Book of Doom (Your Hand or Your BRAAAAAAAAINS!)

Black D'Sceptyr

book_of_doom_by_bdsceptyr-dc1a28o.png

[spoiler=Book of Doom: Info]
Quick-Play Spell Card

Lore: If you control no monsters: Your opponent reveals their hand, then you can declare the name of 1 revealed monster in their hand (if any): destroy 1 Zombie monster in your hand with a Level equal to or higher than that monster, and if you do, your opponent Special Summons 1 monster with the declared name from their hand to your side of the field, ignoring its Summoning conditions. It becomes a Zombie monster while it is on the field, it cannot attack directly, also banish it when it leaves the field. You can only activate 1 "Book of Doom" per turn.

Swear to god I had this card lying in sta.sh limbo on DeviArt for months before this crowned its way onto the forum, my profound apologies Gun you know I'm your guy when it comes to honest appraisal of awesome cards

Oh goodness, I think this may be busted if they get a main Deck Level 12 Zombie. Until that moment when a Vendread vs. Hokarty match spawns the conditions for it, let's see how this makes high-Level Zombies popular again. If at all.

I came up with the idea for this from Illusion Gate of all things. From the age of the thoroughly busted soul-taking Spells duelists I like (Lucian and Camula) use to defeat Duelists they probably shouldn't be is somehow a fancy of mine. 

I'll try to do more by the Zombie line-up tomorrow-till then, may the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance.

BDS, signing off.

• 2 weeks later...

Stealing monsters before they are even Summoned, I like the concept.

Wish it didn't have the "ignore Summon conditions" clause, if only to be safe and keep you from stealing something busted and, well, the monsters have the clause for a reason, right?

Granted, you will need Zombies with Levels higher than the average monster, so that means a Level5+ will do in most cases, and there are decent to good Zombies with such Levels, namely Il Blud, so you wouldn't have to compromise too much the flow of your Deck to play this, at least in theory. That, or you can tech stuff like, let's say... Kasha?

In short, card is good IMO except for the ignore Summon condition clause.

Archived