro

mMh3ba1.png


The moment Vincent had withdrawn their arm, the trap had triggered. A wall of magical energy barricaded them away from the others that withstood their attempts to break through. After attempting to deceive it with a makeshift filler which failed, they relented, placing their arm back inside to disable the barrier. The compartment for the bow once more opened, empty now, and with it, the barrier dissipated again.

Catching the crystal deftly, Ro nodded. It seemed as if this would be a place that would require each of them to stay behind while the next went on ahead. Will that little girl really be able to make it all the way to the end? Perhaps it’d be better to leave her here or at the next and have the lizard girl or I finish it off...

Fen had just made it across as well, pulling herself up with a great amount of effort. She went over to Ro’s side, asking what they should do next. He stared at her, with something between curiosity at the weakness of normal humans and… the slightest hints of… concern.

He shook his head. As part of a guild now, he needed to get used to trusting his guild members. Ro glanced towards Fen, struggling. Sure, they were just a normal random human that would die in less than 100 years anyways, but… He couldn’t shake the distasteful feeling that crept upon him when he considered it might be his fault they could be injured or even die. He looked once more to the remaining series of columns ahead, which only grew more difficult to traverse, then back at Vincent.

“You sure you want me to have that little girl be the one to jump into the pillars ahead of us? Wouldn’t it be better to leave her here with you?”

His normally teasing, playful tone was gone, his eyes deadly serious.

“We have no idea what the upcoming traps might be, if they’re the same as yours or worse. I don’t want her blood on my hands either.”

Ro could see Vincent weighing the options in his head. Eventually, he responded, asking Fen what she’d like to do. Ro turned to face her as well. Fen answered back that she only wanted to help, and if that was the plan the two agreed on, that she’d follow it. Nodding, Ro turned back to signal to Vincent that he’d leave Fen close. Turning back to Fen, he motioned at the obelisk right in front of them.

“Trigger that one. You’ll be cloer to Vincent if anything bad happens.”

With a swift motion, Ro slung the bow over his shoulder. Pointing towards a pillar around the same height, he spoke.

Pivoting, Ro went into a leap, going across to the pillar behind them, skidding to a halt

“Toss the gem over here when you’re done.”

Once Fen would do that, Ro would turn to face the next obelisk. Unlike the others, it was on the entirely opposite side of the entire abyss, standing by itself with no other pillars next to it. It would have to be either him or Kasayee. A quick glance at Kasayee proved to Ro she was still lazing around at the entrance, watching bugs or something. He sighed. She’d be of no help, but with one of the two gone at the third pillar, she would have to. Mustering up his voice, he called out loudly to the druid.

“Lizard druid! One of the two of us is going to have to trigger the third obelisk over there.”

Ro pointed at the obelisk on the far side of the map, standing by itself, next to three equally other taller pillars.

“The other’s going to have to get the door. Given what happened to Vince, it’s a safe bet to say that whoever triggers it will be stuck until the door’s opened. Do you want to do it or should I?

Either way, both of us will need to take the same path, unless you want to go for the door by flying straight across to it!”


She stared at him blankly, much to his annoyance. With a deep, exasperated sigh, he had to hope she’d just go for the door eventually. Hopping across over to the next same level pillar, he glanced back and forth. He could either climb up a tall pillar or jump over to the next. The jump would be shorter distance overall but more risk. Not willing to risk it at this point, given it seemed every member was critical, he started to climb, grabbing onto the crannies and nooks he could find tightly.

After what felt like an eternity, he finally climbed up, sitting down to rest a bit and catch his breath. Waving to Vincent and Fen to show he was still okay, he went into a running leap to go to the equal height pillar directly across, grinding his heels in to catch himself. With a small hop, he went to the directly adjacent pillar.

“Two more jumps to go...”

Ro took a deep breath. His hands were starting to tingle, an aftereffect as the buzz was slowly wearing off. Going into a low stance, he leapt high, overshooting the jump by a bit, and having to slam his hand into the pillar to grab it. His feet dangled above the chasm, and a heady rush filled his veins. The sensation of being so close to death, finally...

I could just let go...

He dispelled the thought. If nothing else, his teammates were relying on him. His hand burned from the stinging sensation of roughly smacking it into the rock, and he slowly climbed back up, lying down on his back and taking several deep breaths.

“One more jump...”

Sitting up slowly, he stared ahead. A strange feeling filled his body that he couldn’t quite place. It wasn’t unpleasant, nor was it pleasant. It just… was. Closing his eyes, he breathed in and out deeply several times, letting the feeling of the place fill him. Preparing himself, he went into a running start, jumping less strongly this time. Landing perfectly, he turned around and waved to Vincent and Fen once more, moving his arms widely to show them, given he was far away.

Gritting his teeth and bracing himself, he plunged his arm into the obelisk with the gem. In his mind, a saying floated upwards. He wasn’t sure where in his memory the phrase had from, nor what language or meaning it held. It was none he could recognize amongst current times. But for some reason, there was a familiar feeling about it, as if it was from a warm past.

Que será, será.”

mMh3ba1.png





Astolfo [CV: Ohkubo Rumi] - "BA-LLL-MUUU-NNN-GGG!"

#22
Alaina

Alaina

    「So that those thoughts won't be lost」

  • Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,073 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:15 PM
  • Alias:Skaia

xIKx00H.png?1

 

While Fen wanted to help, she wasn't quite sure what it was she was supposed to. Looking at the Obelisk, she examined it again, seeing the white hole on the north west side of the obelisk. Taking in a deep breath, the girl attempted to stick her hand into the white hole, though as her skin touched it she found that it wasn't actually a hole. Instead, the white seemed to be some kind of material, and a rubbery one at that. So, trying to force her hand through it, the material merely pushed it away causing the girl some confusion. Trying to use the gem this time, it too was forced away from the hole. Unsure of what to do next, the girl looked to Ro, merely tossing him the gem. With a defeated expression she said, "I uh, I'll just stay here, I guess."

 

Ro would be able to make his way to the top pillar with some effort, due to the raw amount of distance needed to be covered. Yet, once got there, he would see the same sight that Kasayee had. An obelisk with writing on it, with a small cylindrical object with a hole in it attached to the obelisk on a hinge. The whole itself was too small for his hand to fit in, and were he try to fit his finger, bow or the gem into it, he would find much trouble in trying to get it into the hole and no change despite his efforts. 


Posted Image


#23
God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

    Neopolitan

  • Moderators
  • 11,006 posts
    Last Visit 7 minutes ago
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Kasayee didn't enjoy the smell of stone as much as wood. But there was something soothing about it. Stones existed long before people and some stones that existed in the world now existed hundreds of years ago. There was history to their smell, their feel, even their taste.

 

There weren't any loose stones nearby so her thoughts strayed. Glancing down into the darkness she began to think about how so many people seemed to fear it. Such an odd concept. Even if she couldn't see she could still hear and feel and smell her way through. People were born in darkness and when they died, for a time, they would return to darkness. There was nothing to fear there.

 

The thing said something she realized was towards her. She looked up and stared at it as they explained their plan. She didn't have any plans to move. And from the sounds of it the thing knew what to do next anyway. Why would it need her to do something they could do themselves?
Kasayee hadn't even thought about this...puzzle yet. They looked to be doing passable as it is. She had no need to do anything.

 

The druid rolled onto her back and looked at the group from the new, upside-down, vantage point. Her hair dangling over the edge.


8PBUpdp.gif


#24
Astolfo

Astolfo

    rider of black

  • Resident Trap

  • 4,118 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:15 PM
  • Alias:Neph
9pJuHuy.png
Ro

mMh3ba1.png


Well, shit.

The plan didn’t go as expected. Not only did Fen fail to trigger anything, he discovered that the ‘hole’ in the obelisk in front of him all the way across the giant chasm from the others also didn’t fit anything on him. A sinking feeling grew in him. Given the past trap, was he supposed to have given the bow to Fen? Which would then have given the next piece? He wondered if his voice could carry all the way across to Vincent and Fen.

The obelisk on my side doesn’t fit anything! I think I was supposed to give you the bow, Fen!

Without much other options to do, Ro would have to start going back. If the other two agreed, he’d start making his way back, unless they made any other discoveries. Thankfully, having gone across one way before, he was more familiar with how much energy he’d have to expend per jump. A bonus was it would be going down-height instead of up, reducing the toll it would take on him as well. Either way though, it would still be another strain on his energy levels that Ro felt as if could have been avoided. Sighing, he shrugged his shoulders and stretched out while he waited for the response.

If they were to state no new info, he would immediately begin making his way back, running and jumping across the different pillars, until he arrived back at Fen’s location. At that point, he would hand off the bow slung around his back to her and ask her to try placing it into her obelisk.

mMh3ba1.png





Astolfo [CV: Ohkubo Rumi] - "BA-LLL-MUUU-NNN-GGG!"

#25
Alaina

Alaina

    「So that those thoughts won't be lost」

  • Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,073 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:15 PM
  • Alias:Skaia

xIKx00H.png?1

 

As Fen stood around, she looked to see if there was anything else on the obelisk. She pondered a bit, grabbing her guan'do and trying to pierce it through the hole. After doing this, her blade pressed against the strange substance that filled it, yet it did not move. Despite however much force that she had managed to put into it, the girl didn't seem to make any progress. As she heard Ro's voice echo throughout the cavern, the girl figured she would respond to him and so, gathering her breath she shouted, "o-oh! Well nothing's working over here eIITH-" her voice cracked as she tried to keep yelling to the boy. Clearing her throat, she finished, "either!" After that, were Ro to make his way back, the girl would look at the angelic looking bow and said, "hm, well, I'm um, not really sure what to do with this." Were she to be given it, she would shrug and try to jam it into the hole as well, though would find no avail in doing so. 

 

Clearly stumped, the girl started to scratch her chin at what to do in this situation. Tapping her foot, she tried to wonder how they were supposed to go to the next part of the puzzle, when she was reminded that their lizard teammate had told them that the obelisks had writings on them. Looking around, she found it as well, saying, "you wonder if this has uh, anything to do with what we're um, supposed to do?" She pointed at the words and reiterated them, saying, "No steel nor mortal shall slay the Tyrant, yet the hero must press on."

 

OOC

Posted Image


#26
God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

    Neopolitan

  • Moderators
  • 11,006 posts
    Last Visit 7 minutes ago
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Kasayee watched from her unusual perspective as the thing tried to work this out. She pondered about the thing for a short while. It didn't seem particularly powerful nor particularly smart. One would think if someone were to do something so against nature as create a thing like that they'd do it to create something incredible. So what was it this thing was made for?

 

Her attention drifted to the bowman. He was in a cage of sorts it seemed but he didn't seem too concerned about it. Kasayee had been in a cage but once and she knew it wasn't a nice place to be. Perhaps some humans liked being trapped. Or perhaps it was comforting in some way. It was true that the womb was a small space so perhaps that was why...

 

She heard the girl speak while she mused on these matters. Oh, that was the thing Kasayee had read. Perhaps she should think about what those words she had spoken meant. It likely was important...but she had gone this far without doing anything and she wished to continue her streak. Perhaps the others had already pieced together the clues.

 

Kasayee wasn't in a rush. It was oddly entertaining to watch these humans and that thing working. Similar to watching a leaf float in the breeze. Or a bug crawling on a tree. It was, somewhat, nature as well in a way.


8PBUpdp.gif


#27
Hälō

Hälō

    Tis I, Hollow

  • Advanced Members
  • 719 posts
    Last Visit

"..." Vincent sat with his head in hand and watched his guild-mates struggle with the puzzle. Combat strategy was one thing, but this was completely out of his field of expertise...

 

With his arm still stuck in the obelisk, Vincent listened with a bored expression as Fen read off the words on her pillar. This was getting old fast, and it seemed that nobody on the team had an affinity for such a trail.

 

"We should have brought four-eyes or Flo..." He sighed before calling out to the others. "Yo, maybe it's saying that we should skip that one."


tumblr_o381i0pXdM1u4rds9o4_540.png


#28
Alaina

Alaina

    「So that those thoughts won't be lost」

  • Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,073 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:15 PM
  • Alias:Skaia

xIKx00H.png?1

 

As Fen continued to examine the obelisk, she heard Vincent speak out, saying they probably had to skip this puzzle. Fen wasn't sure what to think, personally, but she assumed Vincent had a better head on his shoulders for these things then she did. So, instead, she continued to look around each of the different pillars they were standing on, though she couldn't quite figure out what to do either. However, as she looked at the bow in her hand,  thought crossed her mind. "Oh, what if we need to find an arrow for this bow first?" The moment the thought of an arrow for the bow crossed the girl's mind, the string ignited with a golden flame as the girl felt her own magical energy being tugged on. The girl yelped in surprise, clearly shocked by this, but decided to keep going with her examination of the bow. As she touched the string, the flame didn't harm her and it only felt like the tug on her magic was greater. As she pulled back on the bowstring, an arrow slowly formed, only to be completed when the girl fully pulled back. As she released the bow string, the arrow of golden flame shot forward, striking against a random stone pillar as the girl wasn't aiming at anything specific. "Uhhhhh," the girl looked to Ro, unsure of what to make of what had just happened. 


Posted Image


#29
God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

    Neopolitan

  • Moderators
  • 11,006 posts
    Last Visit 7 minutes ago
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Fen had realized that the bow was something that was fired. Kasayee was wondering what they were carrying around the weapon for. It didn't look helpful, even if it were shiny, but humans did like to keep unusual things. Though apparently it turned out the bow was something magical.

 

"I think you need to shoot something." She said without much enthusiasm. She didn't really want to be here anymore. She was usually patient but something about this place put her on edge. But she hadn't so much as thought about the puzzle after she gave the group her information. She was behind the others in that regard and she couldn't quite remember what it was she had said.

 

So she watched and hoped one of the others would have figured out what to do by now. Kasayee didn't care much for this "examination" but she wondered. If they couldn't figure this out perhaps they should just try and leave and give up. It sounded a lot easier.

 

Kasayee rolled back to her stomach then moved to a sitting position. Seated cross-legged her eyes wandered to the obelisks.


8PBUpdp.gif


#30
Astolfo

Astolfo

    rider of black

  • Resident Trap

  • 4,118 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:15 PM
  • Alias:Neph
9pJuHuy.png
Ro

mMh3ba1.png


By accident, it seemed that Fen had discovered a secret to the golden bow. From what appeared to be thinking of firing it, a bolt of energy would manifest out of thin air. Ro glanced around the room. This must have been what they were missing earlier, but then by extension of the discovery, there must be something to fire at. He motioned over towards Fen.

“Can I see it for a moment? How did you form the arrow?”

Listening to Fen’s reply, Ro nodded along. Taking the bow in his hands, he closed his eyes, visualizing the formation of an arrow. Slowly pulling back on the bowstring, a bolt of energy formed, just as before. Handing it back to Fen, Ro made his way over to the obelisk. Examining it, Ro could see a roundish slot, filled with a grayish liquid. Angled slightly upwards, Ro glanced upwards and behind him, checking for any possible vantage spots, but finding none.

“Well this is a bit of an issue. The slot’s angled upwards. We can’t shoot it from right in front of it because of the angle and neither of us are tall enough to just fire downwards.”

He pointed over at a pillar a little ways off, towards the north-west. It stood above the other pillars and was more or less a direct 45-degree angle in line of sight towards the slot. If any of the pillars were to be picked, that would make the most sense.

“Do you think you could make it over to that one?”

Fen nodded. Ro nodded back, flashing a thumbs-up.

“I’ll make my way over that way as well. If you need any help, just let me know.”

With a running jump, Ro leapt to the pillar directly west of the one Fen currently stood on, crossing the gap smoothly. He waved towards Fen.

“We can cross the gaps together. Better to be safe than to leave someone behind and end up needing help.”

Once Fen made her way to Ro’s spot, he would jump northwards this time to the pillar over, before waiting again, then one more time in a north-west jump to the pillar diagonal, again waiting. Pointing upwards at the pillar directly to the west, Ro started to climb, throwing himself over the ledge onto the top. Grinning, Ro’s tone was calm and encouraging.

“Of the two of us, you’re probably the better shot. I couldn’t hit the side of a church to save my life. Once you’re up here, see if you can fire the arrow over into that hole from before. Maybe that’ll get us somewhere.

I’m sure you can do it.”


mMh3ba1.png





Astolfo [CV: Ohkubo Rumi] - "BA-LLL-MUUU-NNN-GGG!"

#31
Hälō

Hälō

    Tis I, Hollow

  • Advanced Members
  • 719 posts
    Last Visit

"Hey," Vincent called up to Fen as he watched the girl prepare to shoot the arrow towards the obelisk. "You're gonna wanna stand with your feet shoulder length apart, and your weight evenly spread between them." If he couldn't physically help, the least he could do was coach her. "Back straight. Breath in. Then line up your shot and release..." 

 

Sighing Vincent closed his eyes and scratched the back of his head in annoyance. "Screw this! I'm not just gonna sit here on my ass..." As he spoke, Vincent began to study the energy signature of his prison once more. The construct was simple, and it didn't take him long to get a feel for the pattern of magical particles that gave the bubble physical form. 

 

After of a moment, the boy extended his free hand towards the bubble and began concentrating on the weaves of mana. Small particles of light could be seen drifting away from the barrier and towards Vincent's palm as he begun breaking down the construct one particle at a time. Though it seemed that any damage he did was quickly regenerated...

 

Nonetheless, the boy continued to pull magic from the barrier that surrounded him. Gathering the flow of magic particle and willing them to swirl around his extended arm for later use. 


tumblr_o381i0pXdM1u4rds9o4_540.png


#32
Alaina

Alaina

    「So that those thoughts won't be lost」

  • Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,073 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:15 PM
  • Alias:Skaia

xIKx00H.png?1

 

As Ro had made his way across the pillars, Fen followed after the boy, jumping to next pillar as she did so. The pillar they were going too wasn't far away and with some effort she had managed to climb up on top of it. With Ro standing next to her, the boy gave her the bow back and told her to fire it, remarking that he probably wouldn't be able to make the shot. Nodding, saying, "I'll do my best," the girl took the bow and readied herself to fire. Before she did, however, she heard Vincent speak up, telling her about the proper form on how to shoot. "Oh, u-um, thanks for the advice." The girl acted, while naturally flustered, also surprisingly had a tone as if Vincent had told her something obvious. Taking a deep breath, the girl looked on with focus towards her mark, beginning to take her stance to fire. With calm and, relatively steady, movements the girl had formed an arrow, firing it from the bow. The arrow flew true, striking its mark, as the flame of the arrow burned across the gray substance of the hole. Feeling excited for a second, feeling as though she did something correct there was a sudden interuption. 

 

Were Vincent paying attention, he would be able to notice the faint magical aura of the pillar Ro and Fen were standing on began to light up and grow stronger. A small dome of force shot out from the pillar, wrapping around Fen and expanding, knocking Ro off of it and to the lower adjacent one. Fen was quite surprised by this, though shouted out, "Ro, uh, are you alright?" After asking it, the girl realized that she was now trapped in a bubble, in quite the same way Vincent was. Wondering what was going on at first, the girl's confusion was again stopped as a clicking noise could be heard. A part of the obelisk's wall, the one she had shot the arrow into, had slid off, revealing an ebony staff to be inside of it. 

 

OOC

Posted Image


#33
God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

    Neopolitan

  • Moderators
  • 11,006 posts
    Last Visit 7 minutes ago
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Kasayee breathed out. She took her time to stand up to her full, not very tall, height. With a groan she raised her arms high above her head and stretched her body out.

 

This being done she watched the humans again. She could tell. It was about done. Which meant she'd have to move again. She didn't really want to but this room was getting uncomfortable. The bow had revealed yet another object. It baffled her why the humans would bother leaving such objects in this place hidden away where they can't be used for anything but this unusual puzzle.

She didn't think she'd ever understand how they live their short lives.

 

In either case it was clear that the object was what would be needed to finish up the task here. She wasn't going to bother grabbing it though, the others were closer, they could deal with it.

 

Though if she was correct she might have to do something anyway.

 

Such was life, she supposed.


8PBUpdp.gif


#34
Hälō

Hälō

    Tis I, Hollow

  • Advanced Members
  • 719 posts
    Last Visit

"Nice... almost done." Vincent nodded in approval upon seeing the next part of the puzzle reveal itself.

 

Particles of magic continued to flow from his prison, and now majority of his arm was covered in the swirling specs of light. This certainly wasn't what he expected to be doing on this quest but at least he wouldn't have to worry about ammo for the rest of this adventure. 

 

Sighing, he closed his eyes and once again began focusing on make up of his prison. Before long the flow of particles began to increase, causing the bubble to flicker slightly due to being forced to rapidly repair itself. 

 


tumblr_o381i0pXdM1u4rds9o4_540.png


#35
Astolfo

Astolfo

    rider of black

  • Resident Trap

  • 4,118 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:15 PM
  • Alias:Neph
9pJuHuy.png
Ro

mMh3ba1.png


Vincent shouted advice from his trapped position towards Fen, but from what Ro could see, she hadn’t needed it anyways. If anything, she had seemed quite adept if not just completely natural at handling the bow. He let out a whistle as the arrow sunk, hitting the target dead-on, and he flashed Fen a thumbs up. Before he could do anything else though, a sudden lash of magic struck his senses a split second before a much more tangible barrier of magic struck him. Knocked off the pillar cleanly, he just barely managed to catch himself into a proper landing pose on the lower pillar.

Looking upwards, Fen was now trapped in a bubble as well, similar to Vincent. A clicking noise suddenly rang out as a side of the obelisk slid open, and with a quick glance, an ebony staff was visible inside.

“Seems like that worked, Fen!”

Quickly making his way back over towards the obelisk, Ro tugged on the staff. It was slightly taller than him, and weighed a reasonable amount, unlike the bow before, where the difference of gold and steel was clear. He turned it over in his hands, inspecting it carefully.

Maybe… since the bow had to be imagined firing an arrow… perhaps channeling or firing magic…?

Ro turned towards an empty side to make sure none would be in the blast radius, then closed his eyes. Visualizing the flow of magic from his body down to his fingers and through the staff, he tried to recreate the sensation of wielding magic. Yet, nothing happened. Focusing again, this time he repeated it, but tried to visualize what firing a projectile would be like. Still, nothing happened. Shaking the staff around, he growled.

“Maybe I have to actually use magic...”

Closing his eyes, he focused, bringing forth a familiar chant to imbue his body with his nature and magic, then reached out with his magic towards the staff. Yet again, no response. Ro sighed. Glancing towards the remaining pillar which he had already accidentally traversed to before too early, he slowly made his way back over, starting to feel a burn in his muscles. Slumping down on the pillar, he took a few deep breaths before getting back up and walking over to the obelisk. Seeing the slot, the realization just popped up in his head.

“Oh, maybe I was overthinking it.”

Taking the staff, he spun it around into position, then pushed the staff into the slot. Waiting a few seconds, nothing was changing. Ro paused, scratching his head.

“Did I do something wrong…? It fits, so at least that part must be right…. Hmm…?”

He walked up closer, examining it. The cylinder that the staff went into was attached by a hinge to the obelisk. Without really any other ideas, Ro flicked at the hinge, swinging it around and playing with it.

“I mean there’s gotta be some reason there was a hinge, right…?”

mMh3ba1.png





Astolfo [CV: Ohkubo Rumi] - "BA-LLL-MUUU-NNN-GGG!"

#36
Alaina

Alaina

    「So that those thoughts won't be lost」

  • Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,073 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:15 PM
  • Alias:Skaia

As Ro placed the staff into the hole, the boy began to examine the hinge and fiddle around with it. Nothing would happen directly were to mess around with the hinge, though it would appear that the thing it was attached to would be able to move back, he just didn't have a good enough angle to pull back on it directly from the attachment itself. However, were he to pull back using the staff, he would find that whole thing would move back, with some effort. After pulling it all the way back, a clicking noise would be heard as the wall at the back of the obelisk would slide down, revealing a sword inside of it. 

 

Were Ro to let go of the staff, the wall would instantly close back up. Were someone to take the sword and Ro let go of it, whoever was on the obelisk would be trapped inside of a bubble of magical force. 


Posted Image


#37
God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

    Neopolitan

  • Moderators
  • 11,006 posts
    Last Visit 7 minutes ago
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Her instincts were proven to be correct. Looking around the room it was clear that everyone else was stuck and the puzzle still needed solving. Unless she planned on staying here forever Kasayee would have to act once more.

 

It was a good rest while it lasted.

 

Transforming into bird form the girl flew towards the pillar where the thing was. Though she didn't want to be near it for long she had heard some noise as the obelisk opened up so she knew this was where to go. Swooping upon the pillar she turned back to normal and landed near the thing that was holding the staff in place. "Does anyone else feel this took longer than it really did?" She muttered as she reached for the sword.

 

Looking at it the object was the size of a regular longsword. The hilt was gold and the guard went into a dragon-like shape. What struck Kasayee as odd was how good the condition of the blade was. It seemed to be in perfect condition despite the situation.

 

The girl was once more struck with how wasteful humans tended to be. This weapon seemed to be one that would cost a lot and yet it was just stuck down here like this...what was the point?

 

Shrugging to herself Kasayee pulled the blade out, having to use a bit of force to do so, and turned to the nearest pillar. She crouched and leapt to it. She took her time and each jump was made so that she would land on the center of each pillar as she made her way towards the doorway at the opposite end of the room than they entered.

 

In the doorway was the small, stone, block she had seen before. There was a slit at the top. Remembering the words "The hero's journey is fraught with danger and loss, yet only his sword may open the dragon's tomb." Kasayee knew what to do.

 

The sword felt awkward in her hands as she reversed her grip on it. She would be happy to get rid of it. The druid stabbed the blade into the opening in the block.

Click

That noise was followed by another. A rumble.

 

"What now?" Kasayee thought, with slight exasperation.


8PBUpdp.gif


#38
Alaina

Alaina

    「So that those thoughts won't be lost」

  • Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,073 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:15 PM
  • Alias:Skaia

As the sword was placed in the slit, the pillars the guild members were on started to rumble. In a sudden movement, the pillars all lowered themselves, becoming level with the platform the exit was on. Stone bridges shot out from each of the pillars, creating an interconnecting path between each of the pillars and allowing the members to merely walk across it to the door. All of the bubbles of force had also dissipated as a result. The door itself started to rumble as well, as once everything was done, the door raised upward, opening the path forward. 

 

The path forward was a hallway, quite like the ones that the guild members had walked through when they first entered. A dimly lit hallway, narrow in size and sloping upwards. As the gang made their way upward, they would eventually find themselves in a large empty and circular room. To the group's left would be a large stone door blocking any path, while directly ahead of them was another entrance mirroring their own. The main thing of note, though, would be the four other people who seemed to be in the room as well, who were fairly close to the large stone door. The group would recognize the four as one of the groups that had been apart of this exam as well, Barkskin, with Vincent more remembering them as the guild that lacked any sort of inherit magic, though there seemed to be faint auras of it radiating from them. 

 

The man with the large coffin like object strapped to his back, turning around as he saw the Cherry Heart guild members. "Well, look who's finally arrived." 

 

OOC

Posted Image


#39
God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

    Neopolitan

  • Moderators
  • 11,006 posts
    Last Visit 7 minutes ago
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Kasayee watched the door as all sorts of things happened behind her. She assumed that the others would be able to make it the rest of the way without trouble and so, when the door opened, she moved onward.

 

They were going up. Which was a bit unexpected. She had thought they'd be going down into a sort of heart of the mountain. Though perhaps this just meant their goal was near the top of the mountain instead.

Or maybe they were just wandering around back and forth.

She didn't really mind either way.

 

When the hallway ended they found a rather plain looking room. Which was fine by her. The less exciting scenery they saw the less tampering must have been done. There were people here. People with weapons. Not all too interesting people. She assumed they had emerged from the opening on the other side and were now stuck here until that stone door opened up.

 

One of them, a boy with what Kasayee knew to be a coffin, reminding her of her trip to the tomb days ago, spoke to them. They sounded like they had expected the group to arrive. Was there something she had missed? Was this supposed to happen?

 

She glanced at each of them, sizing them up, and decided that if it came down to it she'd go for the girl with red hair first.

With that train of thought Kasayee looked at the coffin boy and said, sounding downright bored, "Are we supposed to fight now?"

 

He shrugged saying, "seems that way. Door over here says that only once someone takes another's shard by force will it open. I take it you also have a shard of the 'dragon jewel'?"

 

Instead of responding Kasayee merely crouched down. She turned her attention towards the red-haired girl. "Might be hard not to kill one of them." she said to no one in particular. These "rules" that they were under seemed like a bother.


8PBUpdp.gif


#40
Hälō

Hälō

    Tis I, Hollow

  • Advanced Members
  • 719 posts
    Last Visit

"Might be hard not to kill one of them." 

 

"Don't worry..." Vincent scoffed. Using the surplus of magic particles he had gathered in the other room, he quickly formed his bow along with massive arrow. 

 

The boy let out a small grunt as he pulled the bolt backwards. Seemingly aiming straight towards the other guild for a moment before closing one eye and suddenly shooting the trick arrow upwards at an angle.

 

"Self preservation should do most of the heavy lifting." He smirked as he watched his trick arrow quickly climb into the air before shifting his attention down to the other group. "If you don't wanna die, hand over the shard and get out of our way!" 

 

His words prompted the crimson arrow suddenly burst into a rain of smaller projectiles that shot down towards the group with new momentum. "Scatter!" 


tumblr_o381i0pXdM1u4rds9o4_540.png





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users