Galador, the Thundering Wrath

Atypical-Abbie

So the first Spirit Pendulum Monsters are finally coming out in EXFO, so figured I would make a support card for them. This card is able to search the two new Spirit Monsters, though you also discard, though that's designed to work with Feast of the Wild LV5 since the new cards are Level 5 Warriors, has a Pendulum Scale that works well for them and also boosts Spirit monsters' ATK, though the main event is the Tribute Summon effect that destroys all your opponent's cards, as long as they didn't play them the previous turn. Additionally it also discards to return a Spirit monster you control to the hand, and then draw 1 card for an added bonus.

galador__the_thundering_wrath_by_zaziuma

Pendulum Effect:

When this card is activated: You can add 1 Level 5 or higher Spirit monster from your Deck to your hand, except “Galador, the Thundering Wrath”, then discard 1 card. You can only use this effect of “Galador, the Thundering Wrath” once per turn. All Spirit monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF.

Monster Effect:

When this card is Tribute Summoned by using a Spirit monster: You can destroy all cards your opponent control that were not Summoned or activated during their previous turn. (Quick Effect): You can discard this card, then target 1 Spirit monster you control; return it to your hand, then draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of “Galador, the Thundering Wrath” once per turn. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return this card to the hand. 

Looks fine to me. ROTAs are always welcomed, and the discard should keep it fair. The monster effect looks good as well.

If anything, I suggest to make it WIND, not only to deviate a bit from the more common LIGHT/Thunder typing, also to go along with the recently leaked Spirit Pendulums. Also, parentheses aren't needed in "Quick Effect" if there isn't any other condition on it. For an example, see "Raidraptor - Satellite Cannon Falcon".

Looks fine to me. ROTAs are always welcomed, and the discard should keep it fair. The monster effect looks good as well.

If anything, I suggest to make it WIND, not only to deviate a bit from the more common LIGHT/Thunder typing, also to go along with the recently leaked Spirit Pendulums. Also, parentheses aren't needed in "Quick Effect" if there isn't any other condition on it. For an example, see "Raidraptor - Satellite Cannon Falcon".

Well, I guess I could make it WIND, but it isn't exactly suppose to have anything to do with them, just that it works well with them, making it a WIND monster seems odd to me, especially since thunder is seen more of a LIGHT thing than a WIND thing to me.

I think that's an outlier as I searched and couldn't find any other card than Falcon that doesn't have the parentheses, Trickstar Lycoris and Destiny Hero - Dangerous  not do this for example.

Well, I guess I could make it WIND, but it isn't exactly suppose to have anything to do with them, just that it works well with them, making it a WIND monster seems odd to me, especially since thunder is seen more of a LIGHT thing than a WIND thing to me.

There are some WIND/Thunders around, like Mist Valleys. And since this depicts a storm behind it rather than just electricity like most LIGHT/Thunders do, IMO WIND would be more appropriate.

Ah, you are right on that one. Parenthesis should be fine, then.

Archived