New Gravekeeper's support (3/3)

ABC Gun

Gravekeeper's Dark Oracle - Majde: https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=1594969
​Untombed Pharaoh and Necromancer: https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=201496

[spoilersMonsters]H48nUtL.jpg
​Gravekeeper's Dark Oracle - Majde (DARK/Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect/Level 7/ATK 2500/DEF 2100)
2 "Gravekeeper's" monsters
While "Necrovalley" is face-up on the field, you can also Special Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) by Tributing the above monsters you control (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"). You can only Special Summon "Gravekeeper's Dark Oracle - Majde" once per turn this way. Cards in your GY are unaffected by "Necrovalley", also cards/effects you activate cannot be negated by "Necrovalley". If this card was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, except by Fusion Summon, apply the following effect.
● Once per turn, during your opponent's End Phase, Tribute 1 other "Gravekeeper's" monster you control or return this card to the Extra Deck.

KSGcWfj.jpg
​Untombed Pharaoh (EARTH/Zombie/Pendulum/Effect/Level 4/ATK 2000/DEF 500)
Pendulum Effect: When this card is activated: You can add, from your Deck to your hand, 1 "Necrovalley" card or 1 card that includes an effect that lists specifically "Necrovalley". You can only use this effect of "Untombed Pharaoh" once per turn.
​Monster Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Pendulum Summoned. When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can activate this effect; once during this turn, you can conduct a Tribute Summon of a "Gravekeeper's" monster by banishing a number of monsters from your GY exactly equal to the Tributes required for that Tribute Summon (it is still treated as a Tribute Summon). This effect cannot be negated by "Necrovalley".

lf2wsMW.jpg
​Untombed Necromancer (EARTH/Zombie/Pendulum/Normal/Level 3/ATK 500/DEF 2000)
Pendulum Effect: When this card is activated: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Gravekeeper's" monster in your GY; Special Summon it in Attack Position. This effect cannot be negated by "Necrovalley". You can only use this effect of "Untombed Necromancer" once per turn.
​Flavor Text: He was once a proud member of the Gravekeeper's clan, able to resurrect those that fell in combat and saved the souls of many from joining the afterlife. He was betrayed one fateful day, along with his Pharaoh whom he had dedicated his life to protect, the one who took him from this world was then be defeated by the Pharaoh's most trusted ally.

[spoilersDescription]I was going to tell a dark story involving these cards, but maybe that can be done later in a different post. Yes, you might think these cards are incredibly stupid for Gravekeeper's but hear me out, I made them to bring Gravekeeper's back into the competitive scene. The Fusion "Majde" has an optional Contact Fusion condition just so long as Necrovalley is on the field, regardless if you or your opponent controls that card but you could still Fusion Summon it with Polymerization or the new Magicalize Fusion, but you would to have to do so before activating a Necrovalley. While on the field, it acts as a one-sided shutoff to Necrovalley for your cards both allowing you to banish cards from your GY, and stopping your own cards/effects from being negated by Necrovalley so you can pull off whatever combos you could in Gravekeeper's like you would in another Deck. The drawback is it has a "Neo" Contact Fusion effect that returns itself to the Extra Deck unless you either Tribute another Gravekeeper you control or simply if you just Fusion Summoned it normally. The Untombed Pharoah is a searcher for cards that specifically list Necrovalley in their effects such as itself, Untombed Necromancer, A Cat of Ill Omen, An Owl of Luck, and most Gravekeeper's cards (most of the monsters except Gravekeeper's Ambusher as that card supports a Necrovalley Archetype not the card itself). It also acts as a Tribute Burial specifically for Gravekeeper's monsters, so instead of Tributing 3 of your Gravekeeper's monsters to Tribute Summon Oracle (the original), you can now just banish them from the GY instead, but this effect does not give you an additional Normal Summon/Set it just adjusts the one your given that turn, so if you already Normal Summoned/Set something then activated this effect nothing will happen unless you also activate cards like Double Summon to give yourself an extra Normal Summon that turn. Untombed Necromancer is just simply a Monster Reborn specific to the low Level Gravekeeper's monsters and it completes a Pendulum Scale, it can help bring back the Gravekeeper's monsters you've Tributed to activate effects or for a Tribute Summon, and with the scales on this and Pharaoh you could actually make some sort of Gravekeeper's Pendulum Magician Deck that could take full advantage of cards like Gravekeeper's Stele.

While I don’t think these are bad cards, I just personally don’t see them being used in a grave keeper deck, maybe more so the pendulum monster just for the benefit of being able to special summon monster but other then that I don’t see how they help “get the win” for the archetype.

However here are my individual reviews:

Gravekeeper's Dark Oracle - Majde- the summoning requirement for Madje is simple enough, you’re not commiting to many resources while producing a strong bodied monster, this is made even easier with the special summoning effect while necrobally isn’t on the field.as for his effect, doesn’t necrovalley already allow for someone with gravekeepers to access the grave? If so I would change this effect to a extra deck locking effect as long as necrovalley in on the field. Make it a sort of walking Domain of the Monarchs. This would also be reason enough to include that last effect that returns him to extra deck. I might also add that it returns the monsters you tributed.

Untombed Pharoh- personally I don’t like archetypical support that doesn’t include the archetypes name, that’s where I would begin with this. While gravekeepers certainly were not crying out for pendulum support, it definitely helps them. His pendedlum effect is very interesting to me, giving gravekeepers access to cards that synergize with necrovalley such as the cards you listed above could open up different combos that gravekeepers didn’t have access to before. For his monster effect, it makes sense that if all 3 of these cards were released that there would be an effect to get Majde out quickly. So no problem there.

Untombed Necromancer- I because of the pendelum arrow being so high, I would add a “can only pendelum summon Gravekeeper monsters”. It’s pendulum effect is simple enough so no problem here with it.

Majde:

Would make a bit more of sense as a Link Monster, IMO. Although it would be missing on ATK, you can always give it an effect that makes it gain ATK. (e.g. Altergeist Hextia).

Untombeds:

I don't get why they don't share the name, Atrribure not Type of most Gravekeepers (with a few exceptions like GK Commandant and Charm of Shabti). Giving GKs Pendulum power is a bit random, but welcomed regardless. It isn't unheard of to give a Pendulum or 2 to non-Pendulum archetypes (e.g. the Symphonic Pendulums).

Those bits aside, looks like solid support to me. You really can't go wrong with searching, so the Pendulum effects are good. Also I noticed the Dark Magician stats in Majde xD

Also I noticed the Dark Magician stats in Majde xD

That's because I was working on a story (its in part of Untombed Necromancer's flavor text) where Majde is the cousin and rival of Palladium Oracle Mahad (who later becomes Dark Magician), then Majde betrays the Gravekeepers, Mahad whoops his a$$ for his betrayal, then later on Majde would become... Arkana Dark Magician.

Archived