Vendread Support Ideas

Ultimagamer

Vendreads aren't very good in their current state, and they need a lot to turn that around. I thought of these in terms of support that could make them viable, please tell me what you think

Vendread Germs

Level 1 / Zombie / Dark / Tuner / Effect

0 attack / 0 defense

If you would ritual summon a “Vendread” ritual monster you can treat this card as the entire tribute for that summon. If you would ritual summon a “Vendread” monster, you can banish this card from your graveyard for that summon. If this card is used for the ritual summon of a “Vendread” ritual monster, that monster gains this effect.

• When this card is ritual summoned; you can either destroy all spell and traps your opponent controls or all monsters your opponent controls.

( This next card used to be a tuner, not anymore though, works better as a non tuner ) 

Vendread Reaper, Prince of the Zombies

Level 4 / Zombie / Dark / Effect

1700 attack / 1400 defense

When this card is summoned, you can send 1 zombie type monster from your deck to your graveyard; add 1 “Vendread” card from your deck to your hand. If this card is used for the ritual summon of a “Vendread” ritual monster, that monster gains this effect

• Once per turn, you can pay 1000 lifepoints, add 1 of your banished zombie type monsters or 1 zombie type monster from your graveyard to your hand

Soul Devourer of the Vendread

Level 9 / Zombie / Dark / Ritual / Effect

2500 attack / 2000 defense

Must first be summoned with any “Vendread” ritual spell card. When this card is summoned; you can special summon any number of “Vendread” monsters from either your graveyard or from your banished cards, but shuffle them into the deck during the end phase. You can only use this effect of “Soul Devourer of the Vendread” once per turn. If this card is sent to the graveyard, you can send 1 zombie type monster from your deck to your graveyard; add 1 “Vendread” card from your deck or graveyard to your hand.

Revendread Memories

Spell - Ritual

You can use this card to ritual summon any “Vendread” ritual monster from your hand or graveyard. You must tribute monsters in your hand or field whose levels equal the level of the monster you want to summon. If you control no monsters and all the monsters in your graveyard are zombie type; you can special summon the ritual monster from your deck. If a “Soul Devourer of the Vendread” you control leaves the field, you can banish this card from your graveyard; send 1 “Vendread” monster from your deck to your graveyard, then special summon 1 “Vendread” ritual monster from your deck or graveyard, ignoring it’s summoning conditions ( this is treated as a ritual summon ).

also, I gotta tone back a bit on how much I reference nekroz whilst making ritual monsters, espcially with the ever so original "Vendread of Trishula" *facepalms*

Going heavy on the Tuners? I know a lot of us were hoping to Vandreads would get a Tuner when F.A. got one but still personally mixed about it.

The level 1 can be used with the rituals to make some nice synchro monsters, like a Black Rose with Slayer.

The level 4 will probably interact more with the Unizombie/Shiranui part of the deck than Vendreads for Synchros than the actual Vendreads themselves

For the cards themselves:

Vendread Germs:

A Shurit for Vendreads, very nice but I think this card is a bit too good. It just does too much on its own

• Fulfils the entire requirement for the ritual summon,
    • Twice since it goes to the GY the first time
  • Blows up your opponent's field
  • Doesn't let your opponents cards float
  • CAn bE UseD tO sUmmoN tHe aLmigHty "DoKuRoRideR"

I'd at least take off the part restricting the floating

add 1 “Vendread” card from your deck to your hand

Good card 10/10, Konami take note this is what Vendreads need!

More seriously, love this card, could work as a starter card since it can get you the remaining pieces you need to go off.

Vendread of Trishula
Trishula?
Trishula!?
Trishula!?!?!?

You already copied Nekroz enough with the Shuit above, but this is just a straight rip off of Trishula. The stats, the name, the effect, just damn.

At least with Nekroz, there was a lot of lore connecting them to the Ice Barrier Dragons but this..... this is just plagiarism....

Good Card though

Revendread Memories
Another Pre-Prep target nice, they need 1 or 2 more ritual spells so this is already a good start

The sending from the deck is fair and powerful so I really like that. Was worried for a bit you would take too much inspiration from Nekroz but this is a nice card that does it's own thing.

The Special Summoning a Ritual Monster from the deck is something else. It's probably fine since the ritual monsters rely on the main deck monster to give them good effects to some extent. Overall Really Like it

Going heavy on the Tuners? I know a lot of us were hoping to Vandreads would get a Tuner when F.A. got one but still personally mixed about it.

The level 1 can be used with the rituals to make some nice synchro monsters, like a Black Rose with Slayer.

The level 4 will probably interact more with the Unizombie/Shiranui part of the deck than Vendreads for Synchros than the actual Vendreads themselves

For the cards themselves:

Vendread Germs:

A Shurit for Vendreads, very nice but I think this card is a bit too good. It just does too much on its own

• Fulfils the entire requirement for the ritual summon,
    • Twice since it goes to the GY the first time
  • Blows up your opponent's field
  • Doesn't let your opponents cards float
  • CAn bE UseD tO sUmmoN tHe aLmigHty "DoKuRoRideR"

I'd at least take off the part restricting the floating

Good card 10/10, Konami take note this is what Vendreads need!

More seriously, love this card, could work as a starter card since it can get you the remaining pieces you need to go off.

Vendread of Trishula
Trishula?
Trishula!?
Trishula!?!?!?

You already copied Nekroz enough with the Shuit above, but this is just a straight rip off of Trishula. The stats, the name, the effect, just damn.

At least with Nekroz, there was a lot of lore connecting them to the Ice Barrier Dragons but this..... this is just plagiarism....

Good Card though

Revendread Memories
Another Pre-Prep target nice, they need 1 or 2 more ritual spells so this is already a good start

The sending from the deck is fair and powerful so I really like that. Was worried for a bit you would take too much inspiration from Nekroz but this is a nice card that does it's own thing.

The Special Summoning a Ritual Monster from the deck is something else. It's probably fine since the ritual monsters rely on the main deck monster to give them good effects to some extent. Overall Really Like it

Thanks for the feedback! I always appreciate it

I'm a big fan of Nekroz, which as you can see here is where I got germs and Trishula from. Good point on the Trishula, I should probably do some other idea for it. As for the germs, it could definitely be changed to tone it down a bit. I had the idea for the reaper from neptabyss, given that he supports mermails and atlanteans so efficiently by fueling their graveyards and graveyard effects

+ Bump for edits

Changes

1. Removed effect on germs that prevents floating of cards

2. Changed Trishula into Soul Devourer and changed the effect

It much better now, the Ritual doesn't rip of Trishula anymore (you still need to change the name in the ritual spell btw) and Germs is much more balanced.

Level 9 is a bit high, especially since Zombies don't run monster higher than level 4, but it works well with the Germs so that works out. 

Now if only Konami would make equally good cards IRL.......

Archived