[EXFO] Pendulum Spirits [No Images]

Same deal as the Vendread cards; effects and stats are all leaked, save the images. Take that with a grain of salt, however Org trusts the source so keep that in mind.

Karate Spirit Kuno-Oh
Level 5 WIND
Warrior / Pendulum / Spirit / Effect
Scale 9
P-Effect: If a monster(s) is Pendulum Summoned, return this card from the Pendulum Zone to the hand. (Org – unknown if this effect starts a Chain)
M-Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned: You can send to the GY all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls that are in the same columns as the cards in your Pendulum Zones. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return this card to the hand.
ATK 2400/DEF 1000

Sumo Spirit Yoko-Zuna
Level 5 WIND
Warrior / Pendulum / Spirit / Effect
Scale 1
P-Effect: If a monster(s) is Pendulum Summoned, return this card from the Pendulum Zone to the hand. (Org – unknown if this effect starts a Chain)
M-Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned: You can send to the GY all monsters your opponent controls that are in the same column as 1 of your cards in the Pendulum Zones. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return this card to the hand.
ATK 2400/DEF 1000

[spoiler=My Thoughts]
I'm... interested for the scales and the self-bounce. Returning the cards themselves to the hands is beneficial in terms of pendulum plays; it keeps the cards more protected to be re-used again and again, quickplay removal being a much bigger concern for them than removal in general, but it also allows you to make use of other cards and still use these for their scales despite the lack of other beneficial effects.

The typing/attribute is somewhat annoying, especially their status as spirits. It leaves a lot to be desired in terms of their pool of support. Their attribute is, if anything, more useful than their typing considering their level. The scales and the pendulum effect are the bigger draws for these cards; a generic 9 that can be splashed has a place I believe, it's just that these cards have a lack of other cards and effects that really -work- for them.

The monster effects, however, are not particularly great. I'm sure there's some real random, niche scenarios that they come into play where people are either intentionally putting their cards in the far zones, or doing so because their field is so full, but only happening in Tribute Summoning doesn't make those effects really worth going for.

They're intriguing cards to keep in mind in case things that work for them crop up, but as of now they're more something to put on the back-burner than to make immediate use of.

Could be useful to Mythical Beasts if you don't want to mix them with Zefra for some reason :/ I dunno.

that's actually pretty saucy since you cant use myth beasts with zefra that well since you cant zefra war the same turn, but these ninjas bounce so that you can use the beasts again

Although it's probably not relevant with electrum opening up zones anyway idk

Spirit Pendulums, well it's time to make a new custom card out of this. As for these, they really aren't anything too special other than having Spirits you can Special Summon, not that there is much reason to do so, since their effects only work on Normal Summons, and those aren't great. They are WIND, so I suppose they mean for them to be support for Shinobird, even though that won't really work since you know, they are Spirit monsters.

• Effects that trigger on Normal Summon
  • 1 Tribute Level range
  • 2400 ATK & 1000 DEF
  • A scale wide enough for every single Monarch monster ever made
  • Escape any non-Quick-Play removal after Pendulum Summoning

These things are practically screaming "Use us in Monarchs!". The escape back to the hand from the PZone in addition to the standard Spirit escape clause means they'll have a harder time going to the ED and disabling Domain. Still a risky move using them as monsters, though.

Archived