Site Changes Discussion

Tormented

Seeing as this seems to be a big talking point, any discussion related to recent changes should probably go here rather than being spammed in status (I have no right to actually enforce this, just seems like a good idea)

Current list of changes is as follows:

• Added the "Mention" system. Allows members to @ one another to draw attention to one or more members, including moderators.
  • Added new skins to YCM's theme selection.
  • Custom Member Groups are now visible everywhere, including the status bar. This includes name change colours and custom effects.
  • Reputation points are now visible at the top of your screen.
  • You can now click links in status comments.
  • Signatures are now visible inside of profiles rather than exclusively being on posts.
  • Implemented new site default theme YCM Modern with an accompanying Thin variant for lower resolution displays.
  • Recent Posts are now visible below Recent Threads.
  • Last visit time is visible in the user information next to a forum post.
  • Implemented YCM Vintage theme for that old Classic Theme.
  • The person who is the creator of a topic now receives a simple identifier in the user information section on their posts. (Only occurs on additional posts, not on the start of the thread)
  • Pushed the release of "YCM Memory" as a new theme, has a clean White and Black style.
  • Fixed a bug on YCM Classic with posts being misaligned(?)
  • Pushed the release of the new theme "YCM Uniform", a theme which has the ability to use custom backgrounds as well as a slightly more colourful appearance.
  • Profile tabs have been re-organized to make better logical sense, the points tab was also hidden as it had no use.
  • Users can now hover over topics and are presented with a preview of the topic discussion.
  • Moderators can now use BBCode in the Forum and Sub-Forum descriptions. 
  • Users are now notified by PM when their member group has been changed by a member of staff.
  • Moderators are now able to reverse warnings via the ModCP
  • Staff team have been provided with an easier more simple banning method. (Mostly for use for bots etc)
  • Introduced some new BBCodes for the site to use.
  • Secondary Groups are now displayed on the site.
  • Implemented a new button "Use Full Editor" which allows users to get to the standalone editor more swiftly.
  • Modified the Member Edit function to work better for the staff team.
  • Implemented BBCode in Statuses. Pending fixes.
  • Implemented a Global New Topic button which will allow users to create a new thread regardless of their location in the forum.  Removed as a solution for the YCM logo being bugged.
  • Added a separator for Pinned and Regular Topics.
  • Implemented the Anchor system to BBCode so you can now jump to certain pieces of text in a post.
  • User level (in stars) now shows regardless of being in a separate group or not.
  • You can now view which sections members are most active on in their profile.
  • Current member restrictions are visible to the staff team on hover of users.
  • Find my content is no longer limited to 1 year of search results.
  • Users now receive a warning message on posts older than 30 days (to not necro)
  • Member ID is now visible in your profile (this number is your ID for the member number you are)
  • Fixed the donation button on profiles not functioning.
  • Added a new navigation button for the New Card Maker
  • Implemented the [google] bbcode which will automatically search for the query in a post.
  • Added a "Quick logon" function in the sidebar when you're currently logged off.
  • Introduced the toggle visibility button for users to change whether they appear as anonymous or visible on the fly.
  • Added New Theme "YCM Flatten"

Changes will be updated here as they happen.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now see that thing that Rewas was talking about earlier. Wasn't using YCM1 then, now I am.

unknown.png

This used to be some sorta circle image, but it's gone. I think Tormented deleting cache might've somehow affected this.

There were also two images on the top-left (near "No replies to this topic" text) for Basic View and Regular View.

If I may make a request... I use the 2edgy4me theme and I'd really like it if there was a link to the cardmaker somewhere without having to switch to another theme first. This isn't important right now but I might get back to making cards and using the in-site cardmaker when/if the "3.0" version comes around

If I may make a request... I use the 2edgy4me theme and I'd really like it if there was a link to the cardmaker somewhere without having to switch to another theme first. This isn't important right now but I might get back to making cards and using the in-site cardmaker when/if the "3.0" version comes around

2edgy is going to be on the sidelines for a bit. I use it, too, but it's a buggy mess and always has been, so it's going to stay until we have a better dark theme, then it's getting axed.

2009 YCM skin when? Also, the changes that appeared on the YCM theme don't appear on the YCM 2009 Vintage theme, which means the changes aren't universally working.

The classic skin will be done after I've re-designed/changed the main site theme, it's in a dire need of an update.

I now see that thing that Rewas was talking about earlier. Wasn't using YCM1 then, now I am.

This is strange because I haven't changed anything that would've likely affected it, does it only occur on YCM 1? It is possible that me recreating the cache is what caused it to break, but this seems unlikely as I only specified Avatars, maybe I'll do the image recache.

I have a change idea: Keep you as admin permanently 

No comment.

I like the mod stalker thingy that appeared earlier, but it should probably be under the status bar.

Rep being shown near notifs looks quite weird, I still don't know whether I like it or not.

I like the idea of online Staff Members being viewable too, I'll try and get that sorted as for visible REP, you could always block the element if you use an adblock extension, it might just look out of place because it's new. I will change them as appropriate.

I don't like being able to see how many likes I've gotten in my user bar. I'll repeat here, but I do not care for likes, I barely keep track of how many I have, they're meaningless currency and at most, they're kinda alright for communicating to the recipient of a like wordlessly. However, having to see it everywhere on YCM may reinforce some false sense of value these likes may have, which I don't like or agree with. The statistic is still easily accessed by visiting your own page and I don't think it should be more prominent than that.

This is strange because I haven't changed anything that would've likely affected it, does it only occur on YCM 1? It is possible that me recreating the cache is what caused it to break, but this seems unlikely as I only specified Avatars, maybe I'll do the image recache.

yeah, the other 3 themes don't have it

@

I will likely be modifying a pre-existing theme that I find online, I'm already trialing a few with the staff team to see which one we like (granted they are in their base forms and not modified to show the cardmaker etc) I'm not talented enough to make a theme from scratch.

@'

I will look into fixing the shop system/revamping at some point, again there's a lot of things on the plate right now and I'm unsure exactly what I want to focus my efforts on (other than sorting out a new theme)

Do we need this? Sakura and other mods tend to be able to just about everything the shop could

Is there any way to do away with "this image extension is not allowed" when posting pics?

but why wouldn't you want it automated to save the mods a small amount of grief

Archived