Planning Thread for Story Ideas

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

I had a bit of a thought on making a thread like this for a while as a help for me personally, but also for other people to run with as they see fit.  Basically, it is a place to post story prompts that you are thinking about writing or just ones that you think might be cool for someone else to run with.  Further, you can expand your post with basic story elements and pieces that you think you might use in writing that prompt as well as a place to receive ideas for said prompt/story elements before making it into its own topic (or simply as outside criticism).

This thread is meant to help "get your creative juices flowing" as they say: the Creative Writing section equivalent of CC's Planning Thread for Card Ideas thread.

(if anyone has particularly good resources for writing/finding prompts, I'll place 'em in the OP)

Happy Writing!

I've a few different stories things in mind.

The first is possibly revamping one of the very first roleplays I participated in on this site: Digimon: The Seven Demon Lords. https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/30536-digimon-the-seven-demon-lords-startedno-more-forms/page-1

It's really amateurish, and definitely a sign of how much I had to grow as a writer. I've been using my character in that roleplay, Arthur, the current Grand Crossover Roleplay, and I'd like to revise the roleplay in my own way, both to give Arthur a more revised backstory, as well as to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the roleplay.

Another story I've wanted to do is Yu-Gi-Oh! Zodiac Cross. General idea is to have a western Zodiac-themed Duel Academy, but I'm not sure if I want that to be my own fanfic, or open that up to be a roleplay.

Archived