[EXFO] Vendread [No Images]

Full effects posted on Org without images. You may take them with a grain of salt, however Org does trust the source, so keep that in mind.

EXFO-EN082
Vendread Battlelord
Level 7 DARK
Zombie-Type Ritual Monster
You can Ritual Summon this card with any “Vendread” Ritual Spell. You can banish 1 “Vendread” card from your GY and declare 1 type of card (Monster, Spell, or Trap); for the rest of this turn, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects of that type. If this Ritual Summoned card is sent to the GY: You can add 1 “Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, send 1 “Vendread” monster from your Deck to the GY. You can only use each effect of “Vendread Battlelord” once per turn.
ATK 2700/Def 0

EXFO-EN083
Vendread Core
Level 1 DARK Zombie-Type Effect Monster
If this card is in your GY: You can banish 1 other Zombie monster from your GY; Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field. A “Vendread” monster Ritual Summoned using this card on the field gains the following effect. You can only use each of the preceding effects of “Vendread Core” once per turn.
• Your opponent cannot target this card with card effects.

ATK 0/DEF 500

EXFO-EN084

Vendread Charge
Quickplay Spell Card
Send 1 Zombie monster from your hand or face-up from your field to the GY; Special Summon 1 “Vendread” monster from your deck. You can only activate 1 “Vendread Charge” per turn.

EXFO-EN085
Vendread Revolution
Trap Card
Discard 1 card, then target 1 “Vendread” monster and 1 Ritual Spell in your GY; Special Summon that monster in Defense Position, and if you do, add that Ritual Spell to your hand. You can banish this card from your GY; then target 5 of your banished Zombie monsters; shuffle them into your Deck, then draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of “Vendread Revolution” once per turn.

[spoiler=My Thoughts]
Battlelord is one mean monster, and absolutely the sort of turn-1 Ritual monster they need. The Shockmaster effect is a tad concerning, however the hard OPT means that it can't be abused like Shock Master was. Definitely a very strong monster.

Core is strong for its self-summon and its access to Linkuriboh, One for One is nice, it'll just remain to see how it works for the ritual mechanic of the deck and how practical it is.

Charge is very, very, very good. That's just a good card, and while it's a technical -1, being able to dump Zombos from the hand to the grave is really productive for that deck as a whole. There's a lot of zombos you want in the grave, and setting up that while giving you a free summon from the deck is just mmmmwah!

Revolution is fantastic for its grave effect, and it has a lot of strong application to a lot of different cards. The field effect is OKAY, it's functional, but man that grave effect, that grave effect without any sort of delay on when you can use it, that's just very, very nice. Very useful.

Double Shockmaster never really happned outside of Star Seraphs

the OPT isn't what weakens it, but rather it being a MD monster and thus not on demand. Would shock really do much anymore? No not really, but regardless ^

I mean, I wasn't making any sort of comment as to why Shock should or should not stay banned, just pointing it out how much of an obnoxious piece of work this card would be to deal with by comparing it to the most similar example.

I mean, I wasn't making any sort of comment as to why Shock should or should not stay banned, just pointing it out how much of an obnoxious piece of work this card would be to deal with by comparing it to the most similar example.

Right, and I was noting the problem with shock (if you still consider it a problem) is how easily accessible it was

This effect alone doesn't really merit attention 

I assume you can not use the token summoned from Reorigin as cost for Charge?

I really like Core personally.  It is a card that can help out Shiranui Zombies immensely by choosing the order of what you want to banish with a bit more precision and at your own pace over other cards that have specific or delayed timings.  Being able to summon out Linkuriboh doesn't actively help out Zombies a ton, but it is a utility that can't hurt.

Charge looks interesting.  In Vendreads, it looks like it has real potential since it is the card they need to get precise levels and put whatever effects they want on the ritual monster.  Not sure it has a ton of application for Zombie decks as a whole other than turbo-ing out Core.  It does have similar problems as Brilliant Fusion if used as an engine and, unlike BriFu, is a minus.  Is it searchable?

Haven't played Vendreads as a deck since their first wave of support, so I dunno if this trap or the Ritual monster is what they need.

I assume you can not use the token summoned from Reorigin as cost for Charge?

I really like Core personally.  It is a card that can help out Shiranui Zombies immensely by choosing the order of what you want to banish with a bit more precision and at your own pace over other cards that have specific or delayed timings.  Being able to summon out Linkuriboh doesn't actively help out Zombies a ton, but it is a utility that can't hurt.

Charge looks interesting.  In Vendreads, it looks like it has real potential since it is the card they need to get precise levels and put whatever effects they want on the ritual monster.  Not sure it has a ton of application for Zombie decks as a whole other than turbo-ing out Core.  It does have similar problems as Brilliant Fusion if used as an engine and, unlike BriFu, is a minus.  Is it searchable?

Haven't played Vendreads as a deck since their first wave of support, so I dunno if this trap or the Ritual monster is what they need.

Tokens can't be sent to the GY as cost, that is corret.

you folx realise battlelord doesnt work on the opp's turn, right?

I will have to admit, I did not read close enough to realize that the effect didn't extend to the next turn. That said, it's still not TERRIBLE, but it's definitely not the turn 1 card that I thought it was.

Battlelord can prevent hand traps so you can continue your plays, but that's not until after you get it out which would probably take some set-up that could be hand trapped.

Vendread Charge is great. Nice to see more themed E-Tele's what with this and Quick Launch. 

Vendread Revolution needs 5 banished Zombies for its GY effect. I don't think it'd be live enough consistently enough.

Battlelord can prevent hand traps so you can continue your plays, but that's not until after you get it out which would probably take some set-up that could be hand trapped.

Vendread Charge is great. Nice to see more themed E-Tele's what with this and Quick Launch. 

Vendread Revolution needs 5 banished Zombies for its GY effect. I don't think it'd be live enough consistently enough.

It's incredibly easy, especially if you have some Shiranui's teched.

After some testing, I've concluded that the deck has a very strong engine. Zombies just have some good cards, and there's a lot that this deck just works really well with. You have no problem getting monsters out on the field at all.

The problem, however, is the end-goal of those fields. The deck has almost no search power for its Ritual Spell and very limited search for its Ritual Monsters. If you don't open with the ability to Ritual Summon, the deck just does a whole lot of nothing and has nowhere to go.

If there's more support on the way, even if it's just a Link monster, it needs to enable better consistency for the Rituals. Otherwise, this deck just doesn't go anywhere fast.

Question: Can you play a Vendread Deck without Ritual Monsters? I know that's how it's meant to be played, but something tells me it's not impossible to build a deck out of them using only the support unrelated to Ritual, since, aside from their secondary effects when Tributed on the field, their non-Ritual monsters could fit well in Zombie decks, while Nights and Charge - as well as Revolution, to a lesser extent - don't depend on Ritual cards either. Just a thought.

Archived