Face down in the graveyard.

zepheris

Putting it simply, there are 11 possible locations for cards in the game of yugioh. In nearly all of them, both face-up and face-down cards exist. hand can be face up in the case of niche cards such as zushin, deck can be face-up in the case of niche cards such as parasite paracide. ED can be face up in the case of pendulums. Monster card zones naturally have face up and face down cards, same with the extra monster zones, face up and face down. S/T zones can have set cards and face up cards, you can set field spells, and although it wasn't possible before, you can set backrow in the pendulum zones. Banished cards can also be face down, as many desires users would know. That's 10 zones.

However, the graveyard, the 11th and final zone has no way of supporting face down cards. there is no card in the game that goes to the graveyard face down. there is no card that can send another face down to the grave, or to change cards in the grave to face down.

Basically, the graveyard is the only zone in the game where face-down cards cannot exist.

This is wrong.

There should be cards that send other cards face down to the grave, even if they're irrelevant gimmicks like paracide.

Thus, I shall make one. It makes no difference by actually existing, but I want it to see the light of day. (If somebody wants to make a new summoning mechanic, there's an option for you. Hidden summoning, stealth summoning, shadow summoning, whatever, to make cards that stay primarily face down, even in the grave.

Finally, a card to end the post, because as far as I know, all posts need to have a card,

Gravekeeper's Finisher

level 4

atk 1800

def 0

spellcaster/DARK

All monsters destroyed by battle with this card are sent to the graveyard face-down. Cards sent to the graveyard in this way have their effects negated and cannot be targeted, even after this card leaves the field.

"Cards sent to the graveyard in this way have their effects negated and cannot be targeted, even after this card leaves the field."

Black or someone might have to correct me on this, but I don't think this line is needed. It's a mechanics thing. For example, banishing a dragon ruler or tengu face down doesn't trigger their effects, but it's also not explicitly written on cards that you CAN'T activate the effects. It's implied due to the mechanics

To be fair, Winter, this is in Experimental because it technically breaks the existing mechanic about cards in GY being face-up and in this guy's case, likely design proofing against any future cards that could abuse it. But really, more for the rulings that will arise if this was in the regular area. 

(It is past midnight at the time of writing, so...will come back to this later.)

=====

Just to confirm for TC, yeah, you need at least 1 card and you got it. 

Archived