So I made a thing... :P

My Entity support is actually made up of 3 different archetypes: Eldritch (Extra Deck supp), Abomination (Extra Deck supplemental Boss monsters), and Entity (Extra Deck support/Boss monsters).

This set: Eldritch Entity, comes with new Prophecy Breakers! I will post them in the PB thread in Advanced.

I appreciate thorough reviews and commentary. The archetype might be pretty confusing to those who haven't studied the official archetype, but once you figure out the complex summoning sequences needed to pull off the summoning of Azzathoth or any of my level 10-12 Boss monsters it starts to make more sense. Thanks for reading!

All cards have been re-balanced/updated

Elder Entity Bast has been changed to Elder Entity Yhoundeh, in better keeping with the Lovecraft mythology

[spoiler=Extra Deck]
I2f3RLX.jpg

Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner monster
When this card is used as Fusion Material for a Fusion Summon: Draw 1 card. When this card is used as Synchro Material for a Synchro Summon: Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to that monster's Summon.

csO6K0y.jpg

Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card is Synchro Summoned: Draw 1 card for every other XYZ, Synchro or Fusion monster you control. If this card is used as a Fusion Material for a Fusion Summon: Draw 1 card. When an XYZ monster is Summoned using this card on the field as material: Attach 1 level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard to that XYZ monster as XYZ material.

nB1QDVY.jpg

Effect: 1 Synchro or XYZ Monster + 1 Synchro or XYZ Monster
This card cannot be used as Synchro Material. When this card is Fusion Summoned: Special Summon (from your hand or GY) 2 or more monsters whose total combined levels are equal to or less than this card's level.

PgVdXyl.jpg

Effect: 3 level 4 monsters
Once per turn, you can target up to 3 level 4 or lower Synchro or Fusion monsters in your GY and then detach the same number of XYZ materials from this card: Special Summon those targets.

Note: My personal favourite. A clear upgrade to Nyarla in that it requires three monsters to XYZ summon, meaning you have an extra XYZ material to detach for Azzathoth's effect so that you can use it twice, unless of course you choose to use Ghroth for his effect. Even then, you can still get another Ghroth -> Azzathoth combo out of that, long as you have the appropriate targets in the grave already.

N79Fjbn.jpg

Effect: 1 Synchro Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro monsters
This card cannot be used as Synchro Material. When this card is Synchro Summoned, Special Summon 1 Synchro monster from your GY or Extra Deck whose level is equal to or lower than this card's current level.

vNeKDS8.jpg

Effect: 2 Fusion Monsters
This card cannot be used as Fusion Material. When this card is removed from the field: Special Summon 1 Fusion monster from your GY or Extra Deck whose level is equal to or lower than this card's level while it was face-up on the field.

ueAyw9m.jpg

Effect: 2 level 6 monsters
If this card has a Fusion and a Synchro monster as XYZ Materials: Your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap Card effects while this card is face-up on the field. Once per turn, detach 1 XYZ Material from this card: This card gains 800 ATK until the End Phase.

Note: A great opener if you summon him the proper way. Should last you long enough to get a few things set up in the grave and take a few chunks out of your opponent's LP.

[spoiler=Spell Cards]
NO2Em0d.jpg

Effect: If you Fusion Summon a monster, during your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 of the monsters used as Fusion Material from the GY. If you Synchro Summon a monster: Draw 1 card. If you XYZ Summon a monster: You can attach 1 monster from your GY to that card as XYZ material and if the XYZ monster is an "Entity" monster it does not have to detach its XYZ materials in order to activate any of it's effects. You can only use each of these effects of this card's name once per turn.

DcvVxIb.jpg

Effect: Reveal 1 Fusion or Synchro monster in your Extra Deck: The levels of all face-up "Eldritch" monsters become the revealed monster's level until the End Phase.

dCT9Sc6.jpg

Effect: Reveal 1 "Outer Entity" Xyz Monster in your Extra Deck, and banish monster(s) whose total combined levels are equal to or more than the revealed monster's Rank: Special Summon the revealed monster, and attach this card to it as Xyz Material.

IHatw2T.jpg

Effect: Special Summon 1 "Eldritch" or "Entity" monster from the Graveyard.

DnrX6me.jpg

Effect: Target up to 2 "Old Entity" monsters in your Graveyard; banish monsters from your hand or Graveyard whose total combined levels are equal to or more than the targeted monster(s): Special Summon that target.

VXvuVtQ.jpg

Effect: Once per turn, you can return 1 face-up "Eldritch" or "Entity" monster you control to the Extra Deck: Special Summon 1 "Eldritch" or "Entity" monster from your Graveyard. You can only activate this effect of "Gate of the Unseen" once per turn.

MYMXMtd.jpg

Effect: Target 1 face-up "Outer Entity Azzathoth" and return it to the Extra Deck: Special Summon any number of level 4 or lower Fusion or Synchro monsters from your Graveyard up to the number of Xyz Material the targeted "Outer Entity Azzathoth" had while it was face-up on the field at the time of this card's activation. You can only use 1 "Lullaby of Azzathoth" per turn.

zdeUcVS.jpg

Effect: "Outer Entity Azzathoth" cannot be destroyed or banished. Once per turn: You can target 1 Fusion, Synchro, or XYZ monster in your Graveyard and 1 face-up "Outer Entity Azzathoth" on your side of the field: Attach the first target to the second target as an XYZ material.

Hey, it's you again...

first monster, free summon and level modulation, which allows for a variety of synchro or xyz plays, and banishes itself to make itself balanced. Good card.

Second mon: Is the level modulation on everything? That aside, it's an altair for the deck. The fact that it gets its effect on special summon is a bit worrying, because nordin was a thing, and nobody wants to see nordin 2.0, but it's archetypal so ts fine.

third mon: the utility on these is a bit worrying. If you have a sufficient graveyard, you could make a chain of special summons every time you normaled something, but it's fine for now.

4th mon: Now I'm worried in the other direction. you have 3 effects that target level 4 or lower ones, and outside of the actual entities, you only have 2 main deck targets, and one of them auto banishes itself...

Darkspawn: I'm naming this thing because the name's apt for the card. It's a hellspawn. You already have 3 revival effects that target this thing, it summons itself at nearly no cost SOPT, and it has a revival effect on top of it all. Not to mention, the way it's worded, if it comes out of the grave, then enters it again(I wonder how it'll ever leave the grave...) it can reuse it's effect. A constantly respawning hellspawn that gives you free fusion material, 2 free synchro levels(Sometimes 4), and free rank 2 and 4 xyz at nearly no cost? Beautiful. Make it HOPT at the very least, and give it some cost, even if it's incredibly lame and 'free' like changing an attack position monster to defense position.

yogg: What is this thing, even. It makes an extra monster on summon, then gives you an extra monster, you know, one that could be used to xyz, then draw a card. If it's used for a synchro, you can target any entity, including itself, thus, you can theoretically get 4 more levels for synchro plays every single turn, wait, you already get that because hellspawn is a thing.

bast: I just noticed, hellspawn is a tuner, yay, so you can, theoretically, make hellspawn, then use hellspawn as a tuner for yogg, then bring hellspawn back to make a level 8, then proceed to make level 8 monsters every turn. bast just gives you an easier way to dump hellspawn, to make... you guessed it! yogg! and you can brig him out via instant fusion. Now every deck ever with instant fusion can, as long as they control an abyssal monster, make a level 8 synchro EVERY SINGLE TURN. Oh, and that's assuming hellspawn is HOPT. 

Also, why bring in egyptian stuff into chuthulu mythos?

I'm going to my classes now, I'll do the rest later.

Continuing from before:

gargaroth: Free soul charge. Sure there's some restrictions, and it's a 3 mat, but there's no way this is balanced.

godzillarex: Dude... Read the card again. Why did you think this is healthy for the game exactly? Also, hellspawn and yogg can make this, then the dude resummons hellspawn, and goes into a level 8, 9, 10, or 11 monster, then it summons another hellspawn from the extra deck after being used as material.

Knight: Dare I remind you to read this card as well. Putting aside other cards, perhaps some present in the S/T section, just using this with poly is insane. Go online, and play on dueling book for a few weeks. Understand the game a bit. Nordin is currently banned in both the tcg and ocg, and these cards make nordin look like a chump.

Yep, it's an abomination. A generic rank 6 naturia exterio. abomination. Have you played this game before? 

"Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card being Synchro Summoned. While this card is face-up on the field: negate the effects of all other cards on the field and in the GY. Once per turn, you can declare the card name of any Normal Spell card: This card gains that card's effects and can activate those effects once per turn."

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU MADE THIS THING.

Bast & hellspawn into yogg, yogg summons bast, normal summon abyssal, summon hellspawn from grave, summon this thing, declare painful choice, graceful charity, hell, declare metamorphoses, then bring out one of the other "Creations" below this card.

Alright, I'm assuming all cards below are similar cards, so I'm not gonna bother reading them.

Dude, I'm starting to think you're naming them "Abomination" on purpose. Most of the cards here, broken as they are, are only so when used in tandem with other cards. But whenever you put Abomination in the card's name, I start to wonder why I'm still reading this. Read this card. READ IT. Now, tell me, with a straight face, that this is balanced.

Something is indeed wrong with the rest of the cards here, but this one's somewhat okay. E call, plus some added utility. Normally something that'd be the best card in a regular deck, but it's just a slight breather in this one.

Very expected. Very very expected. It's an archetype exclusive instant fusion with no drawbacks. No, the battlephase thing doesn't count.

Monster reborn is banned for a reason. Still, somewhat tolerable.

Double monster reborn. Meh, it's fine.

I'm not commenting on this one. Figure it out for yourself.

Finally! I did it! The last two cards are a prize for me finally finishing, right? I mean, I don't see any other reason they'd be here. Thank you for improving my mood somewhat before I finished the entire review on a bad note. But seriously, why are these cards here?

Unless Konami actually breaks the 5000 ATK/DEF barrier on their own, yeah, the standard convention is that you don't break it [then again, not like we don't already agree with a ton of their design choices].

As for Divine Abomination, sans the Tuner requirement, this basically has same materials as Quasar/Blazar. If Decks can field Quasar, how easy is it to make Divine Abomination by replacing Formula/whatever with the Abyssal Tuner Synchro, which is generic.

It also amounts to a "I win" card, even if it is a Spirit Synchro.

====

Other concern is Ghroth's DEF for a 3-mat Rank 4, though yes, we already have Number 52 with 0/30 stats, so...I guess those are fine. The Soul Charge-esque effect bothers me.

====

Bast is fine, albeit it's restricted to a handful of stuff. IDK, guess you could use her to replace Norden in Synchro decks that used to spam him via Instant Fusion.

=======

I know I started permitting Fake Types in Casual this year, but to be honest, is there a reason that a lot of the ED (Great Olds) needed to be Divine-Beast or their own hybrid Types? If this were Advanced, you'd be getting a much larger earful about flavor breaking and some other stuff. 

The non-god ED seem to be okay for right now, least from the brief glance at their effects. Main Deck/stuff is probably fine, bar for some design issues. As for the rest, there are balancing issues that need addressing. 

tl;dr, even though Casual has more lax standards than Advanced, you need to put in the effort of balancing stuff and not intentionally breaking the game.

Again, remember, I'm just starting out, so of course I made some broken cards. You DID see the Prophecy Breakers when I first released them right? I post my stuff for this very reason: to get feedback to make them balanced, seeing as my ability to balance cards is extremely limited. I'll work on editing these cards and hope you guys will give me feedback on the updated ones as well.

P.S.: I see Zepheris is still struggling with his people skills, learn subtly and politeness my dude. Your feedback is useful but you keep coming off as an angry, arrogant elitist. Which makes it difficult for me to actually implement your suggestions as I don't really respond all that well to rudeness.

P.P.S. @Sakura I never intentionally break the game. Although it seems everyone else seems to think that, so maybe I'm just going to keep my next set to myself and just release the Prophecy Breakers for it, since I can't seem to make cards that don't just "break everything" or something.

I mean, he did knowingly and purposefully choose to break the ATK/DEF limit and explained why. I think that's fair enough, even if it is unorthodox. Going to have to draw the line at DIVINE and Divine-Beast; regardless of how powerful you want this bad boys to seem, I've always felt that at least flavour-wise they do belong with the Egyptian Gods...even though Konami hasn't done anything with them or said Type/Attribute anyway. Despite these being lovecraftian monsters, I would say it's best to just give them normal Typing/Attributing.

Your MD monster line-up is pretty solid. Garkus needs to say where he Summons from (I'm assuming the hand). However, I do agree with Zeph in terms of the targeting. Yes, you have a few ED targets, but in the archetype, in order to actually start it...it's severely lacking. The monster don't help with consistency much, although it is rather easy to vomit them out together, but neither Zarakus nor Garkus are targets at the moment. Don't modify their level though; considering how easily the monsters build up a chain of Summons, late game they would absolutely and almost always destroy. Just get a bit more creative in their effects. However, your first and last MD monsters are pretty interesting, and I love them.

Darkspawn is sadly not accessible to the archetype, considering Predator is a Tuner, and most Level 1s to run in a Deck are already Tuners. However, if you do splash in something like Tuningware, this card is certainly runnable over Formula Synchron, but I don't like how you make a card the archetype cannot use by itself...at least not easily. The second effect brings me to another point I wanted to bring up with the monsters, but forgot; targeted Special Summons. It's good etiquette for a monster to target what monster it is going to SS from the GY, like CotH. The only exception would be for specific powerful monsters in which you do want it to ignore this, but considering 90% of your SSing cards if not all don't target...perhaps something to look into. Regardless, the lack of HOPT on Darkspawn would make it an absolute KILLER in the deck once you get in your Level 1 non-Tuner, as it the last effect can be activated indefinitely (OPT resets when a card changes locations). Fusion Summoning effect is alright, I guess...You really have too many Summoning effects when you get to Yogg-Saron though. I mean, every single card so far has at least 1 Summoning effect, even if this card's first two effects aren't so broken. I mean, Entities aren't great and Norden is banned. When we get to Bast, I'm not really seeing why Entity cards are here. I mean, they are the only archetypal ladders they have to get to the bosses, but I feel by making MD monster support and expanding it past Level/Rank 4 without much explanation isn't that flavourful. Also, all Entity monsters are generic; they're just supposed to work well with each other. I think in your making support for them, you've lost their original idea that all Entities are meant to be splashable. Anywho, said card being able to use any Tuner in your ED is a bit strong, I think, and just being able to use a monster in your hand is enough. Yes, this is the only archetypal way you are going to be able to get Darkspawn, but it just feels like cheating. This archetype doesn't have a theme of Summoning using ED monsters as materials; why just throw it in? Ghroth just seems stupid; where's the actual use of the Xyz Materials? You might as well make it a Contact Fusion monsters that Summons the monsters from your GY on its Summon. But yeah, infinite Summoning is bad; target up to the number of Xyz Material detached? Have it be able to detach any number of materials? Just some thoughts.

NOTE: I only just saw your updated cards now. Both Garkus and Darkspawn aren't too powerful anymore, but my other comments still stand.

Not going to talk about the rest of your bosses specifically, but they either Summon or are...super bosses. I feel that defeats the point of having a boss if you have so many in the first place; it just becomes another card at your disposal. You could argue it fits in the theme of Eldritch Abominations and such, but the Entities were originally all Level 4, just really powerful for their Level, and I think that worked. Not to mention the fact of how powerful they actually are, and relatively easy to bring out in the archetype with your far too much Special Summoning here. When making cards, it's important to take into account whether my opponent will be enjoying themselves while I play. Right now, we have your standard meta spam then bring out an invincible boss. I'm not seeing epic; just spammy.

Really hate Zeph's comments here, as he just glosses over the cards saying "Oh, it's a double Monster Reborn" and doesn't actually say why cards are broken., but onto the Spells. It's a shame you made Abomination World instead of working with Dreamland, but that's your call, I guess. Fusion Summoning effect should negate the effects of the monster it Summons, and Xyz effect should only attach, not negate detaching. Archetype is too spammy already. Something is Wrong is 2stronk for searching, as not only does it have no HOPT, meaning its always active, but it adds from your GY as well AND has a GY effect itself. Too much for a generic searcher from the Deck. Either add from your Deck or your GY, and make both effects have HOPT. Or do some other nerfing. Arrival is also too strong, as it grants you any monster you want from the wide selection this archetype provides, without even negating effects or something similar. It's not like your cards need a BP anyway, with how many bosses they have. Just SS from the hand is fine. Discovery should target, but the one thing your cards did NOT need is more means of SSing. Same point for Sleepers, even if I like the latter more. I mean, it has a creative cost, and isn't just a generic Summon from the GY. I like that same thing about Gate, but AGAIN too much SSing. There's no real archetypal quirks here; just Summoning. Lullaby doesn't need to be there, as searching specific cards isn't a great way of doing stuff. Just seems arbirtrary tbh, and, well...Dream is useless. You've completely removed the need for Azahoth for your cards, with all your other bosses, and strayed too far away the original cards.

Two major points here: Think about how the archetype plays and compare it to other decks, how consistent and easily can these cards do their thing? Because, yeah, right now it's far too strong; not only as a normal archetype, but the bosses just seem like overkill. Second point is about making support; you have the theming of Eldritch Horrors down pat, but you don't seem to have understood how the originals wanted to work; your forced these cards to work around them, rather than making them fit the originals.

You can keep posting your sets, but just don't INTENTIONALLY break the 5K ATK and DEF limit for cards (which yes, you did for that one card I pointed out). Skimming over the updated stuff, they're fine. 

Also as a reminder for other reviewers, keep your comments respectful and don't act like how a handful of CC vets behaved a few years ago.

@ Dova

Paragraph 1: Ok *sad face* I just figured it would be creative to branch out and do something with the attribute and monster type since Konami doesn't seem to want to. Guess that kind of free-thinking creativity isn't welcome on the forums. I'll try and work something out, although Wodanaz will require some fancy footwork considering his ability. Also, what would you recommend regarding the "super bosses"? Should I cut out one of their abilities? Like maybe make so they only have blanket negation OR immunity to Solemn Strike and co. instead of both?

Paragraph 2: Ok, well tbh I wasn't planning on the MD part of the archetype being fully fleshed out. I meant to simply make a small group of monsters under the "Abyssal" tag that could feed off of each other to help make the Entities easier to summon. I don't intend to the archetype to be enough to make a complete deck in this case, that's why it is classified as "Entity Support" and not "Abyssal Archetype AND Entity Support". Keep in mind that the only real "Boss" of Entities in the OCG rn is Azzathoth, considering that none of the level/rank 4 Entities are actually anywhere close to being "boss" material (at least as far as I'm concerned, still have no idea why Norden is banned here...). Cards like the Monarchs are just about the bare minimum to qualify as a Boss monster IMO. So I designed the level 4 (and to an extent the level 6's) to try and better facilitate dizzying summoning combos that (hopefully) end in bringing out a decently potent boss monster.

So do you think I should just scrap the entire "Abyssal" archetype and stick to the ED cards to be more faithful to the Entity archetype? That's what I'm getting honestly. (Went ahead and scrapped it, you're right. Making a support archetype for the Entities wasn't faithful to the source material, even if it did kinda make sense lore-wise since most Lovecraft deities have cults that worship them and often will sacrifice members in obscene dark rituals to summon them...)

Paragraph 3: I'll look into making things target. Now that I have scratched out the MD, are there still too many Summoning effects? Seeing as what most of the Entity cards in the actual game do is revolve around summong, im not sure what exactly you want me to do BESIDES reward the player for performing dizzying summoning combos that make the opponent's head spin, seeing as that basically all the Entities do now...

I just had an idea, what if I change Yogg-Saron so that his effect gives the player a bonus if they summon him while they have another ED monster on the field? That's generic enough and will sync (pun intended) well with the archetype as a whole since it focuses on using ED monsters to summon other ED monsters. Which, btw, is Ghroth's secondary use. I've updated him now, but even the way his eff was before he was most useful (IMHO) as a target for Azzathoth, since he would essentially allow you to use Azzathoth's eff twice (once you summoned Azz using Ghroth) if you summoned him (that is Ghroth) with at least 1 Fusion and Synchro as material, regardless of what the other monster was.

I'll look into giving Bast a similar, Yogg-Saron type makeover, where she rewards you for summoning her using another ED monster OR possibly for summoning her while another ED monster is out on your field. We'll see what I come up with.

Paragraph 4: As I said, I don't consider any of the level 6 or lower monsters bosses. For me the Great Entities are meant to be the bosses that the Entity archetype never had. Arguably the only boss in the archetype rn irl is Azzathoth, which is decent but he really lives up to his title as "The Blind Idiot god" as far as I'm concerned. I think you did hit an unexpected nail on its head here when you said this archetype was meta-typical with regards to spamming. I think I might have been letting my encounters with the current meta influence my creations a little too much. I did so much spam because thus far my interactions with the meta have been that no matter what I do, now matter what I summon, no matter what I draw, my opponent will counter it then nuke me into the ground. It's why I hate the current meta so much, its all just negate your opponents moves or prevent them from making any moves in the first place. It's like battling Time Lords, which is something that never quite appealed to me. Instead of the game being "bring out your best and I'll bring out mine then we'll see whose best is better" its become just a race to stop your opponent from bringing out their best while they in turn try to do the same and whoever "blinks" first loses. Not very entertaining for someone like me.

I will investigate options for nerfing the Great Entities. If they are as easy to summon as you claim then that's my only option. Or I could just remove them and keep them to myself I guess. Depends on whether or not you think they belong/should exist at all.

Paragraph 5: I will consider changing AW to Dreamland or some variant. The name is a hold-over from when the archetype was "Abomination" instead of "Entity" and "Abyssal". Will also nerf the effects. Will likely make "Something" into something (hue hue) else now that I've removed the MD. Will nerf/edit arrival, although it is likely still going to be an SS from the Extra Deck if I can help it. Maybe if I made kinda like an "Entity" only Instant Fusion with a HIGHER cost than Instant? I want that card to represent an Outer Entity arriving from somewhere else...ooooo just had a great idea for it! It's going to be an "Outer Entity" only XYZ support card that helps you XYZ easier/faster. I'll get to work on it!

With the MD removed I think Discovery will be fine once it targets. Might throw in a cost if you think it needs it. Sleepers same thing. Without MD monsters that's 4 SS effects gone, the spells make up for it I say. Gate of the Unseen represents Yogg-Sathoth, if you know what his position in the mythos is I'd more than welcome your input on what effects to give it in place of what it already has. I'm kinda stumped about him.

I can understand what you mean about Azzathoth becoming useless with the big bosses in this set, maybe I should take them out too? Will that make Dream actually useful? I can understand why you would think Lullaby is useless regardless of whether Dream is, but I think its ok to have a few useless cards here and there as long as most of the others are balanced.

TBH man, I'm not quite sure what you mean about how the archetype plays compared to other decks. All I got out my studies of it is that it revolves around summoning low-level monsters with weird effects and card art from the ED. If there's more too it than that please enlighten me, seriously I'm lost here. I totally seem to have missed the point about how the real ones work, and would appreciate some education regarding that.

You can keep posting your sets, but just don't INTENTIONALLY break the 5K ATK and DEF limit for cards (which yes, you did for that one card I pointed out). Skimming over the updated stuff, they're fine. 

Also as a reminder for other reviewers, keep your comments respectful and don't act like how a handful of CC vets behaved a few years ago.

I know I can post my sets, I just think I won't. I'll settle for posting them on Imgur and maybe message certain individuals to ask for reviews if they have the time and are fine with doing so. But considering my impression of both the casual and advanced forums thus far has been that they are for FINISHED product only and NOT for product that needs overhauling or editing/development, I think it wise for me not to post anything until it has already been approved by 1 or more people who's opinions on card balance I trust. Apparently I just don't have it in me to make balanced cards. BTW, I'll remove Zuz from the OP, probably the other bosses too anyway...

Archived